Clothes

What are some valid reasons to allow skimpy outfits, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11262498/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"I want skimpy outfits to be a thing in my game". Boom. Done. Was that so fucking hard?

What would it even look like to not allow it?

>I cut holes in my clothes in... "Strategic" locations
>Your clothes mend before your eyes
>OK I take them off
>SO YOU THOUGHT HAHAHAHA

i'm the kind of person who is a stickler for historically accurate armor, but my thing is more about setting consistency.

if i want to do skimpy outfits i will just run a howardian sword and sorcery setting where everyone is in loin cloths and chainmail bikinis all the time.

but really it's your game so do whatever you want.

Magic protection. CHA bonus. Taunting the enemy.

It's humid and hot as balls in the area.

There's a vampire problem, and showing skin to sunlight helps mitigate paranoia.

Cloth shortage/Tailors on strike.

Dire Moths.

If your character is a harlot.

>oglafcomic.jpg

Magic or some other form of inhuman resistance to the elements. Or a tropical setting.

>Dire Moths.
Dire Moths have devoured every scrap of clothing in the kingdom. Not even armor was safe. Are you a bad enough dude to storm the secret wizard tower of Oilus The Nude and force him to make the moth hordes withdraw?

>Dire Moths.
Stealing this.

Nudist character that finds everything else uncomfortable to wear.
Or just have skimpy clothing. It is so easy that That Guys everywhere do it.

That's not how it works. You have to have a valid reason to disallow something, not the other way around.

Sentient alien clothing bent on devouring the world dominating the entire market.

Photosynthesis.

multiclass harlot just gets boob windows though.

Then just have leaves form clothes.

>not having them eat all but a few strategically placed scraps

Not everyone is a Dryad or planty person.

Because not only is it the middle of the desert, but nobody has enough fabric to cover everything.

Sunburn for everyone!

PCs and people with the potential to be PCs or have character classes or be important are special and follow special rules, mostly in line with 'rule of cool'. Great for capaigns where doing cool things is more important than 'muh realizm!'

But then the players aren't forced to nude-wrestle a skinny old man covered in oil whose knee-length beard is the only thing protecting his modesty.

>Your party is full of thatguys who all share this fetish.

"It looks good" is all the explanation you need, both in and out of setting.

But when they do there's the everpresent danger their boobs will pop out

see pic OP

>See, there is a very good reason my female character dresses like a cheap stripper whose boyfriend is Gropey McScissorhands.
>She breathes through her skin, and anything more modest would suffocate her
>Yes, really, that is the reason, shut up.

So they shot her in the neck, face, limbs after that?

Clothing is toxic.
Literally every material in existence is irritating for the skin.

There's one that got bent near her boobs so it means the effect covers all of her body.

But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Romans with access to wizards.

DECADENCE.

>Really? That's weird, your character sheet says she's human. How come she breathes through her skin?
>She had a magical accident in her past during an assassination attempt that left her body scarred by magical fire, causing her to get infected by a magical virus.

We're playing MAID.

Sounds legit.

I always found obsessing over what clothing and armor actually "looks" like in RPGs is pretty autistic.

These aren't vidya. There is no real art style to TTRPGs outside of what you might find in the book and that's really only a suggestion. There are almost no visual cues in these games and actual appearances are determined by each individual's imagination. If one of my players internally visualizes their character as some babe in a chainmail bikini then that's their prerogative, though I'm certainly not imagining their character in that way.

However, if one of my players gives me a character portrait like OP's pic or worse verbally describes their character like that then I'll probably judge them as a weirdo and continue imagining them in a way consistent with my own tastes.

I can dress skimpy in between adventures, and dress practically when bashing in heads.

I really can't believe Kojima got away with everything he did.

except in that game not wearing your full and proper maid uniform gives penalties to rolls (including to seduction attempts - go figure)

This is a good way to deal with stuff like this.

You get penalties for not wearing the full maid uniform.

Jokes on you
I wear no armor, for magic runes etched into the skin is my armor.
I then disguise myself as a stripper, covering all the possible rune locations, and more

How does Veeky Forums feel about men wearing skimpy outfits? And I don't mean bara barbarians, I mean slut bards.

Follow your heart.

Nothing says that your uniform can't be skimpy.

Also, can someone repost the rule? I accidently deleted them.

>He doesn't want to rail muscular and hyper-manly yet submissive bara-barians
Faggot.

I meant, like, it's not unexpected for a barbarian to wear just pants. But if you were to say to your group, "Hey, I'm going to roleplay as a male bard that wears a crop top and short shorts," you'd get looks, whereas if you said the same thing, but with "a wide-hipped MILF," that's somehow more acceptable.

It's easy. Just say magic.

>The character is magically powerful enough that armor/cloth is useless. Why where platemale when your seemingly soft skin is a thousand times more powerful than diamond anyway?
>Magic armor is just a matter of putting small enchantments on any piece of clothes. A bikini with a magic diamond on it somewhere gives a full body forcefield that's stronger than a thousand sheets of steel armor.

I ain't gay or nothing but I'd fuck that guy's butt

Of you'd try, until he contorts into such a way where his asshole is both inaccessible and on display.

God, that artist is wierd.

I kind of something between over the top bara and the femmy boys everyone keeps posting. I'm fine with that. Either extreme is like, goddamn you are asking for someone to fuck your ass, aren't you?

It's funny how at this point I'm far more accepting of skimpy female armor than I am of men showing even a trace of skin.

>I ain't gay or nothing but I am definitely a fucking faggot.

>vagina pouch

Why?

There's absolutely nothing gay about wanting to fuck tight little boys in the ass.

To hold the spiders in with, duh.

>There's absolutely nothing gay about wanting to do gay things.
Sorry to hear that you're so high on the Kinsey scale.

I like the way you think

Drow, or Conan Barbarian.

That's reason enough.

Jesus fuck

Magic.

You'd think drow would want better clothing for surviving in a cave full of sharp pointy rocks and all sorts of monsters though.

Worshipping the goddess of turbosluts.

Please tell me that's not the actual reason

>tfw we'll never get a game where there's a scantily clad cute boy
It's just not fair, Veeky Forums.

>Expecting logic for hedonistic heathens such as Drow
Drows are literally the bottom of the barrel when it comes to races. Honestly, we should just genocide them.

Nah, Drow women get by with being maximum slut. Im actually about to start DMing for Out of the Abyss. The idea of being captured and sold off as a sex slave to some qt 10/10 Drow Priestess is both parts horrifying and hot to me.

Social signalling. In a D&D-style world, the difference between low level and high level characters is enormous. A high level character can have the AC of a fully armored fighter while appearing virtually naked thanks to magic items and armor and shield spells. Ditto for environment protection.

So very high level characters can dress however they want based on their personal preference. They can dress based purely on the social effect and CHA bonuses a given costume provides.

In a way, being mostly undressed is a way of flaunting your place in the power hierarchy. Much like pale skin being a status symbol because it shows you don't have to do outdoor manual labor. Or like wearing restrictive clothing because it shows that you don't do manual labor, or expensive clothes because it proves that you can afford them. It says, "No, I don't wear armor. No need. Come at me, if you dare." Since armor is uncomfortable to wear in non-combat situations anyway, then that's a bonus, too.

OK so far?

Now, this is how the very top of the social hierarchy behaves. The trend-setters. Now imagine you're a courtier. High-status but middle of the road at best in terms of power level. You want to LOOK powerful. So you emulate the very powerful and what THEY do. You get nekkid to flaunt what power you have. And since usually combat doesn't break out, such dress style won't get you in trouble any more than carrying a dress sword for fashion was likely to get an aristocrat killed in a duel.

So it's defensible as social signaling and as a statement of affiliation with the ruling class.

Obviously, this only applies in D&D-ish settings but that covers quite a bit of fantasy ground.

that's a hell of a lot worse than no explanation at all

Quick, someone post the Revolver Ocelot edit.

You cant slut the Underdark monsters, user. This isn't CoC.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11262498/

What other reason would there be?

All 3D women, if given the opportunity, will become sluts. That's why the only non-sluts in Western societies are ultra-Christians, and even they believe Jesus can't see it if you stick it up the ass.

Women in our civilization dress like sluts, what prevents women in fantasy from doing this? Especially powerful women like wizards? Hell, look at Miley Cyrus: her power (through fame and wealth) drove her to become the most embarassing slut since Paris Hilton (lookie here: another powerful woman) when she used to be a prim and proper Disney girl from the south who read her Bible and loved her Jesus.

tl;dr: A valid reason to dress like a slut is female nature.

To keep her magical essence from leaking out once of a month.

Genius!!

I'll make sure I pass that information onto my players if they try and seduce a Vrok.

Also, any advice on how to make the prison outpost and escape in chapter 1 of OotA more interesting? So far I am just considering on how cruel I am going to make the Drow guards.

this
a million times

Fuck I can't believe I forgot about that

How so?

Half the fun of magic is letting crazy shit exist with a vague but believable explanation.

Magical armor/defense is a pretty decent explanation for why someone could wear stylish, cool looking, or just plain sexy clothes in battle. You don't need spell it out, but when powerful people can have absurdly high base defenses anyway, it's not a huge leap.

I kind of like people getting enchanted tattoos as armor powered by their will idea or is it lame?

Only time I think it's appropriate is when it would effect how npc folk perseve them. Like having a holy symbol stitched to your vest or wearing a funny coloured hat that makes you stand out.

But in slutty sense? If you are playing someone like Sigvald, Conan, Red Sonya, Elvira and so on, just explain it as such.

Boy you dun invented Haplo.

Wat.

I have the weirdest ladyboner now.

I'd be more fine with Quiet's design if she didn't have torn stockings for like no reason.

And there was more options for dressing her up.

... I'll accept covered in blood-Chan because Snake gets that outfit, but I don't want sliver and gold plated Quiet.

Skimpy outfits are OBJECTIVELY shit taste.
>b-but muh natural beauty!
Shut up, faglord.
Cast away the clothing, and what do you have? Nothing! Humanity is nothing more than pigs in humans' clothing.
Dress sharp and dress cool, dress smart and dress cute, but most importantly - dress as a Man would.
I am the son of God, and I wear my mark of sin proudly, like a banner. It is clothes define me as a man, different from a beast or an angel, for one doesn't know how to make clothes and the other doesn't feel the need to wear them.
Clothes protected us in the our of need, and clothes were used to distinguish those who were more talented, more rich, more prestigious.
It is the original sin of clothes that defines us as human, it is clothing that made God cast us out from Eden.

>Humanity is nothing more than pigs in humans' clothing
Satsuki-sama, go home. You're drunk.

Cuz power armor is for pussies

>puts a hyper-christian angle on it
I feel deeply disappointed knowing that your primitive cult will not die out in my lifetime.

You don't need armor if you have shitton of DEX.

Not every setting is Dark Souls

This is more or less the answer.

But if you want a REASON, humans have natural magical barriers/protective auras so plate armor and bare skin are equally unimportant compared to the barrier's strength, and people get hot and uncomfortable in heavy armor so wearing something light and breezy is preferable.

I mean your picture just begs the question of why anybody would stay in the Underdark.
I mean servants of the spider mega bitch sure, but there is nothing from men in the Underdark.

There's tons of various murder beasts between Underdark and surface. Does that answer your question?

I feel like I've seen this before, but I can't remember.

Sauce?

>"I have had enough of this, cousin Balok. I am braving the murder-beasts to get to sunlit lands."
>"You mustn't, cousin Istas! No peace in the afterlife! Just even more spider!"

Magical wards are just that good these days that armor is pointless. The most you'll see someone do is wear a single piece of metal armor that's soaked in magic to the point where they might as well be wearing sci fi bubble shields.
And with no real reason not to, people who got it, flaunt it. People who dont got it.. wear t-shirts I guess.

For whatever reason I now can't help but imagine a character with God-like armour and wards wear a t-shirt because somebody in the last tavern they visited said they look fat.
Why?

Fuck, I love Urotsukidoji.

Are you wearing 3 fedoras stacked on top of each other?