Warmachine and Hordes General

Electro Leaps Edition

New NQ 67

new.vk com / doc34805648_437754782?hash=6459541cede4bfe0bb&dl=bb2da8ec7bd3b534d1

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5e4p5
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Old Thread:

Nephelim soldiers are pretty good now right? About to go into week two of journeyman league, and I thing a soldier would be super helpful.

>biggest problem is Khador
>on feat turn, can reliably deal 12 points of damage to a arm 20
>fuck you and your big ass axe

And that's worse case scenario (going against Khador). Mat 7 means I can somewhat reliably chop off just about any things arm, or in case of hordes cripple something like body.

I think the problem you would have facing a heavy warbeast with a soldier is that they just spend a fury to heal up and push your shit in.

Honestly I found my best bet in my league was to just go for assassination.

Any special tricks that work? Everyone likes to keep their caster back, and right now I've got no special tricks to use. Feels like the only way to get anything out of kryssa is pop feat and pray for a crit

Are trolls just boned for Journeyman league? How can I not just lose to all these Battlegroup heavy Warmachine boxes?

Honestly, just grind through it. BB games aren't meant to be super balanced as it is, they're mostly about learning the rules.

But I think your caster is great at that level. Yea, you don't have a heavy, but you've got reliable knockdown to fuck with enemy heavies and easy access to cover.

My league did 15 points for week 2. But otherwise yes, yes they are.

Our league let folks build their first battlegroup and then go from there. Still no characters, etc first few weeks. Unfortunately some dudes are just building lists for the points level every week, and it turned into a bunch of bullshit.

What I found worked in my league. (Mind you there were a lot of beginners) Was to swing the neraph up the flank and force my opponent to either move a beast/jack to deal with it opening up a lane for Kryssa.
Of course Kryssa's assanation range is absolutely ludicrous 17" if i recall hitting at P+S 16 with on hit fire on a feat turn. So don't be afraid to send her in if an opportunity presents itself

Shredders are totally fucking useless and should have been replaced by a raek, you might get to use their animus to charge Kryssa but overall they are garbage

My league went up by 10pts in the second week so I picked up a Raek to go hard and that would be my recommended pickup for you due to the extended control range giving you 24" to flank with.

Honestly it's all about using your speed to force up into the caster especially considering you're probably playing against a fuckton of khador and Legion can't attrition them. You have to be the one making the moves especially if they stay passive.

I don't see them as very good. Kryssa's feat can just make anything gold for a turn. I'd prefer the Bloodseer. For 1 less point you get 1 less defense, more armor, 1 less point of power, a good animus and another model capable of using slipstream/the naga's animus.

I dunno. Shredders served me well in the early weeks. PS 13 flanks, and decent jamming helps.

Yeah, I might just be underestimating what Kryssa can manage. I mean, i say that, that's how I won my last game against cygnar. Used quickness to shift around the reach of the jack with the spear, charged the caster, first hit was a crit, and just went to town.

I'm with about shredders though. My opponents seem to always make it a point to kill the bastards. That flank ability really causes my opponents to hesitate on what they should focus on casting. The neraph is...well I don't like it, but it can hurt things. The bolt thrower is MVP so far for me. But man, those shredders can be nasty. I remember not really being worried about them at all in mk2 if you had enough armor, but even the khador player doesn't like leaving those things alive after rolling 4 6's on a charge once. True, that is incredibly rare to have happened, but it did, and he was not expecting his juggernaut to take 12 points of damage from a lowly shredder.

Neraph is a budget heavy. Cheap beatstick, but not at all indicative of what Legion does with their heavies.

Will they be selling other pre-release models at gencon, or just the new warcasters? The Riflemage solo, for instance.

Nobody knows until the store opens.

Is it possible to do something like this with a 3D scanner/printer?

I'm sure someone knows, this is hardly the first ever Gencon. What did they do last year?

I mean, there's shit there, it's just not really talked about.

They're pitching the grown up Juniors. Whatever else is there tends to be a suprise.

Theoretically yes.

However you're likely going to be looking at $100k+ for a scanner and printer high quality enough to capture the sub millimeter precision.

Im really fkn tired of PP random miniature size... The new cygnar warcaster ex journeyman seems bigger, the gun mages are bigger. I hate not having the miniatures on a same scale.

I always thought the size difference between liches like Asphyxious and the Withershadow Combine was insane. Especially if you compare them to a regular human in the setting

To be fair Gaspy is an Iron Lich, their bodies are mostly metal except for the skull, he can be however big he wants.

>5% shorer with 5% larger head
m-muh heroic scale

The withershadow combine are iron liches and they are tiny

What are good colors for Cygnar?
I'm thinking about lots of grey and a bit of blue (e.g. for shoulder pads) with silver and/or brass.
Pic related looks good too...

Does anyone have pictures of Cygnar units with the official Cryx color scheme? Ghostly green instead of lightning blue and grey/brown armor instead of blue.

I just can't decide!!!

So? Why does it matter what size their robot bodies are?

I just picked up a Khador berserker chassis kit.

Any suggestions on a new sword for the rager? The one is comes with is fucking retarded.

Steal a nomad one? Maybe a doomreaver one if you have a spare.

So here's my Skorne collection:
>Morghoul1
>Hexeris1
>Makeda1
>Mordikaar
>Naaresh
>Nihilators
>8 Beast Handlers
>Cetrati + Vorkesh
>Incindiarii
>Tyrant Commander
>Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew