MTG Standard General

Quell yourself edition

So one of my friends wanted to get into MTG, and since me and a few buddies are generally standard players we were going to brew him something from the newer sets.

So this guy starts throwing commons and shit in a pile and im like thats not gonna be fun to play at all. Its about as boring as an intro deck, just plopping down low power creature. Then I thought why not brew some "competitive" intro deck? Something that features many card types, keywords, and interactions to get them used to the game? So I made this.

It actually turned out pretty sweet. He learned a lot very quickly as well. At this point though I am just wondering if there is any obvious mistakes with the list or if it can be refined? Cause he enjoys the deck a lot and I might end up just giving it to him as a jumping off point. Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sweden-yes/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-08-16-mono-blue-brain/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bg-delirium-company/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/9-mono-blue-eldrazi/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-08-16-the-mystery-machine/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-hanweir-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/stuffaluffagus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Made this deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sweden-yes/

Looks pretty good?

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sweden-yes/

lilianas elite is actually pretty sweet, never noticed it.

Looks cute. You really don't have any discard outlets for the Pariah though, so she's not as synergistic as one'd wish her to be. Still, she's a cool card and this looks fun. Maybe he can even win a game or two at FNM against some shitty madness or emerge list.

I thought the same thing about discard outlets, not sure where to go with that.

thinking pic related?

Too much of the deck is 3-4 drops, you're not going to get stuff on the tabke early game. A decent human is Thalia's Lieutenant, currently a low value rare but solid with all the human creatures in there. Use these in place of the huge vampire, you'll probably lose games before you get any use from it.

I need help. It's pretty consistent, but I feel the Wincon of "slam with bodies" might not be enough. It's so far pretty good at keeping the board clean, though. Problem: ganes tend to be close, down to 5ish life in most cases. I want another thought- knot seer, but dunno what to take out for it.

Trade, sell, puca, trade-in, or keep?

I pulled three and a foil

waiting for some shithead like jeff hoogs to make some modern deck with it then sell it off

I mean do you have cards that can sack lands?

Put it in the sideboard i guess

spooked waiting for sideboard cards

Build a Budget Deck for me to bring to gameday!
Make it Janky and Flavorfull, doesn't matter if it is any good at all or if im loosing every match with it, as long as its fun to play with.

Any tips on upgrading this deck. In casual matches on MTGO I went 9-2 when playing it. I feel like I'm missing something.

maybe him?

Brought this to monday night magic for the first time yesterday.

Lost 1-2 to b/w midrange

won 2-1 to bant coco

lost 1-2 to sultai control

and won 2-1 against devils goggles.

Anyone have any suggestions for FNM? i was thinking about swapping the exquisite firecrafts for draconic roars.

Falkenreath Gorger, Olivia, and Drana. Any of those would instantly improve your deck. Drop the Pariahs. All of them.

Why the fuck would you ever SIDEBOARD Ob over a fucking Pariah?

So I drop the Pariahs for 3 Falkenreath Gorgers. I have 2 Olivias already, should I get 2 Dranas and drop the Haunted Deads?

Which is better to open; A foil rare or a mythic?
Which is rarer; a Foil rare or a mythic?

Can I get some help on my standard deck. Looking for some suggestions on improving for FNM and cutting the deck down to 60 cards.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-08-16-mono-blue-brain/

It's better to open a mythic than a foil rare because mythics most often have a majority of the value.
Foil rares are rarer than mythics. You get one foil anything every 8 boosters and 1 mythic every 8 boosters. There's like a 1/14 chance your foil is on a rare slot instead of the 3/14 chance for an uncommon rare and the 5/7 chance for a foil common.

I'd drop the Incendiary Flow for Draconic Roar personally, 4 damage is nothing to scoff at in one card. With Incendiary you would stay on the same mana curve (which looks decent as is).

It varies. If I opened a Tree of Perdition I'd not be too thrilled. On the other hand, if I opened a Foil Spell Queller I would be ecstatic. Depends on the Value of the card, there are junk mythics and junk rares. Sometimes a foil of 1 is not worth the value of the other.

Foil selfless spirit versus foil noosegraf mob versus Emrakul versus spidey.

>sign up on puca
>200 points
>put commons not really understanding the system until it's too late
>all my points deducted for a shipment of a shitload of commons
Well, I got about $2.50 of cards for free, so that's something.

Are you blind? Or just decided to not read?
>Depends on the value of the card, there are junk mythics and junk rares.

Olivia's dragoon could replace the skeletons and is a common. It could help madness out the pariah on curve. Caves of koilos, shambling vents and forsaken sanctuaries could help with the mana.

Come to think of it Ayli could be fun in that list.

Still need some help, if anyone is willing. Not sure what to cut.

Check up on Travis Woo's Channel, he already broke it. Dredge shell running 28 lands with this and valakut as the wincon.

Furyblade Vampire and Olivia's Dragoon

so if I want to buy the singles that I need to finish up a few of my decks what site should I use to buy them?

>I feel like I'm missing something.
mountains

Play this instead

I'm not off till morning but if your still interested I'm gonna brew a GB emerge list for you.

I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks.

Yeah I probably should have explained my reasoning.

I think vampires and madness in general lend themselves to a faster deck, with a lower curve and emphasis on creatures. I've tried Midrange vampires and they always have muddy draws and never really come together too well.

Theres that Japanese pariah deck I urge you to try if your interested in Midrange but it's mono black and pretty linear.

What do you run in your sideboard?

Post board you kind of want to just bring in cards that help against local meta issues. You honestly want to stay fast so dropping some 1 drops for collected defiance isn't super optimal.

I'm not concrete on a side but I'll look into posting a balanced one when I can.

I only play online. So I need something for Bant and all the other shit in the Meta

Thoughts on GB Seasons Past? List that took 8th @Columbus is interesting.

SPICY MEME TECH

BUY UP NOW GOYS

Ooh not bad desu, but what are the land sac cards this rotation?

I've played Seasons past before and it's very strong. Once you revolve your first Seasons past if your opponent isn't winning the next turn they usually scoop because you'll basically just run them into the ground

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bg-delirium-company/

what does Veeky Forums think about this pile i made

>want to buy new-lili to brew some spicy grixis memes with
>speculators has already decided she is worth 40 dollars because she's liliana :^)

I want to get off the secondary market ride

Wait. You don't even HAVE hanweir battlements yet you're running 4x garrison?

I mean, Gitrog has sac, but I run a Reclamation deck and if I were to run red, I'd go for discard. Molten Vortex comes to mind, as does shit like Tormenting Voice.

Why not distended mindbender?

Yeah i think that would be another good threat against the other midrange decks. Thanks for the suggestion

Yeah. It's just a. Haste giving land most of the time but it does give you a major combat threat if transformed.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/9-mono-blue-eldrazi/

I just saw this shit. Would this win any FNMs at all? I like the way it feels in the playtester.

>24 creatures in a deck supposed to have diverse card-types

>No deep-fried

>$9 cost
Would deep-fried add that much to this deck?

I'd make it more fun

Don't forget to be jank with deathbreathing until you get there

I'm all for that, so what is it a 4x in the sense that you'd essentially always mid-lategame boardwipe them with it?

bringing this budget list to FNM, thoughts?
couldn't afford any planeswalkers

landbase here

Sure thing, brew whatever deck you like

i like it, the big problem is waiting like this

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-08-16-the-mystery-machine/
I fuckin got you m8. I hope you like investigating, and soldier tokens because that's basically all this deck does.

i played against a tight version of this deck yesterday on xmage, it had some other elf mana dorks but was pretty much the same. seems like a v fun list to play

wait why yavimaya and koilos

Tap for both and one colour I presume

My problem is not having enough cards that people actively want, so I don't think I can offset the cost of shipping enough to make it worth it. For example, if I spent 2.50 or 3.99 shipping 150 points of cards, I've lost a dollar or two without gaining anything.

shipping cards is not that expensive, it's like 49 cents for one stamp
oh right on

Sweet deck, will definitly consider playing. thanks dude.

Seems slow desu, what's the ideal opening hand?

What about toploaders and shipping internationally?

i just made the initial investment of 2.50 work of toploaders and because my output is the same as input i net even
and i don't bother shipping internationally

Hmm. Probably 3 land, an erdwal, a magnifying glass, a weirding wood, and an ongoing investigation/ulvenwald mysteries. You need an absurd amount of mana to get anything done with this deck, so it's best to get ramping early.

Went 1-3 last night with this. A lot of it had to do with bad draws. Could use some advice to make this better. I just want to beat bant with flavor at gameday ;__;

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-hanweir-1/

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-hanweir-1/
this is so slow dude

yea, so what should I change then?

i would drop emrakul, ulamog and nahiri (sorry flavor) and probably extricator and just lean more aggro with like lightning beserker or removal
getting your hanweir garrison out and turned sideways is the big key.
i know no bueno for flavor but dark dwellers or reckless bushwacker

that all makes sense, but the flavor ;_____;. I may have to do that to make it viable though

It isn't Standard, but I didn't see anywhere to post Vintage or Legacy
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/stuffaluffagus/

Fucked around with this a bit in Forge to great success. Played a bit of kitchen counter to great success too but haven't taken this to FNM or anything yet. As a result of going on a MTG hiatus, I'm not too familiar with any cards past RTR. Anything from the past 4 years that would suit this deck well?

Arcbond?

Not even kind of a real deck in either of those formats. Casual decks do not go here.

Yo Standard dudes, I haven't played this game in years:

But I am going to a draft tonight. You just buy any three packs you want and play with them, but the store only has stuff from the last couple of sets.

Which recent set should I draft with (assuming everybody else is doing Eldritch Moon/SOI) to either fuck with everybody or open the bombest of bombs?
Is there a recent set with a high limited power level?

>You just buy any three packs you want and play with them
are you sure?
this sounds like a nightmare

It's been a while, but that is how that shop did it last time I drafted there.

>draft
Don't draft. It's a waste of money to have all your non-color correct rares get stolen by the guy sitting next to you and leaving with a feeling of utter defeat if you lose.

I'm very good at limited and we are rare redrafting so I'm not worried about that.
Also I don't play this game anymore, I just want a quick fix.

Also "don't draft" sounds like terrible advice to anyone. Drafting is fun and far better than just cracking packs (hell, take those off colour rares for value if you really care).

>rare redrafting
So winner picks up the best mythic pulled and everyone at the lower 5 get 30ยข bulk rares? Seems fair *sarcasm*

It's definitely not fair and I wouldn't recommend new players go to drafts that do rare redrafts.

But I usually place well so it just works to my benefit.

I don't know who I would drop for it, but I have a couple and it looks like it would make a good choice. Especially if I sac a matter reshaper to it. Thank you.
Though, again, any idea what to drop for it? Probably the sower or broodies?

Should I go RUG with madness and Eldrazi ramp or BUG with delirium and Eldrazi ramp?

U/W/G spirit tokens

>spirit tokens
tokens?

Just splash blue for spell queller and a couple unsubstantiates.

How's Bant Company is it worth getting?

I would honestly purchase as many collected companies as I could right now

I only see their price going up

definitely worth getting

Get it before it rotates out.

is it rotating out soon?

Is it played in modern? If no, don't bother.

what? what deck is played in modern?

Once DESIGNATED comes out, everything before Shadows is rotating out.

yeah it's got a lot of cards that are rotating out soon what do you recommend if price isn't a concern?