Card Cases

So Veeky Forums, what do you carry your cards around in?

Pic is mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

kakapopotcg.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is like the third or fourth time you posted this. Just use a fanny pack.

Rubber band + zip-lock.

Just put it in my pocket. When I left the sleeves out they fit better there.

I have one ultrapro case and one case the sleeves came in that I use to carry my best two decks but I usually use plastic sandwich bags to hold them.

>bags of cards

Oh Veeky Forums, I love you guys.

Same. I bought the full size Piratelabs case, and then when they restocked the inserts you have pictured there I picked that up too. Carries something like 7 or 8 Commander decks double-sleeved, all my Planechase/Archenemy cards, plus room for my dice and shit. It's a really good bag.

I did the same thing. I bought mine early on and when they released the three row inserts, so picked one up. I love it. So much easier when you can just pick a deck from a line up and not have to rummage through a bag for the deck.

Also, I too have Planechase cards and I actually like it too. It's a nice change of pace ever so often. I especially like it in commander.

Yeah, it's a welcome change from what I did before. I started out just using deckboxes (Ultra Pro cheap ones at first, then the mana symbol boxes when I got into EDH), and then it got to the point where I'd have 2 Fat Pack boxes with 3 EDH decks each, then another 2 mana symbol boxes with a deck each, and then another mana symbol box with tokens, all in a messenger bag. It was irritating. Picked up the Holiday Gift Box for Ravnica, and that held all my EDH decks, but it was getting beaten up in my bag.

Why don't you just bring less decks?

After getting the large case, I don't know how anyone could fuck with bags anymore. I even bought one for my buddy and he loves the shit out of it.

Why though? I have a pretty large play group and regularly go to my LGS which has a shit ton of people. I much prefer having a large selection based on what anyone else is playing.

Honest answer, I like having a bunch of decks to choose from. When I go to the shop to play Commander I'm usually there for most of the afternoon, and I like being able to change decks every few games and having a lot of options.

Really? I thought commander decks usually cost around $200 each at minimum. Are you seriously lugging around thousands of dollars worth of cards?

You say that with some kind of incredulity like people at a coffee shop don't have an 800 dollar laptop and a 600 dollar phone on their person.

You can start off small and upgrade. My current EDH decks started out at around $30 and I'm upgrading them over time to get to that $200-300 range.

Isn't that thing like $60? I use an HP Laptop case that holds a dragon vault, a playmat (with tube), a leather hard drive case I use for dice, and two other standard size deck boxes

Yeah, around 60, but it's worth every cent if you ask me. It lies flat on a table so I can open it and grab exactly what deck I need, my shit doesn't shift around, the tray comes out so I can swap inserts easily. I used to do "laptop bag fulla boxes" and after this I'd never go back.

Not the same user, but I have a shitty all foil deck that's worth $900+ alone.

My cards are kept in a haphazard pile, in a large box, in my basement.

I keep my sleeved decks in a fatpack box (fits three sleeved decks + spin down counters and a small dice bag), for easy travel.

I desperately need a case to carry my decks around in. What do most of you guys use?
I especially need this for travelling

Prime example of throwing money away.

I have a messenger bag kind of backpack that fits my decks, my mats, my dice, etc. and has a bunch of pockets for organizing. My brother and I both play, but all the cards are at my place, so anytime we go to play I have to pack the relevant decks, which if we're going to play EDH can be upwards of six or seven decks.

Just out them all in a briefcase padded in foam.

tg is a board based on throwing money away.
Why do you even have hobbies if you believe this.
You should be spending your free time maximizing your ability for financial gain and minimizing your waste if you truly have that opinion.

The fuck do you care what other people do with their money?

He could have the non-foil version for a tenth of the price of that. But no, he decided he liked a slightly shinier deck and wasted over $800 on pumping it out. That's wasting money.

>Unsleeved Tarbernacle
THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

OP and another user have the Pirate Lab large card case with 3-row pockets. Should be about $70-$75 with shipping included.

I have 400 dollars sitting in my "Shit to make user Happy" account right now.

By your logic, if I bought 4 100 dollar foil cards, I am 'wasting my money' because I could have bought those same cards non-foil for half the price (very few foils are worth ten times the price of a nonfoil). So let's run with that- let's say I bought those cards at 50 dollars each, so I have 200 left.

I then go spend that 200 dollars on a long call with a phone sex line, or several Revoltechs, or some new parts for my PC, or dump it into Steam games, or a myriad of other things.

How is spending that 200 dollars on "different" hobbies not wasting it, but spending it on Magic is? It's my money. I'll spend it how I want.

That thing is sleeved, a perfect fit sleeve.

except its not, magic cards are very close to a liquid asset. He could easily post the cards on that deck individually on TCG player and in a week recoup around 80% of his investment.
Possibly even make money depending on when he bought/sold.

He also got enjoyment out of the process of building and playing the deck, which in his eyes was worth whatever financial cost her incurred.

I don't understand why you are so hostile to someone spending money on a hobby that they enjoy, yet you come to a board based on rather costly hobbies.

Do you know what and uses?

Actually, I had more than half the deck foil already. So, I decided to foil out the entire deck. I probably spent only $300 on the deck total. It's just worth $900+ at the moment.

>very few foils are worth ten times the price of a nonfoil)
Every foil basic land ever disagrees with you.

And it is WORTTTTTTTTH.

Not the same user. Perfect fits are meant to be the inner selves of double sleeving. Do this.

It's one of the few things I double-sleeve.

Okay, a dollar versus 10 cents. You've got me there.

Let me rephrase that: Cards that are worth more than a fucking dollar usually do not see a tenfold increase in their price when foil.

>only double sleeves one card out of a deck
So, you're cheating.

Counterspell disagrees with him also.

>So, you're cheating.

The innersleeve is so thin and snug you can't feel it.

If you're double-sleeving one card in a deck, you have to double-sleeve all of them. Only double-sleeving certain cards is Marked Cards.

I got them from Ebay, but i'm fairly sure it's this lot

kakapopotcg.com/

are you the sleeve police or something?

I don't play competitively, and none of my friends have ever demanded a deck-check.

Also I've not played the Tabernacle in ages - I've switched to pauper.

No, I'm the guy who expects people to play by the fucking rules and not go "DUUUDE CALM DOWN IT'S NOT LIKE WE'RE PLAYING COMPETITIVELY"

You can't tell the difference between a double sleeved card and a single sleeved card if they all use the same outer sleeve, unless you're holding the thing while holding other single-sleeved cards. Stop being a sperg.

ok.

buy me extra sleeves then.

If you can tell the difference at all, ever, without looking at the front, then you can tell the fucking difference.

Go ask gA.

Actually this user here is correct. If you look at the top of the sleeves, you can clearly see the only double sleeved card. And it is considered cheating. Don't be poor, just double sleeve the entire deck and get the appropriate box to fit it in. Preferably a satin tower. They are pretty nice.

100 Perfect Fits costs 6 fucking dollars.

It's people like you that are ruining the Magic community

Are we showing off chase cards?

>Expecting people to play by the rules is ruining the community

Not even. More like $4 and some change.

Stop wagging your dick around.

Some of my playgroup's decks are not even sleeved
When I'm missing a checklist card, I just slip a land in the sleeve to hide the back

I like how you made sure it was blurry enough so they look like Beta cards and not like the FBB and Collector's Edition cards they are.

>Expecting someone to double sleeve their entire commander deck because they have one super expensive card because there's a minuscule chance someone might maybe sorta kinda tell if they'll be drawing a land in eight turns.

This binder is worth more than my flat.

When you are expecting casual games not to have house rules, it is.

i'll need more than 100 sleeves.

also i want the highest quality ones.

so are you going to buy me them, or are you just going to keep being a sleeve nazi?

>MFW I dug the Tabernacle out
>MFW you can't feel the difference

What the fuck is up with your big toe? Bottom of image.

>Making excuses for people who can afford a thousand dollar card but can't be bothered to buy 4 dollars worth of perfect fits and spend 20 minutes properly sleeving their deck

>Still being a sperg over one fucking card being extra protected while not being different than any other card in the deck
Just go get a life. Not everything is life or death important.

Why? It's just too big to try and contain it.

Spoiler: I'll stop now.

I got an ingrown toenail as a kid and surgery wasn't as good as it is now. They messed up my nail. Oh well, no biggie.

Not bad. Might get me one for Christmas!

>$6
Someone's charging you double, mate.

Look, I'm the guy who usually lets people know that one double sleeve is marked cards. I also do tend to recommend the satin towers. But the key is, it doesn't actually fucking matter. I tell people to warn them about people like you. I bet you start the proxy arguments that ruin threads, too.

>Making excuses for people who cheat

I don't understand how I'm the asshole for asking people to play by the fucking rules.

>DUDE CALM DOWN WE PLAY OUR SPELLS FOR FREE IT'S JUST A GAME
>CALM DOWN SPERG IT'S JUST A GAME IT"S NOT LIFE OR DEATH
>DUDE JUST GO GET A LIFE IT'S JUST CASUAL I CAN DRAW 10 CARDS A TURN

If you're not going to play by the actual fucking rules then you're not playing Magic.

>Not paying the mana costs of spells
>Drawing 10 cards at the beginning of the turn without setting it up
How is double-sleeving only a part of your deck remotely as bad as your example ?

That's not cheating. Now if I double sleeved all my lands and none of my creatures that would be different. But you're throwing a shit fit over someone wanting to protect their expensive card without making it so that they can't shuffle their deck.

Tell me how double sleeping one card is equal to throwing the base rules of a game out the window and playing with 20 card hands and free spells? Calm down Youre just a sperg

You're picking and choosing which rules to ignore because you can't be fucked to play the game right.

If you can tell any of your cards apart from the others, then the deck isn't randomized. Only double-sleeving ONE card is the same as 'only' having one of your cards sleeved at all and the rest unsleeved, or the opposite, or having all but one card in black sleeves and the remaining one in red.

If you can tell your cards apart, then they are Marked, which ranges from "Warning, fix it" to "Disqualification" in a tournament.

Tbh dude why don't you buy sleeves then double sleeve my deck if it bothers you so much. Besides, pauper tournaments? You wish.

I'm sorry, since when is it your opponent's responsibility to make sure you properly sleeve your deck? Do you want me to wipe your ass for you, too?

Also, I rather hope you're not bringing Tabernacle to a Pauper event.

Because an option exists to fix this problem without anyone buying anything. Either all of your cards need to be double-sleeved, or none of them.

Double sleeping one card in a sleeved deck is different than sleeping only one card in a deck. Please, tell me which one of these cards is double sleeved.

Now tell me which one is double sleeved when I stack them together.

Answer: bottom left
Answer: Second from the bottom

Second from the top.

Now take a pic of the open sides.

Dude, if you don't believe me that double-sleeving "just one card' counts as marked cards, ask gA.

Also, there's more to go off of in an event than just a static picture. I can see the cards from different angles, I can check how thick they are or how much they weigh. If you can tell a card apart from the others without looking at the face of it, it's marked.

Cardsharps can tell the difference between face cards and value cards by WEIGHT.

Doublesleeving is cheating, plain and simple.

Second from the left, top row.

Second from the top.

Now tell me that they feel the same, because that would be an utter lie.

Actually, the top four in both pics are double sleeved.

No shit it's the top 4. Do you not see how much fucking thicker the cards are than the bottom ones? You really expect me to believe that you can't see how that's Marked?

If someone can't easily see it, but it's obvious when you're touching the cards, that just means it's more effective cheating.

You liar. user that posted the pics here. None are double sleeved and you're all hyped over looking for nothing.

Even if they aren't double sleeved, you've got some wild inconsistencies with thickness in that stack.

Dude. Me too. Both toes, both sides of the nail. It was brutal.

I'm guessing it's because the weight of the cards above them pushes the sleeves closed. Notice how all the wide ones are at the very top.

You should be double sleeving every deck you own. Just because they aren't worth as much doesn't mean you shouldn't protect them. You'd be furious if you have to buy a new deck because you or one of your buddies tipped a drink over onto the board.

I have never seen the 'weight' of four fucking cards close sleeves that tight.

>One sleeve by card isn't enough protection
>Allowing drink in tip range of your cards

Shit was serious in the 20th Century. These people don't even know.