/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Steinkirk Cravat Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/1u3u9u2gj6jcnmt/Osprey - MAA 203 - Louis XIV's Army.pdf
mediafire.com/download/9tkc3bk8c6t99l9/Osprey - MAA 267 - The British Army 1660-1704.pdf
mega.nz/#!jwcXSY6Y!_jMaHQU9JEnPvrNp54ZOtF5SdQnp8aNb9o4nmUOMCFk
mega.nz/#!bFsSDJbK!l-fRzZ6obBbbZ_ndB_55He2Bhm1lmduUAvWIbGT6Fxg
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mega.nz/#!2p8yTQbA!EIZTUGcO9WT1YSm7sz6GrEUQ-bYP0-p4tnrbkMFjFeg
mediafire.com/download/pfqz5jcmqp988p3/Osprey - CAM 296 - Milvian Bridge AD 312.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1hc2al0td6g6fs8/Osprey - CAM 297 - The Gempei War 1180-85.pdf
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67123/tank-tank
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/grand-master-bundle
wargamevault.com/product/189744/Warsaw-is-burning-Poland-1939?cPath=23449_23825
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!
Bolt Action: Empire in Flames

August 3rd in military history:

8 – Roman Empire general Tiberius defeats the Dalmatae on the river Bathinus.
881 – Battle of Saucourt-en-Vimeu: Louis III of France defeats the Vikings, an event celebrated in the poem Ludwigslied.
1342 – The Siege of Algeciras commences during the Spanish Reconquista.
1601 – Long War: Austria captures Transylvania in the Battle of Goroszló.
1645 – Thirty Years' War: The Second Battle of Nördlingen sees French forces defeating those of the Holy Roman Empire.
1692 – Nine Years' War: France defeats Allied forces in the Battle of Steenkerque.
1903 – Macedonian rebels in Kruševo proclaim the Kruševo Republic, which exists only for ten days before Ottoman Turks lay waste to the town.
1914 – World War I: Germany declares war against France, while Romania declares its neutrality.
1940 – World War II: Italian forces begin the invasion of British Somaliland.
1958 – The nuclear submarine USS Nautilus travels beneath the Arctic ice cap.

It is 324 years since the Battle of Steenkerque (Steenkerque, also spelled Steenkerke or Steenkirk) fought as a part of the Nine Years' War. It resulted in the victory of the French under Marshal François-Henri de Montmorency, duc de Luxembourg against a joint English-Scottish-Dutch-German army under Prince William of Orange. The battle took place near the village of Steenkerque in the Southern Netherlands, 50 kilometres (31 mi) south-west of Brussels.

The French had achieved their immediate object by capturing Namur. Their army took up a strong defensive position in accordance with the strategical methods of the time, facing north-west with its right on the Zenne at Steenkerque and its left towards Enghien. Their supposition was that the enemy would not dare to attack it.

William III had replaced Waldeck as supreme Allied commander. The Allied army was encamped about Halle. Of the 20 British regiments in the Allied army, 8 were Scottish, including the famed Mackay Regiment, who had landed with William at Torbay in 1688. The Allies, who would otherwise probably have done as the French marshal desired, were by the fortune of war afforded the opportunity of surprising a part of the enemy's forces. Accordingly, William set his army in motion before dawn on 3 August and surprised the French right. He completely misled the enemy by forcing a captured spy to give Luxemburg false news.

The Allied advanced guard of infantry and pioneers, under the Duke of Wurttemberg, deployed silently around 5:00 a.m. close to the French camps. The main body of the French army was farther back and forming up after the passage of some woods. Belatedly, Luxemburg became aware of the impending blow. When the fight opened, Luxemburg was completely surprised and he could do no more than hurry the nearest foot and dragoons into action as each regiment came on the scene.

The march of the Allies' main body was mismanaged and time was lost. At 9:00 a.m. Wurttemberg started cannonading the enemy while waiting for support and for the order to advance. The French worked feverishly to form a strong and well-covered line of battle at the threatened point. The Allied main body had marched in the usual order with one wing of cavalry leading, the infantry following, and the other wing of cavalry at the tail of the column. On arrival at the field they were hastily sorted out into infantry and cavalry, for the ground was only suitable for the former.

Only a few Allied battalions had come up to support the advanced guard when the real attack opened at 12:30. Although the advanced guard had already been under arms for nine hours and the march had been over bad ground, its attack swept the first French line before it. The British and Danes stubbornly advanced and the second and third lines of the French infantry gave ground before them. However, Luxemburg was rapidly massing his whole force to crush them. During this time the confusion in the allied main body had reached its height.

Count Solms ordered the cavalry he commanded forward, but the mounted men, scarcely able to move over the bad roads and heavy ground, only blocked the way for the infantry. Some of the British foot, with curses upon Solms and the Dutch generals, broke out to the front, and Solms, angry and excited, thereupon refused to listen to all appeals for aid from the front. No attempt was made to engage and hold the centre and left of the French army, which hurried, regiment after regiment, to take part in the fighting at Steenkerque. William's counter-order that the infantry was to go forward, the cavalry to halt, was opposed by General Hugh Mackay, who urged an ordered withdrawal, to effect a consolidation of the infantry. When directly ordered by William to advance he reportedly said "the will of the Lord be done", and was killed at the head of his regiment.

At the crisis Luxemburg had not hesitated to throw the whole of the French and Swiss Guards into the fight, led by the princes of the royal house. More and more French troops under command of Boufflers appeared. During and after this supreme effort the Allies were driven back, contesting every step against the weight of numbers.

The foot and dragoons of the main body which succeeded in reaching the front, served only to cover and to steady the retreat of Wurttemberg's force. The coup having manifestly failed, William ordered a general retreat. The Allies retired as they had come, their rear-guard under the Dutch Marshal Ouwerkerk showing too stubborn a front for the French to attack. The French army, very disordered and suffering heavy casualties, was in no state to pursue.

Over 8,000 men out of 15,000 engaged on the side of the Allies were killed and wounded. The losses of the French out of a much larger force were at least equal. Contemporary soldiers affirmed that Steenkirk was the hardest battle ever fought by the infantry in that war. Five British regiments were completely destroyed. The British blamed their great losses on the ineptitude of the Dutch general Count Solms in command of the Allied cavalry.

A "steinkirk" is a lace cravat loosely or negligently worn, with long lace ends. According to Voltaire (l'Âge de Louis XIV), it was in fashion after the battle, where the French gentlemen had to fight with disarranged cravats on account of the surprise sprung by the Allies.

Steenkirk may be little-known, but this gruelling infantry battle on the edge of the Ardennes was a dramatic continental debut for the reformed redcoat army created by Britain’s Glorious Revolution, and makes for an interesting Lace Wars wargame.

mediafire.com/download/1u3u9u2gj6jcnmt/Osprey - MAA 203 - Louis XIV's Army.pdf
mediafire.com/download/9tkc3bk8c6t99l9/Osprey - MAA 267 - The British Army 1660-1704.pdf

How is the /hwg/ casualty counter project coming along?

cunt

An user in the last thread was asking of a scan of Cold War Commander; it got DMCA'd from the Mediafire folder so I moved it here.

mega.nz/#!jwcXSY6Y!_jMaHQU9JEnPvrNp54ZOtF5SdQnp8aNb9o4nmUOMCFk

Rite, let's do it again, maybe this time Folder-user will notice:

Hail Caesar - Britannia supplement:
mega.nz/#!bFsSDJbK!l-fRzZ6obBbbZ_ndB_55He2Bhm1lmduUAvWIbGT6Fxg

Damn, thats one fine looking battlecruiser

Thank you very much user!

Thanks 1:72Anon, I completely missed it in the flurry towards the end of the last thread. As it happens the original Hail Caesar folder isn't mine, but I've imported it to my own drive now and updated the link.

mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA

>tfw no qt redhead Celtic warrior queen gf

No probs user. Blitzkrieg Commander had to go too, so now it's here:

mega.nz/#!2p8yTQbA!EIZTUGcO9WT1YSm7sz6GrEUQ-bYP0-p4tnrbkMFjFeg

oh and I made this

close to done, but I'm less pleased with it than I'd like.

Hey /hwg/, The War Store has a 5% discount code on the front page of their website today. It's not much, but these days I'll take anything I can get

Noble knight also has a 10% code

GAMES10

> Boleslav! Company is of requiring recon element but am not havings vehicle.
> He бecпoкoйcя, comrade. I will just pay quick visit to little brother of mine.

Anybody has a pdf of pic related?

Man, I really really want the Battle for Normandy... I can't find it for any less than $150 though

I forgot the pic.

Milvian Bridge AD 312: Constantine’s Battle for Empire and Faith (Osprey Campaign 296)

In AD 312, the Roman world was divided between four emperors. The most ambitious was Constantine, who sought to eliminate his rivals and reunite the Empire. His first target was Maxentius, who held Rome, the symbolic heart of the Empire. Inspired by a dream sent by the Christian God, at the Milvian Bridge region just north of Rome, he routed Maxentius' army and pursued the fugitives into the river Tiber. The victory secured Constantine's hold on the western half of the Roman Empire and confirmed his Christian faith, but many details of this famous battle remain obscured. This new volume identifies the location of the battlefield and explains the tactics Constantine used to secure a victory that triggered the fundamental shift from paganism to Christianity.

mediafire.com/download/pfqz5jcmqp988p3/Osprey - CAM 296 - Milvian Bridge AD 312.pdf

The Gempei War 1180-1185: The Great Samurai Civil War (Osprey Campaign 297)

Internationally renowned samurai expert Dr Stephen Turnbull delves into a pivotal era of Japanese history in this highly illustrated account of The Gempei War a conflict that defined the age and the ethos of the samurai. Never before had there been a large-scale clash between two rival samurai families, the Taira and the Minamoto, and never again would the result of a war in Japan be quite so dramatic. Fought to gain control over the emperor it would end with imperial power being totally eclipsed in favour of the military might of the samurai class and the establishment of the position of Shogun - Japan's military dictator. Turnbull examines the events of the five-year long conflict, revealing the changes that the war inflicted on Japanese culture and the establishment of many of the traditions of the samurai.

mediafire.com/download/1hc2al0td6g6fs8/Osprey - CAM 297 - The Gempei War 1180-85.pdf

I think it's a pic from a low-tech post-gasoline alternate future

>This week on Supermarket Sweep, Dale Winton freshly returned from his Middle East holiday.

First Battle of Manassas, nearing the endgame on my table.

Heintzelman's division is driving in from the west (top), with only the Confederate cavalry and Brown's undeployed brigade (far left) to stop it. Meanwhile, at far right, I chose to send Keyes rather than Sherman in a right-hook across the river (d'oh!) This attack is now grinding to a halt due to stout resistance from Evans's brigade. In the centre, Porter's shaky Union brigade has held together, thanks to relief on both flanks from Burnside and Holmes.

Great game, could go either way. Only four turns left to play. Looking forward to trying more of the GBACW series.

That is a ridiculously chunky game, having seen a copy in the card. $150 is RRP, and, well, it's a GMT monster. Maybe you'll get to pick it off the estate of a recently-deceased wargamer for less than that?

Shit man, could buy two armies for that price.

Hex & chit wargames regularly shock miniatures people with their prices.

And weight.

>two armies
>The game comes well stocked with 2,250 counters on nine counter sheets. Six of the sheets represent combat units; the remaining sheets are markers for reduced/depleted units, costal fortifications and batteries, and a few game flow markers.

IIRC it has some corps-size chits, so that's more than a couple of armies.

(although it does go down to companies if a regiment or battalion gets really fucked-up, that's absolute low-end though)

But then you'd have to paint them. And you still might need scenery, rules and various accessories.

Board wargames can be pricey, but the contain everything you need to play.

>But then you'd have to paint them.
And for that, I'd come up with "but that's just paper". I'd like to try hex and chit one day, but 150$ for a single one with the need for all the space of the world...guess I'll stay with miniatures.

Looking good user. I have yet to try any of the Great Battles series, but you may have encouraged me to go out and buy one

This user is exactly right; it might be a hefty initial investment, but for $150 in this case, and more regularly around $50-70, you have everything you need to start playing. Hell, you can even play solo in many cases. Don't get me wrong, modeling a historically accurate army is fun, but it is a much different game to me. You definitely can't be the look of a well made army and terrain, though

That's basically a monster game, though. It's giant and ridiculous. There are plenty of cheaper ones with a ton of scenarios and options, even from GMT. The more popular ones (read: not monsters) can be found discounted, too.

Plus a lot of them have fully-playable VASSAL modules.

The two Samurai GBoH games are pretty cool. A bit different from regular GBoH, with armies divided into clans and such. Worth a look!

I'm a miniatures man, but I still loved Tank on Tank - boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67123/tank-tank

I used to keep a copy of it in the car. If I was round a mate's house and we had an hour to kill they could learn the rules and we could get a game in.

>but that's just paper

Sure I get what you're saying, but I think user was referring to the time investment of painting, as opposed to being able to open the box and play

I know $150 seems like a lot, but the Battle for Normandy is a huge game; Normandy '44, also made by GMT and also covering Normandy, only costs around $60. Miniatures a massive investment as well between buying all of the figures you need for an accurate army, and then all of the painting supplies and terrain. I wouldn't say one is any less expensive than the other really.

Thanks for the recommendation!

>buy black primer
>spray on, man this spray can is being a right shit
>can says black gloss primer
wut

Anyways, coverage seems ok, if a little on the thin side. Should I strip and reprime or push on ahead?

It's Krylon Colourmaster Paint + Primer if it makes any difference.

bundlestars.com/en/bundle/grand-master-bundle

ayyyy

I used glossy primer for a while, but it was a pain in the butt to paint over it. If it's okay, just paint over it and don't bother, but seal it with varnish in the end.

Are you priming outdoors while it's really humid? If so try another fig and bring it indoors somewhere to dry after you spray it. I routinely prime with regular flat spraypaint, and I've used semigloss on on WSF stuff from shapeways.
Try to hit it with another thin coat and see what it looks like, and if you aren't happy get a can of something else or go to an art supply store and buy a bottle of black brush on gesso. Supposedly it forms a harder surface, preserves detail, and you can use it indoors. Want to give a try myself, just haven't had the time to spend painting to justify buying a bottle.

It's about 40%, but I always bring figs in to dry after priming.

Was mostly wondering about painting over gloss primers in general. Guess we'll see how it takes paint when it's dry and go from there.

>"but that's just paper".
Such a retarded argument.

People pay more for books than they do for blank paper.

A product is worth more than the sum of its parts.

fucking stop i dont know how you fucking ageod fucks can afford to pay shills but im fucking sick of your viral marketing bullshit. Idc if your entire library is only 8 dollars I wouldnt pay a penny for your broken shovelware shit leave this fucking thread you absolute shill faggot

Just like "but you have to paint them". Yeah, that's why I bought the minis. To paint them.

I don't have much against the hex and chit stuff, as in really nothing. Most of them are expensive to me (even tho if I've spend hundreds of pounds on miniatures), but that's too much boardgame for my tastes.

Who is this ageod and when did they farted in your cereal?

game dev

Not that guy, Ageod are wargames/grand strategy. Not for everyone and with a shitty engine. Games are ,ormally quite expansive. Don't know why that guy goes into a fit.

1:72 user doesnt like actually playing games, He's just a painter

BECAUSE THE KEEP FUCKING SHILLING THEIR BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT GAMES HERE

I like playing games, I just can't play as often as I'd like to.

I haven't had a problem with the semigloss, at least as far as repriming my War at Sea ships. I've been drybrushing a light coat of the base hull color so that there's a bit more tooth to work with and going from there.

nah senpai youre a painter and an elitist against hex an chit because muh
>no effort
>too much space even though 1:72 uses 6'4

>an elitist against hex an chit

10/10

HELLO GORGEOUS SHOPPERS!

New shit from Ivan:

> Warsaw is burning! is the first supplement for Five Men at Kursk.

> Offering a new way of doing wargame campaigns, rather than giving you a few prepackaged scenarios, Kursk relies on random tables to generate a potentially infinite amount of scenarios.
> The expansion provides the tables to roll up Polish, German and Soviet squads along with their respective support tables, custom-tailored to September 1939.
> Tank profiles include vehicles like the 7TP and 20mm armed tankettes.
> Included are also special rules to add additional flavour, new terrain and mission objective tables suitable for a campaign game and notes for continuing your campaign into WW2.

> Intended for use with Five Men at Kursk, the expansion can also be adapted to most any skirmish wargame, including FiveCore Skirmish, Five Men in Normandy and great titles from other publishers.

wargamevault.com/product/189744/Warsaw-is-burning-Poland-1939?cPath=23449_23825

So I've literally just moved to Sheffield, anyone have an idea what the wargaming scene's like up here?

>Just like "but you have to paint them". Yeah, that's why I bought the minis. To paint them.
This is not the same thing, really.

The truth is a hex and chit game is not just paper any more than a miniature is just a chunk of pewter. The skill of the sculptor/writer and all other factors have to be taken into consideration.

Whether you like painting or not has no factor in this.

It's fine for hex and chit games, or miniatures, to be more than you are willing to pay for them, but that doesn't make them "just paper".

Man, if quotation marks could mean that what's in them don't mean exactly what is just written, that'd be fucking great.

Seriously, I wasn't even badmouthing hex and chit but every hex and chit gamer jumps on my throat like I was shitting into an unpunched copy of Battle for Normandy.

Heaven forbid I'll ever mention, or even worse, DARE to play any sacred hex and chit games.

Sorry but can't help you user, everyone in the thread is from Hampshire.

maybe you should just stop shitposting then

I'm from County Durham

There's kind of bugger all up here /hwg/ wise.

There used to be a shop called Wargames Emporium in Sheffield, but buggered if I can remember where it was. Dunno if it's still going though.

Or maybe you could try being a gigantic faggot if you consider this shitposting.

>>Man, if quotation marks could mean that what's in them don't mean exactly what is just written, that'd be fucking great.
>use quotation marks
>get upset when people think you mean what's in them

what

Oy! Be nice to the gigantic faggots, they're not THAT bad.

...that it's a retarded argument just like "but you have to paint them".

I guess it's enough /hwg/ for me for a while. How easily some of you fuckers could shit up a thread is truly wonderful.

I'm glad somebody laughed at my stupid comment.

Some of us aren't.

>I guess it's enough /hwg/ for me for a while. How easily some of you fuckers could shit up a thread is truly wonderful.
Jesus, you went from 0 to butthurt real quickly and why? Because someone quoted you as saying hex and chit is "just paper" but you don't really mean it or something?

Are all namefags this pathetic?

jesus 1;72 stop being a little child over nothing

For what it's worth, some of us do have a reading comprehension above third grade, and are mostly wondering what the fuck happened, and where the "he-and-shit-brigade" came from...

heX-and-shit-brigade
And of course I miss the fucking X that time... do note I said reading comprehension, not writing.

>heX-and-shit-brigade
yeah, how dare they say hex and chit isn't just paper!

I don't own any H&C games, but its literally true that you have to paint models and literally true that H&C isn't just paper.

No idea why 1:72 has taken it so personally and been so offended.

Well he is kinda an attention-seeker. Sad to see him act like this though.

Perhaps everyone should calm down and stop worrying about who is worried by what and get back to talking about historical wargames.

>No idea why 1:72 has taken it so personally and been so offended.
Because "people" being typical 4-chan morons? "Oh no someone said something vaguely disparagin about what I'm interrested in. KILL THEM!"

explains why hes been absent from our screens for years

Is hex and chit vs 1:72 the new "what colour is feldgrau" ?

Anyone pick up the ageod bundlestars bundle. Its pretty cheap for so many games.. are they worth it?

Lion Rampant

lion rampant is my favourite hwg overreaction meme Tbh

I was here for feldgrau but not this, what happen

One user mentioned that he was going to try Lion Rampant then got fucked by the activation system and launched a tremendously entertaining tirade against the game.

I'm from Manchester.
I just live in Hampshire now.

Sorry user, there's a few amerifags and at least one dutchman that frequents the threads too. It was tongue in cheek, I know

The one user that gets so offended whenever we dare talk about naval games for one thread out of twenty never fails to amuse me.

Holy fuck, if this was combined with Pike and Shot tactical battles a la Medieval II Total war, I would fucking play that shit.

Combo strategy and tactics floats my boat.

I'm sorry, but your origin stories have been retconned, you're all from Hampshire now.

Yeah that would be great. I hope we will see a game like that one day.

>Combo strategy and tactics floats my boat.

I find it peculiar there are not more Total War clones. Especially for areas the series has not covered, or covered particularly well, such as the whole pike&shot era that was at best covered by a pretty good mod for the original medieval total war.

> I'm a Southerner now

pls no.

I was born and still live in hampshire.

Thank's for joining me lads.

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP

> Not now Mittens I'm trying to shoot some Jerries

>white cat
>light coloured eyes

if it had blue eyes it was deaf anyway so it wouldnt have been hurt by the gunshot volume

Depends, either you like them or hate them. Bundle is very cheap though.

anyone know any good documentaries on the thirty year war?