WIP - Painting/Sculpting/Converting General

Past the bump limit and saging all the way to the bottom! Time fer a new WIP thread!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mastercrafted.co.uk/shop/infantry-components/shoulder-pads/kraken-shoulderpads/
puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=497
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for skaven

second for WIP is only ever GW models and that one user that posts malifaux

Still need advice on what to add to this. I need something for the base.

Then start posting WIPs of the models you want to see. Lots of people play GW games, the others have smaller fanbases.

fifth for there is nothing wrong with this and if this irks you so much, change it by posting the WIPs of your favorite game

>Why would you use Scale 75 paints?

It's the current year!

On that topic, would Infinity models look good with the tried and true "basecoat -> wash -> reapply basecoat -> edge highlight" method of GW space marines? Most images I see of Infinity seem to have been airbrushed.

Add a chain of ruins off the bottom of the blade and a fabric wrapping. Do some googling on Chinese weaponry.

Anything painted to tabletop standard looks better than unpainted plastic/metal. I think that could work, just need small brushes.

Hey guys.

I'm looking for some round skull bases for some Ogres, i just need the entire thing covered in skulls. Does anybody know any websites that sell these, or anywhere that I can buy shitloads of skulls for cheaply?

I think it looks fine. Not my best, but for 4+ year old paintjobs I don't hate them.

>haqqislam
>islam

First for dakka dakka dakka!

Also first for forgetting pic.

space middle east is kind of interesting

I chose them because they have space janissary slave soldiers, which isn't something you get to see every day.

>gun doesn't go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>gun goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH

>being this much of a sperg

Trying to figure out what colour I drybrush over Agrellan Earth

Gonna paint my first model tomorrow.

I want to paint a Nighthaunrt blood red, but not the lucid Blood for the Blood God, I want them to look more like dry blood, and not look ethereal white. Also I want to darken the red to almost black on the tips of their "hair"

Any tips?

>space middle east

Don't try running a marathon before you learn to walk.

Doing this for a friend of mine. Now to somehow glue all the articulating joints into place without getting glue everywhere. Then, he wants a weathered, battle damaged paintjob.

Never done one of these before. I must say its butt ugly, and gluing it into a static pose is not going to be fun. By the time Im highlighting and basing it, Im guessing I'll have a well developed hate for gunpla.

Grow up tard.

Except for the retarded yellow eyebrows it really does look like any generic Tau battlesuit.

Anyway good luck and don't go to the gunpla threads. The cancer there is entirely chemo resistant.

>Trying to figure out what colour I drybrush over Agrellan Earth

How high do you want your highlights? How gradual do you want to do it?

I'd suggest either Zandri Dust or Rakarth Flesh (light) followed by Ushabti Bone (lighter), finally finished off with Terminatus Stone (brightest of the lights).

Gunpla doesn't do static poses, they're supposed to be movable. They also don't need highlighting or shading, they're large enough to pick up light naturally.

What are you trying to do here?

/m/ here, please kill yourself.

It looks nothing like a Tau suit. Tau are based on Valkyrie's from Macross. What you're saying is equal to "look at that Eldar, he looks just like a space marine".

>Fuckin magnets, how do they work?
>not linking the ICP youtube video as well

color me rustled

I went with a mix of Iraqui sand VCM and Salce 75's Mickatonic grey and it looks like what I'm aiming for. Now I just need to find a way to make it looked weathered like the ground here

Yeah, no intention of going to a gunpla thread.
Im doing this one in a static pose, then priming, painting, and basing it. This thing looks like absolute shit, like a young childs toy. Im going to make it look good.

In before he treats it like a 40k model and it looks like shit.

>They also don't need highlighting or shading, they're large enough to pick up light naturally.
Also pretty hard to do with the kid's crayons or felt tip pens or whatever it is you people paint your shit with.

airbrushes?

Ha! Bro this thing is embarrasing. I could use nothing but the airbrush and make it look 10x better than the playskool kids toy it is now.

Check back in a week, you'll be eating crow my friend. I'll have this piece of shit looking as bad ass as it possibly can.

I'm rooting for you. I've been meaning to try exactly that for years now but I just always had something better to paint.

I don't think he has any fucking clue what he's talking about. I look forward to all the brush strokes being visible and dry brushed silver for weathering.

please bro don't make me paint my haqqislam...

Care to post some of your work? And I'll post some of mine?

Lets see who knows what they are talking about here.

You have done nothing but internet tough guy in multiple threads now. You really should try slamming your dick in a drawer already.

anyone know what any of this stuff is from?

Chaos Defiler. Or the Soul engine thing they made it into.

>uses tard as insult
>says "grow up"
>while implicitly defending Islam, religion of murder, rape, and slavery?

Lol

Now that I think about it, Islam is almost Chaos worship.

the "arms" with chaos-stars on the end are leg components for a Defiler or Soulgrinder kit, same for the parts below it, apart from the bottom 3.

The maw-like thing above it is from the Forgefiend/Maulerfiend kit.

The parts to the right of the maw look like ork bits used as "boarding ramps" on ork vehicles.

Those bottom 3 parts are a bit of a mystery, can't really help with those...

Right. So you say 'he has no fucking clue what he's talking about' and that you cant wait to see my shitty drybrushing, etc, etc.

I reply 'ok, lets see who knows what they're doing here' and it's me who's the asshole? Bro.

And idk what you mean by tough guy in several threads. I havent even replied in a /wip/ thread for maybe a week. So perhaps you have me confused with a different user. I hope the stupidity of that accusation is clear to you.

But yeah man. If you dont like being called out and asked to post your work, them dont speculate on the lack of skill on me, while insulting me. If anyone is out of line here, its you.

What's the story behind the sentinel?
Is it meant to be near a red light source or?

Not involved in the argument btw, just interested.

>Poorly highlighted drop pod that show massive thick layers of paint
>Slapped on a black wash that pooled on flat services and picked out where he didn't clean up the part properly
>I put my deepest shade next to my highest highlight and even then I don't paint my highlight lines straight
>I only high light half the black and then I make sure it's different thickness to the lines and different shades of grey

>My sentinel is weathered by dry brushing it light brown and looks like shit because I have no idea how dirt applies to things

>My idea of sourced lighting is to just drybrush it a series of colours

>My guns aren't even highlighted

>I can't shade red at all

>My chainsaw is so poorly painted there is silver all over the black area

>My idea of painting a tabbard is shit brown right next to beige. What is blending?

>I drybrysh my bases grey and then flue static grass to them

>I tried to free hand a chainsword banner but it looks so bad it's like my paint had no coverage and I couldn't be bothered to put on multiple layers

Would you like me to continue or will you just admit you have a massively over inflated ego for someone who paints about tabletop quality and then uses poor quality techniques to attempt high quality techniques and thinks he's a decent painter for it?

Nah its part of a desert themed Kill Team. Its supposed to vaguely represent a desert sunset. I live in the desert, so I just wanted to take a shot at making some dudes that are also from the desert.

>Chaos Defiler.
look right, thanks

I'm converting a kill team of True-Scale Space Marines, of the Star Krakens chapter,

does anyone know of cool "kraken" or celtic/nordic decoration decoration I can use for my squad? Even 3rd part, I don't have a problem with that

Lol. Everything in that picture is to tabletop standard. Theres no thick paint on anything in that pic, nor is there drybrushing on anything in that pic. Sorry you are such an angry guy user. Still waiting on you to post some of your work though..

Oh, the same way the British army used to paint their vehicles pink in the desert for dawn raids?

Pic related.

>I wanted to do a desert themed army so I based them on black and grey

Fuck me, I'm done. I'm just done. Nothing I can say will top the stupidity of that.

Check the drop pod kid. It's got multiple examples of thick paint.

Wouldn't it have been better to give them desert bases then?

Agrellan Earth paint would look really nice with those.

woops, forgot to link.

Yeah probably, but Im not a huge stickler for stuff like that. Maybe theyre operating on the moon this mission or something.

Yeah I guess. Tbh though I didnt put that much thought into it, I just enjoy painting stuff and trying out new techniques. Im fairly new to the hobby, so Im still learning.

I'd check bits sites for Dark Elves, Dwarves, Warriors of Chaos, and Space Wolves.

You could pick up some Dwarf weapons and shields, Space Wolf bodies, Warriors of Chaos heads, and Dark Elf corsair cloaks.

Wow you're really upset man. Why exactly? Because after you said I dont know what the fuck Im doing, and that you were looking forward to seeing some shitty drybrushed highlights, I asked you to post your work? So we could compare. Which you still havent done; instead just more insults and vitriol?
Get it together bro.

>Im fairly new to the hobby, so Im still learning.

In that case, wouldn't it be better to show a bit of humility and not stir up arguments on a board with a lot of veteran painters?

Veteran painters? Please. I didnt stir anything up, nor was I cocky.
Only after some douche said he was looking forward to shitty drybrushing, and that I dont know what the fuck Im talking about - did I then say 'ok, lets compare work then'.
I havent been rude or out of line at all. Some pissy guy just started insulting me so I called him out. Then he turned the shitposting up to 11.

working on 3 squads of Germans.
1 x base+wash pants and jackets
2 x base+wash+highlight pants and jackets

Messing about with some camo helmets to break the uniformity. Not sure which i like better. I think both are ok but the base color should be better. The left one has a 70740 Middle Brown base and the right one a 70983 Flat Brown base.

dont give me early war bullcrap

See
You acted like you were hot shit when you're fucking nothing. You think it's shit posting when someone completely dismantles your ego by pointing out that your work doesn't live up to it. I don't need to post my work because I have no need for validation from you. I'm not getting into a pissing contest of "who is better", I'm point out that YOU ARE SHIT. Do you see the difference?

This is your logic applied to cooking
>How dare you say that steak is burned? Are you a cook? I beat you couldn't not burn a steak! How dare you judge me! Who cares if it's black and as hard as a rock, what about YOUR cooking?

Thank you, I went looking and saw the dark elf corsair with that kraken icon, the scaly cloaks will look good on the marines, I will look up some Salamander tutorials.

I also found some "Kraken" Pauldrons here if some of you are interested

>> mastercrafted.co.uk/shop/infantry-components/shoulder-pads/kraken-shoulderpads/

>> puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=497

I know but I want to try something, any tips tho? I don't want the most advanced of shades,just some basic stuff that looks like dry blood

great thanks senpai

I never acted like hot shit. I was talking about painting the gundam, which you opposed - saying I dont know wtf Im doing, and that you couldnt wait to see the shitty drybrushed highlights. To which I replied 'ok, show me your work, lets compare'.
You were and still are the one being a dick. You started out being a dick about me mono posing a piece of shit gundam, then were a dick about my tabletop standard, then tried to samefag, and are now still being a dick. And, you have yet to post a single image of your own work.
You might be able to fool yourself, but its plain to see you're just an angry butthurt asshole. Stay mad bro.

That wasn't me. That was someone else, but nice try to keep your ego.

Getting blood, of any kind, to look good on a mini is extremely difficult. Most people use either too much, too little or put it in the wrong places, make it look wrong and so on.

Go to youtube and look up some tutorials before you start. But I really don't recommend going for advanced shit with your first minis. You can always strip and repaint them later. Hell I've stripped and repainted my first army 2 times now.

Post your work, loser.

Not him, I am the guy who posted and , but I figured it looks fun to get into this shitshow of an argument.

Also I suppose I technically gave light criticism so it is only fair I post something

All good man I dont mind criticism. That other guy is just a buttblasted nutjob though. If you're gonna tell someone they suck before you even see their work, dont get upset when they ask to see yours. Right?

Nice dorf btw, you nailed the beard.

>'We're going to paint Brass now!'

>uses Balthasar Gold
>edge hightlight with Runefang Steel

Why do they do this? especially the final highlight with a metal/silver. I've never understood that.

The beard looks very nice

probably to mimic the most light possible coming off the metal, which would look white, or in this case, runefang steel/ subtle highlights of silver on gold look really nice

Because gold looks more like brass than any of the brass colors. The silver highlight is to show where light is refecting off the brass.

Are you blind AND fucking stupid?

P3 has a nice brassy brass, the GW ones are more like a dark brass, but yes you can achieve it with gold. The thing is brass is a bit more pale than gold and has a slight green tint to it. Its a very peculiar metal.

What is he smithing?

Anyone have experience magnetizing a taurox prime?

Or with giving it third party wheels? Ive seen a Victoria brand 4 wheeler and blood and skulls 6 wheeler. Wondering which is superior.

I'm painting my scions like ww2 British commandos with tan/khaki fatigues and armor and green berets. Trying to decide between green and tan for my vehicles.

I honestly have no idea.

It just seems to be a random thunderbolt shaped thing. I guess it could be a rune, but I was under the impression runes were symbols they forged onto things. Either way, I thought it looked cooler than the staff, and I wanted to try painting fire.

I also used that new gem paint on his necklace. You can't see it very well in pictures, but it does look quite nice, since it means the reflection is always going to match up with the metallic paint next to it.

Is Carroburg Crimson a better shade than Druchii violet for blood?

seems mad

Finished some glorious mounted knights recently. They're ready to liberate the oppressed masses of the mortal realms.

Did you use blood for the blood god for the base? If not I highly recommend so.
Love the first one.

These look cool as fuck.

Hey does anyone have a pdf for the newer librarian masterclass ebook? Looking to start mine and just wanted to see how they do their libby's

Yup,Blood for the Blood God.

If you'd like a bit more blood effect, add more layers of it. Look how these bases show a pool of blood, they would look great on your minis.

> Consider posting my first Stormcast Eternal
> See all the shitposting

Fuck that, I'll wait till next thread or (maybe) never.

Ze gut, ss force for bolt action?

Dude, just post it. Nobody gives a fuck if those 2 or 3 autists fling shit at each other.

Pleas help lads.

I am looking to sculpt some effects on a power sword, and I would like to replicate the effect that you would see on a lightsaber.

I don't want it to be that pronounced, but I want to give the illusion of the blade in motion.

Does anyone know something that would function like green stuff, but be transparent?

Or, if that fails, does anyone know a rigid transluscent materiel that would work?

Post it. The guy only got tore apart because he had a huge ego. No one is going to attack you just for posting stuff.

yeah ok.

I still have to matte varnish and base.

The drybrushing was on purpose. Not seen in the picture, I used Agrellan Earth to get a dry clay/mud texture on the armor (my army is going to be styled after the terracotta army).

jesus the hammer is a mess. I hope after I matte seal it the shinyness goes away.

The stone skin thing works but the hammer doesn't.

Also note that everyone here but himself (and the alt comments he makes in tandem) thinks he's a fucking tool. Which is why he keeps doubling down on his anger. He HATES it now because he simply let himself go too far down the rabbit hole of defending himself (which he never had to do- but he really wanted everyone to know that his OPINION was right and everyone else is wrong). He still goes on about it what... 3 WIP threads in now? 4?
The guy is a complete loser, but now he can't resist and justifies his angst by convincing himself he is really just a troll.
>hahaha Ill show them
as he cries to himself

Druchii would be a great wash to use on many types of red armours, fabrics, flesh, whatever. Pretty much anything but blood.

yeah... I'm gonna have to fix that. I used a paint I made way back for adding glitter to models (old school harlequins) and I guess it's clumped over time. Supposed to look semi-transparent and full of stars. Kinda looks like a blobby mess currently.

is clearly
Still hasn't learned a thing and claiming everyone else is the problem but him and everyone who disagrees is same fagging. Continues to project even in this post.