Is there any real differences between hydromancers and cryomancers?

Is there any real differences between hydromancers and cryomancers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XEElB5UTv-4?t=40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One controls molecules of water in its liquid form the other controls heat exchange one way, possibly only in water.

One manipulates water, the other moves heat around..

Most just cross class a little to get the benefit of ice manipulation.

This, you big dummy.

Ones better with liquids and ones better with solids.

Yes, but only for tax reasons.

Can a cryomancer control the oxide in the air?

You made me smile.

icemage4lyfe

Probably not. Like i said its probably just water based or liquid based. The moisture in the air? Probably. The air itself maybe through relation with moisture already existing in the air. Otherwise you got a guy freezing the hydrogen in the air/blood and shutting down the sun.

>2 steps later you have a QT quad amp.

Yes. Cryomancers are cooler.

NO! Bad, user! BAD!

How do hydromancers actually damage their opponents?

>watch out! I'm going to spray you with water!

Unless you're fighting fire elementals it seems like hydromancers wouldn't be very helpful in combat.

Chill out, man. Don't get so heated.

>I have literally never seen what a fire hose, flood, or even a particularly aggressive bath tub can do to a human being.

You control your opponents instead, keeping them away, moving them around, pushing them back, keeping them down, hitting away their weapons, etc.

One is cooler than the other

You are aware that pressurized water is used for cutting granite, right?

Go inside before the neighbors see! You're grounded until your 16th birthday when i can legally disown you.

Pressurized jets, water whips, water blades, forcing water down an opponent's windpipe, desiccation etc...
They become even more useful if the elements are more metaphorical, in which case you get stuff like the waters of life.

You know how much force a wave can have, right? And that people need air to breathe?

Factually wrong. Industrial diamonds or oxides do the actual cutting. The water is just a highspeed deliver medium and otherwise would do jack shit. Same for cutting steel and any other water based cutting system.

Fucking kek

While true for particularly hard materials like steel and concrete, regular pressurized waterjets would do just fine against things like wood and flesh.

Looks like someone's a little hot-headed. Do you need to step outside and cool off? Is someone not having an ice day?

>Lungs of Drowning Death
>targets lungs fill with water for the duration of the spell. The water is magically replenished if coughed out.
>duration 1 week

That's cruel.

It would do well against flesh only. Wood would absorb it for the most part due to its laminated structure and cell permeability so you'd more or less just be washing away the mushing outer layers till you finally made it through. Plain water just isn't a good cutting or abrasive force. Best bet would be a nice wall moving at speed that way mass and inertia do your work for you.

>Leomund's Waterboard
>water pours from the targets nose in torrents, preventing them from breathing and inducing a sensation of intense panic.

They dont hose people in riots because they smell bad.

>duration 1 week
Seems a little excessive, doesn't it? The longest human record isn't even half an hour. What are you trying to do, drown whales?

There's also the non-trivial observation that the human body is full of water. Banish Water might seem like a weak spell until you realize it's "target humanoid".

If you are going to fuck someone hard you might as well fuck them long as well.

Aren't people like 80% water? Couldn't a Hyromancer just do shenanigans with all the water in your body?

See. Thats an issue. Or shit like expanding or condensing it or just tossing water around while still attached to your cells. None of this folded one thousand times water blade bullshit.

Quite subtle effects could have devastating effects on delicate organs, like brains. Hydromancers could induce lethargy, migraines and even unconsciousness with quite low level spells.

Depends on the

Look at the Avatar series. If it's made primarily of water, you can manipulate it. Ice, juice, plants, people.

>Depends on the
setting*
How did I miss that?

one is cool as fuck, the other is wet behind the ears.

>Otherwise you got a guy freezing the hydrogen in the air/blood and shutting down the sun.
Not necessarily, since he still needs enough power to do that.
Just because someone is a hydromancer, doesn't mean he can control the whole ocean.

Fine. I'd still say its an issue.

Yeah, but who would win in a fight?

youtu.be/XEElB5UTv-4?t=40

I forgot how shitty that movie was...

The same way water damages something. You erode motherfuckers.

Blood Magic is the best Magic. Sangumancy reigns supreme.

Every living creature will do your bidding or you just boil/explode their blood.

Until some fuck with a golem they purchased from Ye Oldde Shoppeing Channel pushes your shit in.

a hydromancer can control blood just like you, and more.

Good day