WHAT DO YOU HATE MOST ABOUT PATHFINDER?

WHAT DO YOU HATE MOST ABOUT PATHFINDER?

Creatively bankrupt generic fantasy. Even if the rules were good I'd still have no motivation to play in its shit setting.

/pfg/, mostly.

/pfg/ mostly

GUN RULES

WHY CAN'T I JUST USE MORE GUN

And this from someone who's otherwise okay with 3.X.

Lack of balance. No, the "understood" existence of tiers between adults who play the game does not excuse the inequality of game options.

Also bloat, but mostly because it's intrinsically harder to balance more things.

The fanbase, mostly.

It's neither Strike! Nor dungeonworld.

That it fixes absolutely zero problems with D&D 3.5 and actually piles on an entire set of its own problems unique to its shitty design

the shitty gamebreaker playerbase it attracts.

This. People don't seem to make actual characters in 3.5 and Pathfinder, they make gimmicks and thought experiments. There's no care for how the character fits into the world, how they learned their skills, where they're from, and why they're out doing the things they do.

I've always said it fixed 3e the way Mr. Wormwood fixed old cars: sawdust in the engine and a new coat of paint.

To be fair, that's endemic in the D&D community in general, not just Pathfinder.

It's a hell of a lot easier to make every character a justified special snowflake. Every person. I've met who plays this has the insatiable need to trump everyone else at the table with how odd their character/character concept is

In 3e/Pathfinder it's a necessity. If you want your character to do anything interesting or unusual or thematically appropriate, you're making them useless.

I really can not stand the people who bitch about it outside of generals.

It is like the people who have to bring up how horrible something else is when you hang out. Yeah we get it, scarification is gross but why are we having this discussion every time we meet for dinner?

It felt to me that they made the absolutely minimum of adjustments to mechanics and balance so that 3.5 players could make an easy/minimal adjustment going over to it but they couldn't use any of the old 3.5 material without homebrewing it.

The players most likely to buy new books are the same ones who are least likely to homebrew. So they basically tailored pathfinder for the purpose sell books (such a shock) by making something nearly identical but incompatible with 3.5 material to pick up all the disenfranchised 3.5 players.

Pretty much.

Paizo is not and has never been composed of game developers, they're merchandisers. They don't know how to make a good game, they just know how to make a game that sells lots of their products.

Making monsters and challenges is hard because it requires ten billion statistics and every ability of every monster requires a short essay to explain. Buy our adventure paths, which do everything creative for you!

>They don't know how to make a good game
That's for fucking sure.

Every supplement comes out with increasingly niche mechanics that ignore the problems with the base game, at best, or pile atop them, at worst.

Unchained showed that they're aware of the issues in their system, but they're so invested in continuing the current product line that they refuse to do the obvious next step of making the next edition that solves the glaring problems, not just the pathfinder society gripes that they errata out of existence.

The only redeming factor is that it is a household name in the community and is compatible with 3pp content that isn't utter trash.

/pfg/ mostly

It's 3.5 with more bells and whistles, and does nothing to amend any of it's flaws (one of which was having too many bells and whistles).

What's wrong with /pfg/?

Not that it's 3.5, but that it's D&D in general.

Martials can't have fun.

Honestly, my Conjurer Wizard is more fun than martials both in combat and out of combat.

I haven't complained about /pfg/ but I remember there was some drama not too long ago that resulted in something like three threads at the same time. Can you or anyone else tell me what happened? It sounds juicy.

That people won't stop bitching about its every minor flaw while acting like their preferred system are perfection itself

I don't need to houserule half the game in my prefered system.

Well shit I made a typo so my opinion is probably wrong now

My poop stinks less than their poop

that pic summarizes it for me.

Clearly this is only a Pathfinder flaw
Other systems make it physically impossible to be a bad player

Did I fucking say that, you double nigger?

I'm going to swallow you up into my gigantic inflamed butthole

It's so much creative energy wasted on a dead end system.

The only reason people hate this setting is because most are weeb trash and love to play FATE and shitty settings where they can flaunt around like God Killers.

Any setting where you can't be a God killer first 5 minutes or even char gen is shitty to most Veeky Forumsians. You get used to neckbeards hating on decent settings like this, comes with being a basement dweller where your only sustenance is your OC God killer.

Well, ok, you got me. I have no way to respond to that one.

Sounds like a gimmicky thought experiment.

This. They just keep piling the shit onto a system that is fucking broken, instead of fixing the parts that desperately need fixing. That would require admitting that they made mistakes and are maybe fucking terrible at math.

IF I CAN'T BE A GOD KILLER THE SETTING IS SHIT

>/pfg/

But I hate Pathfinder and love D&D 5e, where the average character power level is significantly lower.

What now, athetits?

The shitposting about kitsunes

The balance issues in 5e are still fucking insane. So you're basically saying

"I don't like Pathfinder because it's unbalanced but I like 5e even though it's unbalanced to shit"

Wizards are always gonna be broken, so maybe instead of playing inherently broken shit you take a step away from your ego filling and do something else.

It isn't 3.5e

Either way on all accounts D&D got shitty after 3.5. Baldur's Gate used AD&D which I felt was the final good version of D&D. After that it was just new books with nothing more than "Updates".

Pathfinder, AD&D and anything behind 3.5 is great, everything else is a minefield

3.5 was their chance to fix the fuck-ups of 3rd
They didn't
Pathfinder was someone else's chance to fix the fuck-ups of 3.5
They didn't