MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Mono-color edition

Previous thread: RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/but-thenwhich-meanswhich-leads-toexactly/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scientific-progress-goes-boink/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thar-rcedh-tournament/
pastebin.com/t2J8Skns
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monowhite-control-nahiri/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flip-liliana-stax/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man I really just need to build Melek. He always sounds like a fucking blast to play.

>Play Gitrog
>Against Titania
>Terravore out with 20 lands in graveyards
This would have been so satisfying if he hadn't prevented the damage.

Playing Meren, just upgraded the precon. What are some things I can add to make sure that, even if I play safe and still get fucked by gy hate, I can still recover and bounce back? Just some good utility creatures? More removal?

Post spicy tech for Titania

Hey guys, I really like Bant, what commander is best for a aggro with heavy synergy in the deck?

Probably Jenara, asura of war. That ability doesn't look threatening, but the second you get going, she's fierce. Go for non-finite mana combos

Thanks user. I will look into the angel

Oh, and Rafiq isn't at all bad, from what I've seen. Derevi and Roon are more combo/tempo decks, and not as much fun as Rubinia, imo.

hi kinda new to EDH

I've been thinking of mana ramp in casual multiplayer and it kind of seems like it's not that great. like, what can you really do with a good mana ramp most of the time?

most of the time, it seems like you'll get hated and wrecked after a good mana ramp if you play anything except for stax or group slug, in which case you will still get hated but you might still win.

then there's the added downside of getting mana ramp cards later in the game when you don't need them anymore (although i guess if you're playing blue/black then that isn't that much of an issue since you have draw for days)

maybe i'm just bad. what are you generally supposed to do with a good mana ramp, for example with a midrange deck?

>non-finite
so... infinite?

Every Derevi deck I see is just stax, so if you like combos that ruin the fun for everyone, Derevi is the guy for you. Roon is like a toolbox and abusing ETB creatures like Resto-Tusk on steroids.

>have landfall guys/omnath out
>float your mana
>cast pic related
>cast splendid reclamation
Wew lad dem triggers
You now have all the mana and elementals coming out out your butthole

Add in an Amulet of Vigor and baby, you've got a brew going

I use non-finite partly because autism. Any true infinite combo ends the game because it has no true resolution. (E.g. phase out 3 O-ring then destroy all permanents. Each O-ring exiles another, with no possible end).

Or do the following.
1. Float 8 mana
2. Overlay that terrain, baby
3. Cast natural balance.
4. Cast splendid reclamation.
5. Eternally rofl

He's pretty great, though you have to be careful when you cast him since if he dies once he becomes practically uncastable for the rest of the game, Riptide Lab has been an MVP in protecting him. I'll post 2 lists, mine and the other Melek user who posts, his looks like a lot of fun, it's based around cloning Melek to get even more copies of spells.
I'm pretty happh with my current lost though I've been looking to put in some GY hate. I'm torn between Relic and Learn from the Past, they both cantrip, Relic is cheaper and a classic GY hate staple but Learn can be cast out of the blue at instant speed, is an instant for the Instant/Sorcery matters cards, and can he cast off the top via Melek, opinions?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/but-thenwhich-meanswhich-leads-toexactly/

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scientific-progress-goes-boink/

Probably Roon, he lets you go into the red zone with fatties and give them Vigilance, or the Angel with +1/+1 counters. Derevi will draw too much hate, Rubinia is more build around with less 99 Synergy and the 6 cmc dragon in bant only gives lifegain, which is pretty boring.

If you try that logic you'll get laughed at.
>Okay I got my combo off and these guys are infinitely exiling each other so we can't do anything else.
>>What? That's dumb.
>>>Yeah. Just exile them all and let's get going with game night.
>B-But it doesn't end!
>>>>user, don't try to stall out a game like this just because you're losing. Since you're not doing anything else I guess it's Jared's turn.

Can't believe no one suggested Rafiq of Many yet.

Try again faggot they keep triggering. No-one can pass turn because they can't even advance the phases. It's jn the rulebook.

Then you have to concede for time stalling the game.

(You)

I swing for 286 trampling damage.

Response?

Does anyone have that competitive Ruric Thar list?

>I realized I have twice as many that I will ever list
>Not choosing a commander in each possible color combination that you will eventually make.

Also looking at what I have lists for (Stars) I'm surprised I haven't done Jarad yet. Maybe I should take a better look at Skullbriar decks and see if I'd rather play him.

I cast Fog.

Nope. It's a draw.

It'd be a draw, wouldn't it?

Cry. I'm starting to dislike that green's lategame fatties are always craterhoof/avenger/nasty terrasty. The more time I put into my Jarad list, the more homogenized it seems with other GB lists. Does this kind of thing bother anyone else, or is it just part of the territory?

Just play some loopy shit for late game instead. It won't be as good, but it'll be fun. My Meren deck has been more fun for it.

Edge of autumn is best ramp spell

Nope. You are intentionally stalling for no other reason than to go to time. If I was the opponent I would not accept a draw and demand that he state each and every iteration until we go to time or he concedes.

104.4b: If a game that's not using the limited range of influence option (including a two-player game) somehow enters a "loop" of mandatory actions, repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw. Loops that contain an optional action don't result in a draw.

I'm fairly sure that if its something like a triple oring loop, and the orings have no other legal targets, it ends in a draw.

Wait. Why are we talking about triple O-Rings in a EDH general?

Learn the rules, retard.

3+ players.

But why?

Because the idea user was expressing is that any "true" infinite combo would end the game in a draw, because unless it was disrupted, it'd be mandatory actions looping forever. The classic example is triple O-ring, with no other viable targets. This ends in a draw. Most infinite combos as we know them conjure up arbitrarily large amounts of whatever and end the game that way, but you can almost always stop the pieces of the combo by choice, rather than having looped mandatory actions. Like how you don't have to choose kiki to untap with a pestermite. It isn't a "true" infinite combo in that way.

This is why I got bored with green so fast. It's so repetitive with its stompys.

> just started playing commander
> have only a gitgud deck
> pull thalia, gisa and geralf and new odric.
I wish my mono white didn't blow, thalia probably stronger as a commander than odric, but probably still not worth crafting around. Probably build g & g but have to rip the black out of my gitrog, but hey, my first zombie deck!

I need to get a wb commander eventually. I hate having all this decent white cards I'm not even using.

What if somone has a stifle in hand and refuses to play it, the loop "could" be stopped but the player chooses not to? What if the player decides hey lets play out the loop for say 8 hours then i will stifle a trigger and end the loop

Than that guy is a total dick, and you call a judge on him for slow play.

Overloaded Cyclonic Rift.
>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thar-rcedh-tournament/ ?

You don't manually play out loops, you use shortcutting.

Yeah, that one.

If they don't play it, it's a draw. If they do, it breaks the loop. They get a yes/no choice.

Sorry, forgot to say thanks. Thanks, user.

I'll probably try to play some kind of boros deck with my next build, if I don't build discard Nath or something. I do hate the dependence on mana rocks though.

Is it me or do effects like Wildfire just not work outside of RG?

I wish they would print more "down to X lands" in red. Then at least you wouldn't be fucking yourself the most when you cast things like it.

I do too. I like the idea of him. Unfortunately I would have no idea where to start since it's such a nonpermanent-heavy deck and I have pretty much no experience with that

Shit, I need a Riptide Laboratory for "Scientific Progress Goes Boink!" Keep forgetting to put it on my orders.

This is proving difficult to google - what are people talking about when they say stuff like "a 75% deck"? Are they avoiding fully optimizing or something?

You're welcome!

Yeah, it's 75% power, I think largely to prevent arms races.

Thanks.

A deck that can shift from operating at full power and at half power as you desire.

>That one commander you halfheartedly want to build but just haven't pulled the trigger yet
>Anons who play it convince you to build it

Sedris is cool but I'm much too selfish to let my creatures go away after going through the trouble of Unearthing them.

I personally run a Grixis Zombie tribal that does well on its own without any commander. My commander of choice for the deck is Nekusar, who I only really summon when I can throw Glistening Oil or Grafted Exoskeleton on him. I also have some stuff in the deck that makes players draw cards in the event of.

Sedris is cool, but not for me.

Rout. Holy Day. Etc.

Seriously, every deck should have multiple ways to deal with all-in aggro.

Oh God there are too many

Is there a commander fitting for White/Probably Blue tokens/defense?
I want to try something radically different from what I have already (Prossh, Mizzix and Purphoros)

Gahiji?

Play a God Emperor Trump deck
Jeskai walls - defenders all day

So don't let your creatures go away after Unearthing them.

It's more expensive than fogs but it also stops "I storm you for le billion damage" etc.

No blocks. During my upkeep, Stifle the trigger.

Pic related

>not donating it to the player who tried to kill you
THE WILL OF ZEDRUU

This proxy is dumb

Hillary plz go, millenial faggot sympathizers are not welcome in my USA

or use this

It also staxes players that depend on upkeep for bonuses

Did I trigger the poor user?

Memes aside, that seems kinda off-flavor for Donnie, he strikes me as more the Crovax Ascendant Hero type

I usually don't list out the cards if only because my lists are always changing (and organizing/updating anything bigger than a .png isn't something I'd do frequently), but I'll see if I can't get one together.

pastebin.com/t2J8Skns I didn't list basic lands.

I actually intend to run a single in Yasova Dragonclaw, now, rather than make him the commander. Not because I don't want to have him as a commander, but someone else already is and has that deck far better tuned than I ever will. Going to stack that deck with !!Fun!! when I get around to it.

Oh hey, my autism seems to be spreading. Gotta love a decent infographic, though, and I feel like a detailed "want" list really adds some personality to the list. I'd redo mine, but so many commanders. Might steal the listing by color idea, though.

>Mono-color edition

Would love for someone to critique my Nahiri the Lithomancer Stax deck.

And of course I forget the link
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monowhite-control-nahiri/

-Have Repercussion on the battlefield
-Unattach Sunforger, Search Library for this card and cast it
-kill opponent unless they Fog or Counterspell

Oh gosh, picturing someone desperately wasting a Fog so they don't get blown the fuck out by their own alpha strike is absolutely hilarious

How do I abuse this guy? I wanna play Jeskai, but Narset is just Superfriends or Turn abuse, Zedruu is meh. Someone redpill me on this guy.

>Pulled Docent of Perfection the other day
>mfw I just realized Docent goes super fucking well with Azami
Time to rev up those shitbrews

>mono color edition
I kind of want to put a tainted aether or a portcullis into my mono black stax deck, anyone have any ideas on what to cut?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flip-liliana-stax/

Help! I wanna build Kurkesh but I have no idea where to begin. What type of artifacts should I focus on and what win conditions could I use?

By the way, what's a good monoblue wincon?

Blue sun's zenith.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the last thread, it makes all of the wizard matters spells way better voidmage prodigy is another good outlet for all those wizard tokens.

Lab man

Well basalt monolith seems fairly good though you need a gemstone array to filter the colorless to red. When you have infinite mana in red what win cons do you want to run comet storm seems reasonable fireball also works, etc.

Cantrips. Shitloads of them. Finish with Distortion Strike or some other unblockable enabler and give him double strike

Fuck it I'm letting the roll decide. I've been torn on who to build for days now.

>1-33 Sydri
>34-66 Alesha
>67-99 Melek
>100 Hokori

Rolled 69 (1d100)

And I put it in the wrong field like a fucking alpha retard

Be a nuisance

voltaic key + gilded lotus + magistrate's scepter = infinite mana and turns.

so i have to rely on one card out of 99 or a tutor to prevent that from happening? nah

you can also phase them out.

>he doesn't like riding the smallest knife's edge of an advantage
You also have Time Stop you fucking pussy

Have fun, user. I know I do.

>Having to rely on that shit

no thanks

You must be boring to play against

dude, the phasing thing is super easy to accomplish.

Fixing to build my first edh deck, and wanting to play U/G as it is my favourite colours. I like playing aggro combo decks. Is there a commander that most resembles kind of non linear and fun to pilot playstyle?

>how someone manages their deck makes it boring for the opposite player and how they manage their deck

You must have a hard time using your brain.

You can also flicker them.

>the trouble of Unearthing them
user, that costs 3 mana with Sedris out. You can make a fuckload of mana in Grixis.