DM regularly subjects players to quizzettes about ongoing story to make sure they've been paying attention

>DM regularly subjects players to quizzettes about ongoing story to make sure they've been paying attention.
>The outcome of these quizzettes determines how much pizza players are allowed to have.

Do you want to get murdered over pizza? Because that's how you end up murdered over pizza.

If I paid for my za than I'm going to have it. If I contributed for a share of a za I'm going to get my share. If he's fitting the bill then he can play his stupid games and I'll take the quiz to get some free za.

>my players would win my slices of pizza
>they remember more than i do sometimes

I'd get ALL of the pizza.

This.

And if I pay for my pizza and he tries to keep it all pending my successful taking of some quiz, I'm walking, and I'm taking a few slices with me.

Fucking entitled-ass GMs piss me off so much.

We just get bribed with inspiration to write up a journal for each seasion, either a retelling or a bit of character thought process.

True. Maybe the only way for a GM to pull this "good behaviour gets you an IRL prize" would be to hand out gifts like...Idk, truffle chocolate or something, and even then players can choose the "I didn't come here for the prizes" option and be their regular selves.

The best thing a GM could hand out would be a good experience out of having a good damn GM.

So is taking notes considered cheating or...?

>tfw I have a pocket notebook w/ all of my character's stuff, motivations, knowledge, etc written down, so I can scheme between games

>tfw I am down to eat a whole pizza

>They stay engaged
>You get reminded what you're supposed to be following up
>Everybody wins
>Pizza.

I'm, an adult with his own money, I will buy my own goddamn pizza if I want it.

It'd be better if the DM handed extra exp on correct answers, rather than stuff you could buy.
Or if the DM started each session with a summary of last sessions 2bh.

Of all the crimes in the English language calling a pizza "za" is the blackest.

I'm sitting this one out. Using food as a bargaining chip is for 3rd world.

Calling it "pi" would be confusing, both with [pa:j] and [pi:] pronunciation.

As long as it's not dead serious I'd play along.

>za
>used multiple times

You could call it a pie.

That's why you gotta shorten it to pizz

If I heard some say za in reference to pizza I would ban them from my shop.

If I heard someone say za in reference to pizza I would unite Germany, exterminate the Jews and invade France.

You know, doing all of those things might actually be pretty convenient right now.

Just say pizza you silly cunt

Mein Führer!

Isn't it a rad way to refer to pizza?
Gnarly dudes

ZA

The international abbreviation and internet top level domain for South Africa. The "Z" derives from "Zuid-Afrika", which is the Dutch name for the country, as Dutch was (with English) the official language of South Africa until Afrikaans superseded it in the 1920s. (The Afrikaans word is "Suid-Afrika", and .sa would seem far more logical, however, this abbreviation has subsequently been used for Saudi Arabia).

Its pretty schway, desu.

>He doesn't like authentic fresh 'go 'za

Cheese'n'tomato 'za pie.

shut up grandpa
it's 'za now

>quizzettes

What is it like out in Pittsburgh?

If pic is the pizza, I'd be happy with a single slice.

>quizzette
Honestly I preferred Eponine to Quizzette

We eat entire pizzas in the rest of the world, not single slices, and if the players want a pizza they'd better buy it themselves.

Get the fuck out of here, Butcher.

I would legitimately shoot my DM with my lawfully purchased AR-15 derivative if he tried to deny me the Pizza.

Why the fuck are you bringing a rifle to the gaming table?

Do you play BLACK MAGIC D&D where the monsters actually come to life sometimes and you need to shoot them? How many .223 rounds does it take to reliably put down a Beholder?

Those must be tiny pizzas, ours are usually about the size of hubcaps to start.

>Why the fuck are you bringing a rifle to the gaming table?
>he doesn't exercise his God-given right to openly carry a military-grade firearm at all times

What are you, some kinda Eurotrash frog, boy?

If you take your rifles off your gun rack your truck looks less cool. Keep them in the truck.

Bitch don't you call your Norico AR-15 copy "military grade"

Are there any other foods you guys like to have on game night?

Buy extra rifles so you can keep your gun rack stocked AND exercise your 2nd Amendment right at all venues.

Tacos, motherfucker

My bro was over at my place bringing a whole bunch of paintings he's been working on for years that he needs to store in my building out back for a while while he remodels.

He is in the alley trying to back his van close to my building, having to drive over some very tall weeds that i have been too lazy to cut down.

Across the alley are neighbours i was seeing for the first time. I never saw them in the year that i have lived here, so i assumed they were white, but they were mexicans and they were trying to look tough and laugh at my friend as he is driving over this shit.

He gets out finally and i help him unload the van. He carries a revolver at all times (Texas) in a holster that clips on to his belt not quite at his side, but closer to the back. He turns around and looks at them curiously with a cigarette hanging from his mouth and continues to help me with the stuff.

They stop smiling and mill around and go back to their barbecue, and my friend and i talk art for a while there before he leaves.

I've read the book as a kid, over a decade ago.

While watching the movie, I realized I remember most of the story accurately, but all I could recall for Eponine was a vague idea that Thenardiers had biological child.

And I think that's okay. She was meant to be forgettable.

hijacking this thread in to a pizza style debate.

i submit Detroit style.

those afraid of venturing to detroit are but mere lvl 1 townsfolk.

a delicious recipe for anyone to try for your next game night.

>The children are dead at this point.
every time

Sandwich if we're doing dinner.

I did chili and cornbread one night when I was running Deadlands.

Cool story?

Sounds like you missed out on some barbecue.

I'm a deep dish or New York pleb, but I grew up in the mid-Atlantic, so

Every session I ask my players to recap the last one. It helps them remember as they actually have to think about it, it refreshes my memory, and most importantly it shows me what was important to them. If they all say "oh yea and pointless npc told us thing that didn't matter!" then guess what matters now bitches.

I don't think they would have wanted anything to do with me. It's not a friendly neighbourhood, and that was probably their first encounter with me as well. And since they initiated contact by laughing at my friend, that doesn't sit well with me. But i hold them no ill will.

Chicago stuffed. One slice and I'm also stuffed.

You understand that in that story, you're the one who comes off as a criminal, right?

That was just a group of guys laughing at you going bushwacking before seeing a two guys with guns carrying in an assortment of paintings.

They probably thought you were art thieves.

Man you know Mexicans, they just like to party and have a good time. You bring some cheap beer and they'd give you some barbecue and introduce you to the 25 kids running around. They're a pretty chill people. Well only when there are kids/old people around. Otherwise their like any group of 20-30 somethings, could be good could be shitheads.

We had a GM who would make us do this. We always twisted the recap somewhat in out favor. We got away with some brazen stuff such as quadrupling quest rewards.

If a DM tried to make me jump through hoops for pizza, I would walk. Share it with me or don't. Let me chip in and have some or tell me to buy my own. But don't make me take a pop quiz and dangle pizza in front of me as a treat if I do well.

>assuming this shit
Most of the Mexican (and Hispanic in general) people I know are pretty chill but don't lump an entire people together like that.

By what skewed definition is that a fucking pizza?

That is a pie.

Not a pizza pie. That is just a fucking pie.

>Players fill in the holes in your story with grand conspiracies and theories
>Think you're some amazing master of storytelling when in reality you accidentally washed your story notes in with your clothes and playing everything by ear

That's a pue, not a pizza.

>year of the memes
>sharing food

Why a rifle though? Wouldn't that just be a hassle to haul over to your friends house for just a few hour visit?

I'd just bring a pistol and trust my friend to use HIS rifle if things get too hairy

I'm now imagining angry drunk texans robbing an art gallery

Oh i don't carry a gun at all, and i'm friendly and good natured in this guy's presence.

And around here, having a gun isn't too big of a deal. They just probably thought he was edgy, which is kind of true.

Laughing at strangers is just something i have never understood.

It's likely they were laughing at the situation and it wasn't intended to be mean-spirited at all.

That's what i'm going to tell myself. I really need to cut those weeds down. But their body language and tough guy attitude just made it seem unpleasant.

>"Gawdammit Rick, I didn't say get the Monet!"

Well I guess I can say that most people are pretty chill when around children and/or the elderly. But you still ignored my comment about people not around children and/or the elderly. So yes, I will make that assumption.

Thin crust extra sauce extra cheese with dried tomatoes and chicken breast is goddly

chicken on a straight red sauce pizza always seems off to me.

>Cutting pizza into squares

Why? The triangle is perfect.

Makes sense if it's a square pizza.

WHY WOULD YOU PERMIT SUCH HERESY?!

I know I shouldn't because its mass produced and bland but I fucking love costco cheese pizza. I've had plenty of legit deep dish, cheff made, and "real" pizza before but I'd choose ordering 3 huge costco cheese pizzas for $30 any time.

FUCKING ANY TIME.

Because it fits in the dish you have. I make round pizzas on the rare occasion I make one because I bake the crust in my dutch oven which is round. If I didn't have that but just had some casserole dish I would probably make a rectangular pizza.

Pizza has no shape. I guess unless you're from New York where they get anal about some weird things.

I never get Costco cheese pizza. All about the combo. I used to like getting a polish, but now it's just hot dogs or brats around me.

I can't imagine making a square New York style pizza unless you made it on something huge, because the big, floppy slices where the crust is thin-ish but not crispy are a key part of the style of pizza.

It'd be like saying "I don't understand why people in Chicago insist on making thick pizzas."

We had a costco right next to our highschool so a bunch of my friends when we were juniors and seniors would go to costco for wiener wednsday and pizza friday. It would just get swarmed with like 60 highschoolers during lunch.

I'm in the "Fuck the GM camp" have a demonbread

You. It's people like you that make this a world fighting for.

I did some quizzes during our first session, in game, mainly to give the players some history. There were some general dnd questions, like "what is pelor's symbol", but for most of them they had to roll history or guess. They enjoyed it.

I like having the players write a short, bullet-point list of events after the session. Helps me gauge what they found interesting/thought was important. Do so myself when I'm a player.

Then I start the session with a recap.

I concur. Pan style with toppings to the edge, and with enough cheese to make foreign export a crime. I like all pizza except that California bullshit, but Detroit heads the list.

Anyone here dig Columbus style? Cracker crust is bullshit, but it's the pizza of my childhood so it fills a nostalgic niche in my heart.

Whoops, picture got stripped.

>How many times can you microwave a bowl of ramen before it starts questioning its existence?

There is an old saying that "Every nation gets the government it deserves.", and in this case, if the players allow a GM to control access to pizza through quizzery, then they get the GM they deserve, and the NEED HIM to dictate and control and quiz. They CRAVE the structure and order he brings to the game table. When one of them is denied pizza, and is crying over his Dr.Pepper, he secretly loves the GM and what he has made the player into. Indeed, this GM is the Saddam Hussein of Game Night.

Just a random user's impression, but it kind of sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder, bud.

If done fairly and not in a douchey manner, this sounds pretty fun.
On the other hand, I'm also enjoying all the spergs raging about the injustice of it or whatever the fuck and all the 'I'll just buy my own fucking pizza!' tough guys.

...Was this topic not meant to be silly?

How could this be done in a fun way?

Seriously.

>"Keven remembered how many orcs we fought. He gets two slices of pizza. Mike forgot that the magic words required to make Alex's sword start glowing and get +1 vs. Kobolds are 'Cranapple Snapple.' Mike, you get a breadstick. Hope you didn't skip lunch."

>"Look, guys. I've had a busy week. I haven't eaten all day, and I'm not going to be in the mood to play until I get some food in me. I'll just order my own."
>"OOH LOOK AT THE TOUGH GUY, PAYING FOR HIS OWN FOOD."

>"Dude, you missed a session. You have no idea what happened last time. Maybe if you give the DM a blowjob he'll let you lick the grease from the pizza box and then suck on an ice cube."

This is absurd. There is no way this could possibly end well.

Sorry, I failed to notice where it said 'regularly' and that changes things a little, but the whole thing is still very silly to me, and people's outraged responses(hence the tough guy part) are as well.

It's not that your proposed cases don't make sense, it's that they require pretty extreme dickery from people that should be friends, or at least friendly towards one another.

I was thinking more it might be fun to do as surprise sometime. If no one is expecting free pizza(or whatever else), it's a cause for celebration. Adding a little quiz could make it entertaining, provided you make it fun and easy, so everyone can answer a few questions and enjoy. Ask some harder questions once everyone has two or three slices and maybe a couple folks get an extra piece. It doesn't take extreme efforts to have a little fun with it if you're not working from the principle that the DM is a demanding asshole that hates his players.

I maintain this topic was meant to be silly and was probably phrased in a way to bait outrage, but there's a decent idea behind it.

I'm a thin crust man myself, but in general I love all pizza.

That's because pizza is the kind of food item that gets people together. Everyone has a favourite topping or style, you bring a pizza to a group a folks and you've made a few friends out of it. Unless their snooty Californians.

>he didn't casually walk over there and demand to partake of their barbacoa in exchange for not reporting them to the Feds

Downright Un-American!

I want to make love to that pizza

You both need your rifles if you're going to do your part for the militia of your choice in the impending civil war, friend.

>Indeed, this GM is the Saddam Hussein of Game Night.

Which player is the Kurds of Game Night?

>you need to bait your players with pizza to pay attention to you campaign
>you think your campaign is not interesting enough to grab your players attention
It's time to start believing in yourself or give up.