Warhammer 40k General

From my point of view, the Imperium is evil edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Previous Millennium

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/40k-breaking.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

abaddon was a good boy
he dindu nuffin
gotta launch mo crusades for a new pair of arms

why don't the gods just give him chaos arms?

No, it was not optional. It was an illegal action and he should have redeployed once traits were determined. As soon as he placed his servo-skulls, you should have rolled traits. Why did you delay?

Does the attached vehicle have to be part of the unit?

>I will live to see Abaddon sacking Terra and taking his rightful place as Dark Emperor of Mankind

Feels good. You guys dank meme while you can.

Abbadon seems like the Hillary Clinton of chaos to me.

>So anecdotal evidence?
Not.exactly events actually indicates popilarity better than few small LCG.
>The models are awesome, but that says nothing about AoS as a game.
It says about popularity Age of Sigmar as product, which means AoS was a large success. Which means ET for 40k more probably will be good as it was good for fantasy.

>loser gets irrationally mad at armless memes
what a time to be alive

>winer
>loser
Wut?

I'm happy about your upcoming Deathwatch book, I really am. This will be your sixth loyalist marine codex, will it not?

abbadon is malekith reloaded?

>Do I fit in guise?!

That's the saddest part.

Kinda.

No hot mom doe.

Cultists are the greatest thing to happen to CSM since 3.5 codex

>Nobody talking about this?
belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/40k-breaking.html

Is it the long-awaited AoS reset?

>sanctus reach
>turn based strategy game
>featuring online multiplayer
>ranking systems
>point buys
>only space wolves and orks.

>>Nobody talking about this?
>few last threads about Rhana Dandra and Ward

>Linking BoLS unironically
>Believing any shit that is posted there

There is no "AoS Reset" for 40k coming and if it was it wouldn't be "long awaited"

Stop forcing this shitty topic.
It is literally in every fucking thread.
Example: Last Thread

And daemons.

>There is no "AoS Reset" for 40k coming
Source?
>if it was it wouldn't be "long awaited"
Nope, it will save 40k.

>Source?
GW Likes Money

How about you give me a good and credible source it is coming since you want to talk about it.

>the discussion police guy has shown up again.

>source?

there isn't one, but there isn't a source for an AoS reset either

I don't see an army list thread, so I will ask here.

What do you all think about this latest sternhammer list?

Lysander will roll with the conclave, do you think the devastators need a transport?

Considering GW has explicitly stated that 40k will not be sigmared, and that every reliable rumormongerer has also stated that GW does bit plan on sigmaring 40k, it's safe to say that GW will not be sigmaring 40k. we'll probably see the daemon primarchs back, and maybe see some of the loyalist ones back, but that's about it, and that's purely to encourage people to buy the FW stuff.

All this eldar shit means fuckall, it has to with the fucking deathwatch codex. And unless you're orks, nids or blood angles attempting to completely cleanse a space hulk, you always win in your codex.
What will most likely happen is that eldar attempt to start the end times, and then death watch stops it.

>Nope, it will save 40k.

40k is beyond saving. The fluff has been watered down to the point where it's a bare shade of what it once was and the rules are beyond the point of collapse. And GW's current stable of writers are in no way skilled enough to fix this. AoS stands testimony to that.

>GW Likes Money
So another reason for Age of Emperor.
>but there isn't a source for an AoS reset either
Yeah, but we have confirmation of End Times.

>but we have confirmation
this is what happens when you take the proofs out of the meme image

>Considering GW has explicitly stated that 40k will not be sigmared
Again post source please.

you have confirmation of story progression of 2 factions, nothing more nothing less

Do we count the white dwarf one for SoB?

>Yeah, but we have confirmation of End Times.

The claim is, 8th edition will be streamlined, but it won't be AoS tier streamlined. The "Age of the Emperor" isn't happening, but the 'End Times' (Times of Ending) will happen. Except this time, the Primarch's will return and the Daemon Primarch's will get models. This is happening basically to make the FW models 40k useable.

>events actually indicates popilarity better than few small LCG.

No they don't. Just because an event's 60 slots fill up does not indicate anything except there were at least 60 players interested. You don't know if there were only 60 interested, or 600.

No one at my local stores plays Age of Sigmar. No. One. And I won't touch it because I think it's ridiculous. If people want fantasy skirmish, they do War Machine, which is going strong.

>Rhana Dandra
>meme
seriously?

As a 30k player with a crush on dorn, this pleases me.

As a total noob who sees all the fighting over AoS, this concerns me. I hope the army I just got for 40k isn't obliterated.

Let me give you some advice:
Anything posted in clickbait of lost souls isn't worth your time
If you need to visit, first use adblock.
Then avoid any post with CAPITAL WORDS, "Breaking", "Confirmed", and anything posted by the site owner larry.

You'll find better, more detailed information in these fucking generals 99% of the time about upcoming releases.

I really hope GW shuts down the click-bait, it just doesn't help anyone. Would also lessen the "Meta" list bullshit because it wouldn't give the tourney fags a public echo chamber.

No, that's the dinobots. At least they're something new and unique to the codex. Cultists are just massively overpriced bulk infantry. Space Marines have access to the same thing except vastly better thanks to IG allies.

>Nope, it will save 40k.

You're on fucking drugs.

>eldar prophecies
>accurate
seriously?

Lets all go look through the archives of this week so we can see this exact same thread's future.

Don't get meme'd on. Your models will still be playable and nothing stops you from playing older editions with friends.

Our FLGS just got a email from GW about a new campaign box.

>1) Warhammer 40.000: Death Masque (DM-04) - In verschiedenen Sprachen erhältlich - Preisvorteilige Kampagnenbox - 208-seitiges Softcover-Regelbuch für WH 40.000 - 40-seitiges Softcover Death Masque Heft mit Hintergrundinfos, Missionen, Data Sheets und Regeln für die Miniaturen in der Box - 29 Miniaturen: Deathwatch Watch Captain Artemis (NEU) - Eldrad Ulthran (NEU) - 1 Deathwatch Upgrade Rahmen (NEU), um normale Space Marines in Deathwatch Space Marines umzuwandeln - 5 Space Marine Vanguard Veterans (Expugnatorgarde) & 1 Space Marine Ehrwürdiger Cybot - 12 Harlequin Players (Troupe), 1 Harlequin Death Jester, 2 Harlequin Skyweavers, 1 Harlequin Voidweaver - 1 Harlequin Transfer Sheet VK 125,00 €

Basically, Deathwatch vs Harlequins led by Eldrad.
New stuff includes Eldrad, Captain Artemis and a Deathwatch upgrade kit.
Also, a campaign book with datasheets and formations.
Sadly, no attached pictures.

Elves was pretty accurate abou Rhana Dandra

It happened. So it is accurate. The Rhana Dandra started. The outcome is in flux now.

But lets focus on the fate of humanity, the main rulebook says that this is the last days of the Imperium. Whether it leads to eternal damnation or glorious ascension is unknown.

that's cool but also unrelated

>Anything posted in clickbait of lost souls isn't worth your time

I've read plenty of worthwhile things on BoLS and while I would appreciate a better source of wargaming news I disagree that its worth anybody's time to pour through hundreds of subjective anonymous opinions on an image board like this.

>Then avoid any post with CAPITAL WORDS, "Breaking", "Confirmed"

I do have to agree with you there though.

I don't spend all day reading every refreshed 40k general but the last one I read yesterday was chock-full of other people complaining about 40k and wishing it had an AoS reboot.

-again, the obvious flaws of an anonymous message board are clear.

>YET ANOTHER game you can use daemons in
>As well as 40k, Fantasy, AoS, 30k...
Another victory for the dark gods, how can mortals even compete?

Not everybody spends all day 24/7 on every 40k general keeping tabulated records of the current opinion of who is online at that particular time of day.

>Your models will still be playable and nothing stops you from playing older editions with friends.

EXACTLY THIS

Jesus, you drama queens need to lighten the fuck up.

I've followed 40k since it's inception. I bought Rogue Trader. I had the White Dwarf where the Imperial Guard Army list was first published back in 1990 or whenever. I had solid pewter Space Orks with mohawks. Been around a while.

After leaving the hobby for ten years circa 2007, I was drawn back in by 1) the rules embracing a level of complexity similar to the old days, and 2) the embrace of 40ks fluffy heritage re: Eldar corsairs, knights, mechanicum. Integrating the most popular FW elements (like flyers) helped a lot too. HH is icing.

You're crying about the very things that brought me and my wife into the hobby. "Wah, they're killing 40k." Kid, I watched 40k born. They've done no such thing.

You sound like a stupid, spoiled child whining about change and making grand pronouncments based on your feeeeeelings.

God damn.

Aside, prime reason I left the hobby was that Warhammer was full of whiny little snotlings I got sick of having to be around at my local store.

>No they don't.
But they are, how many fantasy players was in your region?
>And I won't touch it because I think it's ridiculous
Stay salty, but it won't changed Age of Sigmar popularity.
>If people want fantasy skirmish, they do War Machine, which is going strong
But they going into AoS for good models and fluff.

>and nothing stops you from playing older editions with friends.
Top fucking kek.

That wasn't true for fantasy.

As soon as AoS dropped all the local stores banned it in stores and the other option was to rent a room which no one wanted to drop money on while 40k was still free.

that's right, they also burned my books in the parking lot while they sacrificed small children who uttered the fantasy battles name

>all the local stores banned it in stores

Jesus christ I didn't even know that. I have never seen AoS in my FLGS but they just concluded a 6e fantasy campaign with 8 players.

>But they going into AoS for good models and fluff.

Except for me. And everyone I know. Weird.

>AoS popularity
Lol. See above.

This is a terminal case of fanboiness. "The things I like are popular and great! And if you don't like it, you're 'salty.'"

What's the point of playing 40K anymore when Tau/Eldar/Necrons basic troops can rape your entire army? It's like playing chess except you only get pawns while your opponent gets an army of Queens.

Epic, dude, simply epic.

They destroyed my books with TRAINED PIGEONS, isn't that random?!

>campaign box
Well, so much for Eldrad being part of the 40k Endtimes, I suppose.
Still, seems like a solid deal.

my LGS is a GW and is supposed to have this rule aswell, if the manager knows someone is coming to inspect the store that day he won't allow fantasy to be played that day, seems like a top down decision as always to push more sales

Play daemons, summon three times as many pawn as they have queens then destroy them in glorious melee.

>It's like playing chess except you only get pawns while your opponent gets an army of Queens.
Perfect analogy for the current edition of 40K.

40k rules are shit. Way too much of the complexity is tied up in shitty formatting and garbage design. Things that should be easy and intuitive aren't, and things that require more elucidation are left vague and unhelpful.

Flyers and Knights (Super Heavies) are both a pox upon the game. 40k is desperately in need of a hard divide between a skirmish level set for sub 1500 and a 1500+ Apocalypse level rule set. Let the Knightfaggots and Flybabies congregate in their retarded 28mm log-jammed parking lots while people that actually want decent gameplay can play games where every model actually matters.

Csm are battle brothers with renegades and heteros, so they have even better guard than the guard do.

>Except for me. And everyone I know. Weird.
Guess what? None here cares about small minority.
>"The things I like are popular and great! And if you don't like it, you're 'salty.'"
Well it's true in case of AoS-WHFB.

who needs hot-mum when you have emprah-dad?

>play daemons
>either run FMC's and psychic powers and have everyone complain about how cheesy and unfun your army is
>or run shitty Khorne/Slaanesh builds that just get shot to pieces in the middle of the table
Christ, the local Tau and Dark Angels players have even started agitating against Nurgle thanks to the Tallybrand.

I play with a group of people who aren't fags.

I wish the local WM/H and Infinity players weren't fags, but no store's perfect.

Sorry but you're full of shit.

I've been playing since Space Crusade in 1992. I've seen the number of rulebooks and accessories required to play a match go up and up and up. What used to be manageable with one book and a quick reference sheet has turned into an autist's wet dream of charts and table consultation. At my local clubs before I packed in 40k last year I would always see long interruptions to consult rulebooks and other players multiple times during every match, every week.

Sounds like you're the typical old white middle-class slightly overweight ManGeek who would really enjoy a spot of Bolt Action before your evening game of Canasta.

>Aside, prime reason I left the hobby was that Warhammer was full of whiny little snotlings I got sick of having to be around at my local store.

Cancer confirmed. You fit the profile perfectly for the modern toxic player.

>Renegades and Heretics
>better than Astra Militarum
U wot, m8?

That doesn't change that cultists are overpriced, ineffectual garbage whose only strongpoint is being cheaper than the overpriced, ineffectual Chaos Space Marines.

maybe in your hyperbolic little drama-world but nothing of the sort happened near me at my stores or clubs.

yes it counts.
however its not the codices that make one sad, its the lack of models. the last model came 2004(Immolator) AND ITS GONE WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT!

Cos all you have to do is simply BUY the right army at the right time. Simple user.

>40k rules are shit. Way too much of the complexity is tied up in shitty formatting and garbage design. Things that should be easy and intuitive aren't, and things that require more elucidation are left vague and unhelpful.

Exactly. There are so many stupid rules and oversights which have failed to be tweaked or updated EVERY. SINGLE. EDITION.

Can confirm. My local GW banned fantasy when the general's handbook released.

Then you've got the times when rules have actively regressed between editions. Like how to handle multiple levels of ruins. And TLoS.

>doesnt care about minority
>his evidence before was about a small tournament selling out, which probably has less than 100 people in it

WEEEEW
E
E
E
E
W

Well that makes you luckier than me.

And units with armor / invulnerable saves in cover = one roll.
So we're assuming the bullet goes through the 4+ window, and penetrates the 5+ psychic barrier but is stopped by the 3+ armor first?

Poor thing. The conspiracy is out to get you.

>small tournament selling out,
>Nottingham event
>small tournament
kek
But it's nice that you meantioned it, because on 2015 ETC WHFB sectiion contained only 8 games.

And maybe it had 10000 people in it, what do you say to that you smug lump of shit?
>tfw 40k is being driven out for AoS
Mmmm, feels so fucking good that beardy fucks like you are going extinct.

Is there any race in 40k that plays like Skaven do in WHFB? ie dirt cheap war machines, units that can potentially wreck face but also kill themselves, lots of fast low armor dudes

dark eldar would be the closest, though there isn't much unpredictability

Probably Chaos Daemons, since you roll to see the warp weather forecast each turn

Being able to roll all three kinds of saves would make a lot of shit nigh impossible to kill with shooting

When did I say anything about a conspiracy?

Jesus dude, you're so hostile, what's wrong with you?

>And maybe it had 10000 people in it

yeah but it didnt, did it? so keep shilling

>warhammer world

gee, it must be really convenient that games workshop would push for lots of new product games at their own venues, can't be because they want to advertise it, noooo

Chinaman is your friend.

Piracy is a problem of service. If your service suck don't be surprise when people pirate.

(I know people will pirate even if it comes with a complementary blowjob from their crush for a dollar)

>yeah but it didnt, did it?
Few thlousands, on AoS event. Looks pretty solid.

>shill
He ACTUALLY believes people are paid to push AoS online.
I would link /AoSg/ to your post to laugh but we're having an actuall discussion about the game so I won't interrupt them.

Chaos Deamons, part of me want to have a Tzeench summoning spam army just to fight people that go full waac in casual games.

Oh you are brining 9000 stormsurge, wriathknight, wraith decurion, librarians bullshit to a friendly casual game?
Ok then, wait while I deploy while I deploy while deploying in the psyker phase you asshole.

>he thinks you have to be paid to be a shill

>999.M41 CHAOS ASCENDANT

>Abaddon the Despoiler launches the greatest invasion of realspace ever seen. Ulthwé has waited long for this moment, and leads the craftworlds to war. The Eldar cause horrific damage to the Chaos Space Marine Legions on dozens of worlds, suffering untenable casualties in their turn as the minions of the Great Enemy fight back. The death toll rises ever higher, with no end in sight.

So you guys doubted that Abaddon commands a force that dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded. Well, the Craftworld codex confirms it. Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade is the largest Chaos invasion of real space ever seen. The HH is nothing compared to it.

Didn't mean to link to the other post.

>units wouldn't just be getting yanked from the table by the bucketful in order to enable bigger games and incentivize big showpiece monsters
Sounds fucking good. Sign me up.

The problem is that people get salty as soon as they hear "psychic spam." Even if you roll on nothing but Tzeentch and just spam Witchfires with the occasional Divination Blessing, people will grumble.

So his force is getting spanked by the eldar as well as the imperium?

Hey I would just do it against known waac, and tournaments where cheese and waacfagging is pretty much mandatory.

Also how many models would I need to pull the summoning spam? Keeping a Tzeench theme.