The halflings in your setting has been replaced with Inklings, what happens to your setting?

The halflings in your setting has been replaced with Inklings, what happens to your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y90bDDLO094
youtu.be/oSXnYdgutpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Comfy hobbits get replaced with trendy shapeshifters.
Sounds pretty cool actually. They now have a reason to be known as sneaks and thieves; rather than just being small and dexterous, they can easily flow through cracks and poorly sealed portals (plus the racial domino masks). They also have a reason to adventure (find hip fresh shit), and their weakness to water would be interesting in-play.

8/10 may steal.

these are all impressive points.

Especially if you could get your team to cooperate and help spread your ink throughout the dungeon.

>"Chieftan! The adventurers went this way!"
>"Stand aside Orgoth, your chief wants to claim their heads personally. NOWHERE LEFT TO RUN, HUMANS! And Elves and dwarves- Wait, isn't there supposed to be a fourth person with you?"
>"Chief, did you order this room painted recently?"
>BACKSTAB!
>"WOOMY!"

They also come with their own pocket sand ability.

youtube.com/watch?v=y90bDDLO094

they're kids now

THEY'RE SQUIDS

Why the hell does a race of squid people die to water anyway?

I fill them with my white ink, obviously

It becomes not my setting and I don't care about your setting.

Same reason a race of monkey people can't climb to save their lives?

Well, nothing. They don't exist in my setting.

Yeah but the difference here is that we don't explode the instant we touch trees

Ink dissolves in water.

We are actually good climbers. Its just that most of us are to fat to be good at it.

Second. I don't like this line of threads.

I haven't touched a tree in a while and won't be the one to prove your statement wrong.

My setting just became a helluva a lot sexier

Inklings are made of ink.

Especially OP

youtu.be/oSXnYdgutpk

How would you represent inklings In 5e?

I love tactical play (4e4ever) so I was thinking some sort of turf capturing special ability that lets your reroll range attacks and hide.

WOMB-Y

Actually that dying to water thing is only a game mechanic. They aren't harmed by it at all, they just can't swim because they sink.

I took a number of cracks at it some time ago. Eventually, I gave up giving them an 'inking' ability and just made them swim in water. It's a lot more simple to balance and can be used in play far more often without a bunch of mechanical wiring for something that would then feel out of place.
Now, I imagine 4e could actually facilitate it well. Racial feats and paragon paths could supply the abilities, and the game is very tactics/map focused.

I'm pretty sure Maria referred to it in dialogue in the introduction.

Nintendo isnt like naughty dog, they Rarely bothered to strap an in depth 'realistic' narrative on to a platformers shooter. If it's in the gameplay odds are it's part of story, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

Oh wow, pretty impressive work man, you got the fonts right and everything and even included the other lines to that song.

Won't be able to stop humming it now.

no one is going to send an official to your house and write INKLINGS in red pen through out your notes.

These threads are a chance to *explain* shit about your settings, dumbasses. Show off how you've taken common tropes and used them differently and also display how your setting would react to weird things, duh

> "Hey what do you think you would do if a elephant burst into your work?"
>"Well that would never happen so I'm not answering the question."

YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID

I typically have elves take the role of seafarers rather than forest dwellers, so they'd replace them more smoothly.

It's an interesting thought, I've already experimented with refluffing elves as sort of fishman types, so going with squids instead might be fun.

Octoling Drow?

>>The halflings in your setting has been replaced with Inklings, what happens to your setting?
Suddenly the whole setting feels.... ....FRESH!

I just want to say that this is glorious user, much appreciated!

> bloodborne
> not inkborne

Well, in my own OC Donut Steal setting it, halflings are an ethnicity/nationality of dwarves, so do they replace all the dwarves or just the 'halfling nation'?

Either way, from the stand point of the rest of the world, it's not the first time they looked oddly like marine life.

guess it should now be "squid-in-me"

Very well done, definitely saved.

I remember discussing that thread. All in all: if you could indoctrinate Inklings into the Cult of Imperium, they would make incredible IG squads.

>Drop ink bombs to coat a planet
>Inkling battalion drops in from low orbit and splash harmlessly into the ink
>Pop out from covered enemies and shank them with knives or shoot them point blank and vanish back into the ink

Link to that thread?

>>Pop out from covered enemies and shank them with knives or shoot them point blank and vanish back into the ink
>shank them with knives
>not brush them with inkbrushes
You are doing it wrong, inkings would never do that not even in 40k.

Awesome

4e would be able to handle it VERY easily, I'd say.

They gain phasing (Can pass through people/terrain) in 'Ink' zones and the encounter lays down an ink zone. Add a couple of racial feats to give more ways to do so and you get a race of sneaky fuckers. Not quite as good as halflings at laughing at defenders but they are highly mobile/tricky.

It's implied they can swim multiple times.
Swimsuits and pools both exist, for starters.

It becomes a popular on boards besides Veeky Forums, as well as becoming much more popular on Veeky Forums itself

I can be both a squid AND a kid now.

Uh, what if your setting doesn't HAVE halflings?

Then all the inklings in your setting are replaced with halflings.

Then if someone "gets an inkling" they instead "get a halfling"?
Fucking Sidereals.

"No need for fantasy races, different humans only" guy reeeeeetfo.
Don't take this seriously

Halflings are just short and hot humans.

S'okay, user. It's Anima, so that complaint is actually logical.

The examples given wouldn't add weird things, it replaces a part of it with a different part, thus making it different than original, thus making it not my setting any more.

It would be one thing if it was asked what would happen if a situation occurred. It's different if it just up and replaces something.

It's like asking the following : "all of the dragons in your setting are now sexy plant people what happens" when your setting has dragons as figureheads for each Peninsula of a kingdom. It changes things completely.

>here be Halflings/Dragons
>situation occurs
>here be Inklings/Sexy Plant People

It's not rocket science.
Now stop being an uncreative, lazy hack.

You don't seem to know what imagination is.

My setting has no halflings, so no change.
Gnomes are out as well. Blame Dragonlance...

It rains and they're incapacitated.

As it happens my party is currently adventuring through a bog so water water everywhere.

See, it's never 'situation occurs, what happened' it's 'replace things in your setting, with no explanation, what happens'. With that, nobody would react, and it would be a setting with something replaced not changed.

I'd be perfectly fine with it if someone said 'A curse has befallen all halflings in your setting, and now they have become inklings.' At which point the "halflings" would look for a way to change back. Like any sane race would do.

Then you make up an explanation, you uncreative, lazy and probably to some degree autistic hack.

Apples don't fall up!

They're really more like cherries.

>using the le epic autism meme, invented by a brit manlet cuck tripfag on /v/ in 2009
kill yourself

It was a serious assessment.

Autism

It was a meme invented by /v/, and all memes are wrong.

Kill yourself, /v/ memer, millennial, tumblrist, neo-liberal.

Pretty sure F84.0 was not invented on Veeky Forums.

It was literally invented by /v/.

How would prisons accommodate them then?

prison ships

Host splatfests in said prison. You'd have a hard time keeping the squids OUT.

>About to correct you that her name is Marie.
>Thinks.
>Gets harp instead.
"Oh what do you do, with a squid like Maria?"

it just got 30% cooler

Place them in a pit with the floor covered in their own ink, but with the walls covered with an ink-phobic substance. They won't be able to reach the grate above them, and even if they could, the ink-phobic bars would probably make it harder for them to slip by.

inklings would join the numerous other races in being a kingdom less race of vagabonds but I imagine inklings would actually be good. Oh the other side the entirety of a platuea is now free or at the very least less populated so I guess he Dragonborn will try and make a kingdom there and then have their curse fuck them out of it

>PARANOIA
>Halflings

It doesn't matter if they are Halflings or Inklings. They are Traitorous mutants, likely in league with the Communists. They will be summarily executed.

Enclosed domes with a grate at the very top.

I am now an Inkling rogue

And I'm an inkling artificer. Shit's gonna be awesome.

tfw no qt black inkling gf

That kind of sounds like one giant jizz pit.

Is there an actual outfit like that in the game?

Want.

...I change them back?
I mean, it's my setting, I can do whatever I want.
That said, fuck halflings.

This

>Inklings
wots that?

Something you don't have.
Ask Google.

They're probably water-soluble ink.
Grates above water. Inklings slip through grates if they go squid, and they can't ink grates enough to hide in them.

I'd imagine that these guys would be excellent sailors and swimmers due to them being squids.

Holy shit

That is fucking amazing.

Ok, what are the other races in Splatoon?

We got Inklings, Ocrarians, Jellyfish guys, Anenome people, Shrimps and Sea urchin dudes.

What mechanics do the others have going for them?

We just don't know

>backstab
>not backroller

Well this guy is clearly a gnome.

Nothing, because my setting doesn't have halflings

>Eberron now has trendy gangster inklings
>crazy dino riding inklings
>comfy as fuck inns run by inklings
>hospitals run by inklings

Octarians could be drow maybe? They're not orcs; they're too sophisticated for that.

Sea urchin dudes might be like half-elves. I don't know, but this is interesting to think about

pretty straight forward, you fall off, you die.Islands would also work.