Horus Heresy General /hhg/

All women are Alpharius Edition
Confusing subplots sub-edition
Last time of HHG, there was a whole bunch of Armour chat, some of which got pretty heated. It was decided that Logar outsources his daemon summing to Microsoft, and it was decided that BaC is officially out dated . all this and more last time on hhg: Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Hurray I don't have to make the thread again!

I want Big Bird. In Iron Warriors colors.

You have taught us to be the finest bakers in the land

>"I enjoy being with my Primarch in the Kharybdis;
it's like being immersed in a murderours feeling."

I knew this dull summary wasn't yours.

Looking to make an Iron Warriors Praetor with the Eviscerator from the MKIII set because it looks cool. I have it all more or less planned out, except for the head, I was thinking of using one of the skull-faced helmets from the IW upgrade pack, but I'm also tempted to use Sidonus from the plastic veterans set. Something enraged and screaming would be cool too, though, but not sure where I would source this. Any suggestions?

What's the point of Grave Warden heavy flamer with chem-ammo, when all the models have a template weapon that wounds on a 3+ and get to keep their grenade launcher?

I'm the user who made the last thread summary (something something TLDR), not the fabled Thread-user.

Hey, whats wrong with my summary? I thought it was okay for a first timer

Well if enough of us do it, we can keep a thread up, day and night, never having to wait to continue the memes.

>Using the skull helmet from the legion upgrade
Did they cared who he was before he put on the mask?
HH3 says glory was for the legion itself rather than the individual warrior, and they were quite paranoid...But they are your dudes after all
I'm aware
Forgive my inner "You're not the best you could be". Keep it up, buddy!

We could sieze the memes of production, and secure them for ourselves!

>HH3 says glory was for the legion itself rather than the individual warrior, and they were quite paranoid...But they are your dudes after all
Not him, but you could argue that the mask represents that, seeing as it's the legion's symbol, the Iron Skull.

>Keep it up, buddy!
Thanks....i think?

>memes of production
oh...oh that me chuckle

>We could sieze the memes of production, and secure them for ourselves!
The memes of production must belong to the memesters who produce them. Seize them, brothers!
>the mask represents that, seeing as it's the legion's symbol, the Iron Skull.
Yes, that's my point.
Bueno.

Im confused now. On one side, it's the heavy, on the other, the BR will steal all the memes not bolted down.
Are you here to start the fire?

I don't see anything wrong with that. I'd go with the mask, myself, seeing as I hate bare heads.

>Yes, that's my point.
Oh, sorry.

>tfw don't have HH3
>Can't see the glorious pics and descriptions of my legion
Feels bitter man.

>>tfw don't have HH3
SEIZE THE MEMES OF PRODUCTION, BROTHER!
It's on the OP post.
However, the masked man and an IW clad in MKIII are actually in book 6.
Seize it as well.

But user, much like the BR, We the Party must secure the relics of the people...For the people

Here. It is gift for you.

I can get HH6 from the OP, but not 3 since I'm on mobile.

Thanks user, I have that pic already though.

Well perhaps I'm wondering why someone would hide a relic after securing it for the legion.

Place the pdf file in your phone and you'll have access to it. Do that when you arrive home.

That's a lot of loyally for a traitor

No, I can't access the Mega when it involves multiple books. Like with HH6 it works because it's a singular book, but it doesn't work with libraries, I'm afraid.

The power of compassion and friendship can be really brainwashing.

Re-read what I told you. Download the book in your computer at home. Then you place the pdf file into your phone using a connection cable.

Oh, alright. That makes more sense now.

Dont talk about the power of friendship; you will end up attracting...them

Fine then. Family. All marines are family anyway.

Clever fool, it never occurred to you we were already here? Every board is teeming with friendship, we've made sure of it.

That image is odd.
In the original, they're in a bombed building with a marine leaning against that pillar with the flag on it. In this pic it looks like a fortress in the distance.

So either it's a fortress in the background or an imperial fist left one of the most tiniest flags on a ruined building.

I don't know, but I want to buy that painting only to destroy it myself.

Agreed.

Let’s look at how deep into the Heresy the FW books have taken us

Book 1: Isstvan III - 005.M31
Book 2: Isstvan V - 006.M31
Book 3: Isstvan V, Paramar V - 006.M31; Phall – 007.M31
Book 4: More early Heresy - 006 to 008.M31
Book 5: Calth and start of Shadow Crusade - 007.M31
Book 6: Mezoa, the Nemean, and Bodt - 008.M31; Xana II - 009.M31
Book 7: Prospero - 005.M31

Siege of Terra is 014.M31.

There are a few more things to cover in the early Heresy:
Diamat: DA attack a forge world to prevent Horus from rearming before Isstvan V, 005 or 006.M31
Mars: civil war, 005-006.M31
Thramas Crusade: NL vs DA, 007-009.M31
Signus Cluster: BA vs. Daemons, 005-006.M31
Alaxxes: SW vs. AL, 007.M31
Shadow Crusade: Angron’s ascension, 008.M31
(several locations): WS vs. DG and EC as the Scars try to get back to Terra, 005-009.M31
(several locations): WS sagyar mazan (shattered legion-style warbands) vs. traitors, 005-009.M31
I’m pretty sure Fulgrim’s ascension also happens during this period of time.
They could have Calas Typhon turn all Nurglesque as well.

Mars will probably be its own book, and it could be done later. But the rest still looks like it would take two books to cover. During that time we should get daemonic EC and DG. SoH could get daemons. With WE it’s a little questionable – even with Angron becoming a daemon prince, they don’t seem religious enough for it. However, the Blood Angels’ campaign at Signus Prime really should give us a pure Daemon list (that could be taken as allies).

I’m cutting off the “early Heresy” period at 009.M31, when the White Scars make it to Terra and the Blood Angels return to Ultramar just in time for the inauguration of Imperium Secundus. Then it’s Long March to Terra time. I have no idea if anything interesting happens during that time period.

As future and forever head of of the opposition...this is worrying

Wonder if they'll make any sort of Early Heresy - Late Heresy distinction with the lists at any point, instead of just continuing to pile everything into the same book.

Daemons use their 40k rulebook for now, and I don't see that changing, to be honest.

I'm doubting anyone other than WB getting Daemons, seeing as it's their thing.

I just think the skull helmets look cool is all. Less concerned with the meaning behind it, though glory for the legion sounds good.

Having him as the lone bare-headed guy in my army though makes him stand out more on the table in a sea of gunmental. I'll toy with it once I get the pieces I'm missing.

I know the IW don't really "do" flashy, but I need something so both me and my opponent can tell stuff apart at a glance.

>Mars: civil war, 005-006.M31

Please user, you don't know how much I want this.

You might start seeing some more daemonic stuff out of mechanicum soon, although I doubt it will be an entirely daemonic entity.

Look at that glorious Imperial Fist victory. Why do they have to win in every category.

Terrible 2500 pt List

Alpha Legion, Coils of the Hydra

Autilion Skorr 125

Tac Squad 175
Rhino
Artificer Armor Melta Bomb

Tac Squad 175
Rhino
Artificer Armor Melta Bomb

Seeker Squad 495
10 Man
Proteus TL Lascannons Ceremite

Seeker Squad 495
10 Man
Proteus TL Lascannons Ceremite

Rewards of Treason 1025
5x Acme Brand IVth Legion Beep Boop's

Skorr gives takes infiltrate. Gives to Seekers and Beep Boop's. Mutable Tactics: Scout

Infiltrate Seekers and Beep Boop's, Shoot things turn 1. Charge with Beep Boop's Turn 2.

Also: Hope they don't bring flyers.

Things imperial Fists don't win at.
1 having an alive primarch
2 having a good colour scheme
3 not walking into obvious traps
4 not killing all of your sons in an obvious trap because you're upset
5 negotiating with well armed and fence sitting forgeworlds

I don’t think the Beep-boops can justify costing that much. The rest of the list looks fun.

>Rewards of Treason 1025
>5x Acme Brand IVth Legion Beep Boop's
Top kek.

I wish to see them painted in Alfalfa legion colors.

I will probably never make this list since i am poor but if I do, I was actually debating using Blood Raven colors desu

Wat.

Blood Ravens with stolen Beep Boops.

Not sure why desu showed up.
I am very confused why it's there....

You don't know about the weab filters?

Anyone ever tried converting right hand Catapharctii lightning claws into power fists? I need right handed power fists and only thing I can come up with is to attempt to convert the claws into fists. Possibly by clipping the claws into stubbier fingers or something.

it's t b h

Why do you need right handed fists?

I haven't, desu

Because I'm converting Grave Wardens and want to use the chainfist arms for the grenade launchers, and since Wardens come with fists standard, they have to go on the right arm.

Also add:
6. Hydra Cordatus
7. Hydra Cordatus 2: Iron Boogaloo

Forgive me, but could you decipher that for me? Grave wardens come with right handed grenade launchers attached to the fist, do they not? Are you intending to change which hand the weapon is held in and then uses right handed fists?

Grave wardens have a big grenade launcher mounted onto the right arm and a power fist on the left.

Instead of buying Wardens, I want to convert the models I have into Wardens. After going through several options, I've come to the conclusion that taking a chainfist arm, cutting off the chainsaw blade and attaching a cut down IG grenade launcher to it will make a decent enough grenade launcher. But the chainfist is on the left arm, so I need a power fist for the right. Only fist like thing available for cataphractii are the lightning claws. I'm just wondering if there's any way of turning them into fists without looking like ass.

If you're good with a knife and greenstuff, yes. Granted, as a DG player I personally would buy the models, but hey, that's up to you.

Then what do I do with all these cataphractii? My Elite slots are already full and I got a terminator bodyguard. Also, fuck resin.

Let me guess.

You bought into the meme that you needed 2 BaCs, didn't you?

For DG, all you need is Typhon, and a crapload of Deathshrouds and Grave Wardens.

>You bought into the meme that you needed 2 BaCs, didn't you?

No, I just got one. It came with all I needed, but the catapractii are extra and only slot I can fit them into is the Heavy one.

Oh, alright. If you haven't built/painted them you could probably put them on ebay or somewhere for less than the ridiculous price GW is charging for their BaC solo kits.

Why? I want to use them. Chainmail tabards, vets on the torso, all that. Only problem are the arms and if I just buy the launchers online, I have to buy the fists as well (since the FW models come with chainmail on the shoulders rather than leather straps), and that'll get expensive for minimal returns.

Oh, sorry I thought we were talking about the Grave Wardens? I'm confused.

I have 6 BaC cataphractii and only slot I can put them in is Heavy Support as Grave Wardens. And I sort of want to do that, since they fit well enough into the army. So I just have to figure out how to do the grenade launchers and so far the best conversion idea I've found has been to use the chainfists with IG launchers, but that means the power fist has to go on the left arm.

Unless you got a good conversion idea on how to put the launchers on the right arm. Plain IG launchers wielded pistol style feel rather bland and so far I haven't found any good 3rd party alternatives.

He wants to use the models he has (regular cataphractii termies) as grave wardens. He needs right handed power fists, because he intends to use left handed chainfists to convert to grenade launchers. He's asking if anyone knows a good way to convert right handed lightning claws for cataphractii into power fists. Anything else I can help with?

>go on the left arm

Right arm.

It is probably easier to keep the PF on the right arm and convert the liightning claws.

Looking as the sprues you could cut off the claws themselves, leaving the gauntlet and use the bolter hands with a single barrel and the two ammo drums underslung

Oh, I see.

Well, I dunno what to do then. To be honest, I'd just get the Grave Wardens and when you want to do smaller point games, do an all terminator PotL list, Termi Troops with Grave Warden HS.

1 primarch is alive
2 meant to walk into the trap
3 not negotiating with possible traitors is not a demerit

I bought 2 BaC, I want to spam blob squads and the contemptors seemed pretty good AT...

Don't they have his skeleton cast in amber on the phalanx? Plus brining back IF primarch would be lame.

Old codex retconned to just a hand. Vulkan tells the last imperial fist that he'll let Dorn know his son is doing his chapter justice. Upcoming book will feature him as leasing the custodes. I agree with him staying dead but what can you do at this point.

>leasing
Did you mean to say "leading" or does Dorn actually lease their services out so they get exercise instead of hanging around the palace all day?

Maybe with like lascannons?

I like how 35-80% of 30k threads are memes not fa/tg/uy neck beards arguing about two rules interacting. But when someone has a legit question about how good their list is, its actually a decent conversation.

tl:dr 30k best general.

Wow.
Dorn went from having his skeleton in amber and a dumb unwieldy chainsword to having a hook hand and nice rules. Quite an upgrade, he's like reverse Mortarion.

Wait, can't Primarchs regrow limbs?

Greetings /hhg/! In ancient threads past I was a lowly nood who's got Horus for my birthday and figured I'd start SoH. Since then I've gotten an idea for my army, by reading Fear to Tread.

I want to try and run my SoH with BA allies and run a "Hammer and Anvil" type army, BA running jump troops and stormeagle's and SoH running terminators and tanks.
To that end I've got a 2000pt SoH army thrown together, what do you guys think? Also I'll mostly be fighting 40K armies with this (DA, AdMech and non-decurion Necrons). Also running Horus since I already have him and to save some beaverbucks

SoH, Primarch's Chosen 2000pt

Horus the Warmaster 500pts

Legion Centurion135pts
Cataphractii Armour, Power Fist
Primus Medicae

x10 Justaerin Terminators
x5 combi-plas

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
Legion Vexilla, 2 Heavy Bolters
Rhino
Artificer Armour
Marksman

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
Legion Vexilla, 2 Heavy Bolters
Rhino
Artificer Armour
Marksman

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought
Dual Kheres Assault Cannons

2 Legion Javelin Attack Speeders
Twin-Linked Lascannons

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron
Laser Destroyer Array

1995/2000pts

Don't really know where to put the last 5pts. All C&C welcome, you guys were awesome with help before hope you can help this time!

>good AT
>Assault Cannons or Multi-Melta
>in the game with Armored Ceramite
At least you'll kill TEQ and MEQ.

Though, for about $9 more you can get any loadout you wanted and the Legion specific contemptors instead of the solo ones.

Seriously, does GW think anyone will be monopose dread with only two different gun options?

I meant leading but i like your cannom better.
Wouldn't call it an update, he should have stayed dead. But no they can't, unless you're space god negro.

>But no they can't
Fulgrim regrew a foot during one of the EC short stories, IIRC, so there's a nonzero probability that other primarchs could replicate such a feat.

Well, with the update now Primus Medicae CAN'T take power fists, so you may have some more points to spend.
Also, Horus gives your legion +1Ld. Maybe you could ditch the vexillas IF you need yet more points?

>Assault Cannons or Multi-Melta
>in the game with Armored Ceramite

How does AC stop Rending? And who puts AC on lighter vehicles?

You can always buy any of the Contemptor arms from FW and they go onto the plastic arms with little to no effort. Or get 3rd party guns. Or convert the guns that they come with. One can have dual assault cannons just fine. The Multi-Meltas are quite easy to convert into lascannons with a barrel swap and some alterations to the gun body.

That's ridiculous, but even among the Primarchs Fulgrim's healing was greater than the rest.

Said upgrade, not update.
Also, didn't Angron re-attached his arm once or something?
If Dorn lost his hand, surely they could get him a vat-grown one like they do with regular marines.
Rending cannot explode things. However, Melta isn't so bad. You could scare your enemy into spending a lot of points on AC.

>Fulgrim's healing was greater than the rest.
Mind some sauce there, friendo? All Primarchs are superhuman and have IWND.
If Fulgrim could take a headshot and recover, so could all the others, especially Vulkan and Mortarion.
Magnus heals his spine and repairs his eye (but maybe that was magik).
I think Curze heals his spine twice. That's two separate instances of paralysis to regular people.

Wait what? Why is Fulgrim regrowing feet, and why did he need to in the first place?

Eh, I just felt like ranting. Especially after doing a price conversion between FW's contemptors and GW's monopose ones.

Iirc, Perturabo said it in Angel Exterminatus.

>Rending cannot explode things.

It still allows you to penetrate AV14 and gives you 12 shots to do so with. Since when has dual kheres contemptor become shit? Make it a Mortis and now you can shoot down flyers as well.

Lucius some other EC officers found out about Fulgrim's daemonic possession, dogpiled Fulgrim, and chained him to a table. They then had the brilliant idea of forcing the daemon out through torture. Except Fulgrim had apparently retaken control some time ago and he was just fucking with them the entire time. The captains laughed, Fulgrim laughed, Eidolon got a Laeran necktie, and everyone had a jolly time. Except Eidolon.

Source: The Reflection Crack'd.

Monopose Dread is fine.
3 weapon options is fine.

For $25 US, $30 Max.

Instead they are MSRP for $60 which is stupid as shit.

It's fine, you're allowed to rant about the Monopose 60$ dread. It's like them selling 10 of the old snap fit marines for 55$

He meant it terms of Vehicle damage table.
Yes, rending will glance things to death, but you will not get an explode result

No one is saying Dual Kheres is shit, relax.
I only wanted to prevent someone else missing that bit of info, like what happened with FunkyRatDemon.

>He meant it terms of Vehicle damage table.

I'm fully aware of that, but not everything needs an Explodes result to get destroyed. Nor does Ceramite have any effect on Rending.

I'm on my phone so autocorrect is a bitch. Hopefully they'd just strap on a massive fist with 8 digits that spell out imperial

8 digits you say? >:3

They literally shoved a 10 foot spiked cattle prod up his ass and Fulgrim the whole time was giving them pointers on how far it should get shoved it.

That asside the fuckboi already had a deamon in him which could account for the regeneration

You need three troops choices with Coils

GET IT AWAY! REEEEEE!

That poor snek.

>They literally shoved a 10 foot spiked cattle prod up his ass and Fulgrim the whole time was giving them pointers on how far it should get shoved it.
I know they snorted soylent people mixed with cocaine, but "giving them pointers on how far it should get shoved it" still gets my sides. I can't believe how all of this is canon.