Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Friendly reminder, no AoS release in August.

In GHB, Artefacts of Destruction, Battle Brew. It give massive buff to hero every round(2+2+ on every weapon), but it sound like one use only type. Is that a typo or working as intended?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Matthew_Ward
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/983
1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First again for Duardin. Aelfs a shit.

I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE ON THIS. PACK IT UP BOYS

why did they hire back matt ward

I have no clue on converting saurus, annoyingly the saurus rider for the carnosaur has nearly enough parts to make two, one riding one one on foot, but it has only one rear torso, I'm going to see if a friend can help me make a mold, normally the on foot variant would be an old blood on foot, but can be converted into a sunblood with some cutting of the face and using one of the two carnosaur head crests as a shield.

I never really got into the ward era. What was so bad? Was it over the top ridiculous shit?

>tfw no new Tomb Kings

1d4chan.org/wiki/Matthew_Ward

Hell yeah!

You may be depressed, but you're better than using old outdated memes.

The power creep in the books he wrote was particularly bad at the time, though I don't think it was the worst balance ever. Most notably he was responsible for severely ruining 7th Ed. balance when he wrote the Daemons of Chaos book, but I don't think anything else he's done ever came close to that bad.

He's also notorious for his work on the Grey Knights codex, which had some hilariously heretical "lore" added to it. Such as: Grey Knights anointing themselves in Sisters blood to fight off daemons of Khorne, Drago kicking the shit out of Mortarian and literally carving his masters name in his heart, and other such unnecessary nonsense in an attempt to make the already awesome Grey Knights even more awesome-er.

Essentially he was someone we loved to hate, and then we realized he wasn't nearly that bad when GW REALLY started to go off the deep end.

You can use it in free play/narrative but not in matched play, unless you proxy it as something else.

So the warden king?

Yep.

This is wrong. You can use the dwarf lord warscroll using the warden king points.

It's the dwarf lord on shieldbearers that has his own points

where does it say that?

I liked the old grey knights lore and he ruined it

they were the best of the best that humanity could bring to the fight in a desperate struggle against the impossible, and they only barely ever won, yet those meager victories were just enough. They were born perfect, but they had overcome it; if they strayed in the slightest, all of the Imperium would surely be doomed.

after ward they were just some boring john cena clones who never lost and were somehow more perfect than the ultramarines, who are you know, just so perfect

The FAQ said you can use previous versions of a warscroll. The dwarf lord is the previous version of the warden king.

Therefore you use the dwarf lord warscroll, and the warden king would be his points. This would allow the great weapon dwarf lord to be used in matched play.

But if you want the dwarf lord on shieldbearers (any weapon variant) the ghb provides points specifically for that

no discussion there

Hey guys, in total war: warhammer, who's the one eyed guy with the bird?

So I can use the same thing for my ardboys/black orcs? Would you mind providing a link to that?

Yes you can use the black orcs warscroll if you want, but keep in mind the keywords remain in the old warscrolls and may break some of the synergy with the newer units and warscrolls.

Don't have a link, but it's gw's FAQ for aos. I'm on my phone so it's just inconvenient

the general's handbook faq is only 2 pages long and mentions nothing like this.

Dude is just making shit up.

OC for the game.

Hi guize

He's talking about the regular FAQ, page 6.

Is this a troll or meme or something? Because I like that pose.

Oh, interesting, thanks.

If you love them so much back the indigogo campaign for undead agyptians. They gathered a laughable amount of 5k € so far. Really Khemri is gone for good, nobody buys these models and they wouldn't fit into the shitfest that is aos fluff anyway.

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/983

It's 7 pages, actually. The rules in taking about start on page 6.

Is everyone else asleep or something? Thred's ded.

That's cool but also lame because >exclusives

Ah well.

Eh, I'm just here to monitor, I don't have anything to say.

A large fanbase portion of this game is in the us, and its like 1 over there

Literally anything fits in with AoS. That's the whole point of the vast realms or whatever the fuck.

It's anywhere from midnight to 3am on a weekday, yeah. Only up myself because I'm sick abd called out for a few days.

Has given me time to paint a few models in between bouts of vommitting.

given that this is a permissive ruleset, and the old warscroll business is in the main FAQ while the GHB has nothing of the sort and actually has a prohibition on using anything that doesn't have a points value, is that still possible?

don't get me wrong I'd love for the answer to be yes as it gives me the option to use my highborn in a unified way again, but at the same time its tricky enough that I don't expect a consensus, but a majority opinion/gut reaction would be good.

relevant passages as far as I can tell:
warscrolls GHB pg 108: "in order to be used in a pitched battle, a warscroll or battalion must have a pitched battle profile (p 129-152)."

main FAQ pg 6: "Q if I have two different warscrolls for the same unit, can I choose which to use, or must I use the most recent. A: you can choose which to use, but it may be more convenient for your opponent if you use the most recent version"

[cont]

my personal feeling is that it allows some compendium armies that would otherwise be gutted in pitched play to work (high elves, wood elves, some empire builds, I'm not familiar enough with death and destruction to know how this effects them) and is generally pretty reasonable.

How easy is it to sell armies on eBay?

I might buy a friends army, take what I want from it and sell the rest.

If it doesn't have points you can't use it.

You have to use it as a warden if you're using the points of a warden

This is common sense you're just a massive retard

>This is common sense you're just a massive retard
i doubt this... massive retards usually don't know how to use the internet or computers or tablets or shit like that. your being an ass.

We wuz Stormniggas and shieet?

Fuck Dwarfs, new Elves when?

/AoSG/, what's the current state of the dwarfs? I know there's the naked fire guys, but what's going on with regular dwarfs? They're still around on the site, gimme the fluff?

Like Free people, we don't have any more fluff than what's in the GA: ORDER book. Check the OP for that.

Oh okay. Thanks. So they're all just in Sigmar's realm waiting until they get to go smash Chaos and rebuild?

Nagash is Sigmar edition.

Is this the first Stormcast we've seen without his helmet?

Basically. They occasionally go out for siegecraft and to construct and garrison new holds in the realms (most prominently the Greywater Fastness), but on the whole they chill in Aryrheim and crank out enough war materiel to last for ages.

Model-wise? Yes.

WE WUZ STORMKAST ETERNALLS N SHEET

Bullying aside, I'm with you user. I would have loved to collect a Sand Necrons army.

>They gathered a laughable amount of 5k € so far
how is that laughable if it was in the first week and is already enough to make the most important models (heroes, infantry, chariots, ushabtis and sphinxes)?

God I hate these special snowflakes even more

So they say, woulnd't be the first time a crowdfunded product massively understates their actual budget.

>Hey Guiys we can make awesome triple A product for 500k please donate and share.

Anyone know if multiple cursed books on different heroes stack?

The phrasing seems to imply it.

Why not?

holy shit, coming from 40k I assumed that you could only take an artifact only one time but rereading there is nothing that say that. So you can effectively take multiple cursed books or acorn of the ages.

How are tree-revenants? The models are awesome but I feel the point cost is pretty steep. Someone has tried them?

I'm building a terrorghiest/zombie dragon, and was curious about what the wing span would be if fully stretched out. It is 65cm (over two foot)... That is big. Any one know what the wing span on other dragons is?

>mfw the Daemonhunters codex was my inroads to miniature war gaming
>looking back on it, it was the apex of what s codex could be. Beautiful art, imagination stoking fluff, almost as many wargear options as the chaos codex, well painted models and how to guides.
>rules sucked but who cares
>it'll never happen again

Wtf I hate black people now

there any good articles on the new duardin stuff?

So my friend bought the Everqueen model, not for the game but just to paint only the beetle. As a result I'm picking up just the Alarielle model from my friend for chump change.

I don't play Order though, I play Chaos. So my question is this, how should I convert a corrupted version of the Alarielle model?

My first thought was a more dynamic, plastic, version of Valkia the Bloody. But I could just make a demon prince with wings. Any ideas Veeky Forums?

use her with bloodthirster rules, shes big enough
would love to see pics

Man that beetle would be -amazing- for conversions if it wasn't so covered in sculpted plant details.

has anyone read any of wards other books (the tribute, queen of eventide, etc)

are they any good?

use the hobby knife gohan
UUUUUUUUUUUSE IT

Keeper of Secrets would make more sense right?

yea actually lol

I would agree with this, except the Keeper of Secrets is complete trash in the rules these days. Its best ability is Dark Temptation, which no one in their right mind would accept the offer.

But a Bloodthirster would also be metal as fuck.

how feasible is it to field a god tier character such as archaon, everqueen or nagash in 2000 point games?
or even in matched play on the whole?

I need Sylvaneth Artwork

yeah but the conversion or paintjob has to be pretty convincing for me to consider Allarielle as a bloodthirster.

That's the thing with a good proxy, it's still instantly recogiseable as the thing it is portraying, otherwise its a flawed proxy.

anyone else think she looks better with actual eyes?

She looks like she's checking out dat ass somewhere off to the right.

>aosg moving faster than i can keep up with it

feels good and bad man

I don't have the sculpting skills to repair it afterwards.

i'd like her more without the stupid headgear

I'd always find it silly.

Why would those god-like characters even cares about your tiny warband, at the point of even take control and use them in a battle too?

Don't they have better stuff to do?

I've never used a named character in my life. The rules for them I did, but I was borrowing them for my characters.

It's like playing D&D and choosing to play as Tordek or Soveliss instead of your own character.
It just feels wrong to me.

Yeah, I find it weird too. If I was playing a "historical" narrative scenario I could see the appeal (but it wouldn't be worth buying a big expensive model just for that, I guess). But otherwise I want my dudes to be My Dudes.

a lot of the time when playing wargames I like to imagine what your seeing is a tiny portion of a much larger battlefeild
Deathlords faction practically requires nagash to be viable, so you can write it off as a force charging to the heart of the skelly horde and taking out the leader and his bodyguards

Hear hear

the only time I'd use named character is in a horus heresy game, as it basically is a historical wargame
also because theres only one viable option for a generic praetor and mirror matches between two paragon blade guys is boring
also the models are GORGEOUS

Newbie here, thinking of starting my adventure with Age of Sigmar. I tried reading some resources about how to start but all of them seem very vague. Especially in my native language, there is abolutely nothing. I know that there are those "start collecting" packs but I bet they're not enough themselves.

So my question is - what is REALLY required to start having fun with this game? Figurines are one thing, but what about brushes, paints? Maybe some other gadgets? Are there any good articles about where to start? And how much might it possibly cost?

pick yourself a faction

check out their current tactica page at 1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics
also a decent place to read up on the rules

look up some of the youtube channel painting
tutorial for your chosen faction units, duncan rhodes is painting jesus

build yourself a small army list, 1000 points is a good place to start (general handbook for points in the OP)

Buy models, use start collecting boxes as much as you can, and have fun

the geedubs youtube channel that is

Start Collecting is enough to play the game, furthermore you need:

Brushes
Paint
Basing stuff (sand, gravel, whatever)
Terrain/Table

Just go to your local GW or FLGS and they can help you along quite well.

Someone explain this for me?

Guess you have to quit Veeky Forums for /v/ and /pol/ now. Such a shame

last thread
someone tried to make a standard 'sigmar is he man and nagash is skeletor'
except they put nagash is sigmar by mistake
and thus started the nagash is secretly sigmar conspiracy and the humanity is a flesh eater court conspiracy
go take a read

>Being super exited on your new model
>Working several hours one day, pleased with the result
>Cant wait to finish it
>Working night time for several days, no other time but family business to spare
>Knowing you wont be able to finish it for days because of this!

disregard jobs and family
acquire models

the thought have crossed my mind, thus I might run in to the complications of not being able to afford the hobby if I dis my job.

We wuz aelves n sheeeit

>FAQ literally says this
>B-BUT MUH AUTISM

I ran into this problem. I auit my job for actual reasons, now I'm looking for a new one. In the mean time i have all this spare time, but no money for new models. Luckily its given me time to work through my back log, and force me to get creative with my bitzbox and greenstuff

I think the biggest problem people have with them is that they only have 1 wound.

They look pretty awesome on paper, the waypiper gives some them a cool teleport gimmick. I'd say they need support from a wizard in the form of an Arcane Shield en they are susceptible to mortal wounds.

Haven't played against them yet though but someone in our group is making 2 units of 5.

By the way, I really like that musicians/standard bearers now do unique things for every army. The baffled look on my opponents face when I redirected my clanrats with a retreat into a unit that was advancing on a objective was pretty priceless.