Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Top Men Edition
Inferno on the Horizon Sub-Edition
There might have been a little too much IW posting and memes in the beginning of the last thread. The timeline of the Heresy and daemons being allies for other legions was discussed, another Dorn vs Pert debate happened, people really ought to not fall for the 2 BaC boxes is all you need meme, Fulgrim could have made a killing by chopping off his feet and selling them to foot fetishists and regrowing them back to repeat, Anons talked about what they've done recently and that lead to discussion on Ordo Reductor and Ordinatii plus much more in the last thread ed Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dude,_Where's_my_Land_Speeder?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dude,_Where's_my_Land_Speeder?

Say, I'd like to do a IW-WE combined force in order to give the WE Furious Assault due to Perturabo's special rule...but he also allows mass termie deepstrike (IW only).

A good list must bring:
Anti AV15
Anti Hordes
Anti TEQ
Anti Air
Scoring units
And Footslogging is bad

Are Inductii overkill, especially when FA chainaxe Assault squads can deepstrike, move fast and S6 wounds T4 the same as S7?
Sure, punching like an autocannon may be nice against vehicles, but I thought IW didn't lack for anti tank solutions.

Any ideas on how to cover those bases I mentioned...or am I even right to assume those are the bases I need to cover?

a points limit would be nice
Also Inductii that special WE char so that may not be worth it

I was thinking about 3k
>Also Inductii that special WE char so that may not be worth it
What do you mean by this?

>Anti AV15
just how often do you fight warlord user?

If you're going for 3k you'll probably want something to deal with primarchs as well.

inductii need that special WE character
And he is a support HQ
And you can't do shattered Legions since you have a Primarch so you will need an allied detachment or secondary force org

Well, I made those bulletpoints back when Flare shielded AC Spartans didn't cost 370 pts, so facing one was expected.
Maybe I can lessen it to "Deal with AC AV14" instead.
How about Perturabo himself? He'll be S8 AP2 at I5 on the enemy's deployment zone
You mean Medicae Primus Surlak? I see. I mistook Inductii as being available to regular WE apothecaries.

Exhortation of butchery is, but the inductii is Surlak only, saddly.

I'm throwing some crap together in battle scribe. It might be good but will probably be trash with min troops and then rest is Pert and Beep Boops =\

>min troops and then rest is Pert and Beep Boops =\
Reminds me of my 7k Perty and the Beep Boops list.

>I'm throwing some crap together in battle scribe
It's a pain in the ass to look up into three books at once, kek.
Also, I was thinking Perturabo would deepstrike with his Tyrants rather than footslogging with his boops.
Teleport in, Perty uses his Cognis, drops a TL BS7 Ordnance D3 S9 orbital strike on his target (courtesy of the Tyrant's Omniscope) while the rest of the unit uses BS5 to double shoot anything nearby.

I don't know, it could work.

I'm still working on what the WE could offer me, besides maybe Crimson Path Butchers. Sadly, Dreadclaws are no longer DTs to terminator-equipped units.

Or that 130 Deathshroud list.

btw nice 6789

Would say with melta, but I'm sure the thing is immune to all possible rules and probably has a super flare shield and AV14 void shields.

I was wondering about something. Did LWs/SoHs who got promoted into 1st Company choose whether or not they were going to become a Justaerin or Reaver, flipped a coin, or did Abby and or the 1st Captain before him have certain requirements for Justaerin recruits?

>130 Deathshroud list

And here I am thinking I've gone a bit overboard with 20 terminators...

Heh, no its just av15 with 8 or 10 normal void shields i think? ground stuff can only hit it on a 6 in melee i think

It has Armoured Ceramite, immunity to Haywire (and non-witchfire attacks), can only be hit on a 5+ by superheavy walkers...and a 5++ to protect its 30 AV15 hull points after you collapsed its 6 Void shields.
EZ
Not to mention 30 Grave Wardens :^)

>not being able to take 30 HP off an av 15 walker with 6 shields
pff what are you, a casual ?

This is a Shit idea:

Onslaught Detachment
Perty :: ROW Primarchs Chosen
Termi Command Squad
Chain Fists

Termies
10 man
Chain Fists
Serg has Thunder Hammer

Termies
10 man
Chain Fists
Serg has Thunder Hammer

Tyrant Siege Termies
10 man
Chain Fists

Deredeo
Lascannons
Atomanic Pavaise

Fire Raptor
Hellfire Missiles
Shrapnel Bolts

Fire Raptor
Hellfire Missiles
Shrapnel Bolts

Is like 2935

>Onslaught Detachment
>Perty :: ROW Primarchs Chosen
I thought you could only use RoWs with the regular detachment.
Looks damn nice, though.

you are correct, they can't unless mission says so.

so it's a very bad idea then :^)

Does anyone have the link to the Abaddon leaving the heresy era stuff story?

Nigga plz ->

Did the whole chainaxe thing ever get resolved? It looks like the wording remained the same, but in book 6 Blood Angels had a similar thing except not free (expensive enough that I assume they aren't first paying for the original weapon they need to have access to).

I don't know, but now that Assault marines are cheap enough nobody cares.
WE WUZ FREE

Nigga, don't.

/HHG/, have you had any "Not as Planned" moment on the tabletop? One such mishap that foiled your entire battle plan?

>Me and IH friend recreatin dropsite massacre
>Ferrus kills Fulgrim in the duel

Was he already wounded or something?

>tfw I just noticed the WEs colours in the OP are wrong and my autism will never be the same again

I play WEs and I never took free chainaxes with bolters because it seems scummy as fuck.

What kind of failure World Eater doesn't take massed CCW/bolt pistol infantry anyway?

Think that's bad? You should see the original /hhg/ image.

What's so bad about that? The only real fuck up is the White Scar.

That's what I mean. It looks like the Alpha Legionaries sneaking around in the loyalist side tried applying AL colors to him, and he almost looks like he's trying to worship Malal with that black and white.

Why is the new OP such a shitty quality image?

How long until GW sticks its large nose too far into HH and ruins it?

They've already begun.

I honestly don't remember why. I have an idea for a new OP image but maybe it's better if we stick with what we have.
So far they seem to not doing that.

That is well. Do they at least come with a semi-erotic UM calendar? That's the only way to justify that price.

There's no reason to buy these unless you like monopose and Fist+MM or Fist+Kheres.

And no calendar? Now that's a disappointment. They already have mugs so why not calendars? I feel like I'm going to regret posting this mug more than I would Fulgrim's ugly mug.

DAT bundle incentive

So I guess everyone's just talking about the new Deathwatch stuff, huh?

Okay.

It just made me more impatient for the custodes release honestly

AV 15 also means AV 14 with flare shields. So pretty much anti-AV 15 means some strength 10 non-blast weapons or some lance weapons.

Only a select few are still try to argue it's not free.
Point 1) They've printed it 4 times in as many years and never felt the need to change the wording.
Point 2) Every similar example (e.g. Death Guard replacing Power Fists for Power Scythes, which was first printed in the same book as the World Eater rules, and in fact both were in the first book ever) makes it explicitly clear that a points cost is intended, if it is.
Point 3) They've never attempted to clarify the rule in an FAQ

Clearly, FW thinks it's clear, so due to point (1) and (3), whatever the answer is is both RAI as well as RAW. Since (2) clearly implies that there's no cost, that makes the RAW answer (and by extension the RAI answer) that they pay no additional points cost beyond what's listed in the rule (i.e. nothing), consistent with all such similar rules.

The replacements for the fucked up headhunter bolters FW sent me got here today.....

kek. KEK

Not terribly impressive...

No one ever used the updated sticky. Maybe it was a dead thread at the time.

Until the 1st OP returns to us then we shall be blessed with updates.

....They look the same as the other ones?

Looks like the Meme legion is being shafted almost as hard as the IW now. First Headhunters are worthless, and now their sprue is warped majorly.

For comparison, these are the original ones i complained to them about

I'm wondering, is it just the bolters they sent back to you, or the entire thing, heads and all?

You mean this one?

They only sent me replacement bolters

so now I have 10 headhunters without guns and 20 worthless guns

Those guns are seriously fucked up. Not even pretending them to be IW property would explain their condition.

That sucks, user. A real shame, it is.

>Not even pretending them to be IW property would explain their condition.
That's not nice user, I happen to make sure my bolters are in better shape than my men! After all, we can always just send more corpses to the grinder.

They're not worthless except for the second one on each sprue, imo (looks like the whole thing is warped?). The rest need an awful lot of cleanup, though.

Back when FW was just starting out, it was tolerable. I used to make model airplanes and if you wanted a rare subject, you turned to resin garage kits. Expensive due to the low volume, but crude and requiring hours more of work. FW should be way beyond that now.

Pic not related.

I could salvage 10 out of the 20 if I really wanted to, but that isnt acceptable for how much I paid for this shit

I miss when Daemon Prince didnt just mean Giant Devil/Nurgly Monster

what are some forge world kits that don't get fucked up and don't require a lot of craftsmanship to build.

t. BAC babby

No. 'He who updates', had a mr krabb robot for mechanicum and a black shield/ marauder.
He was planning on dropping an S.O.S when prospero happened.

>I happen to make sure my bolters are in better shape than my men!
You must be always resourceful, comrade.
Standard issue means we are riflemen
When bolter part malfunctions, we are lancers
When bayonette coupling breaks, we are knife fighters
When knife breaks, we are pugilists
When gauntlets break, we are luchadores
When limbs break, we are heroes!

none

Whichever ones don't require a lot of craftmanship to build.

Tell me of your legion, child.

Beautiful.

Now I want to model some battle-worn IW fighting with bayonet knives and bolt pistlols. I am unhappy that the Phobos bolters only come with four knives and six chainblades. Is of much annoyance and triggers my autism.Also want to do a dual power fist guy, but iirc, that isn't legal.

thinking about doing Iron Hands, or any other legion that would look good with MKII/MKIII stuff.

>Exhortation of Butchery
>Induction
>Surlak

Okay, I haven't been following Horus Heresy nest for a while now, so I guess I'm out of the loop.

Do World Eaters have new toys?
Anyone care to give me the tl:dr, or let me know where to look?

>I am unhappy that the Phobos bolters only come with four knives and six chainblades
That is because you are of using inferior Phobos pattern.
Tigrus pattern is fine.
Was always fine.
Will always be fine.
Now pour vodka into the receptacle.

>Iron Hands or any legion that would look good in MkII/IMkII stuff.

For MkIII I'd go with IH, DG, or IF.
For MkII I'd go with IW because that's the only legion I think looks good in MkII. Of course, that's all personal opinion.

Anyways, go with the essential questions before determining your legion.

1. Do I like how they look?
2. Do I like their fluff?
3. Do I think I'll have fun with them?

Also
>Want to do a dual power fist guy, but iirc, that isn't legal.
>Implying it will stop you from modelling him as such.
Perty fights with his fists. Do it fagget.

>inferior phobos pattern
>inferior phobos
>inferior
Nyet! Rifle is fine!
Phobos pattern is fine.
Was always fine.
Will always be fine.
Now pour bitter tears into the receptacle.

Tigrus is not of having bayonets, comrade! Is not fine. Only sheathed combat blades! Is not fine. Phobos in service since before Great Crusade! Rifle is fine. Phobos has bayonets for the everyman! Rifle is fine.

HH6.
They got a character Primus Medicae who can induce a form of crazed onto regular tactical squads, and their apothecaries got a new rule for extra attacks at the cost of extra wounds.
Also, Chainaxes give +1Str now, enjoy the toxic.
>Mfw an Inducti squad using all the new rules can throw 100 S6 AP4 rerolling ones to wound, so technically they punch way harder than a direct hit from a Heavy Bolter.

That contenptor is amazing, user. Give. Plz.

Praetor fights with Hammer, as the Primarch fights with Hammer!

>Only sheathed combat blades! Is not fine
On the hands of the warrior, even a leaf can be a mighty blade.
Use it to murder tree and make even mightier blade from its corpse!
Dedicated chain-bayonets are capitalist comsumism, brother, don't fall for it. Frozen tears and trench mud make stronger bayonette coupling.
Primarch used to fight with hands which felt like proper power fists on the enemy's deployment zone, until he decided to get lazy using dead brother's hammer.
So lazy he now attacks at I1 with it!

Nyet! Cannot be of listening to you, comrade! Insulted the glorious Phobos pattern, opinion is discarded! Chain bayonets fine! Knife bayonets better! Only of wishing to have ten of knife instead of chain, must make do what with quartermaster gives!

Nyet, Hammer is good weapon, comrade! Is symbol of worker, and tool of trade! He is furthering of cause! Onward, comrade! Onward, to the walls that must be built with our own Hammer! Onward, to the walls that must be destroyed by our own Hammer! Onward, comrade, onward!

FW site says free standard shipping on all orders over 125 pounds this month, is that normal?

No, usually it's 250.

Onwards, comrade, and make do with what the quartermaster provides. Maybe also look on E(mperor's)-Bay for knife bayonets...or seize the spike pattern found on this mighty archaeotech weapon.
It's up to you to seize all the memes of production.

Thanks my dude. Here's another shot of him, I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.

That sounds fucking amazing.

On the topic of chainaxes, they're still free so long as you pay for the ccw, right?

You know, Assault squads now cost only 175 pts, so now there's reason to buy them over Tactical Despoiler squads.
Unlike Rampagers, for which there will never be a reason to take them, because they suck so much.
Chainaxes were always free

So nice looking!

Also, have you not seen the new Red Book for the legions? Assault Marines are now 175, Seekers made Headhunters even more useless with their new AP2 rounds, Vets got buffed for some reason, and if you like taking Breachers in groups of more than 10 they got nerfed. Oh, and tacticals got a price cut for some reason as well. 25 points cheaper.

Wow, a second week in a row with literally no new releases at all.

That's unprecedented in the nearly 10 years I've followed the release schedule.

What could they be saving up [for]?

Stormbird and elephant brand astartes party wagon probably.

I want to get Big Bird for my IW.

Is it possible to run 2 CAD, with each CAD being a different faction?
How does this work with Rite of War(s)?
Can I run: Alpha Legion (Primarch's Chosen) + Death Guard (Primarch's Chosen)

*Didn't mean CAD, meant the standard Force Org. chart

And their response

>.60 caliber
>.70 caliber
>fine

For the Army, I suppose. If it ain't .75, it's not Muhreen.

You'd have to house rule it. HH is one force org until you hit apocalypse point levels.

>Imperial militia covers everything from peasants with pointy sticks to power armoured guys with bolters in land raiders
>no-one can ride a horse

Horse feed is not free, citizen.

Lets face it, the Militia list is just something they threw together to have something akin to Army that wasn't SA. They got no interest in supporting it, it's just "here's the rules, don't ask for more than that" thing.

Daily reminder that Solar Auxilia are proto Stormtroopers

Doesn't stop me wanting a page of rules so I can run 30k not-rough riders.

So how good/fun are Salamanders? I'm looking to build 2000pt Alpha Legion + 2000pt Salamanders/Death Guard. From what I understand Death Guard are some of the footsloggiest footsloggers that ever footslogged onto the footslog-battlefield, but I haven't heard much here about the Salamanders.
Who's HQ's are more fun? As with AL I'll get every HQ/Character available

Well the IWfags went full Slavic. Didn't see that one coming, and honestly thought the Alpha Legion would be the first to go full metal Slav. Pic related is how to sum up the helmet of a Harrowmaster I plan on making writefaggotry about.

>Daily reminder that I can headcanon

Hey, I want a lot of things, but because they're not Marine things, I can just go eat a bag of shit for all anyone cares.