Combine your favorite video game and the last video game you've played

>Combine your favorite video game and the last video game you've played
>this is now a new tabletop setting

How did it work out, Veeky Forums? Is it something you would play?

>Morrowind and Morrowind

Yeah it does well done

>favorite video game: Planescape: Torment.
>last video game: EYE: Divine Cybermancy.

Well Hell's Bells! That is just perfect.

>"Let's break some Jian Demon legs, Deva Mentor!"
>Gained some souls.
>Gained some souls.
>Gained some souls.
>Gained some souls.
>Time to break the cycle of reincarnation, Nameless One.

Monster hunter generations is latest, pokemon is my favourite.

Taste my hammer pikachu! I need your hide for a new hat!

>your favorite video game: Sacrifice
>and the last video game you've played: Kara no shoujo

>1956's Tokyo, a city where PCs run a small detective agency
>becomes a battlefield for five gods struggling to gain influence in order to vanquish one another. The prophecy foretelling mysterious vagabond filling the chalice of fortune only stokes the flames of war and promises that only one will remain.

I'm not exactly sure if it did work out nor if there's any combination of those 2 which allows it to work out.
Would probably play though.

Final Fantasy 6 for favorite video game, I Am Setsuna for the last video game I played.

So it's a world/setting with JRPG tropes and has a subtle time travel shenanigans theme, with a fair bit of depressing scenes and moments of hope enduring and surviving (in the form of PCs pushing back the tides of darkness) when everything around you looks to be sliding into death and despair.

So... A slightly less magicpunk-y Eberron? Maybe tone down the JRPG tropes and it could probably work out fine.

>Favourite: Mass Effect Series
>Most Recent: Total War Warhammer.
I guess i got a bad ending in ME3 and the relays are all destroyed. Everyone is stuck on a single planet fighting each other over land. The Krogan live in the north, in a large war horde ready to sweep south.
The turians take on the role of the bretonians, warlike and proud.
The Volus begin digging for resources and begin recording grudges in the new book of Plennix.the continuously fight raids from vorcha.
The Geth reside to the far south in the desert. No one really underatands what they want.
The quarians live in sylvania, being wierd and quarian.
The humans stay central and worship the Shepard, as there primary god.

Metal Gear Solid 3 and Overwatch.

So basically Metal Gear Rising, but set in the cold war. I can live with that.

>favorite video game: monster hunter series
>last video game: Overwatch

Hunting colossal monsters using advanced technology and disturbing amounts of waifuism. I can dig it.

>MGS3
>Some mobile zombie game
Idk maybe

Ôkami and Dark Souls

I thought this was kind of dumb at first, but actually.. Japanese aesthetic and folklore mixed in with Dark Souls own style and gameplay would work pretty well.
Better than the Celestial Brush in Lordran anyway.

Fucking hell, imagine fighting Orochi as a tiny human, dodging those pissing massive heads with elemental breath attacks. That would be intense.
So, would I play samurai dark souls with demons and the attempt to hold back the tide of curses from swallowing the world? Fucking yes.

>favorite game: Dragon's Dogma
>played recently: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
I WILL RAM THIS TRAIN INTO THAT CYCLOPS

Arisen! Trains need coal and water both!

>Favorite game:
Maiden Rape Assault: Violent Semen Inferno
>Last game played:
EDF: 4.1

isn't that exactly the premise of Nioh?

Favourite game : Stardew Valley
Last played game : Pokemon

So I have a game where I score by getting veggies, collecting animals and having children.

I think it's called Caverna.

SMAC and Space Empires V

>some say that a single turn of the game has yet to be completed

Favourite game: dark souls
Most recently played game: dota

Players pick existing dota heroes to explore the land of lordran? I'd play that

Thanks for brining that game to my attention, I hadn't heard of it in any detail before.
Slightly worried by the Team Ninja name, though the concept looks fairly similar and solid.

But yes, basically that if the game turns out to be amazing, or nothing like if that if it's shit.

>Mass Effect
>Monster Hunter

>There is a galaxy-wide guild that contracts 'hunters', genetically-enhanced super soldiers of their various races, to hunt down otherwise impossible to defeat monsters across every planet. There is a lot of exploration and searching for them, as well as working with the people of various planets for help and support
>Monsters range from Thresher maws to mechanical horrors
>You then make weapons out of whatever you kill

>Favorite: can't decide, so going by statistics, Team Fortress 2.
>Most recently played: Bloodborne.

This has potential, but... Having trouble picturing it...

Fashion Souls/Borne still a thing, though.

Okay, I got a pitch.

>Victorian times, nine mercenaries end up in the Hunter's Dream... And there's a second one as well, caused by same reasons as first one, and two brothers are fighting over who's dream is better.
>The mercenaries fight to see who can get to the boss and kill it first, and ultimately end BOTH dreams because FUCK ALL THESE GAY ASS MONSTERS.
>Also, fancy hats.

Resident Evil 4 is favourite. Total War Warhammer is last played.

Going through Old World villages with an arsenal of 20th century weapons , killing crazed cultists, chaos mutants, beastmen, orcs and undead? Sign me the fuck up

>Arcanum
>Anima: GoM
So just lucrecio?

>Skyrim and Dark Souls 3
mostly lore and combat mechanics.

I would buy anything on that premise alone.

>favorite: New Vegas
>Most recent: Furi
This almost makes sense

Halo 1
Star craft 2

Not a fucking clue

Favorite Game: Final Fantasy X
Last Game: Dark Souls

I could dig a version of Spira with more atmospheric storytelling and less reskinned enemies.

Super Smash Bros (specifically melee) and Mount and Blade. I'm not sure how it would work, but it sounds like I'd play the shit out of it.

>Last Game Played: Brawhalla
>Favorite Game: Star Wars Battlefront 2

I guess all the fallen soldiers from both the galactic civil war and the clone wars are gathered together in the after life to fight more?
Sounds decent, would probably be better than the newest Battlefront

Total Warhammer
LoZ Wind Waker

I guess Hyrule would work as a faction; Human core units with non-human auxiliariries.

Of course I'va already mapped out a Twili faction a few years ago, so I'd probably stick to that.

I'm convinced someone already made a LoZ mod from one of the Total War games

Favorite: Deus Ex
Most Recent: Dwarf Fortress

After the Dark Age ending, a group of survivors tries to rebuild civilization in a bunker.

> Favourite: Dwarf Fortress
> Recent: Rise of Nations

Not much changes except the Dwarfs eventually get tanks and shit.

>Last played, Starcraft Brood War
>Favorite, XCOM: Enemy Unknown

So not all that much is different.

I'd play that vidya not sure about a tabletop though

Favourite game: recettear
Recent game: x-com

Tactically take down monsters in dungeons and steal away ancient treasures and doomsday devices in acts of true venture-capitalism to keep your deeply indebted corner-shop afloat

>favorite video game: Morrowind
>last video game: Stardew Valley

Aw man, that would be one hell of a delightfully weird experience. Growing giant mushrooms, having to rent land from the Great Houses, raising Silt riders, having to protect your farm from Dagoth Cage and feral Argonians, then ending with you partaking on a pilgrimage to Vivec's shrine. All with a plethora of waifus to choose from.

Favourite Game: Shadow of the Colossus
Last Played: DOOM (2016)

Slaying demonic giants with a blessed chainsaw that magically reveals weak spots?

I'm down.

Warhammer 40k, it sounds like :^)

>Morrowind
>Elder Scrolls Online

Its elder scrolls online but better, or morrowind but worse.

>Favorite: Morrowind
>Recent: Crusader Kings 2

so the Elder Kings mod for Crusader Kings 2

>20XX
>Doom
In the grim dark future of the year 20XX, the Earth is destroyed by a tidw of unstoppable demons. In orbit, the megacorporation responsible sends down teams of elite wall jumping super cyborgs to rip and tear demon ass.

I do seem to recall that, but I think the guy kicked up some drama and quit?
Shame, really. Playing Hyrule Warriors really made me appreciate Twili Midna.

>Mount and Blade: Warband and Super Smash Bros Melee

I have no idea how that would work.

Holy Poop I Need That Videogame Right Now

>Favourite game Sid Meier's Pirates!
>most recent videogame Sang-Froid

Travel around the world ambushing and trapping monsters then selling their pelts to keep your ship afloat and your crew liquored up in colonial times.

>Hotline Miami
>Fallout: New Vegas
People in animal masks killing gangsters but in the post-post-apocalypse

> Planescape : Torment
> Darkest Dungeon

The Practical Incarnation goes dungeon delving.

>Favorite Game
Harvest Moon

>Last Played
Pokemon

So a sim game about owning a pokemon ranch... waitaminute...

> Mass Effect
> Dota

Gladiator... IN SPAAACEEE!

>Okami
>Xcom

I have to admit this might beyond my imagination.

Unless Ammy becomes a SHIV or something.

>Riven
>The Long Dark

Actually, that sounds pretty awesome as a vgame. A puzzle survivor hybrid.

>favorite: Yandere Simulator
>last played: Skyrim
>mfw
I don't know if this is the perfect image for my reaction. I guess you play as one of the female NPCs out for Dragonborn dick/pussy.

Ring Of Red
Valkyrie Chronicles.
Great, Dust Tactics with cute waifus.

>your favorite video game: Sacrifice

>Mass Effect 2
>Mount and Blade Warband: Napolionic Wars

What the fuck have I created

So like evolved if it had waifuism

>populous the beginning and overwatch.
I don't know what to make of this.

You direct warriors around to defeat demons, and research demon magics and technology to improve your warriors while ensuring you remain on the good side of the various kingdoms? Psi becomes sorcery I suppose.

Overwatch ERP with lots of pregnancy and childbirth.

>tribes led by each of the heroes
Lewd

>Dwarf Fortress
>Dwarf Fortress
I am making this tabletop game right now. It's called the Land of Omen.

>Oddworld: She's Oddysee
>Broken Age

Uh... A clash of greedy corporate science industrialists with mystical fantasy spirit channeling native and the local fauna/raw material. Sounds pretty standard fare to me.

>stalker SoC
>darkest dungeon
Haha. Hahaha haha. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Favorite Game:
Shadow of the Colossus

Most Recently Played Game:
Invisible Inc.
(It's... alright. They probably should have spent longer working on their mapgen.)

Long ago, when the guilds ran everything...
They thought they would be unstoppable in their roaming business colossi...
But then they messed with the wrong group of mercenary spies...
This summmer, take on the role of Unseen Company.
Infiltrate the colossi.
Steal everything you can from the guilds.
Master the sword, bow, and horse to improve your chances of survival.
Receive aid from a mysterious shadow benefactor with mythical abilities which aid your infiltration.
Be completely unsurprised when you get betrayed.

Little King's Story and Skyrim? So basically Civ with more silly elements? I'm down

>Favorite: Dwarf Fortress
>Last played: Bloodborne

Are my dwarves Phtumerians now? Is my fortress a gigantic chalice dungeon?

>jesus-christ-how-terrifying.scare

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R
>4 Winds Mahjong

I don't even.

I mean I guess I could have a Mahjong themed team of Chinese Stalkers going into the Zone.

>Morrowind
>Don't Starve

You spend in-game hours to map out territory or gather resources from already mapped out territory. You spend all your time desperately searching crypts and caves looking for enough loot to sell for the supplies you need to survive the random ash storms and semi-random Cliff Racer attacks and, ultimately, to prove yourself the Nerevarine and defeat Dagoth Ur, all before his corruption spreads across all of Vvardenfell.

Not sure how the combat would work. Morrowind combat is easy to translate into a tabletop format, but Don't Starve's combat is much different with a heavy focus on kiting.

>City of Heroes
>Deus Ex

So, basically the World Wide Red arc from City of Heroes? Alternatively, Captain America: The Winter Soldier?

Either way...
>Super Heroes and conspiracies
Hell yeah, I'd play it.

Favorite: Mana Khemia
Last played: Dishonored

I have absolutely no idea how this would play out.

RollerCoaster Tycoon and DOOM?

Are you fucking shitting me?

You're a goddamn hero yourself for mentioning CoH

>their

Beyond that sounds cool

>favorite: Super Metroid
>most recent: NetHack

I'd play it.

>favorite game: wario land 3
>last played, bloodborne
I have no idea how you would do that.

Favorite game would have to be Dead Rising, but the most recent I played is Oblivion.
So I guess it's a fantasy setting overrun by zombies with a heavy focus on improvisational weapons. I'd try it.

Fund it

Uh. Uhhh....

First off, let me say that I don't even like the Neptunia games, so that makes this mashup all the more horrifying. For me.

As for the game itself, I've got nothing.

>I don't even like the Neptunia games
Rood

>Ogre Battle 64
>Lego Lord of the Rings

...LEGO Ogre Battle would be hilarious and kind of great.

It was the memes.

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>Doom with Aliens mod

Ragtag scavengers on LV-426 who loot abandoned posts and colony buildings and try to survive xenomorphs and electrical storms. Could be great.

It's just YanSim, but set in the College of Winterhold during it's heyday.

>Yan-chan gets a letter
>WE KNOW

>RollerCoaster Tycoon and DOOM?

>Favorite: Madworld
>Recent: Anno Online

Fucking shit dude....
>I'm in charge of running the Games (think The Purge, but FUN) in the early modern period
>Block off an entire section of land in the new world, empire sends me all its unwanted and prisoners
>Paid to develop cities, arenas, and general death traps for the inhabitants to die and kill each other in
>Incentivized for making the most entertaining death sites on the cheapest dollar
>My deathland is based in Australia

>Blorp delayed HDDFQ again an hour before the planned run time
Being Urist is suffering

>Favorite
Prince of Persia
>Last
Darkest Dungeon

mfw I only GM high fantasy action horror

>Fallout 3
>Dark Souls 3

I always did want to fight Liberty Prime, I just didn't expect to be doing it with a lightning-infused Super Sledge.

>Fave is EUIV
>Last was SWBF2

I dont even... how?

Favorite: Serious Sam
Most Recent: EDF 4.1
So giant screaming kamikaze insects (that progress faster than science) fighting backpedaling starship troopers that are carrying gatling guns and cannons: the setting.
I'd try it.

Last I played:
>Some bullet hell shmup nobody hear has likely heard of (Eschatos)
Favorite:
>Uhhhh, hard to pick. Odin Sphere? Trails In The Sky?
Combined setting:
>Norse fantasy kingdom undergoing a rapid industrial and technological revolution are attacked by aliens from the moon, fulfilling an ancient prophecy of all-destroying war and transforming the world into a post-apocalyptic wasteland covered in steampunk ruins where lone heroes battle to re-conquer both the earth and the moon. By dodging lots of bullets and shooting and slashing shit up.

I can dig it.

Shadow of the Colossus and Dark Souls... would be pretty cool. all about lone warriors overcoming the most insane obstacles to achieve victory. But, in the end, was it all worth it?

Problem is that I can't see it working as a group game. Seems more like a 1-on-1 solo type game. Given a good GM, though, sure. I'd play it.

>favorite
Day of the Tentacle
>latest
Avernum

F-F-F-FUND IT!

I need this.
>What is the music of life?
>Sempai's voice.

>Darkest Dungeon
>Halo

So, what? The Library but based out of a command post that receive supplies based on missions complete?
Holy shit I would play this setting so hard.

>World of Warcraft
>EU4

It's literally just a Map Mod

>Last: Fallout 4
>Favorite: Shin Megami Tensei (franchise)

Post nuclear wasteland with demons and raiders and shit. Sounds edgy as shit, but fucking metal. 10/10 would play or run.

>Alt. Favorite: The World Ends With You

Surviving the wasteland after death by pairing up with another lost soul? Having to brave both Realground and Underground threats? Post-nuclear psychic beat-em-up? Sign me the fuck up.

>Metal Gear Solid 3
>Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain
huh