Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

So, do you guys like dragons?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Death from Above
archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Branch Pounce
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I fucking love dragons. I kinda wish I was better at using them as long-term villains or allies.

Well, my DM just rolled my Aasimar trait and I got metallic dragon wings. I'm playing a paladin, so now I might consider a flying feat. Are plunging attacks at all possible or viable?

archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Death from Above

archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Branch Pounce

So my manager convinced me to co-DM a campaign with him for a party of our coworkers. How fucked am I?

Fuck yes I'm crazy about dragons.
Especially adorable little dragons.

Well that's good, because you're getting a book of them!

Starting off slow, got some bloodline shit for bloodragers and sorcerers.

Exceedingly. especially if none of them played before.

Few traits, none stand out here besides the Hermea and Xa Hoi ones. Also the LotLK one is flavorful as fuck.

You've seen this one before, but here it is in better quality. Dragon Magic is pretty fucking strong though.

Few racial traits here, not sure what's with the horrifying bobblehead in the corner there.

Fuck yeah, Scourge Dragons are the best.

We had a few Psionic dragons turn up in my game; a Scourge, a Lorican and a Keris. The Scourge and Lorican were guarding the Keris egg from an unusually powerful White dragon what had taken control of a brood of Ksarites.

Long story short the White was killed, his brood scattered and started killing each other, Lorican-mum died, Scourge-dad had to retreat to the astral plane to recover and the party adopted the about-to-hatch Keris egg.

As a side note, a group of Ksarites being forced to act with some degree of co-ordination is pretty scary if you have them force the group into a tight corner and unload successive Concussive Onslaughts and Breath attacks on them.

You've seen this one before too, AND I'M STILL FUCKING FURIOUS ABOUT IT.

So apparently you don't need to bang a dragonto make sorcerers and bloodlines? You just need to be near one's power for a long enough time?
Suddenly I feel like many sorcerers have just been cheated.

Plus that just turns dragons into giant Magic-Radioactive Godzillas

Few more archetypes, including a Witch that sleeps on a pile of money.

What's the best route for a fighter aiming to do a lot of damage to single target foes? We have a controller martial class, so I'm just melee deeps.

Cleave or Vital Strike?

>elves get Dragon Magic outside of the elf section
>Dragon Magic doesn't replace anything

Why does Paizo editing suck dick?

Why am I getting a Dragons Dogma vibe from that?

>Dragon attacks town
>villagers tries to fight it
>gets wrecked but left alive
>wakes up with magic power
>COME, ARISEN!!

I mean, that's not completely wrong.

One nice thing is that Draconic Heritage has a pretty low entry cost, so all those little bonuses aren't too hard to grab unless you dump CHA like a normal person.

Some stuff for Wyvarans. Anyone ever heard of these things? Me neither.

Linnorm Style is pretty cool. Just the first one though, the rest are meh. Tatzlwyrm though, that one looks like it'll have some uses. You even get bonuses for having more limbs!

>mfw the user from the last thread's campaign has Sol Invictus

Hail Lael!

So how about some drake companions?

Scaled Fist and Wyrmwitch are strict downgrades, aren't they?

And the actual archetypes for dragon riders.

You think that's bad, look at the Samurai archetype.

Another page that a kind user shared before, this time bigger and clearer with white balancing.

Have there been any good archetypes lately at all?

And the start of the spells. Of note are Draconic Malice, which lets you bypass feat immunity.

And the second set of spells, including multiple new Form of the X Dragon spells and Scales of Deflection (for fucking over touch attacks).

So, overall thoughts on the book?

Oh, yeah, the samurai archetype is total dogshit.

>Covetous
This is perfect for my Tengu Life Oracle.

Dragon Sight for Half-Orcs seems pretty darn good, trading +2 to intimidate for an extra 60 feet of darkvision is extremely favorable outside of intimidate builds.

>Bird obsessively attracted to shinies

Isn't that a little racist, user?

Fucking yes, specially corrupted ones

It suck. Start off at 1d3-1 attack. Become a whooping 1d4+1 at level 5 and reaching the heightbof 1d6+3 at level 9.

Druid trade out both animal companion and wild shape, which is hardly a fair trade when Drake companion is weaker than Animal Companion (especially with its inability to wear armor and belt / headband).

Shaman lost its primary spirit and witch hex.

>all those abilities traded out

Nope.

NOPE.

Never taking a drake companion, ever. They're not fucking worth it.

Don't you want a bunch of bling to sleep on instead of a fussy talkative familiar, nerd?

It's a charisma-based monk. For unchained, I would say it is passable,for regular... yeah I would not really build a non-ranged non-unchained monk to be honest. Although with the way so many vigilante abilities improve at higher levels, I am a little miffed it still does not happen for other classes.

Archery.

The samurai is dogshit, you can't downgrade too far from the bottom of the barrel.

That's the deal for all sorc bloodlines. It's not just x fucked y, it's just vague 'magic from this'

Yeah, those are costly.

I can sort of see it on a cavalier, I guess? Your challenges are still there, and depending on the group tactician and banner were not going to be all that hot to begin with.

I want to like the silver champion as I have had a soft spot for pallies of Apsu for a while now, but geez, they sure lose a lot of good stuff.

Even worse for an unchained monk it's going to make your will save tank even worse than before.

A medium sized Drake Rider cavalier doesn't get to use their mount as well... a mount until 13th level.

It's not racist if they're filthy dirty beastmen.

Can someone tell me how DHB's unchained fighter is? how are the archetypes?

So the Dragon Book is dogshit too?

What does Paizo have lined up next?

Ew gross.

Don't worry, he's not Tian
He's Osirian

Later this month is Planes of Power and Haunted Heroes Handbook

speaking of dragons,im making a STR based monk,probably gonna take the first 2 dragon style feats but other than that im pretty lost feat-wise.

most likely human,or half orc

no 3rd party shit .

>STR based unarmed character
>no third party
Just dip Monk of Many styles and go Brawler.

Literally the only decent things from the book are probably maybe a few traits, and the Oracle stuff.

Yeah, that Half-Orc trait is nice if you don't care about Intimidate.

Better be UC Monk MC into Brawler or you're screwed
Anyway, Punishing Kick might be good to grab. Power Attack into Grapple Feats might also be a decent idea since manuevers are one of the few things Monks are good at.

>Scales of deflection
>Only works once

What the fuck.

Don't forget CALLIGRAPHY WYRM

Monk of many styles is shit, innit? Or is that only because of the joker feats? I guess if you use your two bonus feats for style feats that'd be... okay?

Hey /pfg/,

For some reason I've had a soft spot for the Shadowdancer from way back when it first graced the pages of the DMG. But I've always kind of felt like the PrC was trying to punish a Rogue for taking it.

Does anyone know of a PF Shadowdancer rewrite that makes it not completely awful?

So for those applying to the monday roman empire game. Is anyone looking to be a slave/servant because my character needs them. If not I'm going to have to get Rich Parents and spend money on NPC slaves.

I am a human oracle, occult enthusiast, and flashwarper. My character is obsessed with the anatomy of sapient creatures, particularly the point at which something reaches intelligent he considers "reflective of the innate divinity". He is on a struggle to uncover the nature of the Innate Divinity, which he theorizes is a underpinning force running through creation, a sort of beginning point where energy finds its stem. He seeks the other continent for new avenues of research, particularly new and rare sapient creatures, believing that intelligence is uniquely related to the stem of creation, as energy aware of itself.

So if anyone would be willing to be a servant/slave that occasionally undergoes surgical procedures, not dangerous or invasive ones for PCs, but things that do occur.

You could have it take the evangelist route where it still progresses the previous class 8 or 9 levels out of 10?

> I guess if you use your two bonus feats for style feats that'd be... okay?
Get a Dragon and Pummeling style so you can grab Pummeling Charge for a pseudo pounce.

Are there any places on Pathfinder free from dragons?

the fuck is with that orc's beard?

MoMs is good for dips, especially since it lets you fuse multiple styles together, like Dragon and Pummeling, or Dragon and anything else really. Plus Flurry on the Core Monk wasn't even that good to begin with,

PoW has an alternative.

Hermea.

There's only one.

Unless Mengkare actually encourages Silver dragons and other goodly metallics to settle in Hermea and fuck the natives.

Eox? Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Dracolich there.
That one living lovecraft planet? Maybe Rahadoum too since they'd consider dragons to be too psuedo-divine

>PoW has an alternative.
Which is?

No

You know what must be done.

Thanks user!

Umbral Blade PrC
Though any class with Veiled Moon would be decent at it.

the fuck would anyone want to do that?

Dragons don't like sharing their hoards.

Some people wanted to be slaves/servants. I am merely extending the offer. Otherwise I'll just buy NPC slaves, no problem-o.

Will you accept a kitsune vigilante slave with Innocuous Servant and Companion to the Lonely?

Sure, however I have no intention of engaging in any physical relation with test subjects/property. Kitsune, as a rare race, would actually be preferred as they provide an interesting subject for my character. The shift from beast to man would interest him greatly. Possible he would attempt forms of paralysis mid transformation to catch what occurs between the two end points.

user, I'd much rather have a Kitsune slave with those talents as my personal slave, used less for surgical procedures and more for bedding the other characters and learning their secrets through pillow talk.

Rahadoum is just the worst place, no dragon would want to live there.

Legacy of Dragons and Horror Adventures already available in the Trove ?

Nope! Pictures of Legacy of Dragons are in this thread, and some of HA was shared several threads back.

>impying there isn't some blue dragon hiding there in secret to take advantage of the gullible fedoras and failing nation to live in the lap of luxury

Posting this again, looking for more players. Exploration and colonization in the fantasy Roman Empire. This Monday, 6pm PST, every week.

Email: [email protected]

Someone asked how slavery works on this setting, and I'm posting from mobile so I can't really qoute the post.

About 1/3 of the Empire's population is enslaved, just like in the Roman Empire before things went downhill. Halflings are always enslaved, but escape notice. They can wander about quite a distance with freedom, but yoo gar and someone will enslave them again. Every now and then a Halfling uprising pulls a Spartacus and murders some Patricean or Magistrate's family, but these terrorist Halflings are hunted down and executed. Or at least, Halflings that resemble them. Perhaps these subsitute Halflings don't resemble their appearance, but at least they resemble them in height, and that's all that matters.
Orcs were brutal taskmasters of humans under some ancient evil empire, and that is why they are slaves today. Half-Orcs are born of Orc slaves and Human slaves mingling. But sometimes, according to folk legend, enslaved Orcs can give birth to Half-Orcs with no human parentage at all, and enslaved Orcs turn into Half-Orcs for no obvious reason.
Being an exotic, rare race means you will likely be enslaved and shown about like a piece of expensive art.

But being a slave isn't that bad. Well, it is. Each slave has a brand marking them for life. Eventually slaves can earn their freedom, by deed or by coin. Slaves do have rights, and are expected to be kept healthy, fed, housed and free of abuse. These rules are enforced just about all the time because you can, "liberate, " a slave from a cruel, abusive owner by taking them for yourself. Justice.

Slaves have it a bit worse than serfs, but not as bad as they could. But as things go worse for thr Empire, the bonds between slave and master will be strsinrd and twisted.

It's still one of the worst places... okay it might not be overrun with evil, but if I were a dragon I'd want to live someplace a little bit more.... Exciting.

So who has already applied for this campaign, and with what? I want to get a good feel for the types of submissions so I can design my character accordingly.

I'd love to make a dual-app though, if someone has an idea that requires another character!

Looks like a few people have loadsa ideas. Looks like a skill monkey oracle, a 3rd party Pact Binder Occultist, and maybe a war-dancer.

inb4 i pick tank? I play healer?

I'm leaning towards Cavalier (pactsworn knight, castellan) 1/Occultist (occult scholar) whatever

I might do a war dancer instead, though.

Ok, so I'm very much a noob to ranger. We just hit level 7 in our campaign, so I've got that extra attack now.

How do feats work with this? Like if I do Deadly Aim to start, does that cover all shots? Or if I'm hasted, does it cover the first two attacks and then the normal attack from haste?

I'm the oracle! I am also a flesh warper.

Is seriously no one doing an Odesseyus ripoff?

...goddamnit, let me boot up PCGen.

God dammit user I wanted to play the tank!

He'd be a family man, a career soldier that won a ticket on the ship through lottery, though that does mean I'd have to give him a wife and maybe even children.

Plus it replaces Still Mind, so you can't even use it with the Champion of Irori

>stuff for Wyvarans
>the most nothing race
>nothing for Kobolds to help make them actually practical to play
JUST WHY?

Kobolds have plenty as long as you allow 3.5. Paizo doesn't want to risk making another punpun (not like that'll happen without those one faerun specific critters)

(me)
Not that that's a valid excuse. I imagine their real reasoning would be "Kobolds are for enemies, not players."

I'd recommend taking a look at the baleful shadow beguiler. It always felt like what the shadowdancer ought to have been.

How many people are you looking for? I have an idea for an ex-gladiator. Seems pretty fitting for a "pseudo-Roman empire" kind of thing.

4-6 people. Anything beyond that, it can get unwieldy and bogged down. Enough people if someone can't make it, we can still play.

Ex-Gladiator is great. Maybe you won your freedom and are now using it to join the Odyssey. Maybe you were denied you final battle for freedom, instead being placed in the Odyssey by your master as a backhanded, "reward."

/pfg/ I wanna make one of two types of games! One is a game that functions much like groundhog day or majora's mask, the other is an end of the world game based on slivers. Does anyone have resources on helping me make either of those two games a reality? Anything would be appreciated!

I would advise against Groundhog Day. I've played in a game that used that two times, and neither time was a positive experience. Some of the worst I've had, desu.