Best Warlord edition

Discuss the lore of the warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3io2Cgbiqg
youtube.com/watch?v=wH8M-Cc5wlk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that fucked up image

Threadly reminder to claim your destiny.

I'm totally down with joining smuggest orc.

Why is he so perfect?

>Newest Harbinger
>Illidan? Are we the Demons now?
>Yes?
>Lets kill some shit
>You see we are THEIR DEMONS
>Kay

but we wuz kongquerers and shieet

>literally the same may-may as in wc3
Illidan is an incurable retard.

Really makes you think.

>youtube.com/watch?v=i3io2Cgbiqg

>It's a Gul'dan goes super saiyan episode.

>unlike the other races of the Horde, orcs are not native to Azeroth
that's kind of impressive desu. Orcish diplomacy is always pretty underrated

pretty cool how the orcs went from a barbaric horde clad in furs to a fucking modernized superpower in less than 30 years

no other race in azeroth has had such a massive growth in so short a time

Without all the usual problems of their homeworld, they can thrive.

I dunno, the Forsaken went from a bunch of outcasts living in abandoned buildings to an industrialized expansionist power in what, five years? And that was after constant internal strife too.

No thanks to Thrall.
GARROSH WAS RIGHT

and how most of their alliances were basically "hey we like X, want to be friends?"

>we also like killing elves, lets hang out
>sure ting mon
>we too enjoy money and blowing things up, how about we pay you to make us better at that
>gotcha boss
>you cow people like shamanism? no way, us too
etc.

Did they? All "orc" technology is goblin-made, greatest orc invention was adding spikes to it. Most advanced purely orc tech is catapult and that big saw throwing thing in Hellfire Penninsula.

Doesn't that apply to any alliance that isn't between gnomes/dwarves/humans?

Of playable races natch.

>when the orcs on Draenor get iron stars. the best tuses they can independently think of for them are just using them in places of torsion engines on siege weapons
god bless the Blackfuse company

It's pretty badass that Blackfuse's last words, "My legacy will live on", meant that he was responsible for the Iron part of the WoD horde. He set the technological fundament of an entire civilization. Basically Dreanors Tesla

Pft. More like Draenor's Oppenheimer.

youtube.com/watch?v=wH8M-Cc5wlk

so, you think we'll get a poop quest in legion? blizz has gotta keep that fetishist market open amirite?

>amirite
Found the next extension metal.

Original Hellfire Citadel was also orc-made

Also not the user you replied to but note that he didn't make any mention of orcs inventing things, merely that they modernized

Adapting tech they had no experience with prior is still pretty impressive

Because sometimes you want a villain that's cartoonishly evil willingly, rather than yet another character you love being corrupted to serve as a boss because name recognition.

TL;DR: Gul'dan is a dick and its hilarious. His answer to half of his problems is 'throw an apprentice under the bus' and the other half is 'feed orcs blood.'

>No thanks to Thrall.
Thrall's the one that focused on infrastructure enough that they could support their population.

>Thrall's the one that focused on infrastructure
And made his people settle in a fucking desert because 'muh Doomhammer legacy' 'muh warrior city'.

>Roll iron stars around as tanks.
>Fire iron stars out of cannons.
>Use iron stars as drop pods by pudding live orcs inside.
This is what happens when you take a race that solves every military problem with 'more axes!' and give them a new weapon. It's hilarious and I love it.

They didn't have many other options.
>Settle in the forest.
Night elves would fill them with holes.
>Settle in the swamp.
Would still need specialized infrastructure to deal with pestilence and to purify water.
>Settle in the mountains.
Rocky mountains that are just as fucked for water and farmland as the desert.
>Winterspring
Freeze their balls off and probably get shot by nelves anyway.

At least the desert had a canyon for natural fortifications.

Oh, and by the time they actually fought off the centaurs and quillboar around Mulgore, they already had Orgrimmar up and running.