Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Yde7f9F
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=358351
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>BTC
>Lasting 10 years

God people are fucking stupid

54% have a brain

Do you genuinely believe first mover advantage will still hold BTC at the top for another 10 years? We're still in the early days of crypto in a relative sense

Gold is the only right answer.
All other options are subject to forks, government manipulation and sudden changing of the rules.
In that list, gold is the only thing with intrinsic value.

T.brainlet

Treasury bond you idiot

nothing has intrinsic value you retard

prob not

i'd take index fund over all those

no interest

and government could confiscate gold too

>83% of Veeky Forums can't into representative sample

this is literally global cash. Going up!

>2% of people want their gift to bleed value and be unable to buy anything other than a meal at mcdonalds when they finally receive it

70% BTC 30% GOLD
because crypto is here to stay and COMEX will fuck off at some point

whats the current rate on that bond

2.37%, basically absolute trash-tier. You're better off getting gold.

Plus America has to still exist in 10 years...

2.37% more than the interest rate of that gold

The obvious answer is gold.

Federal Reserve
>dude its only 2% yearly inflation
Bitcoin
>implying bitcoin will not be replaced by monero
US Treasury Bond
>same as reserve notes

Were not in the early days. More like we’re nearing the peak. When normies begin to flood in, shit will go down

holy fuck you are a real brainlet huh user
bonds are inflation protected

>no choice for rare gemstones
fuck ugly gold and numbers on a screen

b-but muh yield curve flattening

>trusting gubbermint IOU's

>forks
Forks give you an equal amount in the fork, how is it a bad thing if you're holding?

>rare gemstones
The entire market of gems is artificial and controlled by a handful of companies.
If De Beers releases all the millions of diamonds it has already mined and stored away in vaults you could buy a diamond ring for 0.1% of its current price.

I meant to reply to

>people seriously saying gold
If you want to lose money sure

>bonds
There is a very high chance that the US could default in the next 10 years. I'll take the gold, thanks.

dude even venezuela's bond holders are gonna get paid and half the country is starving lmao

They'll get paid in fucking paper, dipshit. I do have some BTC, but I have about $2500 in silver and almost 1 ounce of gold too.

where did I say that I would choose bonds, brainlet #2? I simply pointed out that bonds aren't the same as reserve notes regarding inflation

>They'll get paid
Yeah, they'll get paid nothing because they will offer either the option of default or hold your pieces of paper for another 10 years.

>intrinsic value
this meme needs to die

venezuela is technically in default right now but everyone knows the holders are getting paid. if nothing else bondholders are getting paid in oil barrels

10 year treasury bond or Gold.
US credit is better than 90% of the world, so if we fail, everyone fails. Gold usually stores its value so that's okay too, but it won't appreciate.

Dude, you realize bitcoin can be improved right? Do you even know about the lightning network? Don't you know it's implemented soon? Don't you know it makes all your alts (almost) worthless overnight?

An issuer of fiat currency can't go bankrupt

Lets all move the discussion here: discord.gg/Yde7f9F

Fuck off

you're using the wrong definition of intrinsic.
gold's intrinsic value is 1% of it's market price while a bond's intrinsic value is 99%.

Gold obviously. Bitcoin will be eventually dethroned.

Also, if you chose FIAT, you are just stupid.

It is gonna be fun when we start mining asterois in a few years.
Protip: you cant find bitcoins in space.

>Dude, you realize bitcoin can be improved right?

And yet almost every alt is still better than it (sans lightning largely which other alts can implement too)

if you had bought gold 10 years ago at around 10k, you would have roughly the same returns as a bond today.
expect the price of gold hasn't moved up in 6 years so I don't know why anyone would want to bet on that horse again.

>Were not in the early days.

Early days of crypto, not early days of BTC

But they can inflate it away to nothing in the next reflation, which is due immediately after the next deflationary bust (i.e. well within the next 10 years)

And what makes you think that the US will last another 10 years?
>confiscate gold
How would they know where I buried it?
Gold is valuable everywhere in the world, and even in the universe. Bonds aren't worth shit once that country or even human civilization collapses.

>he doesn't realize lightning is useless
This will be painful for you

Gold is created exclusively in very high energy reactions, did you flunk high school? Gold is equally rare everywhere in the universe, mining an asteroid won't yield more gold than mining on earth.

>implying the usa will survive another 10 years

did you look around you? your country iw not far from collapse and balkanization

Yup. It has to happen.

Tell me more pal.
In others news, an asteroid with more gold than all gold on earth.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=358351

Yeah, what? I'm guessing you have some bcash, my friend?

I'd invest it in Exalted Orbs they're about as stable as BTC.

if you're assuming the end of the civilized world then the real money is in survival gear.
guns, seeds, canned foods, quality cloths, etc. are all going to trade for way more than a rock.

also we've mined so much gold over the past few decades that if were blasted back to the middle ages there's going to be so much of it relative to trade able goods that you'd have to carry around 50 lbs of the stuff just to buy a cow.

Why do people always think those that hate BTC are cashies? I only hold BTC right now and I accept it as a piece of shit only held up by brand name

lol BTC wont last for another 5 years let alone 10

no, I just read up on Lightning network.
It's a joke.
You'll only be able to send roughly 1/10th of what you lock up in your channels, and the more money you have, the more difficult it is to send.

Best case that's the only catch. Gross!
Setting up the channels will be roughly 10 transactions on chain. That's at $4 a transaction, if you want it set up within 24 hours.
Then whenever you need more money in the channels, that's another on chain transaction. Another when you close a channel...

Unless you get paid in LN, and its universally used, the chain will be a huge limiting factor.

epic

Diamonds are fucking useless in the first place, nobody even cared about diamond rings until after the DeBeers made some massive campaign about it. Suddenly all the brainlets wanted some shitty Hardened Carbon ring. IT IS LITERALLY FUCKING CARBON. The shit that's in your fucking pencil.

You can make as many bitcoins as you want though.