Imperial Guard regiment creation thread

You know the drill! Drop down and give me d10!

>Regiment Classification

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/content/men-women-spaceflight-adaptation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

qe

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Navy Armsmen: Experts in void-combat, they'll defend the ship or take the enemy's.

Ok, neat. Do you guys want to choose "spacers" as default on the Recruitment Criteria table, or do you guys want to roll in that table?

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Let's roll, more fun than way, if the result is shit, we get spacers

All female [m/f ratio adjustable]

Y/N?

Anyways, moving on!
>Nature of Recruitment d10

n pls

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Let's see how it goes, It seems interesting enough

All female spacers?

Yes. Never got that before.

Elite tithe: The best of the best of the planet were recruited for this regiment.

>Home World d100

Rolled 28 (1d100)

Rolled 6 (1d100)

This looks promising. Female Spacers, the best that their planet has to offer.

Feral World

Ok feral world navy armsmen?

>Terrain (1d100)

Actually, I believe I read somewhere that women adapt better to space travel compared to men. So maybe the planet took it to the extreme and segregate the genders based on that. Women become voidworkers and marines, men become groundworkers and regular soldiers.

Also, reduced gravity means perkier tits.

Feral world spacers, interesting

Rolled 80 (1d100)

I'm not really sure how I feel about that. What could justify that?

Rolled 56 (1d100)

>women adapt better to space travel
> nasa.gov/content/men-women-spaceflight-adaptation

Urban. Urban feral world, hmmm

>Regiment Core Units (d100)

Wait Guys.

Don't you see?

Ice World. Female Spacers.

We have a Inuit force.

Could we just go with the hive world roll instead?

let's have a vote. who want us to go hive instead of feral?

so iron age, but buildings everywhere. Also space focus...Maybe the planet has no atmosphere and humanity lives in an extensive and built up cavern system?

I'll leave my vote to your discretion. I like the fridge theory I made. And I think a ship crewed by primitives from a world of no light and little air sailing by superstition would be cool. But that takes things in a very unusual direction and I only want to do it if that sounds like something you want to run.

I'll keep that in mind 007. Anyway, let's move on. We still have to roll for Regiment Core Units
>(d100)

Actually, does Feral necessarily mean they have no technology? They might have plenty, and just not know how it works. Or, not know why it works.

They live in the ruins of left behinds of a more sophisticated group of humans, but still manage to get some things to work. Or have to get some things to work, because otherwise they would freeze to death.

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Shock Troopers

>Specialization (d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Counter
Ok so shock troops that specialize in counter. Can someone ellaborate?

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

They're voidmarines, so I imagine it has to do with boarding a ship that's already been boarded, or boarding an enemy before they can board you.

attacking them just lets them know your there

Mate, Feral worlds in 40k are, simplified, Mad Max worlds where tech is treated as a dangerous but neccessary thing and is usually rules by warlords.

This is if we go by FFG's Only War books of course, and it is what the rollers are based on.

But Amazonian Spacers sounds awesome.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Unorthodox: Serve the Emperor in ways frowned upon by most in the Administratum.

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 65 (1d100)

Augmented Troops

Oh boy..

>Regiment Creed (d100)

Rolled 44 (1d100)

so apparently we went past mad max a long time ago and just pressed the accelerator down harder

For the Emperor: Fervent belief in the Imperial cult and the righteous mission of the Imperium fuels this regiment.

>Regiment Friends (d100)

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Scholastia Psykana

Ok, enemies
>1d100

why to the scholastica like the twisted primitive bezerker's?

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Minor Xenos Species/Empires(1d100)

Oh, this might be fun

I'm seeing them more as space Valkyries than berserkers.

Maybe they protect the Blackships?

Guarding black ships?

Rolled 29 (1d100)

Actually maybe they're some kind of offshoot of the Sisters of Silence?

Fra'al

From lexicanum: The Fra’al are a technologically advanced, highly psychic and merciless alien race. They are mysterious; who they are is unknown and aside from a few scattered stories mankind remains blissfully ignorant of the Fra’al. Accurate knowledge of the Fra’al is strictly prohibited by the Ordo Xenos, but in legend they are renowned for their technology and piratical raids

Ok, so before we recap all of this, did you guys want feral urban people?

how are they unorthodox if
?

Woops I meant to quote
For the 2nd one

I'm just thinking more Techno-Barbarians who barely understand the high tech they're using then just regular Barbarians who don't even use any.

well, considering their ongoing themes, there is every chance that they have latent psykers or mutants in their ranks

Unorthodox means that they're unusual and not totally sanctioned by the wider Administratum. Not that they don't believe in the Emperor.

Perhaps they're ideas about him and they're worship of him are highly unusual, but they stick very close to their own ideas.

I have an image of female spacers who go on an emperor woshipping waagh recruiting more women from the worlds they liberate for tha emprah

Actually, reading about the Fra'al, they have very powerful anti-ship weapons but I can't find any good mention of how they're soldiers are.

So maybe they're deployed to protect Blackships from the Fra'al by boarding the enemy ships rather than trying to fight them conventionally with ship weapons.

I think we are okay with somewhat civilized warrior women.

Ok, recap time:
>Navy armsmen
>All female
>Elite tithe
>Home world: Feral urban world
>Shock Troopers
>Specialization: counter
>Unorthodox loyalty
>Augmented troops
>Regiment Creed: For the Emperor
>Regiment Friends: Scholastia Psykana
>Regiment Enmies: Minor Xenos "Fra'al

ok so hat shall we call these fightin ladies?

The xenos opened fire on the black ship, whose own guns returned fire. But the aliens weapons were too powerful. Thankfully they had a trump card. The guardswomen toom thier seats in their boarding vehicle and with a quick litany prepared to do what they did best.

The vehicle slammed into the heretical ship creating a cloud of dust and debris on the inside causing many an alien to panic. The a woman inside licked her lips and smiles in anticipation of delivering the emperors justice.

The door opened and the fierce ladies of the emperor were met with makeshift barricades and sealed doors but all fell beneath sword and flame. They slaughtered all they encountered and made thier way to the bridge to find the captain and crew dead by thier own hand rather than face these fierce women.

Sounds pretty cool, honestly, but I have a thing for boarding space ships. For augments, they probably need to be able to 1.) hold breath incredibly long 2.) have a body that can withstand high pressure 3.) and a body that can maintain decent internal temperature. Since they're an elite tithe, I don't see them having money problems