Oneshot Systems Thread

One of the players in my Saturday Group can't make it to the session, so I plan to run a onesot to tide over until next week.

Could anyone share any interesting systems designed for a single session of play?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cr00dbzf3a5eh00/1001Nights-print.pdf
mediafire.com/download/lxm8tgrsa1ij6rr/The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen Corebook Revised and Expanded.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6dd97tCP05UX3dURDUxeW83U3M&usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Paranoia

I think, this fits?

This works right OP

Last one I got.

Tenra Bansho Zero.

Bump.

Lasers & Feelings
A one stat Star Trek Parody that runs fast and loose and features a meta mechanic which allows players to ask questions on a 1 in 6 chance with every roll. This is great for one shots.

Dread
The Jenga horror game. The characters die one by one, and the players have to keep a Jenga tower going or the next one gets called by the reaper. Excellent tension!

A Thousand and One Nights
A storytelling game where players try to insult each other's characters on a second story level. Arabian Nights themed and suited to larger groups as well as children.

Everyone is John
John is the PC and the players are voices in his head, competing for dominance in order to fulfill secret personal fetishes for points.

These are all super great, thank you. Nights and Lasers n Feelings give me plenty of ideas, thank you!

>A Thousand and One Nights
Wouldn't happen to have a pdf of that, anyone?

Bamp for Thousand and One Nights PDF

here's Dread

The Quiet Year
A map building game where you flesh out a post-apocalyptic community. You draw a card, pick an option, describe what it does and then draw that on the map. the options are vague enough that you can easily change the setting to any community facing problems. a modern city under siege, rapture from bioshock, or a neolithic tribe dealing with the transition to agriculture and neighboring tribes

found thousand and one nights
mediafire.com/download/cr00dbzf3a5eh00/1001Nights-print.pdf

Bamp.

If their power level is high enough for it, they'll have the time of their lives with Maid RPG.

Going to dump some.

This one's about being the guys hunting for Robin Hood, apocalypse now style.

+1 Quiet Year is great.

Microscope and Kingdom are similar oneshot world-buildy games, the guy takes down pdfs really quick though. I'm sure someone in the pdf share thread can point you in the right direction

>Geiger Counter
Make a survival horror a la The Thing, Alien, Cabin in the Wood, etc. The pacing mechanic is tip top.

This one's about fucking

This is a weird one about how a bunch of people deal with an inevitable death.

I've had a Kingdom game last more than one session. Doesn't have to, but gets neat when it does.

>Everyone is John

... what the fuck

This is the Tumblriest thing I've ever read.

So if one of the girls turns out to be just not into other girls after some experimentation, does the player burst into flame for being a homophobe?

You might like this one too. It'd actually be hilarious to record a bunch of robots playing this

HEY
YOU
YEAH YOU
YOU'RE AWESOME
HAVE AN AWESOME DAY
AND AN AWESOME LIFE
AWESOME GUY

Fiasco.
Golden Sky Stories.
The Commitee for the Exploration of Mysteries.
Hell 4 Leather.
Bacchanalia.
Kagematsu.
Montsegur 1244.
The Final Girl.
Contenders.

alternatively

Nah. Just fujoshibait.

>actually I'm kinda surprised that there isn't really a harem animu simulator out there. No, MAID doesn't really count.

Fiasco is forever the king of this.

Best friends, whiskey, monster hunting frontier teenagers and feelings.

Lasers and feelings sounds like some sort of hipster bullshit but it's a perfect distillation of the Star Trek original series. If you're a fan of that I can't recommend it highly enough. Unironicaly the best Star Trek RPG.

On that note Dark it's great if you want to total distillation of call of Culthul

>Lasers and feelings sounds like some sort of hipster bullshit
Its bait for people who haven't RPG'd before. It works well. That's a good thing

I was really sceptical but it works brilliant.

thanks for posting the CDPDF by the way. On phone.

Oh right I was going to post this too

Also

mediafire.com/download/lxm8tgrsa1ij6rr/The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen Corebook Revised and Expanded.pdf

Ohshiiiit

was I not supposed to link that. sorry if I fucked everything up

Anyone got Kobolds ate my baby
Or Toon

No it's Baron Munchausen, now it's a party.

wow some of these really have my attention...finding a group online however is going to be a bitch

What about that candles game?

>Toon
I can hook you up with its three supplements as well, just give me the word.

What's this?

Toon. It's designed to emulate shit like Looney Tunes, Wacky Races, Tom & Jerry, etc.

Sweet, thanks.

Kobolds ate my baby!

ALL HAIL KING TORG!

ALL HAIL KING TORG!

What? No Gangrape?

That's what she said

Everyone already has a copy.

How about d20 freeform? It's easy, chaotic, and pretty fun with the right players.

Anyone got "A penny for my thoughts"?

Why should I care about what you think?

Have you ever played this? Looks absurd and fun as hell.

Where's the rest of it?

Was about to ask the same, maybe its floating around on the PDF share thread somewhere.

Not that guy but I kek'd.

WAIT IT'S MISSING SHIT!?

I'VE HAD THIS PDF FOR FUCKING YEARS

I've just read about Psi-Run. Does anybody have it?

It's only ten pages, but the table of contents goes for nearly 200.

Does anyone have that shoe-based system? Like you got special shoes that gave you super powers or something.

The name is Kicks.

Ah right, does anyone have it?

Surprised no one has mentioned Time Wizards yet.

Huh.

What's Time Wizards?

Nothing much, what's time wizards with you?

Oh wow even the typesetting is outrageous

>Ah right, does anyone have it?
Had to search around some off-site archives, but I found it.

Curse the Darkness

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Glad you got it!

Ever since someone ran a short game of it at the campus games club, I've been looking to find it. Are there any other versions? Or is it just unfinished?

This was a good thread. I've learned about a lot of neat games through this. Might use some myself this Fall Semester.

The thread I got that pdf from was apparently the most recently posted version, so I assume that's all there is. I was around in the thread where it was being made, but I never saved a copy until today.

Agree, though I just came in. Here's a fun one I don't see around often.

Ah shame, someone should complete it, I had a blast playing even with the incomplete format.

>someone
Go for it, user. You're more qualified than me.

Holy shit, people still PLAY this!? Fuck, I haven't touched it in a long time, but here, have the original docs that I scrounged up for it if y'all wanna take a stab at it.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6dd97tCP05UX3dURDUxeW83U3M&usp=sharing

Also, have Danger Patrol as my thanks.

I'm actually going to be running a game of this and a couple of weeks. When I heard you were playing as undead little girls I was kind of turned off then I read the system and realize it's amazing.

Bump

I've never worked on a system or anything before, I wouldn't know the first thing.

Any more one-page rpgs like these?

Plz