>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

So how high is the chance to fuck up extracting an S2 organ from Angels and giving yourself one as pattern blue, assuming no out of jump perks?

And do we still have that in human form if we're a hybrid or avoid unfolding into full on Angel being?

And what the fuck would Lilith based Pattern Blue even do

The truth is, there aren't any certain answers for any of those questions.

The only time the first happened was when Unit-01, a Lilith-derived EVA, ripped out Zeruel's core raw and ate it. Seemed to go down smoothly enough. Unit-01 subsequently undergoes the most powerups of any EVA in the series and is the only one to eventually not require an umbilical cord for power as well as extend its' "wings" which may or may not be related.

Again, it's hard to say. Kaworu generated an entire sub-universe Reality Marble style while his AT-field fended off Shinji effortlessly while controlling another EVA to battle him-and Rei swept the field aside with a look, albeit while Shinji was trying to break through at the same time. But it's not clear if this is an innate property of them as the consciousnesses of Seeds of Life i.e. Adam and Lilith or an S2 engine; certainly neither ever visibly exhibits anything like the organ Unit-01 eats.

Give NERV a headache. Also probably retain higher thought functions significantly better than if you were a pattern blue and Evangelion was an early jump, in which case you'd feel very lonely, think about crawling up dad's ass a lot and might get confused by concepts like there being one spear more than you expected.

I see.

How about properly replicating a Spear of Longinus. None of that pseudo shit, nay. A full copy, perfect copy.

As for retaining higher thought process... Huh, didn't consider turning Angel or such might make your intelligence go down otherwise.

I was thinking Lilith based Angel would be able to have more than Secondary AT field or better manipulation, but it still has to be brought. Thought it will let me use external power sources but considering Bardiel and the technoorganic virus Angel and the last one before Kaworu, that still isn't right.

Honestly beyond higher thought processes there is not much incentive to go Lilith based.

You think just touching Lilith or Adam as pattern blue will cause Instrumentality or we gotta think about it?

Can I just say that I'm starting to go insane looking at my chain and all the spaces that need to be filled by jumps which I have no idea what to put in? I started out not having enough space for all the jumps I wanted to plug in, not I have no idea what to fill all the space with.

Why do Jumpmakers hate companions so much.

Im doing a forgotten realms jump and to import two persons with 500 cp each is 1000 cp total. 600 minimum to import anyone.

But Im stupid enough to still pay it.

FR is just a garbage heap of a jump though. Really, if you want to run around in D&D land, take Order of the Stick or Neverwinter, or Dragonlance, or heak even Ravenloft.

What jumps give total immunity from fate? Also, is there anything else in jumpchain like Death of the Author?

But I want to be a traveling merchant on the sword coast!

And possibly be a silver dragon wrymling. Thats a lot of drawbacks Im going to have to take though.

I've always read that as Lilith-based Angels being vastly more intelligent than anything currently on Earth than Adam-based Angels being lower than a human being in intelligence. Essentially, a Lilith-based Angel's AT Field is just as powerful as an Adam-based Angel's but its functions are more cerebral. Its defensive capabilities would be similar but instead of having mountain-disintegrating particle beams and laser eyes it'd have precognition and incredibly powerful telepathic abilities. Lilith-based Angels also have the innate power to divide their souls, essentially splitting themselves up into many concurrently running "programs" which are individually far weaker but can do many things at once. That's basically how Humanity works; it's actually Lilin, the Eighteenth Angel, running 6,000,000,000 separate programs simultaneously.

While I agree with that FR isn't the greatest, I will say that 600CP to import all your companions and give them 300CP to spend becomes increasingly attractive the more companions you have.

Think of the Pink Tide, how ridiculous would it be if they were all half celestial erudite STPs. That's the kind of cheese that import allows for, so it's actually pretty great if you go all in on companion building.

My problem is that I want to import only two companions, but I have to pay the full 600 and they still only get 300 unless I pay 400 more. That just silly.

Neverwinter will let you do the first.
Ravenloft then Neverwinter will let you do the second, apparently.

>how ridiculous would it be if they were all half celestial erudite STPs.
Ridiculous in FR and then pointless almost anywhere else because you still have active companion limits in most places.

Hey /JC/! How do you guys make a "character sheet"? Like a representation of everything your jumper is capable of?

I just type it up, with things broken out into stats and skills, with all the perks that buff them and any powers related to that stat/skill, along with alt forms or items that buff it. Then I list all my other powers broken up by categories (travel powers, object related powers, body enhancing powers, etc), all the items I've bought with CP, a list of typical equipment, then a section for general strategies in battle, nation building, and just regular life.

So does it mean I could divide myself into multiple avatars(Isn't that what Israfael did?) and multi-task or such by dividing my soul and brain power towards each task?

Tempting, not gonna lie. It's either brain power or physical power. Hm. What jumps offer such levels of multi tasking or brain power?

>All of humanity is one Angel
... Don't suppose we can do that sort of thing ourselves?

With enough training and melange, Dune can give you some damn impressive levels of multitasking.

So
I'm realizing I'm gonna have nothing for the 1000th just because of time constraints. Which fucking sucks because I honestly thought I'd have more time, god damn these threads go by fast.

Also, Humanity as itself lacks S2 organ.

Even if it was just one organ divided so each person gets a piece, that's still infinite power. And we could arguably gather together to combine effects of this, the more of us the bigger effects.

s2 organ in Lilin would give us WAAAGH

Dunno, ask the First Ancestral Race, it's their safety bolt. Except...you can't.

Not necessarily go down mind you; Angels are as sentient as any human, but the design of that sentience is alien and focused on a specific goal instead of having the ingenuity and outside-the-box thinking Lilim have.

I dunno either, like I said the only examples of Lilith-deried angels are highly irregular.

But yeah, pretty much.

And has to be touching.

Unfortunately individual lilim can't do it; what appears to happen is when the progenitor of the Lilim, Lilith aka Rei, is awake everyone's consciousness is subsumed into her's and she acts as basically a psychic hive queen to amplify and direct humanity's combined psychic potential. Of course, in EoE when this happens it's further complicated because it's implied whatever remained of Kaworu after death was also absorbed by Lilith because Kaworu shows up to advise and comfort Shinji, making Giant Naked Rei an Adam-Lilith fusion technically. Of course, another explanation is simply that the images of Kaworu were Rei/Lilith taking on a form comfortable to Shinji so who even knows? Shit be ambiguous.

I have two pastebins. It's out of date because I'm busy and pastebin is crap.

Off the top of my head-Viking Saga, Devil Survivor 2, Kingdom of Amalur and maybe Dune? Been a while.

>1000th
It still makes me laugh we're creeping up on that.

Merlin does.

By the way, hows the threat level and power scale on Merlin?

I have a document with my all my builds and some combos.

Devil Style from Medoka.
Narnian Time maybe.

>Devil Style from Medoka.
Wasn't that from DMC?

Ya see, I have all my builds written out and my adventures and all this stuff but I want to make a coherent representation of my jumper but I just have a hard time putting it all together.

Advice/tips?

Your thinking of Quicksilver style, which is immunity to time freeze/slow bs. And a pretty potent time freeze/slow power on its own.

You wrote Medoka, I thought Madoka and it's actually Medaka.

So fellow jumpers where do I get some master level sword skills?

Grimm don't have souls right? So what happens if I kill them and use Power of Dominance to claim their spirits as subjugate to my own?

Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter are two fun ones for "interesting" sword skills.

You eat foam, flavor and texture with no nutrition. Good job, fatass.

Well if they got no souls I imagine it'd be like trying to eat a soap bubble.

I thought the same, and so I went to look at that jump.
...Why is it so... lackluster? No real perks, just "you're a magical girl now, have some magical girl powers" and not really anything else.
>tfw not even purchasable golf clubs

Mushoku Tensei.
Take Swordsman Origin, Well Rounded, King Ranked and Divine Progenitor and you already start off at army-killer levels, with the potential to grow even further.

It's the spiritual equivalent of junk food.

It works because PoD is fiat and doesn't give a shit if a thing canonically has souls in its own universe or not, for the sake of its working the Grimm will have souls so it can claim them.

...citation?

I'm pretty sure you need a soul to eat a soul dude. By that logic robots and Dementors have souls too.

A late jumper could probably do that by hording the right type of perks. However, a generic jumper probably couldn't; Lilin is the direct descendant and heir to the power of Lilith, the bearer of the seed of knowledge and progenitor of all sentient terrestrial life. There aren't that many beings in-setting that can live up to that sort of legacy, bar other seeds of knowledge, their kin, and the First Ancestral Race.

Because it was made really, really early when we didn't have any standards. However, the author is gone now, as far as I know, so the rules of jumpchain say you can't replace it, and it would cause a lot of problems if you did.

Although... Don't we have a rule that says you can make jumps in the same setting if they cover stuff not covered by the original jump? Since the Madoka jump explicitly takes place before canon, could someone theoretically make a Madoka jump that covers the series and movies?

Honestly, there isn't a good answer there. It was an early jump before any concept of quality control was seriously thought about, and the guy who made it probably didn't bother to do much research.

Could I eat yogurt then, if it had live active cultures? It's "alive" but it doesn't have a soul.

I have two excel/calc workbooks.
One contains all the builds, and usually I just paste any writefagging in the relevant sheet.
The other contains the cumulative summary.

The summary has each perk/item/whatever on a separate line, with the perk name, jump number (position in chain), perk text, jump, and also category type and subtype.
Then I have a filter at the top, so I can display only perks tagged "body", or Type = "augmentation", Subtype = "wetware".

Black Bullet. Mantis.

Actually it was less of subsuming the Humanity as Lilith and more like resetting the Planet to possibly prepare for "New" Ancestral life, because it wasn't Lilith. It was Lilith+Adam hybrid in body and soul.

So it was what Angels were attempting to do with Adam, but caused by us and with both seeds. The hybrid wasn't collecting minds to act as hive queen, it was collecting souls as it is implied they can only hold and store them, not create new ones

Doesn't matter. Kill an inhuman creature and you can consume its soul. Grimm are inhuman creatures, whether or not they actually have souls in the context of their own setting means nothing, you will have the opportunity to claim its soul as you would if it were a monster in Castlevania.

By your logic PoD wouldn't work in any setting that doesn't canonically have souls.

True. It's more like Madoka prequel or Generic Madoka jump right now

Borderline case there. I...think that would technically fit the letter of that unspoken rule, and utterly trample on its' spirit given it's technically in the same canon, but at a different part of time

Anyway I'm obliged to mention the whole opening the floodgates risk at this point, but given the recent Naruto/Bleach autism I think that's pretty self-evident.

I would think it instead means that the only creatures it doesn't work on are those who canonically don't have souls.

But. But the things canonically don't have souls, dude. So you ARE arguing the perk should let you eat Dementors, robots and other explicitly souless entities. Okay then. The fanwank is strong in this one.

>PoD wouldn't work in any setting that doesn't canonically have soul

Well...yes? Obviously if it's not directly confirmed or denied I'd say it's a safe bet you can eat the souls those inhabitants didn't know were there but obviously you can't eat souls that don't exist.

So it wouldn't work on anything in Worm or any other deterministic setting? Fuck off.

Where/when was it confirmed it was an Adam-Lilith hybrid? I don't remember when any of Adam's seeds were absorbed.

But the thing is it only half fits the standard jump template, in addition to just being bland and empty.

How badly would I be shouted out if I were to make a new Madoka Magica jump?
inb4 crucified for even suggesting doing it

You can learn some pretty bullshit swordsmanship in One Piece.
Taking Three Sword Style will only get you started though. You'll have to train yourself up. (And probably deal with a pissed-off Zoro for stealing his style).

No. No, you fuck off.

What basis do you have to justify your position other than "I personally want to eat souls, regardless of whether said souls actually exist or not"? It's like you're complaining you can't enter the Warp in worlds that don't have a Warp.

Yeah, no. PoD will work on things that don't have souls, because they have souls in respect to interactions with you by psuedo-fiat as a result of having the perk. This discussion is over.

Well as I said it IS a borderline case and so I personally wouldn't object. I am more indifferent than in support of it per se though given, as I also said, the whole floodgates thing and the Bleach autism

>but at a different part of time
I feel it's worth mentioning that we have both Avatar and Legend of Korra, and those are the same world separated by time, though I can't remember if there was permission involved in that one.

Still, I think there are sometimes extraordinary circumstances where we can afford to carefully consider and discuss pushing the rules a bit, such as in the case of an obviously unfinished artifact jump.

And now we wait for people to ignore the "careful and thoughtful" deliberation part and start telling me to fuck off and accusing me of wanting to replace everyone's jumps.

Actually, Wildbow's statement on the existence of souls in Worm was something like "they exist in Worm just as much as they exist in real life."

So yeah, "doesn't work on things that canonically lack souls" isn't as sweeping a limitation as you'd think.

I'm in the same boat. Just concentrate on getting it out for 1111 or something if you need a milestone. Quads > Trips anyway.

>implying
Get out christfag. You do not have a soul.

>This discussion is over

That's not how discussions work and you don't have the authority to make that kind of ruling. Wait and ask Wild Card if you have to be a whiny cunt about it, but I don't see anything about "pseudo-fiat" written into the perk and until then I'm going to treat you like the raging imbecile you are.

You want to know something funny? If you said "I fanwank it as working etc" I wouldn't have said anything, but you pushing your wank on everyone else is fucking gross.

Also see , it's valid to say it works on people in Worm.

On the one hand, I see what you mean. On the other hand there's also the point that both eras have different driving narratives going on, which probably influenced that decision whereas the original PMMM jump was intended to be PMMM without having to worry about the whole death thing.

I'm still about it, though.

You're going to get shouted at, it's inevitable. A combination of shitposters who see an opportunity and people who believe that the rules need to be upheld in order to protect jumpchain are going to campaign as hard as possible to keep the jump off the drive. If you can make a damn good jump, however, then the problems would be minimized somewhat.

That said, I'd support you in this case since it's obviously a wip that got put in the finished folder.

Worm may or may not have souls, so for the purposes of consuming people from there they effectively do by fiat.
RWBY does have souls, and Grimm explicitly lack them, so you don't.

While there IS a christfag/troll in these threads (he's not as prominant as other shitposters and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's noted his existence) I think user's point is more that where souls aren't proven or unproven to exist, it's reasonable to assume they do and the perk works as advertised.

I thought Korranon got Atlanon's permission to make it.

No it isn't. There are no fucking souls in real life you fucking idiot.

That would be KOTOR and Wild Card and as far as I know there's never been an issue about either jump so I assumed they got each others' permission at some point.

Funny story, I was just reading something that could probably help out with this, maybe, Lilith based angel+S2 engine is spoopy as it is since it has both gifts, knowledge and engine, that as a start will help out.
Going back to what I was reading, SCP-verse created an extremely strong humanoid that through the use of like 10 SCP's in their "Olympia" project. They used SCp-158 which combines, edits and really just ficks with the natures of souls, to the point where the researcher after like 3 months created a person who existed in multiple planesby mixing the aspects of peoples souls, like even if their killed it only slightly weakens their existence. That was only 3 or so months of work, image like 10 years.

People are going to shout at and insult you if you make ANY jump, no matter what setting.
The magnitude of the incoming shitstorm depends entirely on the quality of the jump you make.
Offer up a really well made jump and people will likely accept it in the end after 2-3 threads of ranting.

Souls don't exist unless otherwise noted to exist or necessary for a perk to function, in which case all things that are alive, even if they supposedly don't have souls, will definitively have souls.

Even if it does inspire shitposting and doesn't make it on the drive, I'd still want to read it just because I like reading jumps.

Worm doesn't have souls because real life doesn't have souls, but PoD would work just fine there because in respect to the perk everything living has a compatible soul for the perks function, otherwise it wouldn't work in any setting outside Castlevania.

Prove it.

Oh, and cry harder. It makes it easier for people to dismiss you completely.

Well it's your word against the default assumption for hundreds of threads, so you'll have to excuse me if I refuse to let you dictate the terms of jumpchain for the rest of us.

>depends entirely on the quality

This.

Nobody whined about Generation Kill

Nobody whined about Elfen Lied

Phantasy Star Online got nothing but praise after that little goof with that one 100 CP perk was corrected.

Do not do this thing. If you do this thing, you will die.

But there's always Oriko, Tart, and Suzune, as well as the Demon timeline

>I'd still want to read it just because I like reading jumps

...oh jesus.

Look. It's not your fault and I know I'm going to sound coy as fuck because I can't in good conscience explain it more than I am but-what you just typed reminds me of a dilemma I'm agonising over and I'm a little drunk and I feel like I need to tell someone. Made worse because I can't get into contact with the person I need to in order to sort it out one way or the other.

And for the record-the issue has nothing to do with lewdness or SB, it's something else.

>default assumption
The default assumption is that any reference to souls in jumpchain is independent of any other mention of souls because every setting's souls are different. Every jump that has souls has given you another one, not updated your old one with new shit. You have like 20 different souls now, all with different shit.

Any perks that interact with souls assume everyone in every setting you go to has one of those souls, so all the people in the jumps you go to, if you mess with their souls they would turn up as having 20 different ones too. That's what psuedo-fiat is.

So what's the strongest metal that I can mass-produce with SupCom nanotech/Star Trek replicator tech, /jc/?
I need a material for the endoskeletons of my mass-produced army-killing super Terminators.

You need to back that claim up. Wildcard went archive trawling to prove Dresden wasn't complete, and he still got a shit tsunami.

Does anyone mind posting their Changeling The Lost build?

Get Artificial Alloys (ANNO 2070) and it can be pretty much whatever you damned well please.

Also,
>unfalsifiable statements
Prove I'm not jump-chan. If you can't, that means I really am jump-chan. You can't.

Replicator can't produce any metal which doesn't exist in Star Trek, so whatever the strongest metal in Star Trek is.

You're not Jump-chan because I'm Jump-chan. Unless you're also me, in which case I thought I agreed to stop existing at multiple times in the same timeline.

Use a mix of Endbringer material (Worm, you'll have to collect it yourself), Necrodermis (40k) and an adamantium and vibranium alloy. You might need to use something like the darkstar generator or minecraft EE to get enough materials for the endbringer stuff. I think SCP also has a strong as hell tree you can buy.

>people

This is the key issue you're missing, faggot.

Grimm.

Aren't.

People.

That's why you can't eat them with the perk. Eat Cinder? She'd probably go down spicey but sure. Eat Ruby? Use the scythe as a toothpick. But as people have been trying to get through your thick skull, Grimm in RWBY are explicitly singled out by canon as not having a soul to eat.

I don't even know why I'm continuing to respond to you. There's clearly nothing to be gained here.

Oh, and this is easy peasy.

You haven't sent me on a multiverse adventure.

Jump-Chan's defining feature is sending the Jumper on a multiverse adventure upon reading the pokemon jumps pdf; since "the Jumper" is defined as me, the individual reading all these jumps, I can clearly determine I have not been sent on a multiverse adventure after reading the pokemon jump pdf. There is no possibility you have sent another individual in my stead, because the other defininitive assumption of Jump-Chan is there is only one jumper because in the days of yore it was agreed potatoes were disallowed.

Thus, you are not Jump-Chan. You will never approach the perfection of Jump-Chan

Gendo had Adam embryo implanteD in his hand. That's why Rei took his arm. It was in directors cut of the episodes

Also how does one become a true Fae in Changeling The Lost?

What's the most exotic material Star Trek replicators can realistically handle anyway? Given whacky Q shenanigans I honestly don't know whether trying to make Endbringer material with one is kind of like trying to make steel with a cotton candy machine.

This is a Jump, and you took a 600 CP drawback that locked all your powers, removed your companions, and erased your memory. I'm only telling you this because I feel sorry for you.

As a guess, you made a jump of a setting that already has a jump?

I don't know about making a new one for the period after the existing jump.

Basically everything we know about how the world works with witches and soul gems and Incubators only covers the universe up to the point where Madoka creates the Law of Cycles. The existing jump covers this period okay. Not great, sure, but okay.

Then there's a period after the Law of Cycles, but until the birth of Devil Homura. We don't know a huge amount of info about this period, other than they're fighting wraiths or nightmares or something, and Witches never come into being.

And then after Devil Homura, we know basically nothing, only that there's these new things called curses around the world, and Homura says the Incubators are still needed to control them.

So really, if anything, there's just not enough material to base a new complete jump for the post Devil Homura universe off.

Replicating Endbringer material is easy. It's very fragile and not very useful, though. Not unless you layer it countless times in countless dimensions and then have them all exist in the same time and space.

Endbringer material is just super dense crystals. Or it's crystaline in nature at the very least. So if startrek has crystaline minerals (it kinda has too, pretty sure their big lasers wouldn't work otherwise.) you just need to find a way to compress the shit. Honestly you're better just using minecraft EE to do it.

Boy are you fucking stupid. You can only eat non humans with PoD, so only non humans actually have souls in respect to it. Basically, with PoD, Grimm are the only things in RWBY that actually have souls.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to use Artificial Alloys to reproduce Vibranium from the Marvel jump and use that.

Well if you're going the route at least use Arctic Vibranium for the weapons.

Having Power of Dominance enforces the existence of castlevania style souls in inhuman beings in other jumps. Whether or not something has a soul in its respective universe, when dealing with perks and interactions with a jumper who has a perk that assumes souls exist, than they exist, regardless of the setting's own canon. That's fiat.

Oh. OH. I'd forgotten about that. It's all coming back now.

Drawbacks: A World of Darkness, Interesting, Red Badge Target, Glamour Addiction, Goblin Scorned (1600).

Free Pick: Sydney, Australia. .

Drop-In.

Free Pick: Sydney, Australia

The Elemental Seeming, Ask-wee-da-eed

Glamour (Free).
Clarity, Wyrd (free).
Hollow (1400).
Oneiromancer (1300).
Pledgesmith (1000).
Expert Talecrafting (600).
Pact-Binder (0).

You know the Hangover movies? Those were basically my stay in Changeling. A bunch of people goblins were pissed off at me, I really needed a drink and none of the Courts wanted anything to do with me because I kept bumping into True Fae who'd clap me on the back and ask me when I was coming back.

It turns out I became a Changeling because in between jumps the True Fae offered to throw me and my wife the greatest anniversary honeymoon party ever. And I got WASTED. You know that Norse myth where Thor was tricked by Utgard-Loki into trying to drink the entire ocean? I'm pretty sure at one point I was challenged to drink Arcadia on a dare and well...suffice to say I didn't succeed.

I'm still not sure what the hell Mike Tyson and that tiger were doing in my Hollow, though.

10 Wyrd 0 Clarity. The process also involves you dying too, your human soul ripped out and replaced with Arcadian energy.