Gamefinder Thread

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

thetimezoneconverter.com/
discord.gg/tRUj4Fa
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52880/between-eath-and-sky
discord.gg/jWgJa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Eclipse Phase
Evenings EST or weekends
To be determined depending on the players. I tend to favor text.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Got one spot left. Perhaps 2 if lots of interest.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
40k RPG minus Dark Heresy, D&D 3.5/5th Edition, SW Saga Edition
Evenings/Nights GMT-6, any day but Thursday.
Skype, IRC, Roll20, almost anything given enough time to figure it out.
>Contact Info
Darklady2831 on Skype, say you're from the Gamefinder Thread on Veeky Forums
>Additional Notes
Looking mostly for a Black Crusade game, or alternatively another 40k RPG game that leads into a Black Crusade game. Though, feel free to shoot me a message, I'm open to other ideas.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
D&D 5e, Pathfinder, D&D 3.5?
>Times Available (with timezone!
PST, my time available depends on whether we're using voice or not. I work 2 pm -> 7 pm though.
I'll use whatever the GM is comfortable with.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I haven't really played much Pathfinder/3.5 so I'm not familiar with how to build extremely competent characters or how to game the system. You might see some incompetent basic tier stuff from me in regards to character power, especially in 3.5, I don't really know that much about it and the options that exist.

I haven't played a ton of tabletop RPG's but as a player and a GM I'd describe myself as someone who gets invested in the world and then just lets the story roll where it wants to. I'm not big on planning out a super elaborate backstory, a couple lines on where I'm from is enough, I'm more inspired from the actions taken in the game than anything else.

I don't really have any idea what character I'd want to play until we actually get to session zero. I wouldn't be super excited for off the wall or heavily themed games. Right now I'm looking for a party to explore some dungeons and kill some dragons along with roleplay and npcs. I want to be an adventurer though in a classic fantasy world.

Something's wrong with OP image

GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
DH, OW, RT
GMT+1
Skype, Roll20, Discord
>Contact Info
Tracers Night on Roll20
>Additional Notes
I wanna play a Tech-Priest. Preferably one that can construct and improve guns and armour. I'd like to have a twin-lasgun with a compact modifcation that runs straight off my potentia coil using the talent. Have a small cutting laser and trade (Scrimshawer) and decorate every weapon with iconography. Also maybe have the traid (Performer) and play a musical instrument. Afterall, their all instruments.

And if not that, then some kind of officer type, like a Noble Guard Officer with a Sword! Can do all sorts of flashy swashbuckle with Sword! Break weapon, called shot arm. Have the ability to Challange single opponents in close combat. Maybe a best craftsmaship sword.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Exalted 3e
9am-2pm GMT (7pm-12pm AEST)
Text on skype or roll20
>Contact Info
Beogis on skype
>Additional Notes
Looking for one or two more players for a Solar Exalted exploration/adventure focused game.

how newbie-friendly is exalted 3e?

One of the players is a newbie as well so it should be fine, I can teach the rules if your not familiar with the system as well

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
5e dnd
starting at 2 PM. According to: thetimezoneconverter.com/ at CEST time. Saturdays
Roll20 and Discord
>Contact Info
Bob#8904
>Additional Notes
Looking for 2 players, hopefully not for a third one either. Players hit a story point so some catching up will be done sadly. As must info; I am a newbie GM, though this hasn't really come to play at all, be prepared to sometimes help me out or wait for me to figure something out, nonetheless, it shouldn't be a problem. The game I aim at is a little bit more story oriented so I cannot promise visible rails.

*invisible rails.

Also, text is okay as long as you type fast, other than that, voice.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
The Hard Way
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Saturday 9AM-2PM CDT
Sunday 9AM-2PM CDT
roll20 with Skype for voice
>Contact Info
[email protected]
This is also my Skype address
>Additional Notes
PDFs available on request
I prefer voice but would be willing to try text if that is what the majority wants

GM
red markets
Saturday nights @ 6pm EST
Discord voice and roll20 map for visual aids & dice
Join this discord group and ask for elric225 discord.gg/tRUj4Fa

Additional info: the group is specifically looking for someone good with melee weapons and able to take a bite. Ask the other players for additional requirements.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
DH2E or 40k preferred, open to others
Tue,Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun evenings JST (Japan Standard Time)
Any
>Contact Info
discord: Blackhawk#5806
>Additional Notes
It's hard finding a game in this time zone, so while I'd prefer a 40k game I would play other systems if the timing is right.

something something zalgo dead meme

>GM/Player
GM or Player
>System Preferred
Dungeon World
D&D 5th Edition
Sixth World (Powered by Apocalypse Shadowrun)
Apocalypse World
A Song of Ice and Fire RPG
Numenera
Pokemon Tabletop United

GMT +01:00 LONDON
Tuesday 2nd August 2016
16:00 - 20:00
20:00 - 00:00
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc) and Contact Info
Skype - royisreallycool
Discord - #0941

>Additional Notes
Can GM Dungeon World, Sixth World, Apocalypse World.
I have interest in running D&D 5E, ASOIAF, Numenera, Pokemon but my experience
with these systems is still fairly recent.

Would also be interested in joining any existing groups for these games

Too bad you're in London, I'd dig a PTU game.

When else would you be available to play

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
3.5/pf, rifts/palladium, owod, cyberpunk, m&m are what I'm familiar with, willing to learn and try new stuff
US east coast evenings, after ~6:30pm
I'd greatly prefer to have an IRL group if there are any seeking players in the Savannah GA area but I've been reposting this for so long I'm willing to delve into online play
>Contact Info
Skype: kaevasel, mention this thread or something or I might dismiss you as a bot
>Additional Notes
The only method of online play I'm familiar with is tts, so you'd have to bear with me while If I have to learn something else

Theres a couple with your name.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Rogue Trader, running mostly on slightly modified DH2 rules
Sundays at 4pm Pacific.
Roll20 for rolls and ic, Skype for ooc (text only)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
PLEASE only sign up if you can make the time slot. We're one session in and I've already had to drop two players and skip a week because of people who don't show up.

I'd like someone with a comfortable familiarity with the 40k setting. New players are welcome and rulebooks are available. The campaign is combat light in a custom setting with a bit of a spooky theme. Feel free to ask any questions.

What player classes have you got already?

A captain and an enginseer.

I sent an application a while back to Max on skype.

Im tracersnight.

Is this the right skype address?

Im trying to get a group together to play The Mutant Epoch.
Obviously the hard part is the GM so im willing to help anyone learn the system and provide the books necessary.
If anyone wants to check out the system let me know and ill link the books.

Figure I'll post this again and give this thread a bump while doing so.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Freeform, Modded 3.5/Pathfinder
>Times Available
Thursday 4.00 - 12.00 PM GMT
>Method of Play
Roll20 and Skype
>Contact Info
Alex G on roll20
>Additional Notes
Link: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52880/between-eath-and-sky

A sandbox D&D game where players take the role of kids growing up in a remote village. Essentially high fantasy slice-of-life. New players welcome.

Hmm, have you heard of Ryuutama? That might be better for your purposes, but I'll definitely take a look.

>Ryuutama

Never heard of it but after giving it a quick glance I like a lot of what it is trying to do. I was already planning to implement some of those systems in the game before I even knew about them (the game will have something similar to the Ryuujin system) so switching over might not provide as much of a benefit.

Also switching would mean losing out on the brand recognition that D&D has and its vast amounts of content. And the PCs are not entirely normal kids either, rather they are future heroes/villains.

At least pick a sane edition.

Fair enough!

Are you only playing today? Cause I'd be down to playing pretty much everything you want to run, but today wouldn't be possible.

I keep seeing your game but I just can't see myself reigning in my need to be a special snowflake cunt enough.

Can you describe what type of stuff we'll be doing? I want to get an idea of the type of game that the GM/DM wants to run and "high fantasy slice-of-life" means a lot of different things to me.

I'm not sure if its going to be like, a "secret clubhouse" style of mini-hero adventures where we try and explore a haunted house(that might actually be hauntent because its D&D) or if we're doing literal slice of life stuff like helping the gandma bake a pie.

>clicky
>there's like fifty guys including a handful of erpers
>still posting the ad

>erpers
>everyone's playing a kid

but why

Most ERP is done with high school-middle school aged characters, you know.

...please tell me middle school is a different age range where you live.

Nope.

Remember: Most people who ERP are either horny teenagers.

The rest of us get bored with it pretty fast.

You could befriend a dragon or discover that one among you has the talents of sorcerer. You could try to convince the smith to forge you a sword or explore the haunted ruins for a rumored blade. You could find a tower that seems like it was build only yesterday but has no windows nor doors. Or encounter a mysterious stranger with heavy wounds in a cave who asks you for help as a melodic chanting reaches your ears from below.

All that mixed together with days where you simply spend your time fishing, competing against each other or helping the adults with their everyday tasks.

Is there going to be ERP?

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
CoC / AdEva / JJBA tabletop / Star Wars EoE
Eastern Time Zone, most time, Only going to school part time this semester
Skype / Roll20
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
Haven't played tabletop in a while, just moved back home from overseas, looking to put together a semi regular group

No.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
DnD 5e
PDT, monday-thursday 2pm-6pm
Roll20, have a mic and not a sperg if you wanna voice, text works fine too
>Contact Info
Tyler S on R20, Tyler S. #8248 on discord
>Additional Notes
forever DM irl, just wanna be a player for some 5e

>GM/Player
GM
>System
Homebrew d6 dicepool system created for Riddell and Stewart's Edge Chronicles world
Flexible, we'll work something out.
Text with google drawings for maps
>Contact Info
discord.gg/jWgJa
>Additional Notes
Made a new system and I'd like to try it out. Setting should definitely be open enough for anyone to learn it.

bump

Has anyone ever found a good long term group through gamefinder threads on Veeky Forums?

also bump

Yes

My group is 50% people I've known for years, 50% people I met through advertising on gamefinder.

I'd say that if you're looking for a long-term group, gamefinder probably isn't the place to start, but if you're looking for just ONE quality player to fill an empty slot, that it's a fine place to look, if you're willing to wait a few days to a week for applicants to file in, so you can choose the best.

It's all about being good at being able to detect and screen out bad players.

If you're a player looking for a game.....

You ALSO need to know how to ask screening questions, in order to determine whether or not you're a good fit for a game.

More than 80% of game ads I reply to, I realize I just won't have fun in a particular game, or I don't mesh with a group, and so I'll bow out rather than waste everyone's time, which can cause perfectly good games to collapse in their infancy. Determining this via a conversation instead of letting it happen mid-play helps out everyone. Once one person leaves in a huff mid-session, or stops showing up, other people naturally sense weakness and vacate, even if it's not really well-founded.

Yeah, the Eberron one, but I foolishly didn't look at the timezone, and had to leave because of this

>You ALSO need to know how to ask screening questions, in order to determine whether or not you're a good fit for a game.
What if you're a shitty player who is trying to learn how to fit in with other groups?

On one hand, I don't want to be a dick and piss off the GM and/or players, on the other hand practice makes perfect and I'm sorely lacking in practice.

Be honest and up-front about it, and keep a positive attitude.

Remember: YOU hold the power to not sperg out.

And YOU are an active participant who needs to contribute so that the group has fun.

I dunno, I just cant see myself attempting to join a game without soiling it at character creation.

How are you this self-aware about being a shitty player and still a shitty player?
It seems like 95% of being a shitty player is just lack of self-awareness

Because problems are being shit at mechanics and being shit at character concepts. A is from being too stupid and preferring fluff-dictating-stats rather than the other way around, and B is from having the imagination of a five year old/special snowflake syndrome.

The second half of B can be fixed by actually playing with a variety of groups, but the other half and all of A are basically unfixable.

I'm also a rampant attention whore, but I can hold that back (for the most part)

are you willing to run CoC and have any other people?

Ask your GM for help.

There's plenty of times where I help give players ideas for characters fitting for a game because they're short on ideas.

And if you're new, you're not expected to be a master of mechanics, just like....do your homework and read the relevant parts of the books as the game goes on so you get better.

>Ask your GM for help.
Because the answer is "you're going to take one of your "required" aspects of this character and change them, or you're not playing this character/in my game"

Because you should never, EVER let fluff dictate stats. But it's the only way I know how to operate.

>Because you should never, EVER let fluff dictate stats. But it's the only way I know how to operate.

How could one poster be so wrong about everything. Fluff dictates states. That's why stats are there, to ground fluff. Even wargamers and Magic players will sometimes let fluff dictate their choices.

RPGS are a group endeavor and the GM's job is to sometimes say no in order to maintain authenticity of the setting.

You're that guy.

Work on changing yourself before getting in this hobby.

Sorry then. I make bad characters, and I don't want to change them in ways that make the GM's job easier because then it's a "not the same".

Making things that don't fit the setting isn't actually the problem. I will do stupid things like if the concept is "You are all imprisoned for piracy" I'll play the "guy that's wrongly imprisoned, not even for piracy" character. Still in prison, still capable of doing pirate things (although not happy about it), still going to stick with the group (because they can't answer "where do I go now?").

But I do tend to take concepts that I find and then completely trash the original idea for some fringe benefit I can hardly use. That or just not read something crucial correctly and completely fuck myself by basing my entire build around a wrong assumption.
>Wow, look at this pathfinder class about riding a horse. I wish I could do everything in it except ride a goddamn horse. I fucking hate horses.
>Kobolds are SUPPOSED to have low CON. Why yes, I am aware I'm playing a Fighter. Have you seen my 18 in CHA?
>Can I play this homebrew race? It has a -2 in every stat. Why yes I am aware I'm playing a Fighter.
>Bullets and Bandages is such a neat little splat for Shadowrun. I'm going to base my entire character around this. [Later, in-game] Oh, medkits are pretty much automatic
>Oh wait it just says 1d4 damage worth of knockback, not 1d4 damage WITH knockback. I guess I haven't actually been dealing damage for the last six sessions.

STOP DOING STUPID THINGS.

Work WITH the GM. Not against them!

But I don't want my characters made for me

Like, all of this will surely be fixed over time if I can just broaden my horizons by finding new groups. But that means playing and in the mean time I'm being a dick.

You're fucking stupid.

Are you legit retarded mate?

Pretty much

But I can't fix it if I just keep wallowing in my own shit taste.

Go play freeform roleplay on Gaia then. Seems like it'd fit you perfectly.

I don't understand friend, that seems like it would make the situation worse, not better.

Nobody cares about quality there, or teamwork, or snowflakey-ness. You can go crazy, write whatever character you want, regardless of setting, theme or story.

GMs, this person here is why you ask screening questions.

One spot taken, so far still got one more room.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
D&D 5e, NWoD, PTU
I'm EST and weekends are bad for me but I'm pretty flexible otherwise
Whatever the group uses
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I'm a forever GM who just wants to find a decent game.

>GM/Player
Players
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
Evenings/Nights EST (GMT-4) around 8-9 PM, weekdays are good but Friday/Saturday is ideal
Skype, IRC, Roll20, Discord, you name it we play it!
>Contact Info
a_zombie_goast or IterationDrive on Skype
>Additional Notes
Looking for a Pathfinder campaign where we can submit a dual-application, we're Path of War friendly and generally open to anything and everything the DM might throw our way (we've got a preference for sandbox and more high-powered campaigns, though!)

>You can go crazy, write whatever character you want, regardless of setting, theme or story.
But setting, theme, and story are what gives characters focus. It gives context to what they do and why they do it. Without it, there is no character, just a wall of words and maybe a picture or two.

Take the example I made earlier, of playing a non-pirate in a pirate game. It opens up avenues to explore the rest of the cast. The rest might not bat an eye at raiding a merchant ship, but this guy who has gone from law abiding citizen to murdering and looting has an emotional weight tied around their neck. As the other characters respond to the newbie, it brings for why they do what they do, and how they think of people who don't share that point of view.

But this is quite the ambitious undertaking for an inexperienced player like myself. If you fuck it up, you end up with what is essentially a lump-on-a-log character, or worse.

>Nobody cares about teamwork
But it's always a story about a team. While there can be individual character arcs (something I take way too much joy in having to myself) in the end it's about the group as a whole.

Now, I also don't like the idea of essential character roles like "Who's going to be the healer this time around?". But maybe I haven't seen enough of it to really appreciate a well-rounded group. Maybe the extra challenge isn't worth the frustration, maybe it is, maybe it only works for certain classes/archetypes being left out. I don't know because I'm inexperienced.

>Snowflakey-ness
It isn't about what you can do. For the longest while, I thought it was about what you CAN'T do and how you deal with that. But I've been starting to question that line of thinking.

Plus, like it or not, there are some things that absolutely cannot be made a limitation for a PC. Like the ability to give or take a hit.

>Quality
Practice makes perfect?

Kill yourself, autist.

So, you want teamwork, but you dont want to make characters conductive to teamwork. You want characters appropriate for the setting/theme of the campaign, but you dont want to make these characters.

>It isn't about what you can do. For the longest while, I thought it was about what you CAN'T do and how you deal with that. But I've been starting to question that line of thinking.

>Plus, like it or not, there are some things that absolutely cannot be made a limitation for a PC. Like the ability to give or take a hit.

What the fuck is this even?

Am I being baited? Is this some meta-view of how GMs view That Guys?

>Am I being baited? Is this some meta-view of how GMs view That Guys?
The only group I have enables my bullshit. Also, I'm a massive idiot besides that. So all I can do is try to figure shit out on my own by sitting by myself thinking about it.

As you can tell, that's not exactly working. At all..

I think you have it set to where not everyone can send you a friend request because you're not showing up on my pending list.

Colette, maybe you should get a job instead of playing games.

Wait, which one of us are you calling Colette?

Keeping the thread alive.

Got room for a few more.

Also, bump.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Only War, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader
GMT+1, My tuesdays, thursdays and sundays are a no-go, but the rest of my week is good!
Skype, Roll20
>Contact Info
rorhag on Skype
>Additional Notes
Got a burning, powerful need to play a commissar - the multiple responsibilities they have (political operator, morale officer, disciplinarian and advisor to the squad sergeant) sounds challenging and FUN.

Gamefinder stays alive.

Interested. Sending you an email now.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Shadowrun, either 4th or 5th ed
All of Saturday, most of Sunday.
Roll20, skype, etc
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I would prefer text over voice by far

I've got a lot of GM and player experience in general, but not a whole lot of shadowrun experience.

>Player
>(A)D&D 2/4/5e, GURPS 4e, Numenéra, 13th Age, Pokémon Tabletop United, Classic Traveller, Pathfinder, Legend, OSRIC, plenty of others
>Mon-Thur, also Fri-Sun for the near future EDT (UTC-4)
>Discord, Roll20, MapTool, Skype, some combination thereof
>Discord: #5914; email: [email protected]
>If D&D 4/5e, I would like to have an opportunity to playtest a homebrew race of mine (though the 4e version is presently incomplete)

Still one more room so far.

Bump for GMs.

rescuing

page 9

>new group is looking for player
>WHFRP 2e
>I've wanted to try it for some time
>contact their GM, ask if I can join
>silence
>he deletes the group and removes all his info in 2 days
I didn't want to play a-anyways..

YES! Maybe you and me
could team up!

Is there anyone who still plays ADnD 2e?

Yes.

That would be hella rad, actually - I could steady the line during battle and ensure your orders are carried out, and you can lend me some muscle when I'm tackling disciplinary issues.

Still, it'll all be for naught without a GM to put up with our antics

Totally willing to play.

The problem with AD&D2e games isn't the system, it's the kind of GMs who run it.

It's all adversarial, throwaway character, minimal roleplay hexcrawls. In one case, I remember the OSR gang from suptg like 6 or 7 years ago making me read a ten page manifesto on old school philosophy that boiled down to "GM VERSUS YOU. CHARACTER INTERACTION BAD. YOU ARE HERE TO KILL ZOMBIES AND CRAWL THROUGH TOMBS. ROLEPLAYING MEANS SOLVING TRAPS NOT TALKING. BACKSTORY IS TERRIBLE. MAKE SOME BACKUP CHARACTERS, YOU WILL DIE."

I ran as hard as I could.

bump