Altered Human Quest 3

>Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Altered Human
>Pastebin: pastebin.com/YCFRq4BE

The small sliver of sunlight shining through the blinds rouses you and forces you to your feet into a pair of navy slippers. The morning routine flows through on muscle memory, you grab a granola bar and chow it down, brushing your teeth after. You step through the novelty shower curtain Julio gave you for your birthday, then chuckle at how apt it is now. Checking your closet, you bring out a blue tee and jeans, then put on your favorite hoodie, the one that your band won the Talent Show in. It brings back all the right memories, you almost consider belting out some of "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

The Boss, who after research is called Shocktor, told you that you have the week off until Friday to figure out your powers entirely. That and a persona, said something about how it stops people from associating you with the villain they see, mostly you think he just wants to make you look silly. Costumes are hard, but you definitely don't want something ridiculous, if it were up to you the hoodie would do. All these guys running around in spandex are weirdos, and you'll be damned if you'll give up your knuckles, but you probably need something to stop these heroes from just smashing you with super strength.

You pull the shade and the midday sun greets you, a rare sight in this city. It pulls you out of your thoughts and lifts your spirits.

>Fear 1/5

>Go see how your powers work in broad daylight
>See Frank about getting some armor and weapons
>Check somewhere for costume pieces (Where?)
>Go research the local cape scene
>Call somebody
>Write-in

>>Check somewhere for costume pieces (Where?)
I'm imagining a black suit with a red tie, with a full face mask.

Writing.

First thing's first, you need something that can stop some guy with his underwear on the outside from knocking your block off. Luckily, you know Frank. He supplies most of the Amps with weapons, and if what he says is true, he made the boss' suit. You've seen that thing take a bullet straight to the chest and not even bend. He practically lives in Roger's Pub, so you start walking to Barghest Street.

The first thing that you notice is the people everywhere. The sun seems to have brought everyone out to meet up, basketball courts normally left to the dealers are filled with pick-up games, musicians looking for cash play on the corners, the city feels alive. It's times like this that you think about your friends in the Cage, wondering if they're out in the yard doing the same. Before you can finish your thought, you reach Roger's. Whereas he normally does his day drinking in the back, Frank is instead sipping stout at a table out front.

"Hey, 's Mike! How's it goin'?"

"It's complicated, was looking to talk to you about business."

He slips you a piece of paper with various items and prices on it, at first it looks like a takeout menu. Then you realize that they're all various illegal items and services. He must be taking his shop more seriously.

>Shock Baton: An electric choice. Shown to be effective on even capes. $100
>Jobber: A counter to the classic tracking device. For the subtle supervillain. $50
>Slammers: A concussive twist on Brass Knuckles. Non-lethal, to a point. $150
>Marconi Masks: Personalized masks for the distinguished cape. $75
>Castle Costumes: The forefront of protective style. We'll work with you on what you need. $100
>Try to haggle (1d20)
>Write-in

>>Castle Costumes: The forefront of protective style. We'll work with you on what you need. $100

How much do we have?

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>Castle Costumes: The forefront of protective style. We'll work with you on what you need. $100
>Try to haggle (1d20)

$500

>>Jobber: A counter to the classic tracking device. For the subtle supervillain. $50>Slammers: A concussive twist on Brass Knuckles. Non-lethal, to a point. $150
Marconi Masks: Personalized masks for the distinguished cape. $75

Costume and mask, Slammers, no haggle. $325. Writing.

"I'll take the Slammers, mask, and costume." This should help with making the grade when it comes to the boss' deadline.

Frank pulls a pair of oddly shaped red brass knuckles out of his pocket, then grabs two business cards from another. He hands them to you as you hand him the cash, the knuckles feel perfectly weighted in your palm. The two business cards are for a dry cleaners and a bicycle shop, sharing names with the two businesses you bought from.

"Been waiting for you to get those slammers, knew you'd love them. They'll knock your classic Alt through a wall. Tell Vince Marconi I'm a friend, he'll get you the good stuff."

"Thanks Frank, how's the wife?"

"Pretty good, thanks for getting the band together for the wedding by the way. You might run into her at Castle's."

"Well, I'll head out."

"See ya Mike."

>What is your first destination?

Castle

Well I guess that's the answer.

You head towards the address on the business card for Castle Cleaners, and are surprised to find it just one block down on Tulley Street. It's located in a strip mall with a small sports shop and the Joltin' Cup. You briefly consider cashing you free coffee, but put the reason you came here before that. The bell dings as you enter Castle Cleaners.

"Welcome to Castle Cleaners, pick-up or drop off?" A teen with a nametag labeled Jerry greets you in a dull voice, barely paying attention to you. He seems to be texting somebody.

"Frank sent me here."

"Why don't you pick up his order in the back room?"

You walk behind the rows of opaque covers and through the back door, stepping directly into a dimly lit storage room filled with mannequins displaying various costumes. A lot of them look familiar, but you were never into Alts. A small tablet lays on the table and the screen says Samples. You swipe it and a list of themes and words come up. Some of them stand out.

>Intimidating
>Practical
>Henchman
>Frightening
>Search more words (Write-in)

>>Practical
>>Search more words
Suit, tie.

>>Frightening
>Practical

Something like this

>Intimidating
>Practical
>Henchman

>>Practical
>Intimidating

Definitely. Intimidating business wear.

Intimidating and Practical. Writing.

You tap the words Practical and Intimidating, filtering thousands of results into hundreds. You could just go through all of those, but since you're lazy you click one of the first keywords also. Amps. The choices narrow to a good four, all of which former leadership. The stubs expand into small entries about each costume. All of them seem to describe a style rather than a specific costume.

Demon
A suit covered in armor plates, black as the night and accented with soft LED tubes that can be changed to any suitable color. Thin enough to fit under clothes, but thick enough to stop a small caliber bullet. The only downside to this level of protection is a slightly higher weight of the reinforced plates. Custom logos available on request.

Shade
Designed to flow with movement, this suit has a patented fabric that leaves a heavy motion blur to confuse targets. It provides the appearance of a ghost and allows for very free movement. Thin enough to wear under clothes.

Scorn
This style utilizes subtle framing tricks to make your frame more intimidating, as well as custom fabrics to accentuate the look of powers. Has shown to mimic the general appearance of most forms of power, such as the case of Neon Mask using his powers made the fabric glow. No real advantages in combat.

Balor
This is a choice for those looking to stand on par with powerhouses. It's bulky, ugly, and weighs a lot. The various armors piled up have enhanced strength circuits to help wear it effectively. If you want too ditch any mobility for the toughness of a tank, this is the stlye for you

>Demon
>Shade
>Scorn
>Balor

>Balor

>Demon

Demon

>Scorn

>Demon

>Shade
Like the wraith idea.

>Scorn
If you guys would look beyond the first option it would be great.

scorn

Extending ten minutes for people to debate.

Our powers are based on perception, and Scorn is designed to help with exactly that.

Scorn
Fear form can handle physical damage, and this suit helps scare them to gather fear, so we can use it effectivly

>Shade
Better for that appearance of a wraith, but if scorn works with powers we could effectively morph into others (sources of victim's fear) with our fear ability.

>8 players
>10 votes

Standard Fare

Going ghost

Spookman, also samefagged. There should have been 7 votes total.

Crushmaster

We're doing Final Destination because somebody cheated.

Only votes with one ">" will be counted. No words afterwards.

>Demon
>Shade
>Scorn
>Balor

>Balor

>Scorn

>Scorn

>Scorn

>>Scorn

>Scorn

Vote cutoff.

Smash

Spook

Failure

Writing.

Spook wins with two votes.

The Scorn look really speaks to you, even if it doesn't protect you that much. Fear Form should keep you from taking too much damage if it works the way you think it does. And you already have an idea for some uses of the power mimicry. So you click it and the next screen has a selection of various costume designs, but most are blurred out. The tablet says that Scorn is only available in the Baron design, a three piece suit.

A door swings open from a dark corner of the room and a tall, lanky man in a tailor's outfit walks out. He looks you up and down, then pulls out a notepad.

"Yes, Scorn should look good on him, the framing should compensate for a less built figure. When I work out the plating for the Baron design I'll replace the unarmored variant, though I wonder what his power will imprint to the suit."

He snatches your palm and pricks it with a needle then rubs the blood on a purplish-black cloth. It quickly becomes streaked with red over the black, the purple tint being replaced by a gray smoky look. He eyes it approvingly. This guy's nuts.

"Yes, perfect. I can finish the suit by tomorrow, then he'll pick it up up front with the ticket I give him and... oh there it is." He tosses a small pink slip behind him and walks back through the door talking to himself.

You pocket it.

>Go to Marconi's Bikes
>See if Frank's wife is here
>Call the boss and inform him of your decision
>Write-in

> See if Frank's wife is here

>>Go to Marconi's Bikes
Save the coffee until after.

>Go to Marconi's Bikes

Meeting the bride again

"Bicycles"

Writing.

>See if Frank's wife is here

You leave the cleaners and check the business card for Marconi's. You then immediately bite your tongue. It's in Ohm turf. You subtly take off your pin and walk two blocks down. The old apartment building that marks the divide is covered in tags declaring various leaders, and you see yours on the walk by. You avoid trouble well enough and get to Marconi's without getting recognized.

"Welcome sir, how can I help you today?" This guy's nametag says Vince, so you know exactly what to tell him.

"I'm a friend of Frank's."

"I knew you looked familiar, the wedding right? Come with me."

You follow him to the back and behind a shelf in storage is a door. Inside is a room filled up the walls with masks. You have no clue where to start.

"It's a little daunting, I know. What're you looking for in a mask? Full face? Domino? Elaborate? One color?"

>Frightening
>Full face
>Something strong
>Simple
>Elaborate
>Write-in

>>Write-in
Any clowns per chance?

>Frightening
>Full face

>Frightening
>Full face
>Something strong

>>Frightening
>>Full face
This mask

>Full Face
>Frightening

Clowning around

Spooky mask.

Writing.

"Frightening, strong, covers my whole face."

"Hmm, I'll find some things, give me a minute."

He comes back with 4 masks, and they all seem to be made of hard materials.

The first one is a mask of a clown with its face twisted into a grin and stuffed with yellowing teeth. The eyes are a deep black and fake stitches crisscross the face. The whole thing pulls it together into something from a nightmare.

The second one he holds up very proudly. "This one will change with powers, I patented it myself!" You grab a hold of it and it does the same thing the suit did, but the streaks move and the smoke flies off in wisps. The mask itself is merely a blank face, but it has a bit of it's own menace.

Another one is a simple skull mask with a red hood over it, but the eyes give it the detail. You have trouble describing them, but they seem real, like they could look at you any moment. Then they do. You almost jump out of your skin until you see the tag that says "Eyesync Technology".

The final one he brings out is a dark green helmet with a black spiral over the forehead. "This one was worn by Frightening Bug back in the prime of the city, one of the Big Three villains and the founder of the Amps. I kept it for when an Amp wanted a mask. Anyone who knows their stuff would freak at this."

>Clown
>Scorn
>Eyesync
>Frightening Bug

>Scorn
Are we going to become slenderman now?

>Scorn

>Scorn

>Scorn
Are there facial features that are smoothed out or is it just completely smooth? Also, what color?

It looks like this, It's black and when it comes into contact with you it streaks with red and throws gray wisps of smoke.

Great. Just gotta get it fitted and maybe something to make it comfortable.

Yeah that sounds good.

Awesome.

Pretty unanimous.

Writing. Last update.

"I'll take the second one." It matches the suit, and Mom always said to match your clothes.

"Great choice, let me get some of the material made and we can fit it tomorrow. Until then, try this one out for a bit. Some other Alts showed some fun effects on it."

You place the mask over your face and it does feel very uncomfortable, but then you start channeling a small amount of fear through it and watch in the mirror. You feel it reach out to Vince and the mask streaks red and smokes, then it shifts into a shockingly realistic dog mask with teeth bared and red eyes. You take it off before Vince can see it, it might scare him like that crazy Alt from yesterday.

"So, how'd it work?"

"Perfect, thanks Vince."

"No problem-"

"Mike"

You hear a crash from the front room and shouting. Vince looks panicked and tosses you the mask. He then hides in another secret door and yells out to you.

"That's protection come to collect, help me so I don't have to call in a favor and you can have the mask we make tomorrow and some spare material for free. Deal?"

You briefly consider saying no, but your kindness gets the best of you. "Deal."

>The mask has given you- Partial Fear Form

>END THREAD

>Twitter is @xLostCowboyx, thread probably tomorrow. Today's question is "If you had superpowers, what would you wear?"

Snazzy fucking outfit

Depends on the powers. Flight lends itself well to capes, for example.

>Today's question is "If you had superpowers, what would you wear?"
Either absolutely nothing or a snazzy suit+cape, like mysterio from spiderman