Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/
If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

How does your party relate to the law? Any recent troubles with the powers that be?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/threads/rzs2kpjz?My-Kingmaker-Toolbox#1
paizo.com/threads/rzs2o3u3?Dudemeisters-Blood-For-Blood#1
paizo.com/threads/rzs2n5wq?Dudemeisters-KM3-VV-Additions-and-Changes#1
paizo.com/threads/rzs2ljy6?My-Changes-to-RRR-Hargulkas-Monster-Kingdom#1
youtube.com/watch?v=3Xs89tqDUlM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD
BAIL
BAIL
BAIL

Oh fuck off.

My Rubato is currently being pursued for fucking the King's wife and getting her addicted his dick.

Do I need to make a Concentration check to use spell-like ability underwater? What about bad weather conditions ("wind with rain or sleet")?

Is there any way to get a wild surge without being a level of wilder? I can do it if I absolutely must...

In the game I am running, we are actually pretty cozy with the authorities, though part of that might be because formative city states are less legally rigid than most so long as you are helping keep the beasties from eating everyone.

As for the games I am in, it has only been an issue when my necromancer has been caught effectively doing a sending in a town of rabid mage-haters.

What's with that image? Rogue blows so hard it physically hurts people?

he started getting suspicious when she started tying rubber tubes around her arm and tapping her veins demanding she get her fix.

Assuming your rubato survives, he probably won't survive his new title "The Needlecocked"

Not really, but Overchannel has pretty similar flavor. What do you need Wild Surge for?

Nah, it's the art for the Voidheart archetype in Psionics Augmented: Wilder. The young lady's name is Myra. She has...difficulties.

Actually I was hoping to use surge augmentations without shattering the already reduced manifesting progression of a gambler.

I mean sure I could double or nothing with an energy-ray warhead, but imagine a full-capacity Sympathetic Drain on there instead.

Is there any way to make Wilder not a piece of garbage objectively inferior to Psion?

Humanity will one day thank you for your courage.

As for the law, we've managed rather unfortunately to end up on the wrong side of it. Though it's currently in the hands of occupying forces led by the nephew of the local lord (deceased), who marched his troops in and closed the city with remarkable rapidity following his dear uncle's demise. Of course, we would have been fine with that, until he got it into his head that we'd been given evidence connecting him to a disgraced court mage-turned-cult leader. His attempt to have us killed (along with an entire city district in a staged "attack" that would give his occupation legitimacy) is what put us on the path towards finding said evidence, so when you think about it, it's really his own fucking fault.

Gareth, why ya gotta cut out my playtest?

Seriously though, made an archetype to make corruptions work, and even with it, I'm not sure most of them are worth a vigilante talent, but I'm not sure of a way to make most of them better as a whole.

Contemplative archetype. Wisdom based and can change all powers known every day.

Fuck, was that still live? I kept seeing folks saying the link was dead and cut it so it'd stop getting copypasta'd.

...I fucked up, didn't I?

Burn it to the ground and start over, to be frank. And this is speaking as someone who fell in love with the idea of Wilder while working on PsiAug: Wi; the errors in execution across two separate editions are just too wide for the class in its current state to be favorably compared to Psion. It's not like Wilder's /useless/ (harder to use, certainly...) but it's frustrating and marred by legacy content, and that saddens me greatly. I did what I could for the old girl.

Yeah, you shit outta luck buddy. I am sorry.

But I want a good CHA-manifester! Is that too much to ask for?

Nah, you're good, it's technically running until the end of gencon, but really aside from the new archetype, there's not much there to test aside from me testing how much I can complain about corruptions. I'm gonna say this is the end of the playtest. I'll still leave the doc up until the end of gencon, but please no one else include it in the OP.

What about the Psionic Knack trait? Dip Wilder and use the +2ML?

The PRCs section indicates that when a class increases your manifester level and PPs/day, the blast, cash-out,etc go up.

Only reason one needs to ask is that the knack is not technically a class, but does it apply the same improvements as a manifester level increase as if from "another" class that way?

I...am not certain how to answer that. Forrest will be back from vacation next week. Can you wait that long, or should I see if I can tag her on internal?

The latter would be appreciated. A day or two is okay but game is probably saturday

Aight. Can you lay out your full and complete question for me so she doesn't have to try and peel through the thread on her phone?

Does the Psionic Knack trait make Wilder 1 count as Wilder 3 for the purposes of Wild Surge, Surge Blast, etc, as per the PrC rules for Wilder stating that effects increasing your ML increase those as well?

...Oh, fuck, I'd thought you were asking about doing that to /Gambler/. No; that rule is specifically for prestige class advancement.

A'ight.

Can the Manifester-Level increase gained from the Psionic Knack talent (up to +2ML when multiclassing) apply in the same fashion as increases from classes explained in the prestige classes section, thus compensating up to 2 levels of classing something not-kineticist in the way appropriate ML-improving PRCs do?

This is not explicitly stated in psionic knack (as it existed long before kineticist systems ever did) but there are *no* other explanations, guidelines or discussions of the subject of multiclassing kineticists anywhere that I know of that cover things such as burn,etc other than this specific part you've written - 3pp or otherwise!

damnit, there was something else that came to mind but I forgot it by the time I finished the sentence I was writing...

up

I assure you I was not Mine was definitely in regards to the manifester-level-equipped kineticists, most notably the gambler.

Pass'd along. Will relay an answer when one appears.

I literally do not understand what you are asking.

My last party was generally working for the law, such as it is, but being fairly opportunistic about it. Their superiors were not as blind as the PCs thought, but needed the help.

Basically like that joke about a new cop not showing up to get his salary 3 months in a row, then when being asked about it, saying "Wow, I get paid too? I thought you give me a uniform and a badge, and I can take care of it from now on," except they do know they are supposed to be paid.

Gareth, you should be resting.

*sigh*

Multiclassing kineticists. There's no coverage, compensation or explanation anywhere in 1pp, making them completely incapable of gaining anything whatthefucksoever.

In the case of the psionic ones, however, there's a little sidebar. PRCs that increase manifester level *ALSO* increase your Blast level, burn, infusion, infusion spec, and wild talents (in the case of gamblers, PP/day increase - since some classes give that 10/10 but only, say, 8/10 MLs - improves cash-out, blast and playing-with-fire levels).

So then the question: does the 'knack' (+2 manifester levels in chosen class up to a maximum of your HD) multiclassing trait work in this way as well?

>Multiclassing kineticists
Why would you multiclass a kineticist instead of just picking a better class?

So, the martial classes should have more good saves, case in point the swashbuckler should have good Fort and Ref saves.
Thoughts?

Swashbuckler should have good ref and will saves, because when was the last time you heard of a swashbuckler giving in to the enemy even when poisoned, wounded, tortured, and beaten?

Charmed Life.

>Thoughts?
Martials belong to martial games. PF fighting men should be magi and warpriests. Shave kitsune invading threads lately if you need material for refluffing.

This would be true for all martial types then.

Charmed Life isn't good enough and necessitates immediate actions. The benefit should be a permanent boost and Charmed Life should stack with the saves in question.

Please be facetious.

Fighter should have all good saves. Swashbuckler should have either good fort or good will. Not sure about the others.

Are you the same faggot that wanted to make every ability score useful by letting you apply any three of them to your saves?

>Shave kitsune invading threads lately if you need material for refluffing.
Thank you for the first good idea on getting something positive out of the foxfags.

So I'm a pretty new DM. I'm trying to think of a magicky way of a transport vessel to unload the cargo. I thought of maybe using a wizard casting a Greater TK to unload wooden sea containers. Then I discovered that it is a level 9 spell. It doesn't seem feasible to me that a level 9 wizard/sorcerer would go around the world loading/unloading cargo. Then I thought of maybe using a ring of greater telekinesis and that thing is more expensive than the whole cargo + vessel. Any help?

Why do you need a magicky way of unloading/loading cargo? What's being transported?

Carpets of Flying that have extremely limited maneuverability and speed that are only god for moving cargo short distances at a very slow rate of speed.

I will point out that no matter what you come up with your players will immediately try and steal the magical powers and use them to break your game.

Stevedore golems.

Why they can't have nice things? Were you bullied by jocks?

To have a more fantasy feel. I just didn't know that the fantasy means of loading/unloading heavy cargo is damn expensive in in-game setting.

Yeah, I used to get Full-Attacked by Pounce Uberchargers every day at recess,

If you want magic being used on mundane things, I'd recommend looking at Eberron setting for ideas.

Thanks for the tip! Will have a look into it.

hey guys im going to be running kingmaker soon and was wondering if anyone who has ran it before or played in it before had any advice on any ways to make it easier to run or more fun for the players.

There's shitload of custom content for it by some guy on paizo forum, AP section. It's pretty good, you might want to use some of it. Also first book is often reported being boring, as it contains little but hexcrawl.

link I can't find it?

paizo.com/threads/rzs2kpjz?My-Kingmaker-Toolbox#1
paizo.com/threads/rzs2o3u3?Dudemeisters-Blood-For-Blood#1
paizo.com/threads/rzs2n5wq?Dudemeisters-KM3-VV-Additions-and-Changes#1
paizo.com/threads/rzs2ljy6?My-Changes-to-RRR-Hargulkas-Monster-Kingdom#1

Sounds like a personal problem.

For what reason should the fighter habe all good saves?

Why should the swashbuckler get good Will saves?

Let's get the discussion going.

At least I'm trying to put forth ideas, you cocknobblingmong.

Horror Adventures PDF when?

Jesus christ, what fuck is wrong with that thing? I seriously hope none of you are like that.

Because they have no way to artificially boost their saves as a lass ability, unlike casters. All casters have spells (class ability) that can significantly boost their saving throws to much higher levels than other classes. This makes them less vulnerable to spellcasting and supernatural ability using monsters than the martials. The ones who actually need that lower vulnerability are instead given saves that make them much more vulnerable, and instead of getting class abilities to boost their saves, they are forced to expend high resource character level benefits to gain minor benefits to their saves.

It's pretty basic stuff.

Want to bet?

Paizo download system seems to be completely borked. Some 6+ hours just to download the PDF. Would like myself another place to download horror adventures.

Fuark yeargh!
Horror Adventures soon!

Lass ability?

Are there talents or any other abilities which they can take to boost their saves (apart from feats)?
In a party, ideally the casters should be boosting the saves of their allied martials, thus mitigating this problem somewhat or eliminating it entirely.

Would this then extend to all martials? As they similarly suffer.

We can no doubt agree PF has some awful classes, so can they can be fixed with a few modifications or do they need extensive rewrites?

How would you go about with either?

To really "fix" Pathfinder, you pretty much need to rewrite the entire system from ground up.

Then to make it servicable at least.

I am about to run skulls and shackles tonight for a group who has very little experience with pathfinder. How can I go about making sure that they don't go and get themselves killed early?

Class ability.

And no, there are not, without homebrewing, which is why its bad. And caster reliance is part of the problem that makes casters OP.

Depends on the class.

Give them a "get out of jail free" card. An NPC or some other item which is good for one use early on and will die or disappear after it prevents the party from dying.

Make them all take PoW.

The 3rd party archetypes can be pretty good user.

Limited but infinite (through an action cycle so it eats things up in combat a bit more) manifesting with the Gambler, or an astral construct summon blast with an "all things cost X less" burn variant with the Avant-Guard (yes a pun I know).

The getting themselves killed involves being caught stealing and then keelhauled though, no amount of PoW can help you from that.

Tier 3 to 5 classes then.

Which are the best third party bestiaries?

Fighters IIRC could at times have a pretty solid save progression in 2E - they started bad but their progression picked up quickly, getting pretty good at mid-levels and arguably the best at 15+, so there has been precedent for them to be not so incapable when it comes to reflex or will. As for swashbucklers, well, self-assuredness and swagger are kind of calling cards for them. Why should they be less strong of will than,say, vigilates who do not have the courage of their convictions to do it all under their own names?

Noble fencers trade charmed life for a will save vs mind-affecting effects bonus that pretty much puts them at a good will save class. Personally,I would have just made charmed life take no action, but whatever.

A one-time intervention from the priestess of Besmara, perhaps? You could say that she pulled some pretty mad strings, perhaps even faking an omen, but she later tells them that she cannot do it again (and also, incidentally, that they owe her big time).

Akashit Mysteries PDF when?

Up ^

This, we need more discussion like this.

Charmed life as a free action would be immensely better.

I don't see any reason for charmed life not to work exactly like divine grace.

Can you make free actions out of turn?

Not generally, you have to call it out explicitly in ability description.

I was initially pushing that, but some user reminded me that for some retarded reason in PF free actions are normally taken on your turn, which is why the Barbarian has a feat to allow him to rage as immediate. I say normally as some - like talking - are specifically listed as free actions you can also perform in an enemy turn.

So no action, just x times per day add charisma to saves before you roll.

Instead, in my homebrew fighter option the fighter can spend stamina points up to their bravery bonus as an immediate action to add the bravery bonus (which I extended to 1/2 the fighter level so it is less crappy) to any save, but they can only do it if they are not flat-footed. For me the swashbuckler bonus is about luck, the fighter one about a last-ditch reaction to an incoming threat and/or soldiering on.

I like this actually.
Give them good Fort and Ref saves, then have them add Cha to all saves.

Additionally give them Charmed Life as is.

Additionally but not necessarily.

Guys, what do you think about Drunkens & Dragons?
youtube.com/watch?v=3Xs89tqDUlM

>not "& Flagons"
Missed opportunity.

Starting at 2nd and at every 2nd level thereafter, a fighter may choose a talent from the advanced weapon and advanced armor training feats.
Additionally, he is treated as an avenger vigilante of his level for purposes of taking vigilante talents that he is eligible for.

Was also thinking of having them be able to access marshal, champion, guardian etc mythic part abilities right at the outset as part of choosing their talent.

Thoughts?

> New system when, DSP?
> NEW SYSTEM WHEN?
Right now

>Five women
>only two of them are passably attractive

Wowzers.

This art is terrible.

It's early art. Also, three women.

In a related story, we have a thread for that. But the TL;DR is that the art department did those...hellfire, a year ago now? Those aren't the final pieces. They /are/ good enough for government work.

So is this DSP's take on Exalted or Godbound?

Fine, I'll buy that it's better than Exalted 3e. Not a high bar.

But why should I play this over Godbound if I want fantasy superheroes making a dark world a better place?

I would figure, unless it was something like a Drider and her butt webs you would have to make a Concentration check.

Take it to the shill thread, we've got waifus to discuss here