Think of any character class from a system that uses classes

Think of any character class from a system that uses classes.

Got it?

You now have to run a campaign for a party where every member is playing as that class. What system/class is it? How do you go about it?

For argument's sake, assume this hypothetical party consists of 4 people, and they're willing to bend to any restrictions you put on character race, abilities, etc. as long as they all play the same class.

>system is Strike!
>class is Squire

That's... that's going to be fucking glorious. Every battle will be about everyone encouraging and helping everyone to attack.

>Anima
>Technician
TODAY
IN I'M GOING TO RIP THE FUCK OUT OF EVERY SINGLE BATTLE SHOUNEN...

OUR VALIANT INQUISITORIAL TRAINEES VENTURE TO THE TAO ZAO DAN DISGUISED AS CIVILIANS TO COMPETE!

>Cleric
>5e
"We're playing modern fantasy. You're all pretty much Power Rangers now."
>"But-"
"No buts. I'll have an NPC be the fifth ranger."
>"I call Red."
"Excellent. Mankind sought out other power sources in the face of an energy crisis, eventually stumbling upon an alternate dimension called the Wave Zone that expanded outwards and eventually blanketed our own dimension in magical energy. A Wave, capital W, is basically like the Force.There are several different types of Waves, each creating their own 'interference' and 'attunement' from which they get their names, like the Justice Wave."

Do video game systems count?

Damn, too late. My first thought was a party of warforged, color-coded red/blue/black/yellow.

Sure, why not.

You are now developing a mod/expansion where the player can only use that class; or, if it's an RPG/strategy, all of the units/characters in the party are that class.

I fucked up.
>Diep.io
>Hybrid
Oh look. Artillery's here.

>druids 3.5/Pathfinder

Several options come to mind

Either defending druid forests against incusions from a civilized kingdom. Have to fight superior weaponry with wit or by seeking out ancient forest spirits a la The Spirit of the Forest/Nightwalker. Now that I think about it, just do a Princess Mononoke from the forest spirit's perspective. Players can be representatives of different animal gods.

Another option is similar, but conflicts with the fey. Have cool adventures that are centered around various folklore inspired by little known legends.

Last option would be more like Civilization with druid settlement. Focus on helping tribe survive in a secluded part of the land, have to plan out hunting and day to day activities to survive the winter and keep peace with local tribes. Would try to make it super comfy.

>Psychics in Stars Without Number
This will either be fantastic or end 5 seconds in when someone aggressively pokes the party and everyone dies.

>ME1
>Soldier
Team of indestructible hardasses with infinite-ammo "assault rifles" plowing through the galaxy's biggest baddies.

So... Is that a real comic that Superman spanked her in? I need it for research.

Druid. Plays pretty much like a Captain Planet episode.

Please bear in mind that the playtest document is a very rough first draft, and that every one of the classes (and even the role) there have many changes pending. Even the squire is in dire need of revisions to make its features and powers actually worthwhile compared to a warlord.

The dancer, engineer, and evoker are the classes most in need of cleanup.

>even the mention of a game is enough to cause damage control
I'm 'avin a laff.

>WFRP
>Rat Catcher

Oh man.

>Party are a group of slaves bought by an aging man, who wants to buy them for the fighting pits
>Trains them harshly and relentlessly, every day
>It's almost worse than the manual labour from before
>The only thing keeping the PCs going is hate, passion, or hope
>After years, he summons them all to his room
>4 covered up mannequins of what they assume is to be their leathers for the fighting pits, along with weapons covered in cloth
>Old man is dressed in plate armor, a rolled up scroll on the table
>"Your training is almost complete. One final test remains."
>"And what do we get out of all this?"
>"Closure."
>Pulls the covers off the the mannequins
>Shining plate armor, finely crafted swords and heavy shields
>He unfurls the scroll to reveal a detailed map
>They know this place. They spent so many years incarcerated there
>"We ride at midnight, and claim your vengeance in the name of justice."

>5e Paladins

I'm not sure you understand the quality of work publish back in the day.

White Box OD&D.

Fighting Man.

In a perfectly mundane, non-magical world, a dungeon appears. A gateway to the mythic underworld. Infested with monsters from legend, and also the only place in the world where genuinely magical items can be found. Enchanted swords and armor, wondrous artifacts of yore, and also consumable potions and spell-scrolls.

"Thieving skills" are handled by ordinary description of action augmented with ability checks where necessary. The only way in the world to cast a spell is to read it off a magical scroll, which anyone can do, requiring an Int check for a magic-user spell or a Wis check for a clerical spell.

4 Tech-Priests. This is either going to be an excellent Minecraft-esque base-building campaign. or a horrendous clash of various conflicting dogmas from various Mechanicus factions. Depends on what people show up with as characters and whether or not anyone is a Heretek. But I would 100% run it.

>The first class I thought of was Dawn Caste Solar Exalted
PleaseGodWhy.png

Why Not Both?

4 D&D Paladins.

Honestly not bad at all, just give those who want ranged weapons the option to range smite (maybe for a smaller damage dice so d6 instead of d8) and let em DEUS VULT on a holy quest.

> Rogue Trader
> missionary

Hum. Perhaps thier trader is given a bounty for every planet he "converts" and they are his main hit squad/face with the people.

bard

an all bard team might work if they're buffing eachother up a lot

>5e
>Rogue

5e is really good, I think.

YOU ARE A MOTHERFUCKING GANG. PICK A BADASS GANG NAME AND EVEN BADASSER STREET NAMES. NOW GO AND MAKE A PROFIT, WELCOME TO THE SHANKTOWN, HERE'S YOUR RUSTY DAGGERS. NO ARCANE TRICKSTERS BECAUSE MAGIC IS FOR PUSSIES.

>Black Crusade
>4 thousand sons Sorcerers
ALL IS DUST MOTHERFUCKERS!

>Rogue.
That's easy. I basically run a Thief the Dark Project campaign.
PCs start by doing small scores in the nobles quarter so they can afford to pay rent and then eventually get tangled in magical bullshit by one of their clients, shoehorning them into having to save the city they live in from getting eaten by an ancient eldritch horror.

>4 paladins in GURPS
We play Dungeon Fantasy, probably.

>this will be amazing

>Pathfinder
>Alchemist
You're all on a quest to find the recipe for the philosopher's stone. Good luck

>Courtiers from Fantasy Craft
Holy god damn.

>damage control
...when they're saying it's not gonna be as great as the first guy thinks?
Are you reading this thread backwards?

>D&D Rogues
So, just steal the plot of a heist movie and set it in a generic fantasy world? Okay.

>implying it won't be a Jack Vance novel

>Noise Marines

It's a sex, drugs, and rock and roll campaign, like Metalacolypse, but all the violence on purpose.

Glitterboy
I don't know. I don't even like mecha.

Why the spoilers? Also careful enemy selection

I said "warlock" and I'm going with Fate Core.

I'd be open to either modern or fantasy,but I'd lean towards modern.

I think It has just as much chance to be a happy version of Fury Road or a less structured version of Changeling the Lost. Either way, I'll be trying to get them to slip closer to acting like its wire-fu.

>Rogue Trader
>Astropaths

Everything explodes

>Dark Heresy
>Scum

Glorious.

>Rogue
The party is contracted by the King of their home nation to go on a special mission to sow the seeds of war in a neighbouring kingdom.

They must travel there incognito alone, make it past the border, install themselves in the castle and complete a list of tasks before the princes wedding to ruin it all and blame it on a third, unrelated kingdom.

They'd have to meet contacts, different deadlines ("we've booked you passage on a ship with alibis, make it to the dock in 15 days or it leaves without you").

I'd probably play this in BoL for the job system and looser rules, or 3.5 for the splatbooks so they can make really diverse rogues.

Who would play this?

Does anyone want to actually get this going on Roll20? Now that I've typed it out, it's really appealing to me

You just gave me a boner

>Pathfinder Summoner

Fire Emblem Troubadours...
So four prim and proper ladies on horses with no way of attacking...
Then again I thing the fan run tabletop gives them knives so it's prim and proper ladies on horses with a healing staff in one hand and a shiv in the other... could work...

FOUR COMMISSARS IN ONE PARTY!?!?

>Dark Heresy Psykers

>Bard
>Pathfinder

Nothing says "I just got my ass kicked" like getting beaten by a barbershop quartet. I'd probably have the players be forced into adventuring from their Bardic College. Most likely they are stuck together not through personal relationships, but because their instructors assigned them into this manner.

The goal is simple. To truly become a bard, one must not simply know about legends. You must become one. Go forth, and become the main hero of a story that can be sung for generations to come. If you fail? Well you'll either be dead or singing in cheap taverns for the rest of your life. Should you succeed, however, you will be rewarded with the honor of being written into the Bardic College's "Arcane Epic", a magical legend that spans time and the planes themselves. Playing for gods and kings and all in-between, being put into the Arcane Epic gives those upon it grants of immortality, transplanar travel, and all manner of other abilities. But only true legends can sign their names upon it.

>Buccaneers of Shadaki

YO HO, YOU ARE A PIRATE

More seriously, this could actually be an interesting game. One of the big backstory elements of Shadaki is that the *reason* piracy is so common is because the actual nation is under the thumb of a corrupt system ruled by despots - but that government is dependent on trade, since Shadaki is a major ocean power. So piracy offers profit for the less moral, and a chance to buck the system for those frustrated by their nation's descent into corruption and tyranny. It could be a fairly interesting campaign, although Lone Wolf's class system means PC abilities would overlap hard in the long run.

Full-bard rock band, yay

Oh god.

>4 summoners DF
Watch the mediocrity lead to their untimely demises

Had the same thought.

It would need to be really well roleplayed or it'd turn into the 40k equivalent of a tantrum spiral.

4e Swordmage
A party of swordmages fits pretty well into my setting so it goes well for me
As for the players, they would be short of a leader so some encounters will be harder

I had the same thought, funnily enough.

>You will never play a campaign of Medieval Metal Gear

>full Warblade party
Shit just got real.

All assassins party in DSA (The dark eye)

We Assassin's creed now. Except we don't drop the ball after AC2

It's 35°C out here and I just got chills reading that.
10/10 would read epic trilogy.

>Entire party starts off as young boys in a village hitting each other with wooden swords.
>Spend time developing characters, make the village they're from seem like a place in which people actually live.
>Get them attached to NPCs, the innkeep, the blacksmith, the baker, his redheaded daughter, etc.
>Have the first session or so be a "childhood" one, focusing on the internal politics of the town, their upbringing, the cast, and doing menial tasks for everyone.
>Then hit them with a goblin incursion in the teen years, simple shit, let them be heroes.
>After the goblins are gone, have them all be conscripted to fight in the millitary
>Send them to boot camp
>RP out good and relatable NPCs here, but also make sure to throw in a bunch of assholes too
>Send them to the front lines as front line fighters
>Not goblins anymore, skirmishes focusing on killing other people.
>Drop hints at other people being human too. Loot involving keepsakes from home, love letters, lockets, swords that look as though they're very old and were likely family heirlooms
>Send them through, conquering villages and towns, dealing with the fleeing townsfolk as they fear the other armies.
>Have them come across completely abandoned friendly villages, corpses still rotting and looters still running around
>The party being PCs, they excel, become officers.
>Give them a brief respite in the winter, they return home to worried friends and family
>Have a lot of the NPCs be visably less vibrant than before, not everybody from the village made it back.
>Back to the front lines
>After the winter thaw, the war is at a stalemate
>More people die, including NPCs friends.
>Eventually a peace is brokered
>No borders change
>No repercussions are paid
>The fighting just stops one day
>Send the party back home
>Campaign ends with them sitting in a tavern, overhearing four young boys and their excitement over playing soldier with their wooden swords.

D&D 5e, All Fighter Party

>L5R
>Ronin
Bunch of honorless dogs on a road trip. Perhaps learning the meaning of respect along the way.

Do M&M archetypes count?
Lets say they count.
Then it's going to be a crazy adventure romp of MAD SCIENCE GADGETEERS across the dimensions.

> All wizard.
> Game begins with head wizard of tneir college/tower informing the players that someone has "turned off the magic."
> Entire game is a bunch of physically weak wizards running around trying to figure out why magic has stopped working.
> First encounter is a level one rat who wipes the party.

Sounds fun, I'd play it.

Men used to spank grown women, especially their wives, back in the 40s.