Mythic Fantasy Roleplaying Game

What does Veeky Forums think of MYFAROG?

My group and I have had great fun with it, we're about 7 sessions in, roughly 28 hours of play.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ah8sEG9YGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you blasted black metal in the background while playing?

>inb4 RAAAAYCISS

It's a bad game.
Worse still, the only reason anyone talks about is because of an idiot from /pol/ trying to force a meme.

So please, fuck off with your shit, Varg. Stop making these threads, and maybe learn how to make a game that isn't just a D&D heartbreaker.

You're a sad fuck who needs mental help, and you should stop trying to make these threads just to discuss how much of a shitbag you are, because your game is of no actual interest.

>Mythic Fantasy Roleplaying Game

I thought this was a genre.

Someone actually named their game that?

Wew, lad, got your catharsis now?

No, you nitwit, the name of the game is MYFAROG. Which is an idiotic portmanteau/acronym/whatever, but it's still a name.

It's mediocre fantasy adventure rpg #89 people only talk about because the author is a living meme.

The only reason anyone ever talks about it is because it was made by Varg. If it were made by someone else, it would be quickly forgotten as one more in a long line of clunky D&D heartbreakers.

How successfulö does a fantasy game have to be to not be considered a heartbreaker? The fact that people here talk about it repeatedly tells me it's not a heartbreaker. Heartbreakers are games whose names no one even remembers.

Please, just kill yourself Varg.
You're a fucking embarrassment.

As has been said repeatedly, and will be said repeatedly until the end of time, the only reason it has had any sort of success was its author and his notoriety. The game itself has every feature of a heartbreaker and nothing stand out at all. It isn't even particularly bad. The reason Veeky Forums loves to talk about it is because it inevitably sparks a shitpost war over whether or not Varg murdered that guy or whether or not he's a racist or whether or not his music sucks or whatever. People that like him get to be angry, people that don't like him get to be angry, everyone has a good argument for 347 replies and 42 images hidden, click here to reply, and then it 404s until someone brings it up again to repeat the exact same thread.

Nobody talks about the game in these threads. You can look on any archive for proof. Just Varg, and his character. There just isn't anything to talk about. There isn't even anything terrible to laugh at, like Anal Circumference. The best you have is a slightly awkward table about wind and swimming which supposedly isn't even in the game anymore.

If you want to talk about the game and how good it is, let's hear it. What are some stand out features of it mechanically? What makes you like it? What grabs you as a player, and what about the setting inspires you to want to play it? If we're going to talk about it, let's talk about the game rather than another fucking tiresome argument about plate glass windows and churches.

> The reason Veeky Forums loves to talk about it

You mean one faggot spams it.

But I am not Varg, I am Virt.

Oh, I have never played or even read it. I have to ask though: just what has a game to deliver to stand out and not be a heartbreaker? I mean... Dragon Age as a setting/system doesn't stand out and nobody would talk about it if it wasnt for the PC games... is it a heartbreaker?

when will reddit vacate Veeky Forums, lads? do we really need to call /pol/ to actually colonize here like redditors have already done? the enemy of our enemy is our friend desu

Does it have griffons?

Heartbreakers, from what I understand, are a bit more defined than just unsuccessful games. They're D&D, but with a couple of minor tweaks or one big change. Often created by long time GMs who have come up with their own set of house rules and essentially just tried to publish that as a game. You could probably call OSR games heartbreakers too, and they've met some sort of success. Dragon Age is fairly mechanically distinct enough to not be a heartbreaker, even if it doesn't have a great amount of success.

I'm going to go ahead and walk myself back here and retract my statement about Myfarog being a heartbreaker, because I don't actually know. I've never seen a pdf posted anywhere, and nobody seems to know how the damn thing actually plays apart from a single skill table that looks sort of like D&D DC charts.

I recently peeked into a varg video where he explained it but I couldn't stand watching it entirely. I really looked like a grognard system.

Seems like the Charles Manson end of goofyness.

>I can't read.

pdf or gtfo

I want Varg to stop posting.

The whole corebook is set in Papyrus font??? Oh, shit.

>/pol/ meme: the game

>the enemy of our enemy is our friend desu
/pol/ will always be the enemy

Any pdfs of the core book?

It is racist though. Blatantly enough that you'd be an idiot to argue otherwise. Of course speaking as a racist myself, the problem isn't that it's a racist game, but the fact that it's fucking BORING racism. Le not!niggers get a bonus to throwing spears, le not!jews are sneaky, and le not!whites are proud aryan ubermensch. Nothing laughable about it, just a straight-faced presentation of stock stereotypes in the dullest and least imaginative manner possible.

>modern varg
>black metal

Learn the lore, he hates 'metal music' now

Dungeon synth then

>not traditional skaldic music

Disgusting untermensch.

>whether or not Varg murdered that guy
Wait, is that hyperbole or did that actually happen?

Also, I'm late to the war. What's actually bad about MYFARGO? I remember a few threads when it first popped up, but I ignored it.

Go into the archive instead of acting like an idiot shill bumping up his faggot thread.

See
The only reason the thread isn't gone yet is because someone bumped it off the back pages to talk about Varg.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ah8sEG9YGo

he's a murderer.

A heartbreaker traditionally is a new system that promises fun and excitement and nothing you've ever seen before, but then it winds up tied to the chains of D&D too hard to make a lasting impression. Called heartbreakers because there is usually 1 mechanic in there that people love, but the rest of the system is so D&D that you can just ad-hoc the mechanic straight up into your D&D session and ignore the rest of it.

OSR would not be a heartbreaker because they don't make promises other than to relive your OSR nostalgia days while promising to be more palatable to the modern gamer, which they largely succeed at.

Fantasy Craft would not be a heartbreaker because it fully admits that it is a rebuild of the 3.5 rules, though it actually comes close simply due to how many promises it makes about "being a totally new system!" If it had not admitted the 3.5 origins, it would be a heartbreaker.

I legitimately cannot think of something that is actually a heartbreaker, because whenever I see a list of actual heartbreaker games, 90% of them are shit I have never heard of, and that's because of the reason above where people just ad-hoc the interesting bits from skimming the book in the store and then throwing away the rest.

I know that a lot of what I wrote is similar to what you wrote, but I feel there were a few nuances you didn't fully capture.

And you're a faggot for bumping this thread with your pointless tl;dr.

It's textual diarrhea that says nothing worth saying, and you should be ashamed for wasting your time typing all that just to bump this retarded thread.

k.

>Called heartbreakers because there is usually 1 mechanic in there that people love, but the rest of the system is so D&D that you can just ad-hoc the mechanic straight up into your D&D session and ignore the rest of it.
I thought it was because the creator had big dreams of getting it published, but then it turns out nobody wanted yet another photocopied homebrew setting for AD&D.

Both are kinda related. Anyway, MYFARGO apparently used 3d6+attribute+skill versus difficulty number for task resolution. In other words: groundbreaking stuff you have never ever seen anywhere else before.

Honestly, I'd be willing to accept that as part of the definition, but then that would limit it to shit you'd have to see in real life.

Pdfs can count as long as they're priced at a dollar on dtrpg.

>when will reddit vacate Veeky Forums, lads?
When you do.