Make Gilneas Great Again edition

Make Gilneas Great Again edition.
Discuss the lore of the Warcraft setting and its relation to tabletop gaming, and plan Warcraft based games
previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atN2Gk2jza0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Draenei are cute. Cute!

why are you posting pictures of pavement in a Warcraft thread?

>We will never have Thick Vrykul playable race

Will Genn finally remove corpse in Legion?

Would you play a campaign about removing the filthy shamblers from Gilneas?

Fuck yes. The unclean must be purged.

the world PvP gimmick in Legion involves Genn and Sylvanas fighting over towers in the Broken Isles

Draenei are adorable.

YESSS

draenei are both the best playable race because they're the only alliance shamans, and the best, most consistent source of decent western futa

>only alliance shamans
Dwarves got the class in Cata. Respect the Wildhammer!

ah, I quit shortly after lich king, didn't know the stunties got best class

Yeah the Wildhammer and some Dark Iron started working and living with the Bronzebeards again, and both of them ahve some degree of shaman traditions. (Plus warlocks for the Dark Irons)

>futa
>liking any futa
>much less giant fucking horse cock futa

Probably one of the best new class/race comboes to come in Cata, along with troll warlocks (never really understood why they could be mages but not locks, when the curses, shadow magic, and dealing with otherwordly entities of warlocks magic fits the trolls' voodoo thing a lot better than scholarly mage magic). Honestly makes a lot more sense than draenei shamans (Wildhammer dwarves have been established to have shamanistic traditions since WC2, so I wouldn't be surpised some Bronzebears picked it up as well, especially when you consider how useful being able to commune with elements, especially earth, would be for dwarves).

A lot of the other new class/race comboes were pretty weak, though, and felt like they kind of weakened the identity of the class (like tauren paladins, who are really only paladins mechanically, and lore-wise are more like sun-worshiping druids).

I forget, what happened to Rexxar? Is he still alive?

He's alive, but we haven't really seen him since TBC (where he shows up during a questline in Blade's Edge). Presumably he's still wandering around the wilderness somewhere, not giving a fuck.
WoD also has Rexxar, but I'm pretty sure that's his AU version, rather than the same guy.

So what was the reason for Kul Tiras not being included in WoW? Was it the fact Kul Tiras NPCs were enemies of the horde levelling up in durotan? Did they just forget about it?

MFW south sea xpack with the Kul Tiras NEVER EVER

>be ele shaman
>still pissed off we get some random ass fist while the enh wannabe shamans get doomhammer and the ability to properly point out how much thrall is a bitch in legion
>MFW

>Being this butthurt
>When Blizz changed the way animations work so ele shaman can keep their fist unsheathed while casting
Am I the only one who remembers the orc shaman unit from WC3?

>want to include deliberate WoW references in my next campaign, but make them difficult for the party to get
>two members of my group actually play WoW

I'm doomed.

Who knows. I guess they weren't sure what to do with Kul Tiras. Maybe Blizzard thought that Stormwind could provide a better story compared to Kul Tiras.

Kul Tiras would have to be allied with the Alliance, and the Alliance already had a distinct advantage over the Horde in Vanilla

Come Cataclysm, they could have included it, but now they wanted the Horde to be OP because Kosak is a moron, so you still can't have Kul Tiras

>tfw as a DK you cannot just detain both sides and steal corpses from the local graveyard

Kul'tiras is very northerly.

I keep meaning to ask people on the beta if fist weapons can befome non-fist weapons, or better yet use staff models. Because I don't liket he idea of having my weapons so limited.

>play a homebrewed 5e setting my friend came up with
>by the second session he has us fighting elementals that are suddenly invading the real world
>after the session I ask him when we fight Deathwing
>n-never

They probably didn't include it in vanilla for time contraints and it not serving much purpose in-game (pretty much same reason Gilneas wasn't added until Cata). The best time to add it would've been Cataclysm, but now I don't really see much opportunity to do so, unless they make the entire zone into a battleground or something.

Somewhat surpsised they haven't flat-out said that it was destroyed in Cataclysm, like Zandalar island apparently was.

Green Klingons.

Sigh. I miss the days when the horde was the small underdog desperately trying to survive in a hostile world.

>Kul'tiras is very northerly.
Not after Cata...

Currently, fists can still only mog to fists. Which makes no sense at this point, because they've already solved all the animation issues. And changed almost all the weapon animations, too.

I just want them to be moggable with one-handers. Or, hell, I'd settle for daggers and fists getting paired up instead.

I just want the option to be a warrior that punches shit. Or a combat/outlaw rogue that has a sword in one hand and a fist in the other.

>three words
good reading Zoggosh

Yeah, it gave reason for the Horde to stick together

There's really no reason why the forsaken or blood elves would remain a part of the Horde post-Cata

They were right. It is a far more intrestring place to start. More importantly however, it was probally the second most developed kingdom lorewise. Mostly because warcraft 1 took place there.

Nope. I do too, would be very cool indeed.

Woops. in that case:

Green fantasy klingons.

Wait. You can actualy call Thrall out on something? What new spore of madness is this?

I'm just pissed that windwalker monks have such a goofy looking artifact weapon that you can't transmog into the good old fashioned handwraps because the handwraps are bugged in the beta.

God damn I hope they fix this shit

he almost dies because the Doomhammer goes "lolnope" in the middle of him fighting Fel Lord Zakuun's twin brother and jumps into Deepholm

Thrall has a crisis of conscience about Garrosh and loses faith in himself, causing the spirits to lose faith in him and abandon him, right in the middle of him fighting a demon

GILNEAS WAS NEVER GREAT!

t. erenas

W E W L A D D I E

I really wish that when they gave the other horde totems upgrades they had gone with this for the standard Orc totems, they look much better than the axes.

Also the dwarf totems are hideous

>Also the dwarf totems are hideous
Fitting, the dwarves look hideous, too.

>Mfw I'm just a Forsaken player, hoping to do Forsaken thing being part of the great army to purge Azeroth in Her name

I'm part of the problem, isn't it ?

Garithos would have probally said the same thing, even before Gilneas was taken over by degenerate furries.

Also is it just me, or is Garithos basically the human version of Garrosh?

Yes you are, but unlike Kosak you seem to realize this.

Most of the faces and the female bodies look a bit fucked up post-WoD

Not as badly fucked as the leather-X female forsaken ended up though.

Well, that sounds like a pretty promising dirrection to take his story. Altough it does give me this hilarious mental image of Doomhammer sprouting legs and jumping into Deepholm while laughing at Thrall.

The furries are a plague, but it was great before it.

Yes. Sylvanas is cancerous as fuck, she's basically avoided being a raid boss this long by dint of the requirement that the Forsaken be a player race.

That said, we already iced one Horde tyrant. Maybe next expansion.

She wasn't even THAT bad till the Kossaklysm.

Sylvanas was an interesting character way back when

She had plenty of moments of weakness, and even showed compassion at some points.

Now she is a raid boss in all but in-game mechanics. All likeable aspects of her personality and story have been purged

This is true, it'd be nice if they switched his ass to decaf and made him choose one of the following:

1. Keep the Horde leadership as generally retarded, aggressive, and/or evil.

2. Keep the Alliance leadership oblivious and/or kind of ok with whatever the Horde does.

I still live with the hope that they'll make her well written again.

Like, keep her über aggressive traits but actually trying to keep it in check to protect her people, resulting in cold war with gilneas / humans.

i still hope for Saurfang to hijac the horde and rightfully bitchslap the undead out of existence, sylvanas is god damn terrible and so are the scourge.

>Also is it just me, or is Garithos basically the human version of Garrosh?
>Very militaristic
>[insert own race here] supremacist
>Not very smart
>Dies like a bitch

...You know, that makes a lot of sense. Expansion where AU Garithos creates the Iron Alliance and invades MU Azeroth when?

>Maiev is a fugitive at the end of Wolfheart after attempting to assassinate the night elf authority and successfully murdering many others

>With the new audio drama she's now commanding the watchers on the Lost Isles and was also the one to loan Cordana to Khadgar pre-warlords

Wolfheart completely and officially retconned, right? Hell, even Varian is dead now too.

>There are people right now who don't like the Forsaken being bad guys

For someone who wants to purge all things Knaak created from WoW, Blizzard is sure putting a lot of WotA references to Legion

I've been out of the loop ever since we learned that Sylvannas becomes Warchief and Varian dies.
Any place to read up on the new lore since then or anyone kind enough to sum it up?

Wowpedia. And mabye tv tropes.

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

>There are people here who don't realize that the only thing that makes forsaken even the slightest bit interesting is that they don't have to be bad guys

Working with others to further their goal Forsaken are best Forsaken

>>don't have to be
>>but almost invariably are

>There are people here who do not realize that the Forsaken will chillax once Lordaeron, all of Lordaeron, is cleansed from the traitorous living scum

What was Khadgar doing during Wrath, Cata and Mists?

Time travel meme parties.

Cleaning Karazhan after some assholes thrashed it and left raid boss corpses everywhere.

Now your kingdom has been burned down to the ground. By fucking bandits and ogre's. For shame.

I still think we should just give Lordaeron back to the Amani.

Poor Stromgarders

Stormwind falls before a mighty horde unlike anything the world had ever seen. Alterac was annihilated when it turned traitor against the rest of the Alliance, and was explicitly the weakest of the city nations to begin with. Lordaeron was beaten to the ground by a plague of undeath and even then only fell when it's prince turned traitor. Dalaran needed a demon lord to destroy it, Gilneas was destroyed by an insane lich queen and a hideous curse at the same time

But Stromgarde? Stromgarde, the heart of humanity, the inheritors of Arathor

Fell to bandits

Poor Stromgarders

>Lady Sylvanas
>Insane Lich Queen
You're gonna get plagued son

Kinda sucks how Blizzard systematically got rid of most of the Human Kingdoms to simplify things for WoW.

The year is 2003. You are sent back in time in put in charge of WoW lore development. Everyone will bow to whatever you have to say, as long as it won't conflict with gameplay of the game. The only things certain in lore are those, that were known back then. No thousands upon thousands of retcon. No Med'an.

How will you, user, make Warcraft STAY great still?

Keep Lordaeron around.

Actually go through with the orc genocide instead of keeping them around as pets.

Make Garrosh's decent into "evil" much longer and much better. Fuck old god corruption trash. He was willing to do what others could not. He was willing to secure lumber from ashenvale so his people would not be without homes.

Also his fucking 180 turn regarding honor was retarded. I liked him as a hotblooded warrior that valued honor.

Thrall during cataclysm was a mistake. He should have just retired at the end of Wrath to have a baby and do some earthen ring shit. Not any kind of world saving but just be an advisor.

Genn should never have become a furry. Sylvanas dies during Cataclysm. WoD was a mistake. More troll raids.

WoW, not Warcraft 3

Then bring it back. Lordaeron that is. Or make the Scarlet Crusade not dimwitted, dickless incompetents that get infiltrated by demons every second day.

Pretty much all the lore I want to change occurs in BC, not Vanilla

There's a few lore oddities in Vanilla, like Stormwind being a bustling metropolis instead of a hollow shell inhabited only by those too poor or attached to the past to leave, but overall I think Vanilla really works lore-wise

Lordaeron needs a king. Unless you want to pull a secret Jaina/Arthas babby out of your ass, it's just not going to happen.

Calia Menethil is still a thing. Have her marry - there's your king.

There's more than a few Lordaeron exiles, some of them have to be nobles. Any of those nobles could form a new royal family.

I agree

The scarlet crusade made great villains before it was revealed that they were being controlled by demons. They utilised the light and fought the undead, and yet were entirely wrong and clearly the "bad guys", it was great.

Then, like for so many other things, Cataclysm ruined everything

Knaak didn't create the War of the Ancients.

Make NElves and Forsaken two major unplayable factions. Keep Stromgarde from being ruined. Have you co-operate with them in the Plaguelands and such,

>playing ally
>ever
There's a special place in hell for human wave fans like you.

>Cataclysm ruined everything
That would be WotLK in that case, we learned the Scarlet crusade is lead by a dreadlord in WotlK.
Though I guess you could have said dreadlord be some sort of lesser evil to be used against the scourge.

>Lordaeron needs a king
Why? Why not a glorious Lordaeron republic? After all, the royal family has been kind of disappointing recently.

>playing edgelord mudhut niggers

Oh, right

Sorry, guess I'm just used to stupid shit originating in Cataclysm

Underrated post

Balnazzar was hiding as Datrohan since vanilla

youtube.com/watch?v=atN2Gk2jza0

I don't like the voice for Maiev, but this is pretty comfy.

>That would be WotLK in that case, we learned the Scarlet crusade is lead by a dreadlord in WotlK.
That predates WotLK, WotLK just had a second dreadlord take over the remnants.

Cata ruined it by having the exposed Dreadlord kill and raise most of the Scarlet Crusade members so they were just more undead in an already undead-heavy zone.

You realize it's all the same guy, right? The narrator.

Well. She might still be alive in the normal timeline.

You mean alternate, right?

The Highway of Hell was made in the main timeline