Warhammer 40k General

Horus Was a Pretty Cool Guy Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for necrons aren't overpowered if you don't bring wraiths.

If you add Destroyers in formation I will agree with you.
We have a Necron player that loves infantry and will bring 40+ Warriors and the Orikan Star and it just seems like a good list not some tourney stomped.

my problem with them is how damn tanky they are, like fuck man they can even laugh off instant death

most armies are fine if you don't be a faggot in list building

eldar and tau have a harder time than most not being faggots in list building, but they can do it too

The tankiness is kind of the point though

It's basically the fast attack slot that most of necron power comes from

Destroyers are okay as part of a CAD.

I play crons and I'd still say that they're pushing it.

It's a bit more complicated than that, but basically:

-Never take a decurion unless you're playing against one of the other top four codexes or a war convocation.
-Destroyer Cult turns you from crisis suits that trade firepower for durability to pure rape.
-More than 6 Wraiths is spam, don't do that.
-The Canoptek Harvest is shit for fluffy list building because you can only take one spyder, so it doesn't make for a good Canoptek theme list. The reason you're taking that harvest? It's because you're a WAAC cunt. At least the Destroyer Cult for all it's cheese is a fucking fluff build in theory.

That is why I said Destroyers in Formation.

Why? They are basically Centurions without S&P and grav weapons. Their saves are actually worse unless facing AP2.

i know, i gotta bring more ap2/3 against them. i'll probably ally in some csm for melta/lascannons

Pics of your army Veeky Forums? Or games you've played recently?

I'm a necron player, and I field 30 warriors, 15 immortals, and 10 lychguard with obyron and and overlord minimum.
I field wraiths against tau or eldar only, and I go full harvest when I know they have bullshit.

Necrons are about knowing what your opponent can handle if you want the game to be fun. I bring mass infantry vs orks since they can out-melee my infantry. Against guard I bring a lot of gauss instead of dedicated anti-armor, since my guard players are both parking lot players. Against nids, I bring a balanced but weak list that can go toe to toe with some of their MCs.

Jetpack, preferred enemy and RP for 40 points is damn cheap.

Hey Veeky Forums, have you heard?
Orks are a melee race!

This meme will start being relevant the moment they aren't even worse at shooting.

I face Demons a lot so I rely pretty heavily on wraiths to not get rolled over.

>1,000 points IG / Astra Militarum 6E
Pask, Leman Russ Punisher w/ Lascannon
Leman Russ Exterminator w/ Lascannon
Veterans w/ 2 Meltaguns, Forward Sentries
Leman Russ Exterminator w/ Lascannon
Leman Russ Executioner w/ Lascannon
Wyvern

Friend getting a friend that's new to 40k their first game, guiding via 2v1 with one of his armies. I don't know how to adjust for 2 random 500 point armies, he doesn't want me to intentionally lose but we agreed to be subtle on letting stuff die. In the end I'll be splitting my army in half while maintaining enough firepower to deal with my more experienced friend's shenanigans.

Drop one of the Russes and grab a minimal upgrade Platoon if you can spare it. The new player shouldn't really have much of an answer to a LR's front armour unless they know what they're doing beforehand.

Have you heard that this meme is bad and you should feel bad?

So what's new for 40K? Been a lot of AoS shit recently that I've mostly ignored. What do we know about this upcoming Eldar/Deathwatch release?

>I field wraiths against tau or eldar only, and I go full harvest when I know they have bullshit.
Sadface. I wanted my fire infantry spam list with breachers and kroot supported by special weapon pathfinders to work. Then the Necron players started bringing harvests every single time.

I know I could get a riptide, but I simply don't care anymore. I just stick to playing the 2 bros at the store who want fun games, and not the players who are somehow confused at seeing a Tau army without suits.

Bring completely non-upgraded Stealthsuits, confuse them even more.

I play Tau with barely any suits myself and I feel you. As soon as people hear Tau they imagine a weeb spamming gundams and unfortunately that is a well-founded fear. Keep playing with your bros, maybe you can convince others to tone it down so you can have more fun against others once they get used to you.

Also for Necrons, I complete agree. My list is very unstructured honestly. 1 Doomsday Ark, a Night scythe with an Overlord and 5 lychguard with shields, some scarabs, the C'tan and cryptek formation for anti superheavies and that's mostly it. That said, I don't play them often so that's why I have no real strategy or build with them.

>Melee Race
>Almost all units have guns

Come back when you get rid of all your guns and want to become a REAL melee army

>I don't even have a gun and I'm still BS5

In a one-on-one fight between a Thunderhawk dropship that is forced to stay in hover mode and a knight that is kitted for melee... who wins?

Asking because we nearly had that happen in a 40k RPG thing I had tonight I want to know what would have happened.

my pictures of the last game were terrible but here's a picture of some of my chariots, i also have a skullcannon, 2 burning chariots and another slaanesh chariot

Fluffwise the Knight rips through the Thunderhawk with the first swing.

Crunchwise the Knight will probably kill it turn 2 unless it rolls lucky with its weapons.

garish as fuck

Poor bloodthings
>T3
>1 attack profile
>no transports
>That'll be 10 points please

What's going on with those bases?

i couldn't be bothered to base them with stuff, an attempt was made but it was terrible so i painted them as roads instead.

thank you

>In a one and one fight where the Thunderhawk is gimped what happens.

To be fair on the user, the Knight could do virtually nothing if the Thunderhawk had its full movement capability, in both crunch and fluff terms. While the Thunderhawk possesses the firepower to eventually wear the Knight down, somewhat quicker than most ground units, too.

Who the fuck upgrades those?

You keep them cheap and in cover, and annoy the SHIT out of people with 2+ cover saves, where shooting them is pointless, but letting them live is an equally bad idea.

Could definitely do that. I would be waiting on him to assault the tank but its probably safer to let him mow down infantry and get to the more vulnerable Wyvern.

Swapping the Executioner for a bare platoon leaves 35 points for me to be creative with. Like camo netting for HQ tanks, platoon Autocannons, etc. Also extra infantry so I could spare a Veteran squad to help protect Pask.

>maybe you can convince others to tone it down so you can have more fun against others once they get used to you.
I was one of the original people from the club I play at.

These people are also new to necrons. Space marines before that. Bought into it about a years ago.

If you give them any fusion blasters, its worth their while to toss a target lock on with them

Without Drones, weapon upgrades or support systems, Stealthsuits are really a false distraction not worth their points unless the opponent is stupid enough to waste shots on eliminating three BS3 Burst Cannons. Unless they're camping on objectives, of course.

Oh, and a single Positional Relay could be useful

Sounds good. Makes for a well-rounded tactical list while still cutting down the initial problem of dealing with the Leman Russ's armour (at least for 1kpts games). Doesn't give your opponent any massive weaknesses to exploit, either, just some bodies they can satisfy themselves with blowing to pieces.

user who originally asked about it here. In the RPG we got challenged to a knight duel. We didn't have a knight, but we did consider using our thunderhawk dropship instead. We'd be forced to hover because leaving the duelling arena would disqualify us.

I duno, my Stealthsuits fare pretty well with upgrades. Advanced Targetting for the precision shots on Burst Cannons makes chewing up infantry have the added bonus of taking out special weapons, gimping them in the process. A fusion Blaster adds more punch for the Shas'vre so you get free ML with your Target Lock to shoot 2 different targets and positional relay for the shas'vre's slot allows you to outflank better. Homing beacon gives you nice pinpoint Deepstrikes too.

It's a very versatile and tactical unit. Keeping them basic seems a complete waste of points in my opinion.

>implying I ever pay the points for more than one my lesser daemons units
>not just summoning 2 units of S4/5 I4 ap3 daemons in your opponents face first turn.

that sounds pretty awesome

Protip: Through most of 2, 3, 4 and 5e the best ork lists relied on dakka. 2 had wargear heavy flashgitz and zany ork artillery, 3/4 had Kult ov Speed which was generally shooty. 5 had shootas > sluggas and lootas.

A Thunderhawk is, in the end, a support and transport aircraft. A Knight is a mech designed for one-on-one engagements or killing heavier enemies and most of its frame is archeotech.

There really is no beating a Knight in confined combat 1 on 1 unless you bring something bigger, a Knight of your own or Eldar/Necron shenanigans. Especially not with something not designed for that sort of fight at all in the first place.

Even know the best Orks lists are just rokkit spam and mek gunz.
three units of tank bustas in trukks with rockets, three units of TL rokkit buggies, three units of mek gunz, a 15 point mek and two grot squads for your CAD.

I dig it. Let us know how it goes/how it went.

Don't for a blood thirster!
D-thirster/reaver-thirster eat knights for breakfast*.
*depending on who rolls the most sixes

I was more referring to machines, but yeah, some non-vehicles also have the ability to rip a Knight up if it gets close.

Well, we're not going with that plan. See, when the other knights on the planet heard we accepted the duel without having a knight of our own they laughed and said if we'd won without a knight they would pledge their lives in our service.

Our Lady Captain liked the sound of that.

That's why next session is going to be four guys on foot with blind grenades, meltabombs and grappling hooks against an Imperial Knight.

So eldar gonna rape slaanesh and Xhe is getting squatted from 40k
Meanwhile if steamhead dwarves sell well GW will rework them for squats return
What a glorious time to be alive

The way I see it, Imperium players as a whole don't get to complain about destroyers, since Kataphrons exist. Compared to Necron Destroyers, Kataphron Destroyers have +1S, an extra gun which they can also fire, a salvo 6 (which is always fired in full) Grav Cannon, and all the Cult Mechanicus benefits on top of that. With no invuln save at all and no relentless, Destroyers are a pretty weak choice for Necrons (in my experience)

Does it have any ranged weaponry? If so, you're worse than retarded. Otherwise, avoid the stomps and you'll be fine

Don't forget that Kataphron Destroyers only have BS/WS3, no access to a FnP equivalent, worse Ld, a worse Armour Save and cost 15 extra points a model.

That being said, they're still a murderous unit when you give them the Grav.

>tfw nobody answered my question last time really

New player, want to make a Red Corsairs army. People in my area seem to have a lot of tanks and some Imperial Knights which are Katyn level rape according to what I've read, so I think I will need some anti-armor units. My question is:

If I have six Chosen with 1 combi-melta/5 meltaguns in a rhino which itself has a combi-melta, is this good to Outflank with Huron Blackheart's warlord trait into my opponent's deployment zone as anti-tank?

Also, it seems like there's some controversy about this Infiltrate/Outflank rule, if I give Huron the Infiltrate rule with his warlord trait roll, can he go with a unit and give it Infiltrate without taking up more than one of the instances of the special rule I rolled for with Master of Deception?

Isn't the whole relentless jetpack thing also a plus in destroyers favour?
Red Corsairs are one of the few CSM armies that could pass for vanilla. If you want fun, play your chosen. If you want to win, play loyaleeeeests in astral claw scheme

your husbando was boring and is long dead, i like beards as much as the next guy

...it might have been cool to have them be the tau instead. beards on everything, inferiority complex

i kinda wanna make a list of MC that could take on knights easily in combat. skarbrand, belakor, destroyer blood, greater/prince with flesh/armorbane. carnifex if it can get the charge off or survive till i2

>So eldar gonna rape slaanesh and Xhe is getting squatted from 40k
Nah, Slaanesh will be squatted from AoG.

>Isn't the whole relentless jetpack thing also a plus in destroyers favour?

They're a lot faster than Kataphrons, yeah. Though I can't see a mention of Relentless anywhere (unless I'm retarded and Jetpacks give Relentless these days, makes sense considering Stealthsuits don't have them either.)

I'm not trying to say Kataphrons are worse than Necron Destroyers, they can very, very much do better with Canticles, Grav and the right use, but the Destroyer Formation turns those floating skeletons into the incarnation of atom-destabilising roborape.

Intredasting. How long has White Dwarf been gone for? Bit weird of them to pull it without instantly replacing it. Wonder if they're trying to find out whether it's worthwhile bothering with it from a sales perspective?

True, they have no FnP, but the Canticles negate most of the WS/BS 3 troubles. After that they've got the relentless-ish rule which gives them infinitely more mobility than the Destroyers, since they've got no relentless.

You are just quickly adding another 50% to their cost, and a single bs3 fusion blaster for that exorbitant price is just not a good idea. Besides, S5 can chew through most vehicles already, and it can quickly get a lot of attention when it suddenly has access to that juicy AV10 rear armour.

>Wonder if they're trying to find out whether it's worthwhile bothering with it from a sales perspective?

Boy, are you dumb. I bet you had a huge smug look on your unwashed face when you wrote that too.

They're taking a break for a month because the new White Dwarf will cover the last month's releases in a new monthly magazine.

I've always loved the look of Destroyers, and the Jet Packs and guns are great, but the lack of relentless makes them pretty unusable to me, especially considering their saves aren't fantastic to start with.

How many carnifexes could you get for the price of a knight? 2-3 right? 2 or 3 carnifexes would probably tear apart a knight i close combat.

Any news on who is getting FAQs today?

Just checked the Core Rulebook (this user here), Jet Pack units actually gain Relentless and Deep Strike automatically.

It's something I completely forgot about and needed to look for, though.

>Jet Pack
>lack of relentless
How? Jet pack grants relentless.

>I've always loved the look of Destroyers

hmmmm, they look kinda like some retarded half-assed conversion to me

>dude here are my fast necrons, I just cut their legs off and attached a giant platform to their ass and gave them this oversized gun from my bitz box

I'm saying this as a guy who likes some wonky ass models. But hey, that's just like, my opinion man.

Princes are ID'd by D because it counts as s10 and doesn't have as many attacks as a thirster so it's a bad choice vs a knight. You can buff them with iron arm but that disallows MoK which is your only option for the D on a prince.

You're pretty fucking retarded, user.

It's not just the fusion blaster, man. Their versatility combined with their mobility and cover saves make them really worth investing in I think. I mean in base they have 90 points for 3 basic burst cannons when for the same price you could get a remora with better mobility, harassment and burst cannon usage along with 2 seeker missiles.

Basic stealths is just 90 points for a few more S5 AP5 shots. but if you spend 30~ points on them, you can have them syngerize with the rest of the army in a way that might act as a force multiplier.

Too much potential to squander IMO. For the same price you can just get blobs of kroot or more Strikes if you wanted quantity.

>there doesn't seem to be any real way to attach them completely snug
There isn't

I was planning to mount heavy flamers on everything I could for my Blood Angels, but I'm starting to think this is a mistake.

Depending on how hard it is to magnetize a land raider or a predator, I have to decide whether I want a Crusader or a Redeemer, and if I want assault cannon/bolters or flamestorm cannon/heavy flamers.

Which are the most typical anti-tau strategies for each faction?

Wow, you insulted me good there. So it's only been a few weeks, then?

You don't want a fucking hurricane bolter. You have better places to spam 4/5 if you want to do that.

the Remora isn't 3+ save with a 2+ cover most of the time.

You would need 3 (360 pts), 2 wouldn't cut it since 1 of them is likely to die before I2

That's really dumb, previews build hype build sales. Right now we have a known release in two days and no pictures at all for it.

Remora can hover in a ruin for a 2+ cover. It can jink for a flying 2+ cover.

Where can you find the rules for the Remora?

No, the last issue for the weekly WD came out July 30th.

No but it's got Jink and Shrouded and is a flyer so needs specialized equipment to even hit. It's a fair bit more survivable I reckon.

Redeemer it is, then. I guess Power of the Machine Spirit makes flamers a bit more useful.

While on the subject, what is the best weapon for a razorback? I'm thinking assault cannon.

It was said upcoming releases will be hyped on their social media channels.

Imperial Armor 3 2nd ed: The Taros Campaign. It's in the Mega.

I want to field a full execution force because I like the idea of assassins, I can figure out how all the others work but I'm having a hard time figuring out where the Eversor fits in.

What is he actually good at besides being a screaming distraction?

Thanks!

fuck em with a chainaxe

The Eversor is just a beat-stick

So just throw him into the meatgrinder and hope his exploding corpse makes up his points?

>What is he actually good at besides being a screaming distraction?
killing basic squads

4 BS8 pistol shots + 8 S5 power sword attacks. Having a melta-bomb on a model that can charge 6+3D6" is also moderately useful, though not for the price.

>I want to field a full execution force
don't

That's like six hundred points spent on four gimmick models. Take one assassin. Swap them out depending on your whims. Just do not take all of them at once. It's a bad idea unless playing in a huge game.

>Don't
Well I'm going to buy them all so I have to try it at least once ha.

Here's a quick draft of my BA list.

R8/H8

Does this fix mutilators:
>drop price to 45
>+1 S
>rampage
>Max unit size 5
>LR ded trans

I bought all of them too

Just remember that they're T4 and only have a 4+ save. And the only one that has any extra protection at all is the culexus (which is partly why he's considered the best one).