What is the opposite of "Humanity fuck yeah!"?

What is the opposite of "Humanity fuck yeah!"?

Other urls found in this thread:

rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Drowtales. Humans are stupid animals and don't have souls.

OP's existence.

The Imperium of Man.
It pretends it's HFY, but their culture is barbaric, decadent, barely functional, and quite explicitly doomed.
At best the heroic individuals in it's military forces and Inquisition can stave off said destruction, but given the rate that the group's are riven with corruption and useless people die and take others with them this is at best a delaying tactic.

The Imperium of Man survived by sacrificing everything that makes Humanity worth surviving at all, and much like The Emperor they are propped up in a shaky semblance of unlife as they wither, rot, and inevitable fail.

And even if you claim that the methods they've taken were the ONLY way it could have survived, this further solidifies it as the opposite of HFY; this means that literally every course possible in this setting was ultimately a pointless and futile one for the human race, and their destiny was to shine brightly before dying impotently and flailing at the dark like the broken children they were, accomplishing nothing, living for nothing, and leaving nothing behind.

Humanity dying off would've gone a long way to weakening Chaos, too.

6edgy8me

homosexuals

Yet somehow Eldar spawned Slaanesh and all three older Chaos gods were born before humanity reached sufficient numbers to shape the Warp. Other races fucked more than humans and there is no reason to believe they won't fuck up again. Unless you embrace green future ruled by Orkz.

The media that HFY was a reaction against in the first place of course.

in other words, all settings where everyone else is better than humans/humans are newfags and must learn from the other races?

WW1 or other events where humanity has fucked up and it leads to immense suffering for little to no gain

"¡Aliens hell no!"

Should that be said, or read in a Spanish-speaking person's accent?

Like, when I read stuff I get this basic, English reading shit because most of what I read is in English but then there's stuff that makes me wonder if it should be read like someone with a certain accent is saying it.

tl;dr the way you formatted that makes me think of a mexican fat guy going all like "¡Aliens hell no!" at an alien invasion, and a joke about hopping fences or unlawful crossing of borders come to mind...

Go full pessimism mode.

"Whatever you do, humanity will never achieve greatness because you are insignificant" blah blah that kind of crap.

IE. "Humanity, oh no?"

The Emperor is the only thing keeping Chaos away. His death would allow Chaos to devour reality. Unless other factions either weaken/destroy the Chaos Gods or humanity is mostly killed off by the time of his death.
I'd say that the Emperor keeping himself alive to preserve humanity, and the galaxy as a whole, just to get another chance of fixing the problems is pretty HFY

rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm
Pretty much this or any of his other books.

"Humanity! Fuck you!"

Drop the bomb.

Humanity fuck nah

Warhammer 40k.

And still up end up being better than everyone/leaders of the species because "muh human speshulness"

I can't be the only one that gets a kick out of Humanity being "Shitty Space Nigeria" in a space opera, am I?

Hear me out about this; Humanity steps into the stars and finds them crowded, already well-mapped and traversed by alien civilizations that have known the hyperdrive as long as we've known the wheel. Still, space is vast, so we manage to etch out our stellar neighborhood as territory. As soon as we come on the radar as a regional power, greater minds fall upon ours in the hopes to extract whatever droplets of wealth and intelligence our race has to offer.

Our region become a hotbed of proxy wars and xeno-funded strife that encourage our better minds to immigrate elsewhere, leading to a brain drain that leaves us even more vulnerable to strife and exploitation. Humanity is still powerful, but we are forever kept from our true potential, little more than curiosities and mercenaries, Humanity becoming a byword for idle curiosity and barbarism sustained by the same privileged masses that sniff their breathing appendages our way.

Alternatively, a setting where humans are just yet another oldfag race that had its chance in the sun, and fucked up just as greatly - if not more so - than everyone else before them They are neither the new shit, nor anything special. They are not the designated protagonists, except in their own minds.

right, can that in a way be considered HFY by itself?

A setting where humans have mostly fucked off could be interesting. They didn't quite fail, but they just realized that colonizing and conquering is a lot of work. So now they live in their corner of the universe with enough doomsday machines for protection and sit around writing poetry all day or something.

>a setting where humans are just yet another oldfag race that had its chance in the sun, and fucked up just as greatly - if not more so - than everyone else before them They are neither the new shit, nor anything special. They are not the designated protagonists, except in their own minds.

In Stellaris we would call that a "Fallen Empire."

Unimaginably powerful, intelligent, decadent, and completely stagnant. They reached for greatness, held it, and decided there was more to life than power, deciding to recede into their core worlds and spend the rest of existence in hedonism and decadence.

WE WUZ EMPRAHS

THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

>humans are interstellar NEETs that will REEEE loud enough to fuck up half the galaxy if disturbed

would play/10

See I believe the term Paradox used to describe the Fallen Empire is "Imperial Space China."

Their borders are protected by ancient, self-replicating automatons and their worlds are verdant paradises artificially maintained for optimal living. Their technology is indistinguishable from magic, and the average Human enjoys a lifespan that is theoretically longer than some stars (assuming the Human does not simply upload themselves into a digital consciousness and move to a Dyson sphere.)

Most likely, yeah. If other species have an advantage when it comes to experience, knoweledge and/or physical attributes and humans end up better than all of them anyways, the setting is probably HFY

You mean like Star Trek, where humanity is the top dog in the most advanced nation in this part of the galaxy, regularly stares down godlike superbeings, and is able to go toe to toe with other species best warships using science ships?

To be fair, the Dominion is the imperialist counterpart to the Federation and it's implied quite often that a full-on war between the two would see the Alpha Quadrant burn.

The entirety of Deep Space 9 was between the Klingon Empire, the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation against a single Dominion fleet and their Cardassian lackeys (and the Breen, but fuck those fridgeheads.)

??
40k is an edgy setting

> against a single Dominion fleet
Because the rest of the Dominion's fleet got squished by a group of the aforementioned godlike superbeings, because a human told them to.

You mean the media that was, and always has been, vastly in favour of human virtues and perspectives, and which only seemed to be down on humanity because of a handful of outliers that threatened your fragile ego?

I was thinking that they'd live more like ancient Greek philosophers. Some hedonists, possibly, but mostly sitting around trying to answer fundamental questions about beauty, love, and life.

Could be an interesting story when the protagonists wind up accidentally crashing into a human ship, and the humans put them on trial to see if they're morally mature enough to leave without being educated. Especially if the humans view moral education as a process that takes thousands of years and the protagonists have shit to do.

>Science ships

The Enterprise is officially an exploration ship, but it's packed full of enough firepower to act as a warship with ease.

Media that itself was a reaction against media that keep sucking human dick. Its a never ending circle of wankery. Beautiful

Shit I meant cycle. Goddamit

>Some hedonists, possibly, but mostly sitting around trying to answer fundamental questions about beauty, love, and life.

The point of a fallen empire and all the tarnished glory that implies is they've *found* the answers to those fundamental questions, there simply aren't any more questions to ask.

And if there were, the answers are either too horrific or too mundane to deserve the effort in pursuing them. We're talking about a civilization so powerful they have effectively found the path to godhood, but found the journey would shackle them to rules that would deny them fundamental vices they've grown to consider an inextricable part of their nature.

What's the point in answering "what is beauty" when you can boot up a 100% realistic simulation of paradise, or with a thought generate the perfect food in a room digitized to look like a pleasant restaurant in whatever time period you fancy? They've spent thousands of years looking for answers, now they've got time to simply sit back and bask in the fruits of their forefathers.

The Federation is full of shit, their Miranda-class is designed to "launch probes" but it's extremely easy to modify it into a photon torpedo bay.

>We're talking about a civilization so powerful they have effectively found the path to godhood, but found the journey would shackle them to rules that would deny them fundamental vices they've grown to consider an inextricable part of their nature.

This doesn't need to be true, though. It's possible that they found the path to enlightenment, and are simply attempting to walk along it. They're not really fallen or tarnished, merely withdrawn. They have no need to find material wealth or galactic power because those things are distraction from something greater.

As a result, their great monuments are gone, their opulence removed, their power decayed. What remains is a small group of beings in the quiet pursuit of the ultimate good.

Of course, at that point, it sort of cases to be the opposite of HFY and becomes HFY, just of a different flavor.

Except it really isn't. If you ever looked outside the narrow genres of fantasy and sci-fi, you would find a whole world of literature covering every aspect of the human condition. 99% of all literature has human main characters, praises human virtue and denigrates human vice in equal measure.

By extension, 99% of all fantasy/sci-fi fiction is rooted in human perspectives, and lionises humanity largely without thinking. For every Avatar, there are a million novels about heroic human space marines shooting evil alien monsters; a million stories where Us and Them are trotted out once again, to do the same tired dance as always. HFY is not breaking new ground. It's spouting the same trite and lazy bullshit as ever, only now with an extra dash of hostility and xenophobia to boot.

My favorite media are where humans are equals. Sure there's some races with higher tech levels and some with lower. But generally speaking, everyone is kind of on the same page.

Like Babylon 5, minus the fact that humans were the ones who end up ascending.

I really can't think of any other examples.

Realism

Humans would be just another race in the setting. They are not destined for greatness. They dont have an "inherent spark" that makes them better than everyone. They are not destined to rule. They are not special.

And that's okay, really. They have their own culture, their own virutes and vices, and their own advantages and disadvantages when compared to every other race. Sometimes they lose, sometimes they win, but they do so not because some half assed plot armor, but because they have the skill and resources to do so. Just like everyone else

Humanity, Cuck yeah!

But user, I was talking about the narrow genres of fantasy and sci-fi. Im not thinking about, say, otelo when it comes to HFY threads on tg.
And I actually agree with you, that's what I meant with the whole cycle of wankery thing.

"Ow, the edge"

Should that be said, or read in a Spanish-speaking person's accent?

Sure if you want. The rest of your post makes me wonder if you're high.

I think Halo's the best example of both. As HFY, the first 3 show mankind to be vastly outclassed, outgunned, and outmanned by basically every other species, but through the badassery and sheer will of a few heroes the whole species beats out all the other fuckers.

On the flip side, Halo 4 and all the Prometheans stuff makes humanity a bunch of shits. Chief is no longer a hero, just a pawn that took a really, really long time to get on the board. And as for Ancient Humans, we were a bunch of tribalist asshats that literally got blasted into the Stone Age, and acted like faggots the entire way there. Not HFY.

Humans are just lumps of biomass in a cold and uncaring universe.

Humanity as rats in the walls scenario.
We live among civilizations so ancient and powerful that to them we are just vermin, hiding and scavenging their left overs.

Gregory Benford in Galactic Centre described this well.

Chaos keeps the Emperor alive. The Imperium is the Ruinous' Powers buffet, entertainment, and sex box.

Why would they want to destroy the Materium?

Who cares?

Navel gazing is dumb

For me, Halo lost A LOT of it's HFY factor when the origins and intended use of Spartans was revealed. There was nothing "Fuck Yeah" about that.

Sure smells like fucking HERESY in here.

Cyberpunk. Think about it; in most cyberpunk humans suck. They are venal, materialistic, and corrupt. Even the "heros" tend to by cynical and unprincipled. Finally, technology matters more than humanity, and even seems to strip humanity away from society and individuals.

"Ayys aww shit!"

>Humanity, fuck NO

DEAR SIR, I am part of the hereditary ruling class of Earth. Sadly, due to political upheaval, I have been forced to flee my homeworld without most of my funds. Furthermore, I have been unable to establish credentials with a bank on your world to effect the transfer of these funds, totalling GalCred~60,000,000.00. If you would provide me with access to your banking codes I could effect the transfer of these fund and would be most happy to allow you to retain ten percent of their value in exchange for your trouble. These funds are rightfully mine under intergalactic law, but hostile forces on my homeworld may seize them if I do not act soon. Please reply with haste.

Your Frined,

Otombo, Prince of the Earth.

Because it's their nature to over do shit.

>all these 40k replies

Cosmic Horror is the opposite. Stressing human limitation, ignorance and inconsequentiality in an, at best, uncaring universe, and at worst, malicious universe of bizarre alien intent.

Lovecraft is anti-HFY.

>b-but dunwich horror!

An old man and his colleagues banished the half-breed mutant spawn of an alien monster and inbreeding wizard and saved some shitty, already creepy backwater town. Big whoop. Keep your Derleth out of this, muh space and time god! Cosmic horror stresses human ignorance, anything we call the alien gods is just that - name we invented and nothing more.

>b-but cthulhu hit by a boat!

What has risen my sink, and what has sunk may rise. The story acknowledges that this was a very minor event and a mere glimpse of the truth. If those stars really were right, you think a steamer ship would have stopped what is supposedly a world-ending event? A brave man blundered luckily through a cosmic brainfart that destroyed his life completely and killed his fellow crew members.

Maybe Peter Watts' Blindsight/Echopraxia/Firefly?

The skies are filled with advanced alien civs, but humans are the only race with consciousness. Everyone else was playing an enormous super-rational acausal trade game across the light years, then humans turned up and simply by transmitting entertainment into space are now the greatest threat to galactic peace in the last billion years (by virtue of introducing a player that is not super-rational), and every dyson sphere from here to the next spiral arm is lining up to disect humanity to understand how evolution went so wrong, 'fix' them (by forcibly merging them into an overmind that thinks the same way everyone else does), sterilise the entire solar system, or something in between.

With humanity's greatest and most heroic attempts to stop them being about as effective as trying to deter the gang full of people with baseball bats about to break every bone in your body by slapping one of them.

FOR FUCKS SAKE TIME TO GET RID OF THIS OP TITLE

HFY isn't a thing. At least, not anything that would have an opposite.

It's just this dumb America Fuck Yeah ripoff that lost it's humor about ten seconds before it was even conceived.

Just let it die, and stop pretending it's anything other than a collection of really poorly written stories alongside an acronym that idiots toss around to label anything that makes them feel like they're not complete failures because they can bask in fictional glories of their species.

Basically this. HFY is basically America Fuck Yea in space. All i see is modern american military in space beating aliens because "special" with the same old shit cliche's used over and over again.

HFY would have been interesting if Humans were given an actual futuristic culture with their own unique technology and clothings and basically go into detail of what makes humanity different from other species in the galaxy. But nope. It is just modern humans in space beating aliens and blah blah blah.

And don't even get me started with the whole "humans are adaptable" bullshit. I said this in a pervious thread and I will say it again. If we are so adaptable then how the fuck, in the future, we haven't used genetic engineering to advance that shit to the point we can grow gills and bread underwater or shapeshift to a certain extent?

Nope it's not even that shit, its modern humans in space taking on aliens cuz MUH SPECIALNIZE

>If we are so adaptable then how the fuck, in the future, we haven't used genetic engineering to advance that shit to the point we can grow gills and bread underwater or shapeshift to a certain extent?

are you still human if you replace all the human bits?

Fantasy.
>one family rules a nation for a thousand years
>literally at the same level of technology and social progress they were a thousand years ago
>nobility is held in esteem and usually the only ones capable of any action, everyone revolves their lives around them (look at game of thrones) when we know its just blood
>fight to the death to resist any change even when it might be for the better

Yes. Also isn't it natural for an intelligent species to evolve through their intelligence and technology? In fact it is completely illogical for an spacefaring species to not evolve. Bettering oneself is only natural.

The problem with HFY and some sci-fi in general is that its always modern humans in space. By the time humanity reaches space the culture should be vastly different from modern times. Like how modern culture is different from medieval culture.

Like every other situation, it depends on whether or not the majority considers you human.

Beasts chastity no?

Cosmic Horror.

the correct answer:

Call of Cthulhu, White Guilt, and Hippie Naturalism.

>humans are scum who are naturally fearful and can be devoured easily
>i'm sorry i was born me
>let's just go back to nature and relax a lot

HFY is crack cocaine or meth
non-humanism is weed or opium

"Yeah! Fuck humanity!"

Well memed friend

There's a few options. A fictional setting where humans are a subjugated species, where this is accepted as the status quo and our overlords are actually competent at controlling our species for everyone's benefit. A fictional setting where aliens appear and colonize the uninhabited regions of our star system but refuse all contact with us and we end up as a tiny, 'land-locked' world where all the resources that we would use to become a galactic power are being used by somebody else. The gist is humans must be weak and have no drive or ability to change the state of affairs.

>What is the opposite of "Humanity fuck yeah!"?
Misanthropy

>Europa turns out to be a normal life-bearing planet/moon thing
>the reason we can't find intelligent life is because basically all of it is locked beneath ice
>eventually find one of those worlds and send a cheap drone sub to find resources
>the locals realize there is something beyond the ceiling
>over hundreds of years they forge a space program and go in search of us to express their thanks for the busted up probe we sent
>they uplift a bunch of other guys they find on the quest
>they feverishly over-analyze the probe to /tv/ levels trying to understand who gave them all this
>can't find Earth because they don't understand aliens can evolve outside ice worlds
Basically I want to write a story where humanity is the mysterious advanced race that changed everything, but still have us act, well, human. I don't know where I would go after that point but since I normally do comedy there would be MISUNDERSTANDINGS once we finally meet.

Humanity Fuck No?

Humanity; fuck? Yeah!

>all aliens are 100% better then humans and we suck!!1!!

>Orkz
Dem Orkz wuz gud Boyz, dey dindu nuffin!

"Yeah, fuck humanity!"

The Bible.

Humanity is in a bad way, and it's all our fault. Some will come to their senses and realign themselves with the narrow path of righteousness, justice, faith, hope and love.
Most won't.

>tfw you can only communicate through memes

Humanity? Fuck off.

Inhumanity what ho!

"Humans are dicks."

Xeno heeeeell naw.

What you mean in like the first book? The Spartan II's were always extremely shady, there was no reveal it was a constant fact in the lore.

Humans are barely in the story at all.

Also them not having auras can sometimes be advantageous, because it makes them immune to beings that attack auras.

Greenpeace and other tree hugging groups who feel humanity is a blight upon the universe.

Lovecraft, in both a narrative and meta sense.

Grimdark.

Humans as space gypsies would be fun as shit.

Wasn't that the plot of Titan AE?

I love Humanity fuck yeah, for some reason, all these really really angry and salty babies tear into the threads

>WAAAAAAH THIS IS SO STUPID
>HURRRR HUMANS SUCK
>FUCK YOUR FANFICTION

I've never been able to fathom why?

Because it's stupid fanfiction.

1."Yeah! Fuck Humanity!" Stories were humans are small and forgettable, or just openly shit on.
Like War of the Worlds were the aliens all die because they get the flu. Avatar is good example of why this is dumb.

2. Its probably HFY, because it more view on the story telling.
A story were humans are the top dogs and rape the shit out of all the hippy aliens armies is HFY.
A story were humans are driven into hiding and become guerillas fighting in the shadows, forever defiant is HFY.
A story were humans kill the earth, and work ourselves to extinction making cool and useless shit can be HFY, because we lived like gods for the meaningless blink of time we existed.

You could try to be subtle about it and make something alike Tolkiens work.
>good gods vs evil gods
>constant fights between them and their races
>humans show up, nobody knows what to do with them
>some fight for the good races, but way more for the evil gods
>good and evil forces exhaust each other, more and more of them die or piss off
>good forces start to win, but their once glorious cities crumble, their works and deeds only legends
>humans take their lands, but everything they build is nothing but a shallow copy
>they then fight each other or whatever is left of the past
>when everyone else except humans has left, they think themselves winner, but from here on it's a bleak future, the divine spark and the glorious past is gone forever