>player with stretching powers
>"I stretch my eyes to see farther"
>"I stretch my organs to dilute the effects of the poison"
>"I stretch my brain to boost my intelligence"

Would you allow this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-sightedness
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember the rule: Don't say no, determine difficulty.

Even Mr. Fantastic would overexert himself.

Yes. Stop being an ass.

Depending on the system they have "rules" for over exertion. However stretching doesn't increase mass, and stretching ones brain doesn't make them smarter.

>>"I stretch my eyes to see farther"
You temporarily cannot see anything up close.
>>"I stretch my organs to dilute the effects of the poison"
If he specifically says he stretches the liver to give it more surface area or some such I'd allow a boosted save versus poison.
>>"I stretch my brain to boost my intelligence"
"As soon as you begin doing so you notice your thoughts take longer and longer to appear. Afraid for permanent brain damage you immediately stop doing that."

Yes, but you lose fine detail.

You do not increase mass, so stretching your organs would not help.

This would make it worse, actually, since signals would have to be sent longer distances.

Christ that sounds horrifying. Can you imagine someone doing that to peek under a door, collecting all the dirt and dust at the eye slides on the floor? What if a mosquito lands on the extended eye? Do you immediately pull it back, causing all the collected grime to be stuck behind your eyeball? What if you get lacerations and cuts on your eyeball? What if a rat bites it or a bird tries to eat your streched out eye thinking it's a worm?

For the former, his eyes would be absorbing light closer, and would probably process things just as quickly since it is fucking light, you're just changing the entry point, so that should be easy.
Stretching your organs to dilute poison might work if you're doing so with the intent to keep it away from being absorbed into the bloodstream. It also calls into question the metabolic effect of stretching.

Stretching your neurons to make new connections and increase your intelligence is an actual thing Reed Richards did once, but I'd say such fine precision taxes you immensely and as such you can only maintain this enlightened state for around 3 minutes, and even then you can't move for fear of snapping back.

Also promote cause & effect as a GM, even when they succeed.

"You stretch your eyes to see over the wall. Unfortunately, you have a headache for the next hour (-1 to will check)"

"You stretch your organs to dilute the effect of the poison, but you must remain in that exact shape until the half-life of the chemicals in your system starts to break down, etc."

"You stretch your brain to boost your INT, and gain a brief bonus to do science. However, your dendrites are separating. You suffer short-term memory loss for the next game hour."

It sounds like your player is stretching the rules here.

>"I stretch my dick so my wife can have an orgasm."

>You do not increase mass, so stretching your organs would not help.
Surface area increases though, which is what matters in a Lot of things in the body.

I think the last one is supposed to be metaphorical, rather than literal.

Reading all these possible scenarios are awesome. Thank you user. ^_^

Which is better? Stretching with increased durability (not plastic man tier, but more "hard as iron" tier). Or super jumping with increased strength.

Not to mention the mere sight if someone telescoping his eyes forward to look at something far away.

Glad I'm not the only one who found that power disturbing

> What if you get lacerations and cuts on your eyeball?
Eyes are one of the toughness parts of your body (behind bones and just about nothing else) and they get lightly scratched all the time.
But they heal very, very slowly and any major deformation (leaking, ripping, etc.) is leaves them forever useless. But again, up until then they're very sturdy.

Stretching your brain would make you stupider actually

I'm not seeing the problem here.

If anything the brain stretching shouldnt be a temporary buff, but a long term thing you need to do to get results. New neurons dont mean shit if your body fries them because it thinks theyre wasted space. If you spent months to years of multi layed power brain training you could end up with long term results. Its just like jelquing

Mr. Fantastic has done this exact thing in the comicbooks actually.

But it doesn't boost intelligence.
It boosts memory.

>No
>Roll for it
>No

>ok, pay hero point for AltEffect
Oh gee thats hard.

If that's the kind of logic he's using, your player needs all the intelligence he can get.

Maybe, because the eye and its workings are rather complicated. Theoretically as long as the light could reach the reading part of the eye, I want to say it's the optic nerve, it should work.
No, because your organs would maintain a constant mass.
No, because brains don't work that way.

Depends on the group composition. If this results in the PC dodging all kinds of dangers and becoming generally more useful/powerful than other PCs, then veto it to begin with.

Remember: inner party balance is what generally matters. If one players threatens to outshine every other player because of this, you need to stop it. Disregard what the other fools in this thread say.

Otoh, if everyone else has cool powers and that player is generally shafted otherwise, of course you'll enable his creativity.

How does that affect blood flow? How much fine grain control does he have over purely internal stretching anyway?

>optic nerve
Retina. The optic nerve causes the blind spot.

Wouldn't more surface area be a bad thing then?

The more liver surface area you have, the faster you can safely break down toxins.
But yes, indiscriminately increasing *all* of you organs' surface areas would be a very bad idea.

Stretchikng your brain does not increase the amount of neural connections, so it wouldn't make you smarter. Growing it however would. Stretching does not = an increase in mass.

Those are all just different powers with a stretching-based reskin.
If they didn't purchase those abilities (or added the Useful quality to their Talent if the game is Wild Talents) then they wouldn't be able to do those things.

THE OPTICS ARE ALL FUCKED YO YOU CAN'T SEE SHIT

If the player can exactly define how stretching would create the desired effect, I'd allow it. How does stretching the eye make you see farther? Which organ do you stretch that allows you to dilute a poison? Why does stretching the brain make you smarter?

If they come up with plausible explanations, I'd allow it. Otherwise, you might as well allow "I stretch my spleen to allow me to reverse time."

Best hold onto your butt because your asshole is about to get stretched.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-sightedness
Is it even possible to stretch parts of your anatomy you don't ordinarily have any control over? I can consciously move my arms, but I couldn't even wiggle my liver.
See the abovementioned point. Additionally, a larger brain doesn't necessarily make someone more intelligent.

Although, to be honest, you're playing a superhero game. Get creative and go soft on the science aspect.

>this action is beyond your powers.

I'd allow the first two. Especially the second one, because it's clever and plausible.

The third one is stupid.

hepatotoxins are a thing you know.

Well, yes. But generally speaking.

I stretch my imagination to give me super powers!

If he bought the mechanical effects in system and used the fluff of his stretchy powers to use them.