Necrons

What the fuck is their problem, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FyeoBm5QFnA?t=865
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not enough calcium. Had to replace their whole skeletons.

Young kids on their lawns

radiation kinda does that to you.

>What the fuck is their problem

What is YOUR problem, lesser species?

>I'm not a robot verification.

... primitives.

No one in Veeky Forums wants to have sex with them. Can't fuck it, don't care about it. Simple as that.

/thread

Their canon got fucked up with the latest newcrons

So what's with all the bad written lore? I just read it and I cannot get why the Necrons got mad at the C'tan.

So they got turned into robots but felt bad about not having a soul? What is a soul even? What does a robot know about a soul? What having no soul feels like? Do over machines feel bad at not having a soul? The Admech have no issue with it.

This post shows that you don't exactly have a strong grasp of the situation, so I'll try and explain it the best I can.

>What is a soul even?
Immaterial presence that most sapient beings possess in some form or another, removing a soul from a soul-bearing species tends to be extremely psychologically unhealthy, providing they somehow survive via miracle or engineering.

>What does a robot know about a soul?
Pretty much what everyone else knows if they're programmed to understand it, but on a far more logical level rather than the instinctual understanding which soul-bearing beings possess.

>The AdMech have no issue with it.
The AdMech still have their souls.

It's not just the souls the C'tan took, it's the consciousness of most of their people and, to a degree, the free will of a lot of their fellows. The C'tan weren't interested in the good of the Necrontyr, they wanted an army and a bunch of souls to consume. Those Necrons that still had their sense of self disagreed strongly with this notion.

Not enough choppy desu.

>It's not just the souls the C'tan took, it's the consciousness of most of their people and, to a degree, the free will of a lot of their fellows. The C'tan weren't interested in the good of the Necrontyr, they wanted an army and a bunch of souls to consume. Those Necrons that still had their sense of self disagreed strongly with this notion.

No no no.

You mistaken. The C'tan did not do any of this. They gave the Necrontyr the knowledge and they engineered it to the way it is. The whole mindless warrior thing is something the Necrontyr did. The Necrontyr choose for the royalty and their courts to be sentient and powerful while the plebeians mindless.

So you are blaming the C'tan for something the C'tan did. Furthermore, the Necrontyr were forewarned about the loss of their sould via the biotransference. So in this the C'tan did nothing wrong.

>The AdMech still have their souls.

Their robots don't or even the AI of the DaoT are not magically sad at not having souls. What makes the Necrons different? They are essentially robots. I mean it's not like they had any understanding what a soul is before the whole thing. Now as robots I am led to believe that they should feel sad for not having a soul? That's dumb. If this stupidity persists when don't they program themselves to not feel sad. I mean obviously it works for the what'shisface Zahndrekh who isn't SAD like the rest of the Necrons before the faulty programming in his head tells him he is still alive.

>Necrontyr were forewarned of this

This is a difficult issue to properly bypass, considering a good portion of the Necrontyr never understood the full peculiarities of the biotransferrence process (and there were a lot of them). Needless to say it was a desperate move to deal with the Old Ones and not everyone was given the briefing.

Not to mention the C'tan still never cared for the Necrontyr themselves. They wanted power and took an opportunity to cease it. Power through souls, armies, and a new race of mostly mindless entities to control.

>Their robots don't

The Robots/Cybernetica never had souls. When the Necrontyr consciousness was transferred into their new bodies they lost a fundamental part of themselves, a fundamental part who's loss has been known to straight-up kill others who have gone through the process of being cut off from the Immaterium.

Further, the Necrons who do regret losing their souls are fully sapient and capable of emotional processing. As for why they're not reprogramming themselves? Well, that's an intentional violation of your sense-of-self and not everyone would be willing to go through that. I'm sure some have, however, as the lore is pretty clear that different Necrontyr who have retained their sapience have reacted to their new existence very differently.

>This is a difficult issue to properly bypass, considering a good portion of the Necrontyr never understood the full peculiarities of the biotransferrence process (and there were a lot of them). Needless to say it was a desperate move to deal with the Old Ones and not everyone was given the briefing.

The Triarch who got to decide got the full briefing and they were warned by Orikan.

> They wanted power and took an opportunity to cease it. Power through souls, armies, and a new race of mostly mindless entities to control.

Like you said, the Necrons were not totally mindless. The royalty were in control and the Silent King along held the command protocols. If the C'tan wanted them mindless, then they would have personally programmed every Necron to be a mindless drone like they did in the Oldcron days. Instead the C'tan left the form and method of the biotransferance in the hand of the Necrontyr. They allowed the royalty to be in charge. This doesn't speak of treachery.

>the C'tan still never cared for the Necrontyr themselves.

The Flayed One line before his death says he cursed the Necrons because they cast aside his love. Obviously, we are not getting the whole picture.

>When the Necrontyr consciousness was transferred into their new bodies they lost a fundamental part of themselves, a fundamental part who's loss has been known to straight-up kill others who have gone through the process of being cut off from the Immaterium.

Who is that different than the Admech merging their minds with machines or transfering their minds inside robots? Does every sentien thing that gets its brain scan stored in a new body feel this way?

Newfags shitting up the galaxy without even lurking.

They traded their dicks to win a war, realized they liked their dicks, fucked up the people who took their dicks away, and then took a nap. I think anyone would be a little miffed at life after all that shit.

You ever woken up from a nap and felt a like shit? One of those naps where you would have been better off just staying awake?
You ever woken up from one of those naps after having had chemo therapy so extreme they had to amputate your whole body?
Ever woken up from a nap that awful and you find out someone moved into your kitchen? And that they've turned off the power so all your food went bad?

That's why the Necrons are cranky. There's a hobo in their pantry and he took a shit in the toaster.

They're a race of entitled middle-aged people whose souls got nommed

THEY AINT GOT NO DICK MAN.

>You ever woken up from a nap and felt a like shit? One of those naps where you would have been better off just staying awake?

Ugh, just had one about 40 minutes ago. Goddamn sleeping clock get back into sync.

>That's why the Necrons are cranky. There's a hobo in their pantry and he took a shit in the toaster.
kek

So white people?

Right. It's white people who are entitled, demanding exemptions from law and free shit.

Necrons don't do that.

They just think they own the galaxy and that they are the only civilized race in a galaxy of degenerates and primitives. They are arrogant, extremely entitled, and bitter at privilages that they are gradually losing.

Stop with the thinly veiled politics. Don't derail another fucking thread, nigger.

>The Triarch who got to decide got the full briefing and they were warned by Orikan.

The C'tan lied to them, or at least did not tell them the entire truth (remember that the C'tan who gave them the offer was secretly known among its own kind as The Deceiver). Only once they began the biotransference process and the Silent King realized what the cost of his decision was. Not even the Triarch knew the full extent of the matter.

Ward

>Only once they began the biotransference process and the Silent King realized what the cost of his decision was. Not even the Triarch knew the full extent of the matter.

Once again, I must say this. Orikan the chief soothsayer of the Necron Empire and advisor of the Silent King and the Triarch told them all that the biotransference will grant the Necrons all the glory and might they deserve but it will be at the cost of the Necrontyr's race's souls. The Triarch deemed this a fair price.

They knew exactly what they were getting into. So the C'tan is not on the C'tan. The C'tan did not force this on the Necrontyr or did they choose how the biotransference was implemented between the Necrontyr castes.

You fucking niggers need to take your BLM shit to /pol/ where it belongs and give me a fucking second of escapism from your endless torrent of "protests" that turn my commute into a 3 and a half hour slog.

youtu.be/FyeoBm5QFnA?t=865

>bitter at privilages that they are gradually losing.

>white people create western civilization
>aren't allowed to be upset that they're losing their hold on western civilization

We're supposed to let other people have a chance though! Just like the Necrons should! It's mean to be on top all the time. We/they need to let other people destroy what they've built so everything can fall back in progress a few centuries/millennia.

They've got a bone to pick with everyone.

As imperial, I think necrons are far batter than eldar.

Are there any recommended Necron fluff? Any books with them that are really good? I'm trying to get back into 40k novels, some are really fun.

"Hammer and Anvil"
"Fall of Damnos"-------->"Spear of Macrrage"---------->"Viel of Darkness
"Carnac Campaign"
"Dead Men Walking"
"Lords of Borsis"---------->" The World Engine"
"Shield of Baal : Devourer"---------->"Shield of Baal : Words of the Silent King"
"Infinite Tableau"
"Crossed Swords".

They had their time, it's time to step aside and let another carry the torch of progress into the future.

Thanks! I'm gonna look into these ASAP.

Same. I always thought it'd be easier for human-necron alliances and negotiations to happen than human-eldar things of the same sort.

But you didn't create western civilisation. That's such a massive delusion that you should see a medical professional about megalomania

>Insert my usual rant about my preference for the OldCrons fluff.

the canon has been fucked up for the last ten years

oldcrons are the only true necrons

>So what's with all the bad written lore? I just read it and I cannot get why the Necrons got mad at the C'tan.
before newcrons there was no rebellion. The C'tan were in charge in all their star-vampire glory

then it occurred to someone that it was a bit odd having creatures that were supposed to be on a par with Chaos gods wandering around on the tabletop, getting taking out by dreadnoughts and wraithlords and shit. So they came up with the whole Shard thing, and retconned the fluff to include a rebellion to explain why the C'tan got split up into shards. 'Motivation' was a secondary concern on the part of the writers.

Although still, I think it's reasonable that they'd be angry about being roboticized.

btw, the pdf is my attempt at reconciling Oldcron and Newcron fluff. Not that there's much you can do to salvage it at this point, but I thought I might at least try.

>elves vs. the Terminator
nigga what?

>But you didn't create western civilisation.

Explain your reasoning, because without some kind of reasoning your argument is not valid. For hundreds of years the overwhelming majority of advanced technology has come out western Europe and America. I don't see Africa with a Large Hadron Collider. They don't even have aqueducts or in some cases a written language.

Looks good. If only if they went with something similar.

>12 pages
anyone care to provide a tl;dr?

I don't want to make you feel like you're getting attacked and spammed here, but please elaborate as to why another race besides Caucasians could be successful?

Asians follow the rules to the point that they can't allow creativity to prosper, they owned fireworks for 5000 years but never made cannons or rifles. every plane jet and helicopter in china is a literal carbon copy of american made

Blacks - I'm not going there

Arabs, and jews have a successful culture, but the majority of them are currently dominated by a death cult (ie islam) I'm not being subtle or /pol/ I genuinely see islamists as just a super effective cult that picked up too well

Slavs can be either complete and utter geniuses with an amazing depth of knowledge (tesla) and perspective (see soviet block art like bekzinsky) that change the world. or just leave bigger things to other people, usually to genocidal psychopaths.

the only successful asian country is japan, but they don't even consider anything outside japan real.

so far america has completely destabilised the middle east for the next few decades. made sure all countries involved in NATO surrounded russia to the chocking point.

china has pushed the US' buttons for so long now. you have to think if there wasn't something happening that we aren't aware or being told about.

Europe and a European colony has dominated the world. besides mongols, who else can compete with the US and Britain's accmplishements?

Of course, how can I have forgotten all the Asian Enlightenment philosophers, African renaissance architects, and Abo industrialization that made the West into the thriving superpower it currently is.

can we please not do this? If I wanted to get into another racial argument (of the kind that doesn't involve elves, kobolds, etc, etc) I would go to /pol/.