/bbg/ - Blood Bowl General - "just concede" Edition

Conceding a game is a valid strategy in the game and will get into our ruleset soon(tm)!

Rookies probably will finish their round this week, secret league starting when they're done

plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10393

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/help:snakemenT
imgur.com/a/AvLT9
fumbbl.com/help:Tournament Structure
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for salt

Second for banning from league

Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

Rolling my foul

Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

In loving memory of our dear departed ayylol3,

Fix this team.

fumbbl.com/help:snakemenT

You can't get rid of the Mesmer portrait

Were they the same person?

Lol3 was an inactive account for 3 or 4 years before the last month or so. Check his teams, most of them haven't played a match in that long.

I don't really know or care and it doesn't matter.

Runners get AG4, Mesmers and Snakemen get MA6. +10k for Mesmers, no increase for Runners or Snakemen.

basically

pros and cons of nurgle?

pretty fucking trash early on, they can't afford all their players, or all their rerolls, have no essential skills like block, surehands or dodge

pros is they are probably the best bash team at high tv, just getting there is torture

forgot to mention they're good vs agi teams with disturbing presence and m access for tentacles

dead

Give me the details lads, what's occured?

Storm in a teacup.
See end of last thread.

You're not wrong.

What happened to just wanting to play six games of Blood Bowl, eh.

>What happened to just wanting to play six games of Blood Bowl, eh.

See

lol3 pulled of an ayylmao, only with slightly less salt and far more rig

>can't do anything about lol3 except kick him out the group as he has no games left

>already explained why I can't punish Tooby for not scoring a TD through the framework of the FUMBBL website or the java client, other than making up some arbitrary rule mid-season and dropping him from the playoffs or something

>League IV has moved along at a similar pace to the leagues previous, just a maybe more dedicated Vets have finished very quickly to be fair though neither of them two who asked for the 2 days extra have actually PM'd me yet

If these are your idea of some form a crisis I suggest you go for a long walk in the countryside

>not checking new members twice before letting them crash the league
>not creating a rule against the rigs
>not forcing rookies to finish on sunday preventing more rig before playoffs

shiggidy diggidy

You should watch your league more
this was probably only the beginning t b h

This.

Thank you based Mauled.

Bad things, y'know. lol3 decided to "meme up the league" by giving out free SPP as he conceded on Turn 16. I wonder if it would be possible to rewind/replay the game with the help if Admins since it was a concede on purpose (isn't there something against it in the rules?).

No chance on a rewind to turn 15 or whatever.

I know admins can suspend teams and release them from games (say you get to turn 2 then your opponent never returns for days), but actually deleting games and resetting teams might be outside their effort. Besides, I don't think lol3 would exactly come back and turn in a sterling performance.

Let someone else play some kind of token team then. Rare Pepes wasn't mire than a token team too. But in the end we could always try to contact Admins. Doing nothing kinda invites more shitheads for season5 to do the same because "lol memes".

There's bad apples everywhere, things aren't going to progresively get dramatically worse, stop being so dramatic.

We had a pretty rough season this time with all the dropouts/replacements/token teams and now this stuff happened. I'm not that dramatic, but comparing season IV to all other seasons we had the highest dropout rate so far with the highest impact yet (Turn 16 concede after letting the opponent farm some SPP first). Sure, this could be a phase, but if this continues to rise, which is likely with the rate we're growing currently, it will more likely get progressively worse.

The season's over though, so there's no need to replace the team. I've made the admins aware, so anything else is in their hands. He won't be back though.

Like says, I think the vast majority of you are decent and just want to play some Blood Bowl. The odd rampaging autist won't stop that.

You do seem to get it when Veeky Forums makes a community though, like in the football Cup we had some mug take on 17 personalities and managing a dozen teams. I think he had delusions of being some Machiavellian overlord when actually he was a sad bastard spending waay too much time on a simulated meme football game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can only think of this one with AyyLmao/lol3, and the one right at the start of the season in Rookies where the kid signed up then disappeared, and he was replaced instantly.

We've only had 2 dumbass dropouts who are never coming back and 1 MIA dropout at the very start of the season.

If this is rough for you then you must be a very delicate snowflake.

>someone dropped mid season again
>his replaced dropped too but not before rigging his match
>people signing up and go MIA which might result in token teams anytime

Also, wasn't the Amazon team in Vets a token team too?

>this isn't bad at all, it's a healthy enviroment!
Yea, no. You can't sell me that rotten fish as a quality bait guys.

but why am I arguing here, we all already know things won't change even if the playoffs would be rigged to the extreme and one of the finalist would concede just for the memes

Bad apples happen, you can't prevent things like this on an open internet league. As long as it gets dealt with quickly it's fine, and Mauled has been doing a good job so far.

If these are issues for you, then maybe you shouldn't be playing on an open internet league, and instead make your own private league for you and your friends.

this.

either you are for a closed league or you ignore this happens.

>yfw lol3 was ayy all along
Also
>yfw Obama Has been illegally building a federal registry of guns and gun owners

Conceding with no good reason is against the fumbbl rules.

see

>we had some mug take on 17 personalities and managing a dozen teams.

You don't need to go around bragging, Mauled, we all remember the story.

Because we're all you, after all.

savage

take your leddit eceleb bollocks and fuck off with it
how does jimmy's dick taste btw

Zons were a token team of a regular coach, who had a team in the rookies too.

Dropouts weren't the only reason this season has been shit.

This Sunday at 20.00, tune in as Apes and Rats fight for the top spot in vets.
Will Monkey Business Inc. be able to keep their undefeated streak?
How fast can Sanic and firenz can really go?
Who will make the it to the top?

Friendly reminder that 2nd place in vets is harder than 1st place in rookies. Seeding did nothing wrong.

IIRC the zons were more to make sure we had an even number of people in both leagues.

Correct

Kek, was that the team someone conceded to him so he wouldn't lose his win streak?

Friendly reminder that if you want to go to the playoffs you should be playing Vet teams.

Friendly reminder vets need a reward.

Join sekrit league you lazy fucks

Greebo-games.com is having a sale, from 25% off his new stuff to €20+p&p for some of his early teams.

But how much to buy a playoff spot Tripfag?

explain necro to a new player, how are they different from undead in the way they play

Werewolves are better than Ghouls.

Less bashy and faster, wwolves are among the best pieces in the game period and mean that you can actually be fast without having to rely on ghouls not falling off the bike. Goyms are not as amazing as mummies.

Instead of having 2 big guys you have 2 MA 8 claw frenzy players and 2 ST4 players

It's like comparing dorfs to humans almost

its nice stuff tho word is the rolljordan teams they cast are worse than the what rolljordan produces these days (revamped molds). Their new asian stuff looks quite nice tho.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

gfi

Ded.

>mfw some retard tries to talk down to me when I tell him ghouls are a shit and so is A access.

m-muh dodge

*tackles you* heh... nothing personnel... kid...

A access is pretty shit.

Dodge, Leap...

Uhhh...

Hmm...

Pretty much

>a access is great why are gutters and elves so good

because they have 4 ag and if you don't have 4 ag the only good ag skills are dodge, side step, and diving tackle and ghouls start with dodge

not to mention
>muh av7
but retard couldn't understand how you wouldn't want spp on an av7 with shit access over a wight or the faggots who act like they are above pomb

If I'm undead I'll make one Wight a pomb player. The other is gonna be the setup guy with guard and tackle because I can only blitz once a turn.

What if your pomber dies?
I'd take guard on one by not till like the 3rd skill. Id want one tackle, MB, PO, Frenzy and the other Tackle, MB, guard

That means you waiting very long to get Guard. The normal way to do it is to go Guard>Tackle>MB one one wight and MB>PO>Tackle/Guard on the other.

You can't protect both wights in a standard defense though. Typically you protect the 2 mummies 2 ghouls and 1 wight so it's good to be redundant because also no apo and you really need tackle because who else can get it? No apo also means your tackle mb wight can get killed so its important to have 2. Either way if I get doubles or a stat up he is going to be the guarder because I'd rather one who isn't special ends up on the turf.

Besides, undead have 2 mummies who are st5 and get guard

Ghouls will very often take tackle on the second skill, assuming you already have one with Sure Hands.

yea but then he needs at least 16 spp, only gets MB on dubs, and is av7 no regen. And you still want 2-4 tackle anyway

Why doesn't toobert just use one of these defenses (not necessarily these personnel groups)

Each defense has 1-3 spots for the kick zombie

Which teams have unique Rule of 5 defenses?

Pic kinda related? I think only undead, pact, khemri, and maybe ogres can pull shit shit off

imgur.com/a/AvLT9

9 and 11 are 100% protected
(as long as enemy blitzer isn't:
MA8 or
MA7 and willing to make GFI or move through tackle zone or
MA6 and willing to make 1 GFI and move tackle zone or make 2 GFIs
etc)

I mean then you are making a 1 die block or hanging your sweet +stat player (because the only player without a +stat who can make it there and is 4st is a bull centaur) out to dry and to be hit by the mummy and gang fouled

dead

That third one is awful. The werewolf could be easily blitzed after los blocks. For both the first and third ones, if the attacker picks a side you'll never get the golem on the other side into the game

second setup is good, that works for most races too

>The normal way
>MB>PO

If you're taking mighty blow, you normally take tackle. It's too good versus too many threats, and until you have it, elves will run all over you.

It's a stupid argument because Ghouls are an integral part of the gameplan for necros and undead. Did you post that here before, I seem to recall someone with a bee up their arse about ghouls.

The only reason there is an issue with ghouls is no regen. they always get fucked and let the team down. but that's just the way it is, you need them regardless.

The ghouls are necessary, but that doesn't change the fact they are shit. You often want as few as you can get away with, both on the field and in the team. Sadly you usually do need 3.

Because I improvise my setups every game.

Yea, 3 is a fucking weird one because a wolf will be eating a blitz. But 1 was the protect sideline to sideline vs a dak elf team and it does get a lot of tzs on the board and the fleshy is a bit hard to remove

If you can't protect a ghoul he will be removed off the pitch and my biggest argument was that a 7337 piece with GA access was inferior to a 6338 piece with gs access when it came to feeding someone spp

Ie ghouls need 6 spp to be effective and after 16 spp their singles aren't as good. And in both cases (block sure hands or block tacke) you aren't taking A skills until 31 spp at the earliest.

Where as wights have 4 great skills on singles, tackle, mb, guard, po

If people still don't get that A access has the most useless shit, just remind them it is the lone access stunty players get.

dodge is one of the best skills in the game... stunties start with dodge... Side step is really good but less so on a str2 player. After those two the skills suck

Exactly my point.

general>strength>mutation>agility>passing

Mutation is stronger than S on some players though, like Gutter Runners.

Diving tackle is really the only other good A skill. And you can really see this by the fact most stunted go side step diving tackle as their skills

Where as with strength you have 3 great skills, guard, mb, and po. And then things like grab and break tackle are pretty decent and juggernaut and stand firm aren't bad at all

A you have 2 passing related skills, a skill you need to be on the ground to use, a skill that is a 3+ on ag4. And 2 skills that help with gfis

Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

foul

Rolled 1 (1d6)

bribe

How did the tiebreakers work in Veeky Forums league? Asking for a friend.

fuc

TD difference + Cas Difference, aka play bash or fuck you.

Or git gudder at killing people scrub

Which is annoying because this is what it says on fumbbl.com/help:Tournament Structure

>In case of ties, teams are ordered by Touchdown difference+Casualty difference/2 (descending), followed by Raw Touchdowns+Casualties/2.

It's bullshit that it doesn't work that way in practice.

>scheduled for 08-06-2016 18:00 server time

Where is my game you guys

but bash is way harder to play and needs rewards for causing CAS on AV7 which is really really hard

just like how vets 2nd place is way harder than rookies 1st place

its on

shoulda done other shit first