Dragonball Quest #68

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

23rd World Tournament Training

>>youtube.com/watch?v=MeRBON60nVE

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10908368
strawpoll.me/10908371
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

strawpoll.me/10908368

strawpoll.me/10908371

Popo leaves you and Goku to your own devices, returning to whatever it is he does on the Lookout as you try to figure out how exactly you can control your energy.

Your efforts during the fight confirmed that Popo was right about you leaving a trail of energy when you move. As you dashed around the strange man, you might as well have been flashing a neon sign that said "here I am, please hit me!".

But realizing your problem is only the first step to solving it. And therein lies another problem. You don't know how to solve it.

Mr. Popo had said that controlling energy is something that takes a lot of time and effort to do. He also said it calls for a harmony of mind and body. Not too much to go on, really.

Goku seems just as confused, maybe even more so. He paces restlessly, looking lost in thought. Eventually, he gives up and takes a seat, closing his eyes.

>A. Ask what he's doing

>B. Try clearing your mind. If your mind isn't full of thoughts, maybe you can better hear your body (70)

>C. You've become pretty decent at controlling the energy in your body, maybe you can condense most of it into a single spot and keep it trapped there while you move around (80)

>D. Keep running around and trying to force it like you did during the fight with Popo

>E. Something else

>>B. Try clearing your mind. If your mind isn't full of thoughts, maybe you can better hear your body (70)

>B. Try clearing your mind. If your mind isn't full of thoughts, maybe you can better hear your body (70)

>C. You've become pretty decent at controlling the energy in your body, maybe you can condense most of it into a single spot and keep it trapped there while you move around (80)
We aren't im danger we have room for mistakes

ROLL

Rolled 37 (1d100)

rollin

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Rolled 84 (1d100)

mah nigga

Goku might have the right idea. Or, maybe not, as you aren't sure what he's doing, but whatever it is gives you an idea.

You take a seat not far from him, closing your eyes and attempting to clear your mind.

At first, it doesn't go well, as various images keep popping into your head. Everything from your friends, to your parents, to King Piccolo, to thoughts of the mysterious guardian, all of these things distract you. Eventually, you do manage to drive these thoughts away, but never for long, as they keep persisting at the edge of your consciousness, eventually pushing their way back into your mind's eye.

Things aren't helped by the fact that Goku grows frustrated pretty quickly, fidgeting around and waving his tail, and sometimes outwardly groaning or complaining. It's another distraction, and it slows your progress considerably.

But, as hours pass, you seem to start getting the hang of it, pushing all thoughts from your mind for minutes at a time.

And, in those brief minutes, you're able to get a better sense of what your body is doing.You're acutely aware of each breath you take, and each sensation felt by your body. You can feel the occasional breeze on your face as clearly as if it were the wind from a hurricane, you can feel every bit of texture of the ground beneath you, and can practically see it without looking at it.

And, near the end, you can even feel the tiny sparks of energy leaving your body with each breath, something that you hadn't noticed before.

Goku's yawning shatters your focus, and you open your eyes to the sight of the setting sun. You've been up here all day, sitting and focusing.

"This is hard," Goku comments, reaching up and scratching his nose.

"You should expect everything to come easy to you," Popo advises as he tends to some of the nearby flowers.

>A. Go back to what you were doing

>B. Tell Goku to focus

>C. Something else

>C. Something else
Meditate while focusing on our Ki like we did in Jingle Village.

>>B. Tell Goku to focus
Bet Goku that you can do it first and loser buys the other Dinner?

>>B. Tell Goku to focus

Should not*

Dammit

>B. Tell Goku to focus
and this

seconding

So that thing that powered you up for two seconds?

You want to try and do it without passing out?

Yes Soms back
So we shouldn't leave Kami's lookout without being prepared to beg to be let back in. Our best bet is to stay put and be trained to be earth's line of defense with Goku.

>A. Tell Goku to focus

>B. Try this without passing out (70)

B

Can't we do both?

Yeah, but A implies you just go back to what you were doing, B is doing something different

Does it? I did not get that impression from A

ROLL

Rolled 27 (1d100)

Olmec be praised!

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Your prayers have been answered through this user's roll

Another clutch, lucky for Tofoo

Damn we're lucky tonight.

You tell Goku to focus, then immediately disregard your own advice and switch what you're doing.

You do your best to clear your mind again, finding that it takes a little while to get focused again after Goku's distraction. But, you eventually manage it, though this time you change the object of your focus.

Rather than your body itself, you focus on the energy within your body, attempting to recreate what you did in Jingle Village years ago. Back then, you were able to tap into your energy and briefly increase your speed, and presumably your strength. Doing so caused you to pass out in the snow, and you'd like to avoid those results tonight.

You manage to replicate what you did in the village, spreading your energy all over your body. A rush of adrenaline fills you, and you feel stronger than ever before. Your breathing quickens, and your body trembles as the energy begs to be directed or released.

Taking a deep breath and putting your willpower to the test, you manage to return the energy to where it came from, and your body returns to its normal feeling.

You open your eyes, finding Goku and Popo both staring at you. Goku looks surprised, and a tad confused, but you get the feeling Popo has seen something like that before.

>A. Ask Popo if you can try to defeat him again

>B. Go back to what you were doing before, try to hear your body

>C. Go back to what you were doing before, but try and control your breath to the point where energy doesn't leave you every time you breathe (90)

>D. Something else

>>B. Go back to what you were doing before, try to hear your body

>>C. Go back to what you were doing before, but try and control your breath to the point where energy doesn't leave you every time you breathe (90)

if we can do so without the risk of passing out

otherwise

>B. Go back to what you were doing before, try to hear your body

>>D. Something else
why are you guys looking at me like that is something on my face?

You probably won't pass out, but if this deadlock doesn't get sorted out, I will go back to B

C.

Just to break the tie, and I'm feelin' lucky.

ROLL

Rolled 76 (1d100)

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Rolled 59 (1d100)

oh boy

You've managed something big. If you can tap into your energy like that for short, intense bursts, you can give your punches and kicks an extra kick. That could be invaluable in future battles.

With one victory securely under your belt, you go back to what you were doing before, clearing your mind once again (this takes a little bit due to your success making you excited) and listen to your body once again.

Your breathing is what you focus on in particular, as you try to stop yourself from expelling energy with each breath. It's just a small amount, but it probably leaves a trail behind, and if you let energy leak out while you sit still, it's no wonder you're so easy to track while you're moving.

Controlling your breathing to that degree, however, proves too difficult for you to fully accomplish. With each breath you take, you struggle to keep your energy inside, but it just doesn't seem to work. In fact, after a while, it seems to get worse.

This doesn't seem to be working, but you get the feeling that you're on the right track. With practice, you might be able to master this. And, you did successfully learn to tap into your energy, so there's at least one victory today.

With a sigh, you open your eyes.

It's pitch black out now. You can't even see Goku anymore, let alone Popo. There might not be much more you can do as far as training until the sun comes back up.

>A. Go to sleep

>B. Try again to control your breathing (89)

>C. Something else

>A. Go to sleep

>>B. Try again to control your breathing (89)

>>A. Go to sleep

>A. Go to sleep

>C. Check to make sure you're not just sleeping on Popo

>>A. Go to sleep

You've done enough for one day.

Lying down, you close your eyes and let sleep take you.

When morning comes, you're awoken to the sounds of Mr. Popo humming to himself. Opening your eyes and letting out a yawn, you sit up to find him tending to the gardens, just like yesterday.

He doesn't acknowledge you in any way, just does about his business and leaves you alone to do as you wish.

A few feet away, Goku is snoring, lost in a deep sleep.

>A. Go talk to Popo (specify what you want to say)

>B. Go back to what you were doing yesterday, and try to control your breath (89)

>C. Challenge Popo to another battle

>D. Go back down to Korin Tower

>E. Something else

>B. Go back to what you were doing yesterday, and try to control your breath (89)
This'll only take about 30 tries.

>>B. Go back to what you were doing yesterday, and try to control your breath (89)

>>B. Go back to what you were doing yesterday, and try to control your breath (89)
>>E. Something else
Tell Popo his garden is pretty.

Seconding this.

>C. Challenge Popo to another battle

ROLL

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Rolled 55 (1d100)

rollin

Once again, you attempt to control your breathing to the point where you waste no energy on each breath.

And, like yesterday, it proves to be a vain effort. You give it all of your focus and effort, but are simply unable to do anything to keep yourself from losing energy.

Sighing in frustration, you look over to see Popo still tending to the plants, which look quite beautiful. You suppose that the gardens in the domain of "God" should be impressive.

"Your gardens are pretty," you compliment Popo.

He smiles at you. "Thank you. It's one of my favorite parts of life up here."

>A. Explain what you're doing, and ask what you're going wrong

>B. Challenge him again

>C. Try again (88)

>D. Go back down

>E. Something else

>>A. Explain what you're doing, and ask what you're going wrong
Honestly, I can totally see Popo pulling a "You never asked." on us.

And probably wake Goku up for this, pinch his cheeks

Except maybe don't waste time explaining it in any detail, he clearly knows what we're trying to do.

So, anons, after the tournament, do we dive into monogamy like Goku did, or risk it all like Yamcha?

That is a random as fuck question to ask and the answer is yes.

The DB girls don't put up with harems. SOM certainly won't let you get away with it.

When I want harems and good luck, I'll go to Mecha Space Pirate, when I want monogamy and bad luck, I'll stay here.

No, by all means, go ahead and try to sleep with other women when you're with Bulma/Suno/Lazuli, see what happens

This fag won't even give us a qt trapfu

On a scale of one to 100, how likely is it that we could get Piccolo to not be an evil douche before the Tournament? How hard would we have to try to be able to get this to happen?

At this point, you've become a bit frustrated by your failure to control your energy properly. So, you explain what you've been doing to Popo, and ask what you're doing wrong.

"You want the honest answer?" Popo asks. "You aren't doing anything wrong. You're trying to control your breathing, and keep your energy from leaving a trail, and that is one of the things you need to work on. You simply need time. You're so used to learning things quickly, that you're becoming frustrated when things don't work right away. Patience is one of the most important traits of a good warrior, and one that both you and Goku have not mastered."

As if to prove Popo's point, Goku wakes up, hopping to his feet and looking around. Seeing you and Popo, he approaches, looking up at the big man hopefully.

"Mr. Popo, can you help me train today?" he asks.

"Me?" Popo asks in turn.

>A. That sounds great

>B. Go back and try again to control your breath (88)

>C. Something else

>A. That sounds great

>>B. Go back and try again to control your breath (88)

>A. That sounds great

>A. That sounds great

That easy? Shit SOM, forget the Lookout, let's find a lil' green dude.

What if we sense him training? Can we proposition Kami with bringing Piccolo back to the Lookout?

Not as in a roll, as in your chances of it happening

1 one percent chance, maybe lower

HAHAHAHAHA, good luck with that

Why would it be so hard to sense a strong presence that we're familiar with?

You might sense him, but you will never find and capture him

Also, Junior isn't stupid, he knows how to keep himself hidden

Isn't Kami friends with Piccolo? I'm pretty sure they use to hang out together.

Rolled 66, 36, 1 = 103 (3d100)

Lol dude I bet we could've passed the 88 dc if we used these rulls

Rolled 84 (1d100)

A CHANCE WORTH TAKING

Deadlock

You would have lost that bet.

Anyone else Vietnam'ing back to that fight with that Gurumes bitch?

ROLL

Rolled 11 (1d100)

>A

Rolled 51 (1d100)

Olmec bless my dice!