/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

> Previous Thread:

>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

theonyxpath.com/now-available-curse-of-the-blue-nile-and-v20w20-starter-bundles/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What is your favorite Lineage?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/
theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7307326/
youtu.be/KQHxfF_2PkQ
youtu.be/LWCGAEjsI2Q
youtu.be/Cyx7AvmFvXE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they#Trend_to_prescription_of_generic_he_from_19th_century
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to cum inside the Dark Mother

But user, you are the dark mother

But beasts happen when the Dark Mother comes inside you...

Opinions on the Extempore?

I think they're rather interesting in contrast to the other Lineages. Their lack of direction or culture to guide them makes them perhaps the most hopeless of Prometheans, but I suppose it will also give them the greatest sense of triumph if they ever fully ascend.

best girl

hope not
that doesn't say much for every other char

PROMETHEAN

SOON

what time tomorrow, like midnight today or like noonish or what?

Oh really, when?

Wednesday.

It is Wednesday for me. Promethean now?

Releases are usually around 12-5pm EST on release day.

So what is the God-Machine probably?

Ancient
Massive
Enigmatic
Menacing
Eclectic

Brace for this place to be a shitposting night,are when Promethean drops, by the way. This place is gonna have dogged idiots moaning about nonstandard pronouns for weeks.

>theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/
this is old. pls update in next thread.

Just what does it say, anyway?

It's Promethean, the only game in the line where nonstandard pronouns would actually make any sense. You can bet your ass it'll be drowning in them.

Idigam, Strix, and Huntsmen. Why is 2e so bad at making new antagonists tg?

theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

You get a lot of sie and I think a handful of zie, plus a lot of they.

Doesn't bother me any.

Idigam and Strix weren't new and I like them both. I'll have to see the final version of Huntsmen before I can judge.

Idigam were there since the beginning and are scary "big bad monster" creatures. I like them.

Strix are questionable, but they're interesting enough as a monster that preys on Vampires.

And Huntsmen? Well, I always preferred the Gentry themselves coming out of Arcadia to trick people into coming come with them, or recover their favourite Dancing Doll...

But there's no reason they can't do that as WELL as having eternally roving lesser Fae. I mean, the threat of your Keeper coming to get you was always there, but the threat of ANY nearby Huntsman grabbing you if you fuck up seems more real.

>>being pissed off about abominations created with no gender using non gendered pronouns

Again, I don't mind, but this place has been complaining about individual sidebars in Mortal Remains and M20 for ages now.

>And Huntsmen? Well, I always preferred the Gentry themselves coming out of Arcadia to trick people into coming come with them, or recover their favourite Dancing Doll...
Huntsmen are horrible because there's no way to get rid of them without running away or betraying another Changeling.

I know it's only a fan splat, and a relatively poorly considered one by many, but does anyone here have any practical experience running Genius the Transgression?

Are there any pearls of wisdom you've learned from running it? I get that in many ways it's similar to Mage the Awakening, but I'm considering a new campaign and I think my group might be receptive to the though of playing Mad Scientists who have to come to terms with the fact that they're not really doing science at all.

I mean, I've never even touched the concept of Mad Scientists in my games before.

I couldn't find their rules in the publically released content. Are they just unkillable? Or do they like regenerate, pulling themselves back together.

If you kill them they just come back later.

Yeah, I know. We're good.

I tend to do the opposite and bitch about stuff having humanoid secondary sex characteristics and gender signifiers when they are not humanoid life forms and don't reproduce sexually.

I'll back off now, this thread seems pretty chill.

Why do you assume the great mother has not already stolen your seed and used it to birth murderous creatures you will never see?

Like, them specifically? With all the info they gathered in their last life? Or just another one.

The same one.

So does anyone have Promethean character concepts they've been sitting on or once played?

I made a Galateod back when I got the playtest documents, but never got to play her because I was the ST. Anyone wanna hear?

That sucks.
If you managed to kill the physical form of one of the Gentry, good job. You probably only killed one part of it and the rest is wiser to you, but you still actually DID something.

Depsite the fact that even the act of fighting it adds to its tale, and feeds it.

In 1e, how could non-Promethean's snag Pyros?

And that's not even getting into how stupid it is that leaving town is even a suggestion. I mean, if you leave town as a PC what are you supposed to do? Just reroll your character?

Same as in 2e, stealing it from a Promethean. I don't think Pyros naturally appears outside of the internal furnace of a Promethean and the stuff that makes up a qashmal.

Can you point me towards the rules for them?
Because some Changelings must manage to exist without the Court system, or they persist when the system falls apart due to greed or idiocity.
And simply leaving the cities can't just drop you straight into a hornet's nest of Fae jackasses who'll dogpile your ass and drag you back off to the Rape Factory.

Qashmal use essence though

And you're saying Pyros is sort of the background static of the world and it can't be claimed in any other way? Lame.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/805704-meet-the-huntsmen

Courts keep changelings alive necause they conduct rituals to keep the fae away. A single changeling alone in the wilderness is gonna get picked off.

Qashmal use Pyros in 2e, and are on a different wavelength of Twilight than ghosts and spirits.

I see Pyros as being a fundamental energy much like Sekhem; both are incredibly hard to interact with or even detect, which fits for "the only known source of new souls" and "the incarnate lifeforce of reality," rspectively.

I suppose you could argue they make sense for the unchained as well, what with Covers and all.

They make sense in all the games, user.

>plus a lot of they
Pleased by this one. I'm still butthurt by the seemingly overwhelming SJW refusal of the singular They.

As a key part of the concepts and themes of the game.

Sure a Hunter can go by non-standard pronouns, but that's not expected or encouraged by the very nature of their existence as a stitched together amalgam of 6 various bodies, or an alien being cohabiting the lives of 4 very different people.

I thought singular They was banned?

>the seemingly overwhelming SJW refusal of the singular They.

I'm as "SJW" as they come and see a hell of a lot more They than I do Sie or Xir or anything else.

Dave had mentioned that. Maybe it changed after my playtest or maybe the final book won't have it, who knows?

By whom, whiny internet babies?
They is a perfectly acceptable non-specific singular.

A non-binary Vampire is only as normal as a non-binary mortal. (Well, maybe a little more. Living hundreds of years can really fuck with your priorities and preconceptions.)

It's far more within the realm of the expected to see it with Prommies and Demons, though.

Oh I hope not. That would be even stupider than "Never use passive voice".

I could see the Ordo Dracul rapidly progressing beyond a standard concept of gender, to say nothing of more monstrous Nosferatu or bestial Gangrel. Werewolves already deal with the notoriously fluid spirits, and doubly so with 2e's Mother Wolf thing. Mages have Mind and Life to run in circles around topics of gender and sex, respectively.

I thought Dave said they didn't exist in twilight at all.

>Only
The only game where it DOESN'T make sense (as a thing worth noting) is probably Vampire. Or, I guess, Hunter
Hell, in Changeling I've seen maybe six people who've never met pull the "my Keeper made me a girl" thing. And at least two of them were Alice in Wonderland themed.

Although, as Jakki points out, transpeople exist.

SJWs love Singular They. They just also like other options.

Only the Huntsmen are new. Also you're wrong and dumb and I bet your face is stupid.

Huntsmen are nice because the Gentry coming out personally is stupid and goes against the entire concept of the Gentry.

This thread got pissed about Doctor Jhess. Who looks like David Bowie, by the way.

Maybe you should have brought those complaints up in the discussion forums. It's probably too late now.

Lace
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7307326/
>A depressing tale of Promethean done right. Desperate striving for humanity gone horribly wrong due to incomprehension and lack of empathy.
There was a second thread, but it's lost to the ages.

No, you idiot. By their outdated style guide. You're being a whiny internet baby, and the people you call whiny internet babies a) have no power, because b) if they did, OPP would use Singular They for Baphomet instead of the awkward and wordy His/Her.
DEATH TO PRESCRIPTIVSM

>see a hell of a lot more They than I do Sie or Xir or anything else.

Thank the dark mother. I can handle non-binary, it's the made-up-awkward-to-read-special-snowflake pronouns that set my autism ablaze.

True, but even those are still going to be a bit niche. Meanwhile Promethean has the Unfleshed, who were never so much as organisms. Non-binary is/would be almost the norm.
Then demon covers can be "I was in a hurry and slapped these together but I accidentally put a '2' for gender instead of '1' or '0'" or "I identified as female but after wearing 18 male covers in a row I'm not so sure anymore"

I'm just going off my documents here. Remember, my material is over a year old.

>Maybe you should have brought those complaints up in the discussion forums
Fairly certain other people would have already talked their ears off about it.

He did, but that's retarded since they can dematerialize

>transpeople exist
No, they just think they do and their delusions are fed by doctors and surgeons who are either misguided or care more about money and prestige than actually helping people.

>this triggers the AmyV

I'm looking forward to see future Mummy material address Twilight as a place, because it'll be fun to see that conflict with everything else calling it several related and similar supernatural states of matter.

You know, I enjoyed the days when a splat would just go "holy shit, what the fuck is that", rather than having opinions and ways to access fucking everyhing.

???

The only places Mummies have access to are reality, Twilight, and Duat, with Duat being a completely inaccessible mystery to literally every other being in the CofD setting. And the only individuals outside of Beasts who can touch the Primordial Dream are some Mages, mayb some Changelings, and the rare few mortals who can actively wander in dreams. Demon's splintered timelines are unique to it, and Mage 2e proposes going /into/ the Gauntlet to deal with weirdness there.

There's still plenty of "what the fuck is that" in the current books.

I've looked at the game a few times, with different ideas each time
>A Galatea who was made to be the new boyfriend of a lonely biologist, but ended up becoming his secret sex slave until he eventually killed the biologist and freed himself
>An Unfleshed who was created by an engineer with the intent of being the first in a line of humanoid robots he planned to start selling, but during the various tests he was running he ended up treating the Unfleshed more and more like a robo-butler, until eventually he just forgets about him and leaves the door unlocked long enough for the Unfleshed to escape into the world
>An Extempore born in a situation very similar to the Swampman thought experiment; guy goes out into the swamp/whatever is outside the city, storm happens, he gets zapped, another simultaneous lightning strike elsewhere in the area re-arranges some atoms and molecules or w/e to be a perfect replica of the dead guy, and he just returns to town and tries to go about his life as if nothing happened...until Disquiet kicks in/he realizes he's got powers/whatever

>That guy in the last thread triggering SJWs with fantasy raping someone in torpor
Top kek

I've got a Galatea created as a mistaken attempt to bring a dead lover back to life, scorned for not being the person her body belonged to and for being transgender. Her name is Angel and I really hope to play her someday.

The other is an Extempore born from a volcanic eruption on a Hawaiian island, desperate to find a family and/or get to the mainland.

>There's still plenty of "what the fuck is that" in the current books.

Beast, Demon, Mage all have all-access skeletons keys

Werewolf doesn't, but can still access everywhere that exists in 2e

Vampires are the sub-saharan niggers of the CofD and are the only ones barred from most realms by their intrinsic powerset

Is anyone ITT going to be at the con? I'd love to have someone report back from the panels and maybe snag a Scion pin for me.

I don't think Werewolves can get into the Underworld or the Hedge any easier than a mortal can, and I distinctly remember some Vampires being able to mess with the Underworld and the Shadow. Prometheans only deal with the Shadow if they're Ulgans and only visit the Underworld by dying. It wouldn't surprise me if Deviants stay firmly in our world.

So they are like Elementals?

>The other is an Extempore born from a volcanic eruption on a Hawaiian island, desperate to find a family and/or get to the mainland.
Maybe their problem is that they cannot swim, seriously.

Volcanic rock is heavy, man.

>Thank the dark mother. I can handle non-binary, it's the made-up-awkward-to-read-special-snowflake pronouns that set my autism ablaze.
I honestly hate this argument. Especially the "made up word" part.
Do you think all words we have have always existed?
People who are willing to accept tweet, meme, emoji, etcetera but not "made up" gender pronouns are making an arbitrary choice.

> "I identified as female but after wearing 18 male covers in a row I'm not so sure anymore"
Jeez, 18? What a slut.

Whoops, turns out no one did, maybe if you said something you could have prevented this!

>I'm right about everything even though I'm clearly uneducated
Yep, exactly that. You know best, user.

>Implying anyone was triggered
user, you're dumb.

Actually there's a Vampire Discipline from 1e all about the Shadow.
Also, no one is barred from anything, and even mortals could go to those places.
Mage doesn't have all access skeleton keys, just the means to fill a keyring, and they're the splat all about going anywhere and potentially doing anything.
There's also still plenty of "what the fuck is that". Hell, there's plenty of it for anyone. Like the Ten Photographs.
youtu.be/KQHxfF_2PkQ
youtu.be/LWCGAEjsI2Q
youtu.be/Cyx7AvmFvXE

I've been running it for years and have had great fun, but it's a little late to explain it now.

>Jeez, 18? What a slut.

Stop Loudshaming her, how dare you judge her for going Loud as often as she wants and burning through covers. Dangerously toxic attitude.

>People who are willing to accept tweet, meme, emoji, etcetera but not "made up" gender pronouns are making an arbitrary choice.

The word isn't what people dislike, it's the imagined alternate gender they've assigned to themselves when the upset person "knows" there are only two genders.

>Whoops, turns out no one did
I find that very, very, VERY hard to believe

Even like, the quickest rundown would be appreciated. Even just "don't let them do this", or "this shit is cool".

>I thought singular They was banned?
Singular they WAS banned by the Official White Wolf Style Guide. Maybe they saw sense and finally relaxed that ridiculous restriction.

Hmm..so maybe on land they are perfectly normal, but when they are over water or part of them touches it, they petrify.

>I find that very, very, VERY hard to believe
No, but I feel "someone else could have said it" is a bad excuse to not even go look and add your two cents.

>Dangerously toxic attitude.
So is Going Loud.
>The word isn't what people dislike, it's the imagined alternate gender they've assigned to themselves when the upset person "knows" there are only two genders.
But user, that's even worse!
... or is it? I mean, I do wear that Death to Prescriptivists hat a lot...

DEATH TO PR... I mean, let's hope so. It was the fucking Word of the Year for shitsake.

There's so much cool shit in there that it depends on what your group gravitates towards. My group loves Manes and Bardos (and so do I), while I'm also incredibly fond of the whole concept of Jabir.

One note: Katastrofi will annihilate anyone who doesn't have Prostasia, and anyone who has Prostasia will laugh off anyone who doesn't have Katastrofi. I tried to make someone who didn't have Prostasia but used Exelexi for Wolverine-style regeneration. Things did not end well for her.

Singular "they" is offensive to any nonbinaries in your group. You should encourage them to make up their own pronouns, even if they prefer "they". That's practically being an Uncle Tom, you know.

user, stop being a fucking idiot. I know it's hard, but please...

"They" is grammatically incorrect. "He" is what should be used in mixed or unknown company.

Even better? It's not made up.

Can people shut up about pronouns for a sec? What's this I hear about Promethean 2e? How is it going to be different? Are thee still going to be refinements and lineages or is it going to be like changeling 2e all over again? I ask because I just convinced my girlfriend to play in a solo campaign of it and I was just about to revise on it when I hear about a new edition.

Changeling 2e is perfectly fine, user. There's no need to moan.

All of the Lineages are in except the Zeka and all of the Refinements are in plus a new one, with Centimani barred from play by default and explicitly seen as a fail state of the Pilgrimage, albeit one you can come back from.

Is there a short course on CofD integrity, because it doesn't make sense to me on humans with supernnatural merits

>in plus a new one
Are we talking Extempore or something different? Also I'm angry about the fact the Refinement of Flux is no longer playable. Not that you can't make Flux-tainted abilities for the other Refinements, but still.

>Even better? It's not made up.
It's antiquated, though. And, for bonus points, it's what replaced the Singular They! It really was just a choice by some guy that everyone else agreed to go along with. She would have been just as valid, but instead He was chosen.
Also, Singular They was never "grammatically incorrect". Technically speaking there's no such thing as grammatically incorrect, language is all about arbitrary choices that are only made to facilitate communication.
Source on that: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they#Trend_to_prescription_of_generic_he_from_19th_century

*golfclap*
Remember that guy who argued that Gaston was the hero in Beauty and the Beast, even though he's a sociopath who locked a man in an insane asylum to marry his daughter, then tried to murder her beau simply because you can't show rape in a Disney movie?

>I ask because I just convinced my girlfriend to play in a solo campaign of it and I was just about to revise on it when I hear about a new edition.
Bunches?

Why doesn't it? They're still basically humans.

Centimani are in the book, just in the antagonist section. You can still play as one, you just shouldn't.

The new Refinement is Phosphorum, the daredevils.

>Why doesn't it? They're still basically humans.

Yeah but when you can sneeze lightning or whatever, seeing someone explode is going to be a lot less damaging

>the daredevils.
Dammit, Now I'm picturing Joseph Joestar as a Phosphorum Promethean.

>seeing someone explode is going to be a lot less damaging
Only through degeneration hardening you to certain things

So what are the consequences of high/low integrity except modifiers on future integrity rolls?

The Guilty, Shaken, Spooked, Broken, Fugue, or Madness conditions.

Which bar Shaken are fairly inconvenient, and hard to shake.

Not really. Just because you can make electricity doesn't mean you're intimately familiar with having the inside of someone's head splashed across your face. And the upholstery. And the walls. And the ceiling.

Modifiers on future rolls is pretty meaningful when failing has such hefty consequences.

I want a Big Book of Derangements. Maybe I should work to make some new Conditions. I particularly like the idea of Persistent Conditions being used like Flaws.

Are "Orphean" Ulgans possible in Promethean 2e? I've always prefered ghosts to spirits.

>when failing has such hefty consequences.

Conditions that can be shed by gaining/losing more Integrity? Or something else?

That's not enough for you?

>you will never spend quality time with your murderous monster children

Why even live?

It's perfectly legal now. They changed the gramm rules.

It's always been legal, it was never grammatically incorrect. That's not even how grammar works.
It's banned by the Style Guide.