Malifaux General - GenCon Spoilers Incoming Edition

books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Keep spoiling!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ZrHFM
mega.nz/#!fdxQWLpD!sGoFC-_9J4v5RP-JACGYyDCyXBZoJFqCK1Q_88VjxgM
schemesandstones.podbean.com/e/episode-441-wave-4-introductions-and-nellie/
pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E Old Cranky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone played through the breech? is it fun? is it easy for a group to get into thats never done an RPG before?

Haven't played it, only read the rulebook. Character generation seems awesome, and the game supposedly plays a bit similar to Malifaux (big surprise). I doubt it'd be harder to get into than most other RPGs on the market, so if you like the setting or even play Malifaux, go for it.

These are the only spoilers that we have right now:

imgur.com/a/ZrHFM

Game is a lot of fun. I love how low stats are as rewarded as high stats as negative and positive attributes both gain access to fun talents (feats) that inform how to play the character. The class system is also quite cool and I love the magic system.

I'd say that playing on a smaller table is a plus so that everyone can reach the central deck (My players ended up having to pass around the deck a lot) and be sure to remind players that barring manifested abilities or mastering magia/imouto, that the spells in their spellbook are all they get. But you do get some cool combinations if you play with the magical theories.

>posted in last thread,Still kinda paralyzed by choice.
I have several lists pretty much ready to go for the next tournament. But I'm not sure what faction I want to play.
It's fixed faction, 2 lists, 50 SS. I'm torn between Ressers, Outcasts, & Gremlins.
if Outcasts: Von Schill/ Misaki, If Ressers: Seamus/???, If Gremlins: Ulix/ Brewmaster

Round 1: Strategy- Headhunter
Schemes- Convict Labor
Covert Breakthrough
Undercover Entourage
Frame for Murder
Inspection

Round 2: Strategy- Extraction
Schemes- Convict Labor
Search the Ruins
Show of Force
Leave Your Mark
Mark for Death

Round 3: Strategy- Guard the Stash
Schemes- Convict Labor
A Quick Murder
Occupy Their Turf
Neutralize the Leader
Detonate the Charges

mega.nz/#!fdxQWLpD!sGoFC-_9J4v5RP-JACGYyDCyXBZoJFqCK1Q_88VjxgM

Reposting again, this has all current statcards and upgrades, ready to print

Need my spoilers dose, is there any user on the GenCon?

Plz, post pics from the book!

Molly would pair well with Seamus for those sets. Drop Drowned for free scheme markers, drop Punk Zombies into Stash/Extraction areas, shit like that.

Give that man a cookie!

Bump

Currently reading Through the Breach.
Do I understand correctly that I get free reload if, for example, I take Specializing Skill (Long Arms, Rams) and Speed Loading (Long Arms)?

got any other info?

No, got the pic from AWP, unfortunately GenCon is an ocean and a handful of countries away from me.

Yes, but you can only take one trigger per attack. So if you were going to get multiple triggers like critical strike or something you couldn't use both at once.

On the balance side its not really overpowered to reload like this, most guns balanced around reload time have more than 2AP.

New Schemes & Stones discussing the contents of Nellie's box (final version).

schemesandstones.podbean.com/e/episode-441-wave-4-introductions-and-nellie/

i really wish S&S was more organized. like a list of times when they go over different sections. it takes forever to find something you really want to hear without clicking along that long ass time

I was actually running a Molly list as she's my favorite caster, but the last couple of times I've run her I dunno it feels like people are wise to how she works.

Gotta spice up the meta man. Play the same thing too often and people know what you're going to do. Unless you play Lilith, because then you can do literally anything.

Yeah well I have been playing ressers a lot lately. The Seamus mad bomber crew I ran was fucking brutal which is why I kinda wanna take it again. See my meta is kinda weird because we have 14 regular players in it plus me, and I own at least 4 masters of every faction. So it's always a mystery what I'm going to bring up when I play. I think everyone got complacent with me running Molly and Seamus for a while though. So maybe I ought to go with something they really won't expect. They haven't really seen me play outcasts much and other than 1 main gremlin player, there aren't really any of them. So none of them really fear the swine.

>Movement trays in a squad based game
They get that right at least

I was hyped until I saw the preassembled models bit

Why don't they understand that multi part plastics sell better for a reason? Unless the prices are really low I just don't see any reason to buy into that.

multi part plastic kits are also a lot more expensive to produce. malifaux kits in general suck for converting to anything other than the default pose, id rather have just been able to take most of them out of the box and start painting imo desu senpai

I just don't see why they can't do multipart kits like their TTB models. These figures are inevitably going to be made of PVC, which is just less than ideal. I guess we can see how much they charge for these. Something like Dust's model count and price would be ideal.

I'll just leave this here. Bottom right is for Phiona.

Could you post the Resser ones please?

Thank you very much. Any more cards?
Neverborn?

Is there a chance to het any Outasts cards?

Got a buddy at the con feeding me info when he gets free time. More when it comes to me.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Thanks, anons. I'm monitoring this thread.

stud

Rules question: I can't recall who decides the order of flips in the case of AoE's that hit friends or foes

the casting player
"in situations where the order that models suffer damage matters, the Attacker may determine the order in which the affected models resolve the blast effects." pg 59 of small rulebook

Thanks

So I'm ordering Sandeep and was looking for academics from other factions to play. A quick google showed me that a lot of people are hyped about the Valdedictorian - but the model is fucking hideous. What base size is the model on? It looks 50MM? Also anyone have any suggestions for a mini to replace it with? Something with that arcanist maybe sandeep feel to it?
Any other academic models maybe worth playing with him?

Sanctioned Spellcasters have the Funniest (If somewhat useful) trigger in the game to kill themselves.

So key things about the valedictorian are a 50mms base, flight, and it's an undead construct. I'm not where I can look up models but that's a start.

Thanks!
I- I- Is that useful?

Oxford mages from the Ironsides box are academics.

That is infuriatingly disordered.
But thanks nonetheless.

>Misleading Headlines
>No cap on Passes
Am I reading that right?

Yup, and I'm pretty excited to use them with him. I feel like there's going to be a lot of machine-gunning spells out there with Sandeep.

I think half the excitement about Sandeep is that there's now finally more than the current three (four?) Academics in Malifaux - taking more than two Oxfordians sounds like overspend, and I've read that two is barely justifiable.

there are 7 academics in waves 1-3:
three Students (res)
Valedictorian (res)
Oxfordian (arc)
Sanctioned (guild)
Librarian (out)

Librarian and the rest of the box Valedictorian comes in are academics.

The cap is evidence+cards in hand.

So I was a big dummy who accidentally ordered jorogumo from my store and from the wyrd website last night. So I guess I own 6 now.
I don't think I could spell "overkill" in any bigger letters.

cancel the order?

Unless it's GW styled "assemble limbs at ball joint" assembling for customization is a pain.

Malifaux plastics are so asinine when it comes to assembly

Nah, the one at the store is already in. itll be fine I'm just a dummy

Misaki - 2 Cache
-Stalking Bisento - 2 SS
-Smoke&Shadows - 1 SS
-Misdirection - 2 SS
Jorogumo - 9 SS
Jorogumo - 9 SS
Jorogumo - 9 SS
Jorogumo - 9 SS
Jorogumo - 9 SS

You can thank me later kid ;)

Yamizako would probably be better for smoke and shadows but eh... Pretty good.

Well I checked out the local scene in my new town and it's absolutely dead. The guy at one LGS asked me three times what I was looking for 'Mali-foe? Malififo? May-lee-fo?' before I finally described it as 'a skirmish game with cowboys' and he took me to a dusty shelf with about six models on it.

The owner other LGS, which had a 'Malifaux Casual League June-July 2015' on their Facebook's "past events" page, was way more enthusiastic, but he described it as 'more of a play-at-home game.'

Weep for me, friends.

Be the change you want to see
Revive the dead

Man I wish. When the LGS owner, who wants to sell you something, warns you up-front that the local scene is dead, you know that the local scene is d-e-a-d.

That would mean less spiders though.

>only want one maybe two or three members of the crossroad 7
>neither ebay nor bartertown has anyone selling them
I just want my fuckin chaingun jockey damnit

True.

Any other masters who could make them fast or give them movement tricks?

Gadzooks gaming bro.

Wyrd did a good job with the multi part characters with their Kickstarter. That said I guess that these models will be cheaper over all. Hopefully they are bundled with circular movement trays too.

Play with a buddy at your store and offer to try demo games to interested parties that passes by. Of course you can't really find anything that isn't 40K or X-Wing played consistently.

Nope, that would mean less spiders.

McCabe

neat

The assumption seems to be that you can get to Evidence +4 with a little work, with a hand.
That's obscene activation control, especially if you don't need to spend it or can generate it early in the game.
Has the potential to be a Rat Engine, but tuned to go off turn 3 or 4 instead of early.

Fair enough.
As an Arcanist, of the other six I've only ever heard the Librarian come up.
Sactioned any good?

>Play with a buddy
>buddy
New city new state. :'( I've located the local area wargaming group Facebook page, I might put out the call: Malifaux, let's make it a thing again.

Everything she can gain evidence from requires enemy interaction except for her df/wp trigger.

Presumably the reporters and or press help with it evidence gathering?

delete this

what was that?

lady justice lewds. this is a worksafe board

I thought the Reporters (and bubbles relating to them) generated mad Evidence?

I'm pleasantly surprised that this is thefirst time I've seen attempted lewdery in one of these threads, given the models.

Seriously, only lewds I've seen was an extremely odd trixibelle over on the foundry.

>malifaux kits in general suck for converting to anything other than the default pose
I genuinely mourn for you, friend.

Who spent way more than they wanted to? I ended up getting 3 Miss alts because I kept forgetting stuff and couldn't checkout below $100.

They are less easily choppable and re-poseable than the big beefy mans of other lines.
Far less forgiving of bad reculpting than most.
He's got that much of a point, even though that's far from the be all and end all of converting.

>trixibelle

:(

Ordered stuff for my brother and I. He got oni stuff, minus Jorogumo because he can't accept paying 9stones for them. I got pretty much all the outcasts except hodgepodge, with Jaakuna and Anna.

I thought about getting The Tortoise and the Hare, but then I realized that I didn't want to pay $49 for two models. I picked up Jorogumo for my Misaki crew and Titania's box as I like how they look, and have always wanted to get into Neverborn.

Overall I am happy with the new stuff that they are putting out. I can't wait to get my hands on the book to see what has been happening to the fluff. The Governor trying to become a tyrant is news to me, but I haven't really be following the fluff up until now.

I don't suppose anyone has any info on the poison gamin. Either beta stuff or stuff from gencon is fine.

How about an external link to it? Imgur is a popular sight for that.

Why not.

Well, I'm not that person just interested in seeing lewds

But I can post more Malifaux art and cosplay

WIP of my gracie. Do you think I made her too sexy?

I love it! I'm sharing that with my Malifaux buds.

>no green eyes

Love it.

alright so 2 list tourney guy here again. I asked what the under represented factions were currently and I got Gremlins. So looks like I'm gonna be running Ulix and probably Brewmaster just cause I like him and Mcmorning runs wild in my meta.

green eyes?

I used to buy warhammer figures when I was around 10. If build them and then they'd rot on my shelf.

I've been thinking of getting back into miniature war gaming for while though and this game looked cool.

So I bought a figure, and I'm gonna build and paint it.
If that's fun, I might try and build a little team.

I'll let you know how the painting goes.

Green eyes.

>fun
You picked the right faction.

Better?

I know that the game doesn't really focus on consistent army builds, but what does this look like for a 30 stone build? I'm doing a grow league and bought the Bayou Box, Explosive Solutions Box, Gracie, and Slop haulers.

Somer Teeth 4 SS
Encouragement 2SS
Family Tree 2SS
Dirty Cheater 1SS

Mancha Roja 10SS
Dirty cheater 1SS

Slop Hauler 5SS
Bayou Gremlin x3 3SS each

I figure the turn will turn out with Mancha going ham first and basically just burning through the hand.
Somer goes next, Git yer bro if I'm low on bayous, boomstick and bigger hat than you.
Rest of the list activates, relying on bayou two cards while the opponent has no hands.

I used to build orks and the whiskey golem looks fantastic, so the gremlins caught my eye immediately.

10/10

theres better options than mancha, but if you like him the list is solid. maybe drop a bayou and dirty cheater off somer for some skeeters

Since I didn't take Can-O beans, I'm not sure if Skeeters are worth it. Feel free to criticize why I'm wrong though since I'm new.

What better options exist beyond Mancha? Francois? I just chose to include Mancha because I haven't used him yet and I wanted/needed a relatively durable beater

What buys would you guys recommend to start guild as Nellie? All i have atm are mcmourning and some death marshals

they are still obnoxiously fast tarpits and can deny triggers in combats you dont want them / add suits if you really wanted to

Skeeters are ok, but for a lot of Gremlin masters Old Cranky is a better totem.

He has a solid gun, can interact, filter a shit card, and start giving your crew free Soulstones on kills.

Somer in particular can be really kills with his gun, so the free Soulstones will come quickly and let him stay alive longer or stone in Masks for his summon.

pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E Old Cranky