Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Updates Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sHda5hTD
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
discord.gg/FsuCpTJ
titanpad.com/AMGCupdate1-14
titanpad.com/AMGCperkRebalance
titanpad.com/MonGPerkChanges
titanpad.com/MonGPerkTierList
titanpad.com/YPpYDhIZ5Z
titanpad.com/F4O4bSRc56
titanpad.com/uSMzK1JEpb
titanpad.com/AMGCbestiary
titanpad.com/mgcyoaIRCsetting
titanpad.com/CritterGirls
titanpad.com/TheBeacon
pastebin.com/cgBTdu35
pastebin.com/28c3gbnH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.131, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

AMGC 1.131 CHANGELOG: pastebin.com/sHda5hTD

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

Said Add-Ons also linked here for further convenience.

Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

Fusion, for magical girls that [insert euphemism of choice here].
[Insert meta-euphemism about inserting things here.]

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

Those are just AMGC 1.10-1.12, they don't include Corruption or Puchuu ODGs.

Presenting a new land of unity, one where people can play AMGC, SCS or MGX, and not be discriminated. The Discord Server of... MGCYOA! discord.gg/FsuCpTJ
Don't stop, don't cry, everything's gonna be alright!

There will not be censorship, hate based on different opinions, and no unfair moderation unlike the predecessor of IRC. No more silencing or being dragged through the mud by those who unfairly abused their power. No more farming IPs illegally in attempts to blackmail players. No more living in fear of a joke of a biased moderation team!
Drama will be cut down before it starts!

Join us now!

What do weapons say about a magical girl's personality? Ranged weapons, swords, polearms, etc etc?

A list of titanpads related to ongoing AMGC discussion:

titanpad.com/AMGCupdate1-14

titanpad.com/AMGCperkRebalance
titanpad.com/MonGPerkChanges
titanpad.com/MonGPerkTierList

Tuner Replacement:
titanpad.com/YPpYDhIZ5Z
titanpad.com/F4O4bSRc56 (ctrl+f literally autism)
titanpad.com/uSMzK1JEpb

titanpad.com/AMGCbestiary
titanpad.com/mgcyoaIRCsetting
titanpad.com/CritterGirls
titanpad.com/TheBeacon

sounds like some of the pitches i've heard for communism

do you starve ukrainians there?

DSD, you can't claim to be making a totally-real and populated RP server (that's totally better than the IRC and definitely exists as a thing!) that promotes "unity" in one sentence and then type paragraph after paragraph of hateful lies in the next.

Well, you can, but it makes your promises (or are those accusations) come over as decidedly petty and dishonest.

Flamy made the server, NOT DarkSun.
Believe it or not, not everyone is as enamored with the liars who tried to control the community as you are, Tangent.

Uh huh. You'll excuse me if I don't take your word at face value on anything.

DSD is not the only person who posts SCS stuff. I have an a couple occasions just because they've been being left out. I have the SCS stuff saved on my computer, even if I don't have any real intention on using it ever. But to leave out a viable option for people who may want it? Why not just start telling people that they can't watch a show because the creator is an asshole. Or not to buy a game because the guy in charge of the script is sexist.

If the game is good, you'll play it. If it isn't your cup of tea, you'll leave it be. No need to stoop to the levels that you claim he is at.

Why don't you check out the server and actually find out? Go on, ask 'im.

His shilling a RP server in his latest cry for attention isn't the issue. His latest bout of rampant lying about facts is.

If he had a shred of integrity, he'd have just linked the server and tried to build his own Original Community Do Not Steal on its own merits without spreading lies about the competition, yet again. But then he wouldn't have been DSD in the first place, and wouldn't have been the only person to ever be permabanned from IRC.

he used to threaten legal action against people posting and using his system without his permission. so...

Rolled 15, 15, 12, 19, 2, 11, 14, 8, 19, 5, 17, 1 = 138 (12d20)

What a shit way to open a thread. D&C is a cheap tactic. Why shitpost on a a thread after being banned?

Pic related on why I'm not DSD.

It's an option for people who don't want to be under the thumb of people who stole channel moderation status. Why advertise it as anything other than what it is?

#ThingsThatHappened

Anyway, anyone got suggestions for this?

Rolled 8, 15, 14, 5, 13, 4, 1, 15, 6, 12, 13, 1 = 107 (12d20)

What a lovely alternative. Why, I'm sure if I were to saunter on over there and make a negative comment about THAT place's mods, there would be NO negative repercussions, right? Because that's a bastion of open discussion.

Rolled 18, 9, 19, 3, 16, 13, 8, 15, 15, 2, 19, 6 = 143 (12d20)

Only the vocal proponents who bullied and harassed their way into forcing AMGC to be the ONLY system will be excluded. For everyone's benefit, obviously.
Tian, Ai-n, Sahara, Lily and Tangent... this means you.

Why don't you try and find out instead of just spouting shit assumptions?

here

>wild accusations about the old regime
>revolutionary language fueled only by anger
Yeah, you're just like the Bolsheviks.

Money or Skeleton Key as better perk?

Sword-wielders often tend to be traditionally heroic, or so they'd at least like to think. They're also more impulsive and prone to rushing into things without planning. Unlike many wartime weapons, a sword is almost exclusively a tool for battle and characters who wield one generally tend to emphasize offense over other aspects of combat.

Knives, thrown or otherwise, are more associated with trickery and guile. Due to the weapon's associations with stealth, a knife-wielder might be the quiet sort who would rather be beneath notice, at least until the time is right. It could also be more of a weapon of last resort, used by a character who really doesn't want to fight, but must. Of course, on the darker side of things, knife-wielding antagonists tend to be among the most cruel and ruthless.

Polearms are pretty variable in what they say about a character, so it probably comes down to the type of polearm and the character's fighting style. For some, it might be representative of the emotional distance they feel toward or try to stay from others. Others are flashy braggarts who enjoy the rush of battle and the range of combat options a polearm provides.

The naginata in particular is noteworthy as one of the traditional weapons of Japanese noblewomen. As such, it's likely to be favored by more mature and experienced characters, as well as by would-be perfectionists or others who aspire to similar ideals.

Skeleton key

What if I mention that the girl's a metal girl named Penny, making for a bad pun?

Cool, thanks! More of this stuff'd definitely help but you've given me something to think about.

Rolled 5, 12, 15, 7, 16, 8, 7, 15, 1, 19, 6, 3 = 114 (12d20)

What about girls who use wands?

however

some guys don't appreciate people who make places toxic

Okay Question if I take the Ebon Mint and Diety I get the option for two additional drawbacks from the Deity package right?

Exactly. The AMGCrew ruined the atmosphere of the IRC. Their unchecked toxicity has led to the creation of a better place, so that's one thing they contributed

Ha

Monster Girls unite, and join our Revolution!

Read our poetic Manifesto: pastebin.com/cgBTdu35

We're changing the way we fight the magical girl menace!

Hmm, what else...
Shields, whether alone or paired with a more proper weapon, are (of course) defensive in their purpose, indicating a character has something to protect. Paired with a sword, a shield is most often knightly in nature, be it the zealous crusader or the defender of the weak. If not one of those, character who uses a shield along with a weapon might be the self-sufficient type who is at least level-headed enough to grasp the importance of tactics.

A larger, solitary shield, however, might be indicative of cowardice, fear for one's person, or shyness in the sense that the shield is akin to the "shell" a character hides away in. Alternately, it could emphasize a wholehearted dedication to pacifism and/or protecting others at the expense of oneself.

Axes are perhaps the most commonly aggressive melee weapon type in fiction. Even if not a berserker type, an axe wielder is still more likely to enjoy battle more than most characters. Win or lose, it's the character with an axe that's most likely to be smiling at the end of a battle. Axes do not seem to be especially common as weapons for magical girls, perhaps because they aren't seen as suitably heroic, nor especially feminine. As such a magical girl who wields one might be a more tomboyish sort or find herself embarrassed by her weapon, overtly or secretly. Alternately, she might be the character who seems nice and harmless at first, but can freely shift to intimidation, perhaps without even having to change her expression.

>The unchecked hostility of people no longer around has prompted the creation of a new channel.
This is absurd. The channel exists for DSD to be in.

Hammers and other blunt, club-like weapons have some qualities in common with axes, but are generally seen as the least refined and least requiring finesse. Much like their weapons, these characters are often blunt and brash, but not necessarily dull or slow of wit. Rather, they're often straightforward and honest, tending to honor their commitments and promises. This might extend to being an honorable warrior type, in which case the character likely has a fighting style with more to it than basic smashing.
When it can't be attributed to inexperience or a primal mindset, a basic, almost wholly unrefined fighting style might instead be a hallmark of apathy or laziness. A magical girl who sees her duties as an unwelcome burden that constantly interrupts her life is likely to spend little time training. After all, if she can just smash her enemies flat and carry on with her day, then who needs technique? Such a character is either going to be a comedy protagonist or she'll be in for a harsh reality check when something actually threatening comes along.

A more Mystic Weapon-oriented post should be next on my list.

Why isn't he allowed in the regular channels?
Oh right. AMGCunts banned him going against their OWN RULES to do so, ILLEGALLY stole private information to prosecute him, and gave their buttmonkey Wander control over the rest of the community. Who followed their lead instead of being FAIR.
Keep drinking their piss, you idiot. The independent thinkers will be in Discord.

The independent thinkers expect intellectual honesty, not pretense that the channel was created out of higher principles. Your insults are noted though, you toxic trash.

The only problem I see is that some MGs aren;t inclined to work with anyone at all.

Nope. Your Patron is the Mint. So you get no bonus drawbacks as per the chart on page 1. It's benefit lets you take the base package of one of the other patrons, but only the base package.

So is this magical girls or magical bitching? Cause all I'm seeing is bitching. Is this what the IRC is like?

The new server is founded on higher standards and will offer a fresh start to many seeking asylum from the previous tyrants.
I hope for your own sake you realize how disgusting the practices of the previous and current moderation team are.

Newfag here.

IRC has drama every once in awhile, but it's not bad. I've been in communities far worse before.

This has been a welcoming place to me, and I'm glad I came. Hope you join us soon, I wanna meet more new people!

Nah, IRC isn't a shitfest like recent threads so often are. Only a handful of IRC-goers really check the threads with anything approaching regularity, as most would rather be RPing or conversing than wading through
...this.

The IRC is terrible and run by elitist cunts who will ban you and badmouth you the moment you say something they don't agree with.
Join instead!

Yeah with a recruitment message that slanders one side. Sure makes me want to join the discord server.
Should try without the slander.

There is drama on the IRC at times, but it's not like the thread which is toxic as hell. I would just ignore the thread but it's genuinely useful for announcing something to the general IRC population when you can't be on for every time zone day after day.

Ya'll need to shut the fug up and accept Madokami into your lives, and (mostly) roleplay as little girls with magical powers. In either traditional or suffering mode, or something in-between.

The other side is on the record for comitting crimes. Anyone new to the community deserves to know that information was illegally stolen. Aditionally they've plagiarized content from multiple sources.
Do yourself a favor. You can go into the IRC if you want, but be prepared for the corrupt environment.
OR you could join the Discord and have fun with people who aren't criminals.

Easy prey, then

DSD, can you just put on a trip so I can filter you already?

writefaggotry because i feel like shit and wanted my characters to meet

pastebin.com/28c3gbnH

ah, fuck, i messed up a minor detail. 'swhat i get not "poofreading" before i post things

calling bs on that statement

he just said like a few things day he dropped in and left

Cool, been too long since we've had story writing! I'll give it a read through and feedback if you want later?

Flamy is like 15 and pretty impressionable. So honestly I'm not surprised of any of this.

Did weapon analysis guy say if he'd do other types

that'd be nice. been too long since i actually wrote anything.

Rolled 11, 14, 7, 9, 8, 3, 20, 18, 5, 11, 13, 9 = 128 (12d20)

Rolled 1, 4, 2, 2, 9, 1, 3, 4, 8, 6, 1, 10 = 51 (12d10)

Rolled 12, 4, 13, 4, 7, 6, 12, 16, 15, 7, 14, 3, 8, 15, 20, 20, 13, 5, 11, 4, 4, 15, 4, 2, 8 = 242 (25d20)

Bored, let's make a random character!

Extra dice used in order of occurrence

Rolled 12, 16, 2, 2, 8, 8, 6, 19, 14, 6, 15, 2 = 110 (12d20)

Rolled 20, 13, 6, 5, 19, 14, 19, 3, 19, 9, 14, 13 = 154 (12d20)

Has your girl ever gone on a quest purely for vengeance? Why? Was she successful?

Yes. Because it hurt her best friend, badly, and because it was a deathtrap that had tortured who knew how many people.

...For a given value of successful.

Rolled 9, 8, 3, 1, 15, 17, 18, 17, 3, 2, 19, 5 = 117 (12d20)

This is Veeky Forums, right?

Not yet!

Rolled 8, 2, 19, 4, 5, 6, 4, 4, 1, 3, 18, 18 = 92 (12d20)

Who does Rowan serve?

>Rowan
Literally who?

The new t-t-totally a c-corupt monstergirl u guise, vampire maid waitress who turns into a slutty drunk around blood.
Yeah.
Wonderful character.

way too much bold sprinkled all over the text. it makes it hard to read.

Don't you ever get tired of your own shitty attitude? Like seriously, what do you even bring to this community? You disgust me.

They bring shitposting for anyone and everyone they don't like, which happens to be everyone.

Simply put, they're likely somebody that gets off on creating community drama, but is mostly independent of the actual community.

>implying everyone is a member of the IRC and knows who people are.

Yes, could have phrased it better. But it's possible that they really don't know who it is.

For those that care: The Discord has recently been the subject of a rash of shitposting and "fake" advertisements designed specifically to make it look bad by making accusatory and muckslinging statements about the IRC.

NOBODY will be banned unless they specifically cause problems within the Discord itself. We will not be judging new people based on past or present actions in the IRC or the thread. If the Discord ends up "replacing" the IRC, it will be exclusively because the community considers the Discord to be genuinely better in their eyes, and not because of any mudflinging. Discord moderation will not personally participate in nor will we care about the drama generated in the thread, as that's not our turf, but the turf of Veeky Forums moderators (no matter how frequently they do or do not perform their duties). If it's bad enough, the thread will either be visited by janitors or purged outright, and we'll have no real say in that.

By the same token, anyone who accepts somebody posting as an user claiming to be somebody non-anonymous is just asking to be baited, and should be ashamed of themselves for taking such obvious bait.

With all of that said, we hope that you will at least give the Discord a try. If it ends up not being your cup of tea, then no hard feelings, thanks for trying something new. If you end up sticking around, we're glad to have you.

This will likely be the only public post we make into the thread, and any other 'mean-spirited' posts should be considered shitposting and be ignored. Any advertisements from us will be simple and clean, and won't be attempting to defame or deface anyone else. Like it or not, the community has multiple facets beyond the IRC, as it always has. This is just a new facet being explored, and whether or not it pans out will be up to you.

I'm going to recount something said a long time ago that should really be standard operating procedure for dealing with trolling on a chan.

Don't bite, report, move on. Simple, no headache, kills a lot of drama before it starts. Let's all be magical to one another!

>blood tentacles
>forehead writing
It's obviously vampire cthulhu

Don't try and lie to hide your own previous scummy behavior when literally every mention of the Discord from the start to finish by you has been mud-throwing at the IRC.

Also, I suppose your next trick will be to claim that this wasn't actually you, Flamy. Grow up.

But hey, maybe you won't actually shitpost any more after this. Stranger things have happened.

Not Flamy, but that screenshot clearly looks like it was meant to be taken a joke.

I doubt it, but then I have no clue what's wrong with Flamy beyond "drank the kool-aid".

Regardless, it's another bald faced lie when it's a simple matter of checking the previous and current thread to see that literally every single mention of the Discord to date has been shitting on the IRC with even more lies.

I have nothing against these clowns changing tactics because "lie about the IRC and claim oppression" wasn't working out to get people into their non-existent community, but I have everything against them pretending that it wasn't exactly what they were doing before from the very first time it was mentioned.

>Also, I suppose your next trick will be to claim that this wasn't actually you, Flamy.
The Discord has more people behind it than Flamy, and our moderation has no intentions of starting a shitpost war. I don't care what your opinions are, but if you actually care about the health of the community you'll drop this conversation here and now, and never bring it up again. The only thing your attacks do is serve to make us ALL look bad, not just the Discord, and not just the IRC. All of us suffer because of your ego and the ego of others that would shitpost here.

This problem got started because of shitflinging. We will not solve the problem of shitflinging in the thread by shitflinging MORE in the thread. It solves nothing and only serves to make us look like a pile of egotistic morons.

Additionally, the ban brought up in this message has been undone, meaning that everyone is on fair terms in the eyes of the Discord's moderation. The only reason to not be willing to give us a try is because of your own ego stopping you. I won't begrudge you your ego, but I will ask you to step off and stop trying to taint the ability of others to make coherent decisions.

I will ask this of you once: Go away and stop trying to control this community.

To put it bluntly, I don't believe in letting lies stand. That statement that no one from your community- such as it is- was lying about the IRC before was flat-out false.

You are correct that shitflinging goes nowhere and that this conversation is pretty much over, but it's hardly "controlling" the community to point out malicious slander.

Either way, I think we're done. Let's get back to talking mahous.

The shitpost advertisements are being researched, but honestly I doubt that'll go anywhere, and even if it did we'd just likely end up witch hunting somebody, which is another part of this mess that we're in as a community.

But yeah, mahous are pretty great.

What was behind the decision to take away Twin Soul's ability to have the twin hold a different power than the original? It didn't really change that much, did it?

Quasar Black.

Well, obviously QB made the decision, but there had to have been some sort of logic behind it. Usually QB doesn't just smack something down "just because", and this feels like it really hurt twins.

QB doesn't go with what the community wantspr requests for the most part. See: Beacon and Ebon mint lore changes.
For the twin change specifically it was due to an exploit found by Zip where he created around fkve twins from lucky recursive rolls of the power. He also pointed out a Smug origin results in an infinite amount of twins in that you can select the Twinned Soul power every time.
So yeah. Yet another nerf due to minmaxing make it broken which has the benefit of fucking over the average player.

Just say that a Twin can't have a Twin and leave it at that. Reroll if your twin rolls Twin Soul for their perk.

Minmaxers are easily dealt with without fucking over the average player.

I can't decide if I want to fully get back into this again. Assuming I do, I'm not sure if I want to use my old characters or make a new one.

Aside from all the shitposting, I feel very out of touch here...

Depending on how out of it you've been, you might want to make your characters from scratch. Old builds in both CYOA and AMGC are likely at least partially outdated.

Just drop on in, and we'll walk you through it. Drama aside, the RP has never been more active especially if you're up for casual RP in #WandAndCirclet.

Makes sense.