MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Alt artwork of Thalia edition

Previous thread: RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/
deckbox.org/sets/776132
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-08-16-phenax-edh/
magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/kaya-ghost-assassin
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/anafenza-the-hatemost-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hungry-hungry-prossh-os/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragon-linebacker-corps/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Legendary Creature - Humaler?

Has anyone else ever tried a deck with him?

I rarely get to play, so I have only one game of playtesting.

first for pls don't bully my value engine frog

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/

I'd really appreciate feedback and opinions on this deck guys, it's pretty unbelievably fun in casual EDH when things go even a bit right but it's only ever seen by the same people in my play group.

>2400 views
>6 comments
>JUST

ProxyGuy, let's talk business
mtgtganon // [email protected]

Saffi is the cutest. She also appeals to my general with cmc three or less fetish.

Anyone here ever try her? I'm not looking for suggestions as there's a lot out there already, just if the deck was actually fun to play, with or against.

Is the infinite loop with Sun Titan all there is to most of those decks? I'm not much of an infinite conbo guy.

He's mean! You drew 8 cards last turn!

You get comments? I think out of the twenty decks I've posted, I have one comment.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/
You have to drop a hint that you are a gril

Ill bully anyone filling their graveyard and playing lands.

Sun Titan, Karmic Guide, Reveillark, Angel of Glory's Rise, the list goes on forever. Also you get Living Plane/Nature's Revolt/Kamahl+Elesh Norn. She's super combo-centric, one look at her ability makes that painfully clear. If you like cute GW generals

noncreature spells cost one moo to cast

>tfw at a complete loss for what to build next
Fuck, man. I just like planning and building too much. So many play styles, so little time

Some more proxies.

What do you have I can make some suggestions.

Fair. I actually had a Selvala deck before, it was fun and cute as hell (open information.dec, as I called it). I am pretty sure I won a grand total of one game with it over her surprisingly long career. I ended up having to butcher her to build Dromoka (mainly for lands).

I'll try her again, I feel. I just need a better mechanical theme. Fertile Imagination and whatnot is a lot of fun, but there's only so many cards like that.

If you're going to continue to make the OP, please refrain from using atls or proxies. It just causes way too much sperging, it's honestly not worth it.

I built him and I have a friend who built him, so I've both played and played against it. He's a medium power commander. Your gameplan needs to be more than just milling people out, though there are some neat things you can do like pixis of pandemonium or windfall + sphinx tutelage + consecrated sphinx. What does your deck look like user?

said, I'd love to give you some suggestions. I'm a stompy aggro player who just ventured into weird blinky infinite combos, so I tend to have a pretty balanced outlook on things.

It looks like this:

deckbox.org/sets/776132
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-08-16-phenax-edh/

>crucible of worlds
10/10. I normally hate extended boarder bullshit, but that's pretty snazzy. It would be better with a boarder, but that's okay, do your think user.

Could you slowly make me an alt? I can send you some foil cards, I have about 2k from eternal masters/modern masters that aren't worth anything. I can even send you a foil copy of the cards that I would like an alter for, but that might be overkill.

i'm not the Veeky Forumsproxyguy user i just started making proxies 2 days ago. still not very confident in my skills

I can't quite grasp why anyone would give a shit about Fullart Fetches. They're not typically going to stick around and be admired.

i play a landfall deck i bounce them around and keep them in play for other purposes

You should make a Craterhoof, that bugger is $25 or more for a decent copy anywhere

for now i'm only doing the cards im missing for my EDH deck after im done experimenting with those i might do some other just to sell to pay for the decal paper and printer toners

That`s a spicy deck, you`ll have very little problem against any casual decks, but you don't have a lot of recusion so board wipes of your key cards might be a problem. I have a couple of suggestions for you, but you might know better than I do
>no consecrated sphinx
>I don't really get what Ludvig's Test Subject does
>you could probably run a Kuldotha Forgemaster and Blightsteel with all those artifacts, if you wanted to go have an alt wincon
>I like Sphinx's Tutelage better than mindgrind, but that's personal preference, pairs really well with a trepanation blade and a windfall
>King Macar was built for Phenax

I will check those out thanks, I only played really during RTR/theros block so that is the list of cards I know, aside from what I googled.

Oh one more thing
>urborg but no filth

My favorite syngergy in this deck probably has to be with eater of the dead

I did see some interesting choices, you have some good flavor in there, and your land suite is on point. Eater of the Dead fits your theme perfectly, I actually want to pick one of those guys up. Wall of Limbs fits the kind of flavor I like perfectly, I'm going to put one in my Ayli deck. All in all very well done, don't sweat it too much.

I currently have and have had these. I was eyeing Sydri and Alesha but I feel like they'd be similar to what I already have

Maybe something with green. I never build with green.

Suggestions for Mono Green stompy that only aims to beat people to death? I'm talking

>Giant Adephage
>Kalonian Behemoth
>Engulfing Slagwurm
>Craterhoof
>Primalcrux
>Avenger of Zendikar
>Soul of the Harvest
>Rampaging Baloths
>Mossbridge Troll

Probably with Nylea at the helm. I was looking through my cards and realized I have a ton of green fatties and some goodstuff (Primeval Bounty, Vernal Bloom, Genesis Wave, ect.) so I just want to BEAT PEOPLE TO DEATH WITH HUGE CREATURES

Thunderfoot Baloth
Siege Behemoth

Another user after my own heart. Who's your commander? May I humbly suggest xenagos, because he seems like exactly what you're looking for? If you don't want to run him, go on a basic land ramp theme with like explosive veg and the like.

That's a funny way to spell "counterfeit"

user, don't start this shit. Yes, you're technically right, no, no one cares.

I Prefer Lezav

Hell, if I could get an artist to do a full art of my phenax commander I'd love it.

What's the big deal of having a proxy when I already own the card?

He is in the deck, with a few substitutions the deck can be switched. What I do is change out for a lot more equips on lazav.

The big deal is it becomes a degenerate shitstorm where people bitch about proxies. I don't care strongly one way or the other, I just don't want to listen to people bitch.

Xenagos does seem fun, but he seems like he'd be real easy to win with. Just throw Grafted Exoskeleton on something big in the air and go to town, and even if you didn't do it that was swinging once with a 32/12 Moonveil Dragon is fun but not as much fun as I liek to have.

The Nylea deck has some decent ramp to it, I'd made an Azusa ramp deck before so I remember how to pilot mono green but it was more of a control deck. The card draw is actually pretty nuts for mono green Nylea, Good ol' Colossus of Akros + Soul's Majesty or Garruk, Primal Hunter never lets me down.

Rampaging Baloths/Primeval Bounty plus Elemental Bond or Garruk's Packleader (or hopefully all 4) is value town

So the Ruric Thar No Spells deck worked out pretty well- it needs a few tweaks, but I like the general direction of it.

I've got a few other projects lined up, so I'll take votes on which to do:

>GW Trostani, needs a rework to focus more on varied big-ass tokens
>UB Vela Unblockable Tribal
>Ghave Saproling/Fungus/I Swear Not Combo Tribal
>UW Ojutai Winter.dec

I prefer Oona

What are some quintessential cards for a Gwafa Hazid deck?

Counterfeit implies you're trying to pass it off as the genuine article. Nobody is going to look at those and believe they're the proper card.

You'd be surprised. WotC cracked down HARD on people that were manufacturing these "proxies", even the ones who were clearly saying "These are not to be confused with real cards and are not tournament legal" while selling them.

>Went to the mall last week
>New game shop opened in it
>Look at the singles selection
>some neckbeard behind the counter starts talking to me asking me what I play
>Say mostly EDH
>Asks what commanders I run
>Tell him Volrath, Korlash and Kira
>He responds "That's cool. I usually play Oona, nothing too bad"
>mfw

Willbreaker, Bribery, Dismiss Into Dream.

>all that mono-color
Jesus dude. You DO need to branch out.

Build hatebears. Sisay or Gaddock Teeg

Anafenza is the best hatebear commander.

I'm not sure what you're implying.

Bad because you feel that Oona sucks or bad because Oona is actually really damn annoying to deal with on occasion?

>so much monocolor
I thought this level of self-harm got you committed to an institution.

Azor's Elocutors for that flavor

Spirit of the Labyrinth to prevent people from drawing into answers

Probably the latter. I've never seen an Oona deck that wasn't just "infinite mana combo, Oona Cannon, I win".

I meant that he thought Oona was a very casual commander. That's my fault really as I didn't convey that properly through text

Listen, I couldn't decide between Volrath or Korlash so I just made them each a deck. they're both different enough to make it ok in my opinion.

To be fair monocolor is the most fun to build. There's a lot of restrictions (either your color doesn't have ramp, card draw, or removal) and finding roundabout ways of dealing with it is a lot of fun.

I rock three monocolor decks (Ixidor, Lin Sivvi, and Phage) and they're all a lot of fun.

I've lately been on a monocolor kick. It is relaxing. I usually recognize my deck is shit and then can just sort of coast through a game.

And lately I've been having problems finding and buying the usual set of lands for two or three color, soooo...

I'm sorry ;__;

My meta is not competitive at all so I can do well with janky bad bullshit

Why, because of access to black?

Gaddock looks pretty groovy. My group isn't big on noncreature spells though

magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/kaya-ghost-assassin

WE

Build Alesha. Win in a blazing fire of glory. Easy to cast, easy to build (Since she's a toolbox), and hits the ground running. she doesn't have much overlap with what you've got going on.

Personally I feel the opposite. Restrictions build creativity, but monocolor is less "restriction" and more "shooting yourself in the knees before a race".

Ah yeah, as someone who runs Oona I can understand that. Obviously she's much more devastating against monocolor decks

>go to local card shop to play
>guy challenges me with a monocolor Demon Tribal with Ob Nixilis as his commander
He plays decent into madness and I don't have any removal for it on hand
>set up my Phyrexian and Ashnod alter with only 3 lands to spare
>begin the milling
>mill his entire deck
>"pass turn," I say
>he continues to play anywya
>tell him he lost when he was unable to draw cards

He got frustrated and ended up looking up those rules on his phone.
>

Vorel is a nice green deck to build lets you do all sorts of crazy counter shenanigans he can generate infinite combos in about 12 different ways which is always fun and hard combo seems to be something you don't play around with too much.

For Anafenza, yeah pretty much, and having a graveyard hoser on a commander is so potent. Some decks can't be your commander alone and it's hilarious. You get access to premium removal (Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Utter End, Putrefy, Mortify), recursion (Karador, Meren, both Living Death and Exhume are busted with Anafenza), and tutors (Demonic Tutor mostly).

Also Ob Nixilis Unshackled is the most hilarious hatebear.

Here's my deck (list is a little outdated): tappedout.net/mtg-decks/anafenza-the-hatemost-1/

gross

>UB Vela Unblockable Tribal
My brother built that deck. It's not good.

I just like how monocolor commanders are especially unique in their effects. Two colors is perfect I think, it has enough restriction to be creative but enough versatility that you're not gimping yourself. Still, monocolor has some of the most interesting commanders, I just wouldn't advise building "mono-X goodstuff" because that deck will never be as good as a two or three-color goodstuff deck.

Three colors often blurs into this mushy goodstuff mess that's just a bunch of staples in those colors and some synergies.

I doubt it will be. I don't build good decks. Did you not see that I'm building WINTER TRIBAL and comboless Ghave?

I don't know if you have a very focused commander (sharuum or something similar) you can have a lot of synergy but then again your deck will be mostly artifacts.

Yeah, I feel that. My first deck was 3 colors and it just ended up being a thousand dollar pile of all my best cards with zero synergy. Since then I've taken to forcing myself to follow a theme of some kind to avoid that.

would be interesting if they allowed people to keep playing after all cards were gone in their library. Would take some pretty good tactics to still win

Oh yeah, it's you. I want to see that winter deck. I considered doing the same thing.

A "Final Stand," type mechanic would probably be interesting, yes.

The rule was created with the idea that, well, what happens if both players failed to fucking do anything?

Mill wasn't a thing at that point.

Post Zirilan.

It's... not great. I'm having to reach pretty far to fit the theme, and I haven't tested it yet.

>comboless Ghave
You're going to be really mad when you accidentally combo off.

Not necessarily, considering the only time it really comes up is with combo decks. It's very rare that someone just decks out naturally, and when they do they usually have enough board state that if it didn't kill them they could still win.

How do you 'accidentally' combo off with Ghave? I'm aware that it's possible to 'accidentally' put combo pieces onto the board, but I still have to USE them.

I mean the decks have synergy and whatnot but I just find it to be very goodstuff. Like "synergy" in the way Mulldrifter and Deadeye Navigator is "synergy." Like combined they're very good. Most of them end up being combo decks and having all three color combos get Commander products doesn't help either (since most of those commanders up being inherent broken and combo centric).

Of course this is all personally preference and I have won plenty of games with my monocolor decks so I'm okay with it.

That's what I meant. If you have cards that work with +1/+1 counters, you'll combo off, and if you don't, why Ghave?

If you put all the combo pieces on the board and don't use them, as an opponent I'd feel pretty damn coddled. Not the guy you're responding to though. It's just my opinion.

Great Oak Guardian
Pathbreaker Ibex
Terravore

I don't think you understand what 'combo' means. I mean that I don't want to put in shit like Ashnod's Altar and go "So, tap Forest, remove a counter to make 2 Saprolings because Doubling Season, sac one of them for 2 mana, use 1 of that mana to sac the other to put 2 counters on Ghave, repeat infinitely".

I won't put infinite combo pieces in.

At that point it's almost just disrespectful. Like "Oh I can win but I'm just gonna toy with you guys instead of going to the next game."

I mean if your combo is disrupted by spot removal or something and you're playing around it, that's fine, but if you know you can win, just win.

Man, back when I was building my first real deck, I built Bant Soulbond.dec. When I discovered Deadeye and Mulldrifter or Deadeye and Draining Whelk, I felt like the most clever mother fucker ever.

Oops.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hungry-hungry-prossh-os/

Shilling again since I didn't really get any feedback last thread. Constructive criticism, etc is welcome!

I'm NOT going to put the combo pieces in for that exact reason.

No but I think that's what the original responder was talking about, that it's almost incidental to find an infinite combo with Ghave.

Not if you intentionally leave out Ashnod's Altar.

Just posting your deck won't get you feedback. Ask a specific question about it. 'Do I have enough removal? What can I use against Derevi? I'm not sure about this creature...'
Without a prompt, it's just somebody's Prossh deck. Why would someone want to look at it without a question to answer?

Here

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dragon-linebacker-corps/

It's bad

Rate my decks and tell me what they say about me (other than that I am a disgusting blue mage.)

>Wizard tribal
>More counterspells than wizards
Sounds about right. Fuckin' wizards, man.

Cheers, mate! I pulled a Mirrorwing Dragon and I wanna pop it with Seize the Day for more dragon facefucking.

Well I did ask for criticism.
If I need to be specific, things like: Is the mana base fine? Creature lineup good? Anything stand out as good/horrible? Any obvious cards I somehow missed? etc

I don't know why you uploaded this but thanks for making me laugh

I need a Quicksilver Amulet but I'm happy with the deck so far. Dropping out a Scourge after you've gotten Utvara Hellkite and a couple others to stick is a magnificent way to end a game

>muh graveyard is sacred

I need to find a new group