Our spritual leige has returned

Thank the emperor

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thetowerofstars/status/760582451844550656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not like he can make the game more unbalanced.

Wasn't balance the one thing Ward did a good job at?

his codices were balanced against each other, yes

His codices were the Eldar/Necrons/SM/Tau of their day.

Not particularly. That's back when nob bikers and leafblower were still actually viable.

all things considered, 5th edition wasn't too bad for balance

It should be noted that his codices were relatively balanced against one another. If he just did all of them they game would have been more balanced than it was.

Also 5e Space Wolves and IG weren't Ward books, and they were the big-dick game crushers for most of the edition.

>His smile and opportunism gone.

And in that day when Ward graced the halls of the geedubs again the crowd wailed it's praises unto Him.

1000 sisters of battle cosplayers were sacrificed to allow Ward to bathe in the blood of their eternal agony to forever see the horrors he will bring upon their beloved army.

I don't think there are a thousand sisters of battle cosplayers.

He will force battle sister armour onto you m80

Make Warhammer great again.

Well not anymore there isn't.

BARRICADE YOUR GAMES CLUBS AND HIDE YOUR CODICES

It's funny because at the time, hordes of players all over the Internet were decrying 5th edition for being woefully unbalanced. People were quitting left and right, railing against GW for going too far with the unbalance. It seems whenever the fan base thinks they are at rock bottom, GW finds new ways to crash through the earth even lower.

Nob Bikers were only good for the half year immediately following 5th's launch. And it was entirely because of how 5th handled multiple wounds (full casualties has to be taken on similar wargear models). Codex SM was generic, but started a lot of bullshit that people began to hate at that time, like 3++ stormshields. The Space Wolf codex (a Phil Kelly project), introduced the thunderwolf riders, which made Nob Bikers look like a quaint idea. Leafblower came out after that, and was good for about a year until the Grey Knights and Necrons came out. At which point it was made obsolete.

Basically, the power levels during 5th went: Nob Bikes = Ultramarine fanboy dex

Flying Dreadnoughts, deep striking Land Raiders an DC troops when?

In the end, it appears 5th Edition was Best Edition.

Will he make ultramarines and grey knights great again

twitter.com/thetowerofstars/status/760582451844550656
>@DarrenLatham Just maintaining my aura of mystery.

Sure, if you liked the constant power-ramping and having to buy the next hot garbage every 3 months. First half of 4th was probably the best.

Nob Bikers were only really good because people didn't know how to play against them. They'd throw shit like autocannon fire and heavy bolters or pie-plates against them, which didn't have the AP2 or the volume of fire you needed to wreck them quickly. There were always a few cheap squads of boyz they'd toss their massed anti-infantry fire against and trukks they'd waste their lascannons on, and all that shit was just a distraction. If you plastered the nobz with everything turn 1-2 you might take some losses from the rest of the army but you could roll them afterwards since nobs were easily 400-600 of their points at 2000.

Yeah, no. Nob Bikes were only good because they always had a save (4+, 5++, 4+ Cover), and could spread wounds around due to each one having a unique wargear setup. The Nob Bike army was always 2 squads of those, led by a Warboss (or two) on a bike. Instant death worked, as well as space wolf codex on. The yiffs were quite good at killing them, because the thunderwoof cavalry had 12" charge, could out-shenanigan them on wounds, carry 3++ shields, and rune priests had Jaws of the World Woof that forced them to take an initiative check or die immediately.

Nobody ran trukk boys. Nobody.

Nonsense. I was able to beat both GK and Necrons as Space Marines, very first 5th edition Codex. What GK had? Oh yes, power weapons. Besides that, they were short range army trivially outnumbered and outshot by marines. Hello? We had 75 pts tank that easily outranged and out-AV all GK options. Yes, they had S8 rifleman dread, but each one of these meant one less dreadknight and they were easy to neutralize. If you couldn't beat GK before they got to melee, or beat them at their own game with Hammernators, sorry, you sucked.

As for Necrons, they only became broken in 6th with massed cheap flyers but that was not Ward's fault, go check your calendar. No 5th edition army was as laughably outcompeted as Eldar are to everything else right now, no one had as big power advantage as top 5 (Tau, SM, Eldar, Necrons, Demons) have over all other books. In 5th, Tyranid. Ork and Dark Eldar players were able to beat (with some effort) anyone, now, they are laughable NPC punching bags.

Oh nice perhaps I can go back from indifference to anger again. Will he ignite my flame again?

time to sell my armies

God damn Matt Ward images will become on topic again.

Space Wolves could wreck Lelblower seriously up.

Okay, but who are the claimants?

Next thing will be Cruddace writing another Tyranids codex.
>Welp, time to kill myself.

>Not the ig codex

Hue

Whatever it takes to get rid of Cruddace.

If he gives us a new CSM dex already I'll welcome him back with a fruit basket and a hug.

Jesus fucking christ he looks like a smug little shit.

>new csm dex
>ten page story about the daemonculaba
>VotLW is now mandatory for all units that can take it
>base cost of CSM increased to 15ppm (14 to match SM +1 for votlw)
>dinobots get a point increase
>oblits and mutilators are now minimum of 2 per squad
>spawn is now minimum 5 per squad
>wargear is increased in price
>at the same time, Grey Knights also get a new codex that is full of buffs

I always thought he looked like a slightly stupider Ogryn.

Would you like to see the Grey Knights
Rule again, my friend?
All you have to do is follow the Ward

Would you like to send our xenos cousins
Home again, my friend?
All you need to do is follow the Ward