/cyoag/ CYOA General

Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

B

Actually just finished tweaking this a bit. Only actual content change is that random wrath now cycles through your gods each time it occurs; that makes it a bit less complicated.

Also, this version has fixed pictures without the compression artifacts, that are better fitted. Beauty counts!

And an appendix for those who want to get into the nitty gritty. This is NOT in any way required reading for the CYOA. Bottom line:

If you are not earning any passes on wrath, I don't recommend going over 2 gods.

If you are earning a pass per god per year, I don't recommend going over 4 gods.

If you are earning two passes per god per year, I don't recommend going over 5 or 6 gods.

Of course, if you're willing to suffer through wrath from time to time, it's a different matter. You also have more leeway if Hestia is one of your gods.

1/4

I'll take Hermes and Appolon.

When: N/A
God: N/A
Name: Primus
Origin: The Darkness; Free Floating Drone
Skills, Perks & Traits: Advanced-Tech Understanding, Ethereal Mastery Manipulation, Traveller Adept
Initial Equipment Requisition: Traveller Leathers, Yuta Brace, 'Pegs', Basic Survival Kit, Basic Bag, ID Card, Mechanical Transfusion, Spiritual Transfusion, Hardlight Transfusion
Little Things: Forever Alone (X4)
Faction: The Lonesome Road
Covenant: N/A
Allies: N/A
Home District: Free Traveller
Hubworld: Home Lander
Panic Button: The God

>Implying Primus would bend the knee

2 Light Elf (I'm assuming elves are long lived)
1 Intriguing
6 Lifetime + Tripled Lifespan
4 General Magic + Enhanced
3 Power Magic
2 Weaponmaster: Bow

2 Hero: Standard Male Fantasy Hero. (Invoking Radical Freedom from Satre, because this should have been on option)

Fun.

Strange indeed! What will the neighbors think? Gasp. At least it gets you a couple "get out of Wrath free" cards.

I should point out that you cannot "stockpile" passes across years. Each pass is used within a year of when it is earned, and you can't get more than two a year for a given God. All of that was stated in the version you're responded to, but I've better organized the information in the newly posted one.

But, as long as you don't mind spacing out your plans across the years, you've got a good thing going on here.

A solid, low-stress choice. Definitely the least asshole-ish of the gods. Given her blessings, you could take on a second god with basically no risk. Not that you have to.

Now, or Then?

Where Our Worlds Collide 1/4

Hestia because she's chill.
Athena so I can make beautiful CYOAs.

>Athena so I can make beautiful CYOAs.
Is her ability to help you take wise action an impediment to that, though? Makes one wonder.

WHERE'S THE GENIE

I WAS PROMISED A GALLERY

If I get lucky with my potato Internet, I might be able to post some shit. Hopefully then the creativity demons shall be pleased.

Definitely gotta go with Athene, in the Now. Wise choices so I don't fuck anything up, ability to learn twice as fast helps with college, and ability to make great works of art helps pay the bills, and show devotion to my patron goddess in numerous artworks depicting her

>The hubris of missing out on power for the sake of pride.

Wow; you actually fit into the Greek theme *perfectly*

>Hestia

She looks like shit.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. The best part about the wisdom ability she gives is that it /should/ help me to not incur her wrath.

Plus, if I'm a famous painter or something, people may not be as mad if I saw I worship Athene. It will just seem like typically crazy artist stuff to groups that might get legitimately pissed

Meta CYOA
>A

Slavemaster
>Collar and ALL THE OPTIONS. (Collar originally got 7 pts.)

No, she looks like a goddess. As opposed to a condom stretched over an overly endowed middle school student. But, to each their own.

>The best part about the wisdom ability she gives is that it /should/ help me to not incur her wrath.
Oh, yeah. Really, though, if you're only picking one god, unless you're an idiot you're not going to need to worry about Wrath. You could probably pretty safely pick up a second god(ess) if you're going to be open about worshiping them (since being open about it gets you a safety net).

>0 pointage allocated

Literally unplayable

That's a good point, actually. I think I'd choose Dionysus as well, then. I'm not into drugs or gorging myself or anything, but the acting thing seems really fun, especially since I'll be good at it.

Plus, more money to help out with life, and family and all that.

I really liked your cyoa, thanks for posting!

nah you just take 10, its roman numerals

Wasn't there an Art Genie rip off cyoa that was supposed to be posted.

Best of luck to you user, I'm watching.

It was completed. That user is just lazy.

Highly tempted to just worship Aphrodite/Dionysus Now and live a life of debauched hedonism in Hollywood. But I shall resist.

>Then
A place of heroes and legends! A simpler time, when capricious gods struck down humans for petty reasons. I'm going to assume other pantheons exist with magic creatures roaming the world; a worthy challenge!

>Name
I take the name Cadmus of Fate and Time, because my old name would sound fucking weird in ancient Greece.

>Zeus
Did someone say holy wars?

>Ares
Yes, I think someone said holy wars!

>Hephaestus
Ring of Glory. The wearer is always seen in beautiful, radiant clothing, which turns to equally stunning armor in battle.

>Apollon
Have you heard of the Plague of Athens? Disease resistance is a necessity.

Wage war and support the arts like a good citizen.

Zeus' blessings are awesome; lightning bolts let you snipe enemy commanders from across the battlefield, super charisma vastly increases the discipline of your army and loyalty of your citizens, flying enables a tremendous expansion of tactical choices.

Ares lives up to being the god of war, not only boosting success in war but providing near invulnerability and demigod physical power. Don't leave home without Ares's blessing.

>Brown Elf
>Jacked
>Well-Endowed Insanity Edition
>Lifetime 2
>Weaponmaster
>General Magic
Free, so 2
>Hero: Sikk

Thanks for such a lovely yuri-friendly CYOA.

>invoking Radical Cheating to do something as boring as a generic hetero love quest
Shameful.

Hephaestus may be lame, but his powers aren't. Oversee construction of fortification and temples. Directing fire can help contain devastating fires in cities; seeing faults in construction lets you avert disaster from earthquakes and lets you more easily dismantle enemy walls. Ring of Protection lets me look the part of a great hero and protects me by summoning armor when necessary; durability blessings are great for improving fortifications or helping ensure your expensive building doesn't collapse from earthquakes. The automation is ok I guess, not terribly helpful.

Apollon is pretty cool. The culture bonus ensures I'm not seen as some uncivilized brute; as mentioned above, disease immunity (or coming back to life from plagues) is necessary; prophecy can be incredible useful, if unreliable. I'm happy to take the physical bonus during daylight, the lie detection is outstanding for civil duties (have accused criminals swear oaths of innocence in Apollon temples, have anyone of importance speak to me in Apollon temples). I'll be sure to pick a muse who helps me write epics about my and others' heroic adventures.

Hades is a good choice, and it was a close tie between Hephaestus/Apollon/Hades for the 3rd and 4th picks, but in the end I think life would be more exciting if I couldn't crawl back from the grave.

I know something is eventually going to do me in - probably poison, or more appropriately a fatal character flaw. Overall I wish to be remembered as a just, great king who built up ancient Greece, inspired its people, battered her enemies, and founded institutions to stand the test of time.

Meta CYOA
>A

Lewd Magic

Source
Voyuer -1
Exhibitionism -2
Fucking -1
Spells
Thrall -2
+Domination -4
Ghost in the Shell -3
+Distribution -4
Potency -2
+Sculptor of Man -4
Coven
Yaga -2
Hecate -3
Blair -3
Disad
Unsubtle +2

Devil
Induce Desire
Corrupt
Hypnosis
Forget
Girl
Attractive

All using the Meta CYOA's A option.

Imposter Genie user please come back

It's been almost a full 24 hours

>I really liked your cyoa, thanks for posting!
Glad you did, thanks.

>Highly tempted to just worship Aphrodite/Dionysus Now and live a life of debauched hedonism in Hollywood.
Man, now that I've finished it, I'm torn between so many tempting pleasant lifestyles. Another is Hestia/Hermes world traveler.

Anyway, love the epic plan for the ancient days. And I think you're assumption of other pantheons existing is very valid. If I ever get around to doing versions of this for other gods, they'll all exist in the same world. Like the Ring of Glory; seems about the right power level, too.

Yeah, I've thought about the disease resistance thing more. In a future update I may make disease resistance default, and give Apollon something else. Maybe the ability to cure others. Because I don't want anyone who goes back to the past to feel they *have* to choose Apollon.

Clever use of Hephaistos' powers, certainly. Hmm... maybe I'll beef up the automaton a bit so that you can make more of them.

For the Muse, you'll be wanting Calliope, then, the muse of Epic Poetry.

And yes, no doubt you will be a mythic king who was killed due to some hubris, or because you accidentally stepped on the tail of some other god's favorite cat, or something. That's how Greek myths tend to go.

Thanks for sharing.

fooking this is how you make a hardlight build nerd.
Background: Charred Grunt, Hardlighter
Faction: The Fighters
Covenant: The Church of Our Lady
Home: Wander
Hubworld: Uern, Breaks in Space
Panic button: The God

drawbacks: Forever Alone x3 (+1500)
Falling (+1500)
NO GOVNA'S DOLLA! x5 (-2000)
+3,000 total

Perks: Ethereal Manipulation: Mastery (3)
Religious studies (4)
Noble Bearing (5)
Martial Training (FREE)
Sneak (FREE)
Horsepower (6)
Psionic (7)
Field Leader: Alteration (8)

Clothing: Platemail (FREE)
Runic Inscription x3: Enhanced Grace, Enhanced Durability, Enhanced Speed (2,250)
Magister Robes (2,050)

Weapons: Yuta Brace (Mandatory)
Codaori Rings (1,650)
Elder Spear (725) (Returning, Blessed Elder staff/spear)

Knick Knacks: Magical & Spiritual Vestments (625)
Psionic Gaurd (525)
Witching Bottle (505)
Iron Halo (5)
Rock x5 (0) Names: Quartz, Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst and Steven.

Companion: Dimitry, Speaker of God

And so a holy knight of "magic" and Magic, goes off on a quest to slay every daemon between the worlds, god help her enemies.

impostor genie user is dead. just like berri

NO

THAT'S NOT TRUE

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

thirst gem worst gem

they're probably trapped in some demon's orgy realm.

Nah, they're chained to some anons water heater, forced to create them OC which they never share.

Devil
Strike a Deal - Free
Insult
Hypnosis
General Magic
I guess i feel kind of tempted to pick Attractive but the other options are just too fun.

Ey yo Highlander, can we get an estimate on that image update?

Let's do this

>Love
>Boy (Boom: extra complication, perhaps her perspective boyfriend will feel jealous?)
>Rousing Words, Mind Reading, Luck Manipulation, Lucid Dreaming, Animal Helpers
>Low self-esteem, bullies, disfigured, problem home, evil counterpart

>My name is user, I have become this girl's guardian angel to help her find something she's lost since childhood: love. A measure of security human life needs to grow. But when she faces opposition at school, in her own home, and even with her own body and mind, I've got my work cut out for me. As if none of that's enough, the forces of evil want to take this sweet little girl who just wants to feel happiness again and twist her into their personal tool. I won't lie, I'm not well cut out for this either, I ain't no saint and have made peace that whether I succeed or fail, fire and brimstone await me. But I made my choices and I made them myself, this girl doesn't need any of that shit. And that's why I'll help her find that bit of happiness no matter what it takes.

Is Migelo Smith ethereal in nature?

This is probably a stupid question.

>Social, Medical, Sexual +25% 9
>The Station +25% 6
>Brooks, Anastasie, Susan, Masdison, Kanae, Catalina, Felissa +40%
(there really needs to be a medical expert that isn't just Anastasie)
>"You're here forever" and "Did you see that?"
(eh, i'm at 90% survival, I don't need that extra point or extra 10%)

Anyway, I'll use both my new leadership and social skills to help keep everyone alive and sane during these trying times. And get into all of their pants.

I wish Impostor Genie would come back

Me too user

Me too

Hestia, Hades and Artemis in Now.

Rolled 68 (1d100)

Survivability: 75%
Augmentations: Zeus, Swarm, Ouroboros, Clockwork (X10)

Is there any reason not to take Catalina and Felissa?

A

THE WALL is now a monster.

Base Creature: Arthropod
Special Abilities:
Multiple Heads
Increased Defense
Natural Weaponry (Wall shields on arms)
Regeneration
Drawbacks & Missions:
+3 Magical Girl Team
+4 Dark Hero
Boss Perks:
-2 Enhanced Strength
-2 Enhanced Defense
-1 Enhanced Regeneration
-2 Gigantism

Final Stats:
Strength: High
Defense: Final Boss
Speed: Moderate

youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs

The fact that I didn't die isn't so comforting since I now have to deal with this organization. While I know basically nothing about them they likely know everything about me. The scales are tipped in their favor too much for me to have any real chance. Hopefully when this is finished that will be rectified. Really like the concept though.

When is Beri going to update the monster girl waifu cyoa?

>Monster Form
Mammalian
>Special Abilities
Increased Strength
Increased Defense
Regeneration
Enhanced Senses
>Drawbacks
Budget Rangers +2
Infiltration +2
Dark Hero +4
>Boss Perks
Enhanced Strength -2
Enhanced Defense -2
Enhanced Regeneration -1
Napalm Breath -1
Gigantism -2
>Final Stats
Strength Extremely High
Defense Extremely High
Speed Moderate
Plus whatever bonuses Gigantism gives

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Sexual 12
Social 10
The ship 9
Felissa
Brooks 8
Madison 7
Nadja 5
Keira 3
Naomi 0
Ming -2
"You're here forever" -1
"Do you copy?" 0

85% chance, whatever, look at my roll, it's below 85 which means i survived.

Catalina is useless and will undermine your leadership

Making a "modern" wizard CYOA using underutilized -mancies. So what are some weird or obscure magics you guys can think of, including random trinket magic like dowsing rods or something?

Stuff like Number-based magic and shit

What does the Terrorist perk do?
Just make you better at intimidating large groups of people?

That's why I'd take Brooks. She'd keep her in line, and I like muscular women anyway.

Time for ultimate plebian faggotry!

>Asian/Pirate Realm: Martial-Trader

>Ancient Ruins, Steampunk, Humanoid enhancement (humans and non-humans)

>Martial Master (unarmed), Trader Prince, Wright Prince (airship engineering), Scholarly Prince
The first two would be free, right? it says you pick two of of the three in the Asian Realm thing.

>Amu'zan's Armament (Fiery Spear it functions as a weapon, a pry-bar, and a torchlight), Copacetic Conveyance (airship), Opulent Outfit (Steampunk Asian Airship captain), Traveler's Transcript (A metal bound journal with a small camera strapped to the top)

>Capture Prone, Rival Sibling
Because it ultimately increases my scrappy, underdog-ness. Plus, as much as I don't want to admit it, knowing my Rival Sibling will try to upstage me means I know I can count on him to finish my quests or bust me out if only to rub it in later.

So many good quests to choose. Can I choose multiple? Fuck it, I'm picking multiple.
>Cryptic Currency Circulator, Lofty Lanterns, Sphinx Snafu, Strip Club Struggle
>Taleri Kassendel

Take Brooks and Social training and, in theory, it should be easy to keep her in line.

Well, as you mentioned there's going to be number-based magic.

Other shit you could do is like Genomancy (magical gene splicing), you could break technomancy into mechanical and electrical, possibly even say actually controlling shit like advanced computers and sensors will require a different magic altogether.

Maybe a Heliomancy to manipulate light in all it's forms, including lasers?

>martial-trader asian pirate steampunk prince
I have no idea how that would look.

Two weeks from now, though maybe more, I keep hitting walls man.

maybe if you wasted less time on having lesbian sex all day every day you'd be done sooner

Why are you still posting an older version of this?

Also, for + , why'd you post them in the wrong order (mystery box before the actual CYOA)?

Forgot file due to connection problems.

I fucking wish. I just really want to get some fucking sleep these days.

>including a trigger warning
I don't know how I feel about this.
>only one Fate
Come on, man.

I skipped to the Wrath to see if they were bearable. Yeah sure, you shouldn't cause them to feel wrath towards you, but it could happen.
That leaves Ares, Hephaistos, Aphrodite (>implying), Demeter (mostly because I don't even know if you can do her mission),
Poseiodon's wrath is pretty serious.

>Now
>Hestia
Her reward isn't great, but at least she isn't a dick.

If I could be guaranteed not to entice Wrath, I'd go
>Now
>Hera
That "healthy marriage" blessing is boss, and cheaters should be punished.
>Athene
Mostly for the artistic bonus. I have no chance of completing her mission.
Oh wait, I missed that Hera forces you to be a woman.
That's shit. Guess I'm only picking Athene.

Why can't you sleep?

Yes. Don't worry, all questions are stupid.

Terrorism is an artform like many other types of manipulation, but yes, that's the jist of it.

Heavy insomnia.