What does your Character do in a Hostage Situation?

What does your Character do in a Hostage Situation?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0120157/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Shoot, our cleric has the resurrection spell.

Generally what ends up happening is there is a bunch of dead officers and a riddled hostage.

In what capacity? Am I taking hostages? Am I a hostage? Trying to get the hostages released?

In all Scenarios.

Arnthorr Erikson will ask the party ranger, Jacques, to take the shot he'd trust no one else to make.

Masturbate. It turns them on and creeps everyone else out enough to diffuse the situation

Sneak around or mindbreak people. Possibly both.

Even if it's the character themselves taken hostage?

I don't let a hostage stop me. If they take a hostage, then that means they know they can't manage without one. If there are multiple hostages, then I'll pause, but if it's one I'll gladly push their shit in.

DO IT AND I'LL SHOOT MY FRIEND

sauce?

Oh yeah. God that gets them hot and bothered

He makes unreasonable wierd demands that people are willing to go through in a fit of confusion.

Shadowrun Mage specialized in Manipulation/Illusion
>Control Thoughts
>Make him release the hostage and cuff himself

Soldier.
imdb.com/title/tt0120157/

It's a Bladerunner spin-off.

Fuck you.

I run away.

Have more bodybags than there is hostages and hostage takers combined. Doubled if bystanders are muslims.

I am playing former Serbian SF member If you are asking.

Try to alpha-strike the baddie into oblivion anyway - the good done by removing them from the living world far outweighs the potential evil of the hostage dying.

Of course, that's assuming the hostage is a regular peasant/civilian. My character is a snob - they'd go to greater lengths to save somebody notable.

>Doubled if bystanders are muslims.

Try and negotiate.

If that fails try to take the hostage takers out quietly. Alive if possible.

If it all goes tits up and the hostage is kill then we hunt down the hostage takers. To act as a deterrent to anyone doing this shit again they will spend weeks dying and we make sure that people know this.

If near the Doom Fort (we let the elf name it) we chuck them in the oubliette and forget about them. It is said that Hell is other people. After a few years in there in utter isolation it becomes apparent that this is not true.

Bad experiences?

*muffled low quality accordion music in the distance*

Best operator.

Free weekend was hell.

Are you kidding me? Wrecking endless hordes of Recruits was great. They brainlessly step into Kapkan traps and have no idea how to fight Montagine A team mate of mine just stood there tanking up bullets until the recruit just gave up and got punched in the face And it was funny reading the chat where CoD kids complained about the respawn time and that they were glad they didn't buy the game. Only regrettable thing was that loading times were pretty long

Shoot through the hostage for maximum edge.

Too many variables to account for in such a general question to give you a proper answer.

If we're talking about the situation in your picture however, I'd get starting on the mint sauce.

I will admit, I did have some fun. I was playing Glaz on presidential plane. I shot someone through the window and put him into Down But Not Out. Then two more recruit lemmings came over to revive him and they both got put down.

My buddy ended up getting three easy kills as they were all just bleeding out in a big clump.

All of them. Simultaneously.

Let me greentext my greatest achievement.

>Our motley crew was Serbian SF, British Ultra Getaway driver, German Tech guy and Italian Womanizer
>We were to steal 10 million euros worth of expensive jewels
>Jewels were just outside of Sarajevo in old castle/mansion
>Big ass party is going to be thrown same time as we have to steal the jewels
>We needed a diversion to cause maximum chaos
>We hatched a plan to get local bank robbers to rob a bank same time to get police there.
>Plan was go

>Me and Britbong were to play "fixers" for the local crew
>We got them all the necessary gear and equipment
>They were ready
>Italian got himself in to the party through seduction.
>German was ready to cause whole city to lose electricity for our chance to get the jewels from the castle/mansion
>Surprisingly my gun toting Serb didn't get no other task in robbery itself as it was get in, get out type mission
>It didn't stop me

>Using my contacts I arranged myself necessary equipment and materials for proper diversion
>Others were somewhat worried after I asked Britbong to steal me a concrete mixer
Serb hit the remote switch and the concrete truck exploded

cont

>I asked Britbong to steal me a concrete mixer
Go on...

>7 tons of former military explosives blasted the whole block into pieces
>Explosion was heard 50 miles away
>Our heist team quickly realized that now it is the time
>They cut the power, went in and stole the jewels. Job well done

>Serb just calmly walk away from the nearby area, jumped into our getaway van and drove to meet rest of us
>Surprisingly they weren't happy, but we got the jewels we were after
>Successful heist was celebrated by BBQ and beer

>Over half of the Sarajevos police force were casualties and chaos was huge.
>According to GM approx 300 died from the blast and over 1000 got wounded
>For reference Oklahoma City Bombing used 1/3rd of explosives I used
>Explosion bite us back later, but there is nothing couple RPO-A Shmels can't handle

God I love Ops and Tactics and our GM for allowing these shenanigans

Either send the rogue in to release the hostages or send out a list of demands, chances are thexpected latter

Is the hostage someone I need information from about the missing artifacts? Then I'll do anything the hostage taker needs me to do, they can get away completely free if they want.

Is the hostage taker someone that has stolen/has info on where I can find the Artifacts? No mortal is worth displeasing the Goddess, I'll do what I need to get my quarry, bystanders be damned.

>Ops and Tactics
I'll have to check that out.

is the goat okay

No.

he looks completely hopeless like some ISIS victim like he knows it's all about to be over, even though that's probably just his normal face and he has no idea what's going on

First character: Anima Warlock.
>Taker
He's not actually there, that's just a Homunculus that looks like him.
>Taken
see "taker."
>Negotiator
Peaceful approach, but if things get messy, he's giving each hostage monster powers so they can take down their captors.

Second Character, space homebrew mechanic
>Taker
Explosives, a shotgun that loads soda can-sized cartridges, and a jet-powered getaway bike.
>Taken.
more explosives than taker, otherwise same.
>Negotiator
disregard everything, use explosives. Unless hostage is the owner of the ship he's currently aboard. then realization of free ship hits him, and he and the rest of the crew bail on the dude.

Make a sudden move

>Russian flag

I dont play what ever game this is but Russians and hostage dont mix

>Taking hostages?
Use a combination of Mastery of the Mortal Shell and Dominate to seize control of the hapless victim or victims

>Is he a hostage?
Go into a Fugue state and repeat the Oath to House and Clan Tremere in Yucatec Mayan over and over.

>Trying to get the hostages released?
Use a combination of Mastery of the Mortal Shell and Shotgun to seize control of the hapless victim or victims. If situation gets too stressful, see answer to number two.

Now see, this is what we call a 'Target Rich Environment'

Flip power drain to max, deploy all additional synth limbs, set weapons to full automatic, and then dance to a tune that only he can hear.

Battery life of about seven minutes, costing $210,000. 17,920 rounds of ammunition, $90,000. Collateral damage to surrounding structures and objects, $500,000+. The wisdom to not let the living weapons platform with an itchy trigger finger, the moral sense of an angry hornet, and no ability to make smart decisions under pressure? Priceless.

Potentially next time command will remember why they explicitly forbade the team to even set foot in major population centres.

Keep talking?

Fascinate-type ability based on speech and mind control on fascinated targets works wonders.

Seduce everyone involved.

>'Target Rich Environment'

still silence baleful transposition.

It's come up in game, and I took one of those feats in part so I could get out of hostage situations.

>As a hostage
Eject-From and self-destruct his armor. Yes, it was just chainmail, why wouldn't he set up such a systemon there?

>Hostage-Taker
Hostages use up one's hands or available weapons. Taking them is stupid. It's all nonlethal if they can resurrect them anyways. The uh, focus on efficiency is rather what keeps his alignment from ever reaching "good", despite how he acts outside of hostile situations.

>Against hostage-takers
vehicular main-guns

As much as we all love the ebin 42 terrorists, 129 hostages; 171 bodybags memes, it felt so damn good to rescue the whole thorian colony without killing a single host on insanity, hell, on first try even.

Flap about in a panic.

I have no idea why I haven't made a coward character before, it's so much fun.

No survivors

Try Night's Black Agents sometime.

But was getting captured part of your plan?

"take em' down, I have Revivify and enough diamonds for all the hostages"

>Time Stop

Stay calmly and wait to be rescued. Look for any opportunity that may be seized to assist a rescue attempt, but survival and safety come first and such things should only be tried if you're reasonably sure they won't be detected. Do not attempt to escape unless it is very likely to succeed or the circumstances change drastically (such as if you come to believe this hostage situation will end with an execution).

Rainbow 6 seige

His special ability is he shoots a cluster of mini grenades through a wall and he's notorious for killing hostages

Sheesh, what game is this?

Short version: In order to prove a point, I order the mass execution of helpless 500 hostages/POWs on live broadcast for the whole Galaxy Far Far Away to see.

Long version, screencap to the left.

Kill himself.
It's *exactly* what the hostage taker wouldn't expect.

Demand a ransom.

Thank goodness for melee and stun (or was it gas?) grenades. Non-lethal options!

Whatever you do NEVER SURRENDER YOUR WEAPON. A dead hostage is better than a dead hostage+a dead policeman+free criminal.

Pray. That's what my character always does.

When negotiating a hostage situation you should kill the hostages, that way the criminals have no more leverage to bargain with.

Kill them all. I don't need hostages to protect me, and any weaklings the enemy took deserve this fate.

Disregard hostages, kill hostage takers.

Shoot the hostage.

>attempt to fast-talk their way out
>fail
>prepare a scape route and wait for reinforcements

CHARGE