Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

God of Death edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Friendly reminder, no AoS release in August.

first for AoS is a shit game because it has simpler rules

First for Queef Headgiver.

First for Slaanesh

How many forest bases is too many for a Sylvaneth force at 1000 and 2000?

I miss the old places and characters, guys, what do I do?

sheeit

So Veeky Forums I want to get back into this game and achieve my goal of making a mixed chaos army. I already have a rather small warband, but I want to get a couple more units.

So like clan rats are my rank and file, warriors are my shock troops, and I have a WLC as my artillery. I also have 1 skaven and 1 WoC hero, but now I want to add in some beastmen. What do you guys think be a cool beastmen unit to add to the army of expanding Chaos?

as the game system is almost the same, someone ever thoughts of using AoS rules with regiments like KoW?

Gors

Bestigors, Ungors for cheap as fuck battleline if you don't want to go two units of Clan Rats, a big 20+ blob of Gors if you want tougher Blood Reavers who don't need Bloodsecrator support to work and Bullgors + Doombull if you want a tough shit ruiner hero with retinue - they are deceptively fragile though so be sure to get them into melee ASAP.

I would say Tuskgor Chariots but those might as well be OOP and the models are atrocious.

I forgot to add, I suggest Bestigors because they're basically less tough Great Weapon Chaos Warriors, but they can Run and Charge, are 3+/3+ against any unit that dares to carry a totem, banner, etc. as well as banner carrying heroes. Basically they fuck shit up. If you put Daemonic Power on them they'll do good work for you. Probably the best Brayherd unit for doing damage and not needing a formation or Hero to make them viable.

The allegiance benefits to Chaos also make Gors and Bestigors even better, if unpredictable, Gors especially. Pray to the chaos gods you can roll 5+ regularly!

Asking as a 40k migrant daemon player, how do daemons work in AoS Lore? Do they need to be summoned in from the realm of chaos? Can they just walk through realmgates? Or can they just exist in the mortal realms due to Chaos controlling many of them? Also I'm trying to fluff out some stuff for my army, and I'm wondering if daemons can be permakilled by each other. Anybody know anything about this stuff? There's no daemons battletome yet, but are there any other books that talk about daemons in AoS?

>playing sylvaneth
No matter how many forest bases you field, you will have 0 friends

It's still like 40k although the state of the mortal realms is so shit that daemons can break through far more easily.

Daemons can come through Realmgates from the realm of chaos or be summoned the old fashion way

Then Tomb Kings should still be around

Hey what exactly is Ur-Gold, I want to know for if I feel like integrating it into a battle narrative

Bits of Grimnir's power that infused gold when he died.

Tell me why your army is the best and why you picked it. The reasons can be related to lore, models or play-style. Convince me of their superiority and maybe share a story.

>Sylvaneth
>Beautiful models, top tier waifu leader
>Basically Pepe REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

I got my Beastclaw Raiders today, so here's the missing Beastclaw Raider crossover batallion. German only, I'm afraid.

>composition
1 Frostlord on Stonehorn
2 Mournfang Packs
2 Gore-grunta units

>A Tough Species
+1 Wound for the Frostlord on Stonehorn

>Bitter Rivalry
Every Beastclaw Raider unit from this batallion within 6" of a Ironjawz unit from this batallion may add +1 to all rolls to hit. Every Ironjawz unit from this batallion within 6" of a Beastclaw Raider unit from this batallion may add +1 to all rolls to hit.

>Unstoppable Stampede
Once per game at the end of your combat phase you can use this ability. If you do, all units from this batallion that have made a charge move this turn may instantly pile in and attack in any order you choose.

I play Stormcast and free guilds

The first is because they're an army of legit Paladins that also have pretty much everything I loved about warriors of chaos while not being dick bags.

The models I like when they're painted differently and ruleswise they're easy to pick up but actually kind of tricky to master. I specifically play Extremis chambers so it's unforgiving to mistakes against good opponents.

Free guilds are cool for the same reason the Empire was cool.

Model wise the newer empire releases are all pretty baller (the big kits, Demigryphs and greatswords) but I use old school swordsmen and handgunners who aren't wearing pajamas.

Ruleswise they kick a ton of ass and are manly as fuck glass cannons who can pile in really well

Stormcast and ogres.
The first because an entire army of paladins is awesome, their visuals are appealing (very subjective, I know) and their playstyle is super-flexible.
Ogres because I had a whole heap of ogre kits gathering dust from a project that never took off. I thought to myself that I had all these stormcast bits and all these ogres left over, so might as well make the most and build myself some Azyr auxilia.

Currently eyeing Ironjaws, too.

>Order can't be beaten
>the era of Chaos becoming the bitch faction returns

Everything is as it should be. My only regret is that I didn't do even more for Order.

Yeah, I am looking into making an army, and those Ironjawz models are very tempting, especially the Megaboss and the Maw-Krusher

So is that Grimnir's essence/soul or just his magical power?

Free Guilds because I like historical minis.

No difference.

>RULES

Brayherds have limited force selection, reduced even further by GW's winnowing of their models into other sub-factions of Chaos and forcing some of their best ones to go OOP or be web-order only resin monstrosities.

You may think this is a weakness, but it a strength! It hardens the beastman to use what he has, not what he wishes he could be. It makes him learn every strength and weakness of his herd and how to best utilize them instead of grabbing the latest netlist. It makes him cull the weakness from his herd, as their bestial nature intended.

Beastman strong. Man-filth weak. They are the prey, you are the hunter!

>LORE

What lore? They have no lore. This is a blessing and a curse. From their cruel and uncaring overgods, both in game lore and real life, they have received nothing. NOTHING! They are mere cannon fodder to break upon the rock of Order, time and time again in what threadbare snippets they receive.

This is not new to the old horns. They were accustomed to this during Fantasy, bore the shame of having their End Times accomplishments be minor, or worse, turned into a big bad Worf for some Empire hero to shoot down heroically.

But taken in another light, this means what little we have now leaves an ultimate blank canvas for you to truly customize your Herd and its lore. Where there is nothing, there is everything. You can be whatever you want to be and nothing in-lore can rightfully contradict it, as the bastard Children of Chaos are so ignored they are effectively exempt from the enthralling shackles that normally bind Chaos factions into sucking Archaon's dick. Go forth with your beastmen, write for them a great epic of destruction, of savagery, of despoiling the weak and raising up the strong! Shatter the soft denizens of the mortal realms and feast on their innards!

con't

>PLAY STYLE

Are any swift, devious and brutal as the beastmen?

'Oh, but the Ogors! Their cannons are so OP and their beastclaws shoot mortal wounds!' 'Waah, the Slaan can spam summon immortal Saurus Guard!' 'Booo the Stormcast can teleport 50 retributors right up my tight puckered butthole!' 'TWELVE NAGASHES!'

I hear your cries, your pitful trembling man-lips whining like a newborn over the spilt milk of poor decision making inherent at GW headquarters. Silence them, 'lest the beastmen snuff you out and gobble on your bitch tears in a flurry of turn 1-2 charges.

Surely, the cavalry of other armies is swifter? Surely, their 'totally-not-deep-striking' will out maneuver the beastmen?

PITIFUL!

Sigmar plays at ambushes. Beastmen have been ambushing since before his age was a glimmer in Kirby's fat, drunken stupor filled eyes. And now they ambush better than any other! They charge faster and further than your pitiful horse-riders and dragonfuckers! Their attack profile rivals that of fully Stoked and Secrated Blood Reavers! And these weaklings, who think themselves the champions of chaos,only wish they could have so many attacks without needing their hands held by their pathetic banners! Only wish they could field so many fast moving, cheap battleline units!

Gors strong, man weak!

Now go forth, through the dark places of the Realms, to rape, pillage and ruin Sigmar and his weak collective of mewling godlings!

Ahh, I had assumed it was bits of gold from the old world infused with warp power from the world's destruction, I would have used it to set up dorf vs lizard fights over ur-gild that had ancient lustrian history written on it

The setting isn't that thoughtful.

You mean you like my idea better?

That is nice, but Beastmen are utter shit without having actually decent Warherd models doing all the work for them. But yes, keep writing such propaganda while providing cheap battleline for the big boys.

>tfw you aren't a Slaaneshi warlord gathering your harem full of Warhammer waifus

On a side note I noticed Destruction doesn't have much for female characters, how do we remedy this?

Oh fuck off, if ur-gold was that then it would just be Sigmarite.

idk i've had quite a bit of success with the Wildstalker Ambush and 80-90 Ungor Raiders with a Wargor around to make them 4+/3+

Some manner of mad amazon tribes, maybe add a hyborian flavor to them, maybe make them like the greek amazons, point is they obsess with combat and belive that "Man" is responcibilities for the death of the old world and lay seige to all his works no matter the faction

As a beastmen player I do enjoy reading this but seeing how my most recent game was I have still decided to go the way suggested.

Who were you fighting, what did you field, what scenario did you play, etc etc etc?

>Lore
What's not to love about a Clan of giant rats who destroy themselves in name of progress and twisted warmachines that will collapse as soon as you use them?
>Models
Stormfiends are aces, Warp cannons are okay, Doomwheels are great, but that's pretty much it.
The rest is either very old or mediocre at best.
Hopefully we will get a Skryre expansion someday.
>Play-style
While they're cheesy as fuck, I love how some bad dice rolls can fuck me completely over by blowing up my own stuff, being controlled by the enemy or simply not appearing at all.
Also I love shooting like a madman.

Nah they're good, they suffer from the same thing most non-Khorne armies do; they can't be mono-faction.

Which is.. fitting, seeing as its Chaos.

>he thinks Bullgors are great and not huge fragile targets with their shit saves that needs to be babied until they can safely charge!

You're cute.

No scenario, 1000 pts
20 Ungor Raiders
Gorthor
30 Gors
10 Bestigors
Wargor
Beastlord
Shaman
against wood elves

I didn't have much luck with the dice but he also just shot Gorthor in the first and second round dead since he got initiative whereafter my gors were shot dead and my other heroes managed to take out a few more than 10 of his models and the bestigors killed his general
Still, at the end he had less than 20 dead while I had a pile of over 50

Better battleline than a lot of stuff. If you could put God keywords on them (KHORNE) they'd easily be broken, as battleine go. Very fast, lots of attacks, lots of cheap synergy units, good formations.

Sure. It would be better than having a bunch of weirdos collecting parts of their shattered metal gods like the Necrons already do in 40k.

I would have liked the idea of beyond ancient artifacts still existing that belonged to an even older pantheon than the current one.

I know you guys are the most unique snowflakes and are super hipsters for playing Brayherds, but please don't go around like you could beat any decent list with mono Brayherds. Newbies could actually read this, buy $300 worth of goats and wonder why they can't even make it to a close game with them.

Paste from the older thread, didn't see the new one earlier

I tried AOS for the fourth time this summer. The local community is 100% ported in tryhards from 40k, so the game is shit atm. I just wanted to run away from the tryhard groups.

Anyone with similar experiences? I wanted this to be fun so I'm bummed. I'll try again in a few months to see if the situation changes

>I know you guys are the most unique snowflakes and are super hipsters for playing Brayherds
Fuck off, I chose beastmen simply because I really liked the models

Did he have Glade Guard? Wood elves in general are a pretty stacked army against Beastmen, or melee armies period. That turn one shooting nonsense is rude.

>Newbies could actually read this, buy $300 worth of goats and wonder why they can't even make it to a close game with them.

I could say this about a lot of the armies, especially the ones not updated with their own battletome, and even new ones like Fyreslayers. Top tier armies are top tier armies for a reason.

Every lizard player is a WAAC, every Skaven a furry tryhard that only uses Stormfiends and Goat player are fucking hipsters in these threads.

Hobbit SBG is the only good fantasy game now. My entire area has switched to that or Warmahordes over the course of the year.

I honest to god tried to get some decent success with Brayherds, even running the dumb formation from the book, but many it isn't pretty. Fyreslayers might not be top tier, but they can hold their own. Beastmen are just a very unique kind of just bland and bad gameplay wise. Shame, the models are pretty nice actually.

Doing up our first points game to give it a shot. I'm going skaven I think he's using orcs

Thinking something like
Warlord - 100
Grey seer - 120
Assassin - 100
Clan rats x20 - 120
Clan rats x20 - 120
20 stormvermin - 280
doomwheel - 140

I'd put in more vermin or clan rats but I don't own any more. I do have plague monks but need dat battle line.

Other change was possibly dropping the grey seer and wheel and going with a bell? I dunno. I usually play me some dwaaaaaaaaarfs

Forgot we're shooting for 1000 points. I think mine adds up to 980

Posted in the old thread, reposting here.

Ogor players, lend me your ears and guts.

I'm plotting some Gutsmashers and I'm curious what works better. I need 3 units of basic Ogors, should I keep them to 3 men each or make them larger? What do you equip them with? What else do you take other than what's mandatory in the formation?

Yeah, he had some glade guard, but also sisters of avelorn which were really nasty
Honestly, I really hate ranged armies

Has anyone tried mixing fyreslayers with other order armies? Do they have a power unit worth taking in Free guilds or a hero fighty enough to be by himself?

Maybe you just have something against the animal-like races

I still don't see why you're struggling, the main weakness is their heroes being really mediocre. Everything else is solid. Fast, hits hard with tons of attacks, good positioning, mobility and denial game with Wildstalker. That formation alone shuts down most alpha strikes. And if they do happen.. well you probably don't field nearly as many models as such a thing needs to be truly exploitative. Again, 80+ Ungor Raiders with buffs. They get shit done. Same could be said of 100+ Gors with formation benefits all charging from your side, backfield, etc. after avoiding your opening alpha strikes.

No, the only problems I see are their Heroes and poor Bravery, but that's why you take huge blobs.

Who knows how this will look if they update them with their own battletome..

grow up.

I kow a guy at my store who's had good sucess with Fyreslayers and Stormcasts. Liberator shield wall does a good job of blocking LoS, or they both deep strike with battalions, and what not. Magmadroths are solid and so are their shooting units. I'm not impressed with Vulkite Berzerkers though.

So I am slowly learning this settings lore are Iron Jaws new Greenskins? Can I still make a bunch of boys in shifty spike armor instead of this too pretty armor?

Consider switching out the assassin for a BSB, and the grey seer for Tretch Craventail if he's okay with you proxing or you can kitbash them.
Also
>doomwheel
Nah dude.

>are Iron Jaws new Greenskins?

Yes, they're the biggest and toughest.

>Can I still make a bunch of boys in shifty spike armor

Sure.

>Who knows how this will look if they update them with their own battletome..

I prefaced it with 'if' for a reason, user.

user, don't be a dick. We're all friends in these threads.

>looking through fyreslayers to find some source of Rend -2 for my Stormcast
>can't find any

That's rough, buddy. Hope you don't play against Seraphon very often.

I'm kinda tempted to just make a bunch of different human heroes that are kmight Errants or hanger ons to my Stormhost and just run them as free guild heroes with great hammers.

Gimme dat -2 rend babe

I'm a beastmen player myself. Don't think I'm laughing because I'm having fun.

I have no idea how many points you play, but getting 90+ Raider and 100+ Gor and the Wildstalker formation gives you just that + Heroes and 2 chariots you have to take at 2k points. You have a lot of shit on the field but none of it is especially scary. Yes things are going to die to supported raider but after that you are sitting ducks.

Eh, unfortunately only Nefereta and Araellie are the only gals with mini's at the second. Besides, Im not sure that outside of Elves and Humans that you'd want to waifu any of the races.

>Slyvaneth
+Her mom has got it going on
+Melons
+Part elf
-Talk about splinters
>Fyreslayers
+Cool about casual nuddity and piericings
+Is rich with mad Ur-gold
+Fiery lover
-Burn your dick off
-Has a girly beard
>Stormcast
+Pure, loyal and honorable
+Never ending Endurance
-Used goods, thanks Siggy
-Dominant
-Super judgmental, always threatening to leave back to Azyr
>Bloodbound
+Pretty dam hot
+If your a kick ass warrior, she'll be all over your dick
+Good at eating you out
-Always on their period
-Holy shit dude, she bit your dick off
-Her vagina has teeth
-Really into blood play
-Uses blood as lube
-Cums blood
-So much fuckin blood
-Her name is Bloodina Blüdmaster
-Is also a cannibal
>Seraphon
+Perfect in everyway
+Lovable, adorable, sexy, has snektits
-Is actually the dream waifu of a perverted Slann
>FleshEater court
+Very courting and very proper
+Super hot, all over you
+Wow, and her dad is a kick ass king, bathed in golden light
+Best lover ever, everyone is so jovial and charming
-The food tastes funny.
>Beastclaw Raider
+Does anything for food
+Has a fondness of kitties
+Loves to snuggle on cold winter nights
-Literal landwhale
-Can be utterly "Frigid" at times

So a friend wants to play a 2k points Skryre list. This is what I have come up with:

>Archwarlock (140)
>-Lord of War
>-Crown
>Warlock Engineer (100)
>Warlock Engineer (100)
>Stormfiends x 3 (300)
>- Ratling Cannons
>Stormfiends x 3 (300)
>- Warpfire Projectors
>Skryre Acolytes x 10 (120)
>Warplock Jezzails x 6 (280)
>Ratling Gun Weapon Team x 1 (80)
>Ratling Gun Weapon Team x 1 (80)
>Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team x 1 (60)
>Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team x 1 (60) >Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team x 1 (60)
>Warp Grinder Weapon Team x 1 (100)
>FORMATIONS Clan Skryre (200)

Making a Skryre formation is harder than I thought, just by virtue of being expensive as fuck.

I'm sure I could proxxy a tretch, he's that good? And ya I gotta find 20 points to fit the standard in if I take out the assassin.

No doomwheel? That makes me sad because it looks so GOOD

Change the ratling Stormfiends to either Shock fists or Doomflayers.
You're ALWAYS going to need a CaC stormfiends unit.
Rest is great.

You don't need any other chicks if you have thick Alliralli

My devotion is to holy sigar

Tretch gives verminus units +1 rend and 6s to wound deal double damage.
Can you see that with stormvermins?
Also as I said previously in this thread or in the last one, Doomwheels are really good looking but highly unreliable.
The best they can do is d3 mortal wounds on a 4+ on the first unit you run over.
But to run over a unit you have to stop at more than 3 inches and that really means you need to move a lot.
Sure, it has a 2d6 moves, but that isn't often enough, and as long as you don't get a double, you can actually double the 2d6 but eh...
It's not that great.
By taking it out you free the 20 points for the BSB and can field two more weapon teams, they're more reliable.

It is a fine list, no need to min-max or finetune anything if they it your first points game. Just see what works for you and try to remedy it next time.

>still no generic plastic Chaos Lord on Dragon model

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>stormvermins make 40 attacks with 3+ (2+ against smaller units) / 3+ -2 rend 1 damage (2 with wound rolls of 6)
Fuck's sake, skaven players.

They also get to fight back when a model is killed if you bring a Warbringer and cast deathfrenzy on them.

And with a BSB within 13" they skip battleshock tests and reroll 1s on hit rolls.

And the best part? With so many Skaven support pieces needed this is probably only possible in full Skaven lists. Praise the great Horned One, filthy homo Chaos stays out!

Ahshahahaahaahahayyaya

People play this game competitively, oh dear

Is it just me or are Paladins on foot insane for their cost?

Just a casual 3+ to hit for D6 mortal wounds that even Nagash can't save

They can also get normal free people buffs for a casual 2+ to hit D6 mortal wounds

A lot of shit gets really good if buffed properly. And while those are good stat lines they certainly are not the do all end all, expecially considering how many support pieces are needed for that.

The point is that the game basically has to be agreed upon, there is no way this game could realistically have a tournament without some ridiculous 3rd party rules - even with the new guidelines and points.

Can Stormcasts fall?

I wanted to model my Crypt Haunter Courtier as a former Stormcast (pieces of the armor still placed on him, the hammer strapped together with the massive bone after the handle was broken, things like this)
The first draft of his story was that his whole unit was killed by a chaos warband, before the latter was slaughtered too by a flesh-eater court
Blinded by rage, he listened to the promise of the Ghoul King to make him stronger, accepting to drink his blood, thus becoming a Crypt Horror

Is this something that could happen, storywise? Obviously the rule "My model, my story" is applied, by I wanted to know if there was some kind of reason this wouldn't normally happen

I don't rink it's ridiculous for the tournament manager to say "we're measuring base to base, playing with true LOS and not rolling for turns"

In fact the matched play section on tournaments says to do to exactly that.

Everchosen, because putting roughly 9 Chaos Lords on the battlefield vs 50+ models and knowing you are STILL more killy then them is fucking brilliant. Plus the models and the GauntSummoner are amazing and I can play Archaon in bigger Apoc games and actually have his bodyguards with him. It all looks sick as fuck on the tabletop.

be honest with me /AoS/, is this too cheesy to bring to a casual game?

I've noticed since the release of the generals handbook that the quality of the AoS threads have plummeted. Granted i only started collecting 2 months before the release of the book myself but i lurked here long before, it was mostly civil and enjoyable. Now this is just becoming like the 40k general. Is this because the cancerous waac 40k players have all latched onto aos now that the game has points?

The newer books go into this but the answer is essentially no, Sigmarines are (whether they want to be or not) bound to Sigmars will when they are reforged. It would be like a Khorne Berserker calling it quits

If a stormcast dies their bodies explode and their spirits are returned to Sigmar for reforming. There is a whole plot line about how Nagash hates how he cannot raise sigmarines from the dead.

So you could do your thing (I at least think it sounds cool) but there is a lot of lore arguing that they cannot really become undead.

I was under the impression that the thing that makes AoS require more thought than wfb was that you had to account for possibly not getting the next turn first? Why would you want to remove that?