Infinity General: Grenz Hard Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where guys who live in spaceships have lots of flamethrowers.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ (embed)

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>Faction colour scheme creator here:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61395031/Infinity/index.html

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/cervantes3773/sets/72157671857871805/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZirSBZrDzl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It seems dangerous to fire a flamer like that

Maybe his armour and uniform are super flame retardant?

It's one of the few ways to successfully say 'No' to a pupnik who's in mid cranio-coital leap.

So thinking on it, Ardinia and nomads is the closest to being done sectorial wise. They have for sure one more secotrial apiece. Kazaks and that last ship.

Every other faction has two or more sectorials to do still by the looks of it. I kind of want them to finish up Ardina and Nomads then so they can push the other sectorials through

CA is a wildcard in terms of sectorials. We don't know how many future sectorials there might be for them or what is planned.
Space France is getting a complete overhaul so CB effectively have to make 2 sectorials for Ariadna.

Well most of Ardiadna needs resculpts, so they probably will be adding things to each section of it anyways. I just am waiting for those new kazak resculpts.

Nomads are apparently getting black hand as a sectorial as well.

That got scrapped, at least for the time being. CB was worried that they couldn't make it and Tunguska distinct enough from each other.

His pose kinda looks effeminate

What could they even make for Tunguska that sets it apart? Isn't it the prison ship?

Tunguska is the money and hacking ship. Basically a bunch of laze-fare black market capitalists who left because they wanted to keep all their money and hired the best hackers in the universe to help hide themselves and all their money from Aleph.

They fund the other 2 ships in return for basically having their own private merc army and illegal technology labs to help them make more money.

corp was the prison ship

I keep thinking, it would be cool of the Black Hand sectoral was like the Qapu Khalqi and let them take a bunch of stuff from other factions. Basically, let them take a handful of units from other factions who represent "deep cover" operatives. They could also have a unique Infiltrating unit.

Corregidor is the prison ship. Tunguska is the mafia ship. The Black Hand is based on Tunguska but makes use of non-Tunguska mercenaries.

Potential units for Tunguska are Kriza Boracs, which are HI with X visors that were revealed in an old comic strip, and "hollow men" which were only mentioned by name but presumably use holoprojectors.

Nothing new whatsoever at GenCon?

>Space Mafia ship
Please for the love of all that is holy give me a recreation of John Wick. I don't care if he never existed but please. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'd buy like 20 of I have to.

Yeah this is sad, was hoping for new models in their display cabinet.

Guess I gotta strap in for the long wait till saturday afternoon in Indianapolis

man, the scatter from topdownterrain looks fantastic but is a bitch to put together.

Do they have any dossiers?

>John Wick.
Oh god yes
>Space Mafia ship
Main reason I'm waiting for the sectional to come out before starting Nomads.

I'm guessing we'll have to wait for the presentation.

>>Space mafia ship

Now I'm imagining nomads with Brooklyn accents wearing fedoras and tossing some poor shmuck out the airlock with cement shoes

>Space Mafia

This is what I think of honestly.

flickr.com/photos/cervantes3773/sets/72157671857871805/

Hope when they have the presentation we'll see some good sneak peeks.

How did any of you ever decide on a faction? I can spend hours just looking through profiles and browsing miniatures, trying to narrow it down only to end up back where I started

Whatever looks coolest. Then you pick. The playstyles'll line themselves up :)

I just saw interventor figure. I fell in love so HARD with it's looks, then saw went completely gar for sin-eater, then i remembered how my father (may he rest in peace) told me that during his youth people sicd their dogs on neighbours they did not like openly, so i liked the idea of Uberfallkommando. When i saw there is a fox among the pupniks and chimera herself is a vixen, i decided i'm totally having my spirit animal represantations on table.

I simply bought miniatures I really liked: Tuareg Sniper and the Naga Sniper. After dropping 40k and then watching the first BoW Infinity week, I expanded from those two. Now, I regularly play SP and Haqqislam, but also have QK, NCA, and a bunch of other minis.

I chose the guys I liked the look and fluff of the most, then went from there. Remember that you can always branch out to other factions later.

Tell your spirit animal to stop eating my chickens or I'm going to fucking shoot it.

These gals, Geckos, and Wildcats.

Was leaning towards Haqq at first, but those models and the abandon-our-planet-and-live-in-spess-because-we-are-mad grew on me. Bakunin is also hillarious.

It's tough now with some factions having clashing new/old designs. Compare the Aleph starter box to their newer sculpts even.

Why isn't this a show?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

You know Nomads. Even in combat they like to add a bit of flare.

As mentioned, Tunguska is the money-making mafia ship. They have the most expensive stuff, like HD+, TO Camo or a TAG with HRMC. I'm pretty sure with Tunguska we'll see another MSV2 unit, to compete with Intruder.
The Black Hand is Nomad intelligence agency, so they'd basically have to make it a bit like Onyx Contact Force, that is a mix of stuff from all the sectorals, but extremely focused.

As fun as that would be, it's not American mafia. It's closer to Bratva.

I imagine Spektr to sound like this youtube.com/watch?v=ZirSBZrDzl0

I asked which faction makes use of the ARO thing in a fun way (this was back in N2). The answer I got was Nomads.
I looked at Nomads and saw they have a robot cat. I was sold.

Oh new models in the store. So looks like we may have our august releases

Which store?

Thoughts on this list?
It's for my club's slow grow so I'm kind of locked into a lot of the list as you need to keep 50% of the previous list.

Last list had pic related minus the TAG and the med droid. There was an autocannon engineer and a suryat with a combi and light flamethrower.

We are using the 20 20 missions. This weeks is access supplies with kill em all as the secondary.

First week TAGs are allowed so I'm throwing in in to try out. I'm hoping it can be the work horse and get shit killed while everyone else moves to claim the objectives.

Hungries will be in a link team to provide regular orders.

It's June releases. We'll have to wait a bit for August ones.

REEEEEEE

main CB store

If you're taking a TAG you should probably have a hacker. Just go full Gaki in your link if you aren't planning on driving them forward.

I wouldn't take an expensive TAG at 200 points anyway, you have to give up too much in order to give it orders. If you don't go first with that list then you're in trouble.

What should I take instead do you think?
Leave in the suryat and add a soggy perhaps?

This is pretty much my first go at infinity so I've not got a feel for what's good at what yet.
So far the hungry link has been ruining shit but with a mission that requires holding ground and not giving up kills they seem more like order providers this time.

I am thinking of a scenario idea and for narrative purposes wanted to stat up some regular Yu Jing cops for totally not Patlabor shenanigans. How do these look as "worse than keisotsu" mooks?

Keikan (Police)
MOV 4-4 CC10 BS9 PH9 WIP11 ARM0 BTS0 W1 S2

V Courage

Keikan, Heavy Pistol, Stun CCW 5/0
Keikan, Light Shotgun, Stun CCW 7/0
Keikan, Smoke LGL, Assault Pistol, Stun CCW 11/0.5
Keikan, Light Shotgun, Motorcycle, Stun CCW 15/0.5

Kidoutai (SWAT/Riot squad)

MOV 4-4 CC11 BS10 PH10 WIP11 ARM1 BTS0 W1 S2

V Courage, Mech Deployment

Kidoutai, SMG, Stun Grenades 10/0
Kidoutai, Light Shotgun, Stun Grenades 9/0
Kidoutai, Rifle, Stun Grenades 12/0

Also does anyone have a source for modern cop/SWAT models in 28mm? That one fleet officer HVT from dire Foes with a headswap would make a great traffic police woman...

Missed it last night but god damn that's nice.

Seeing nice paint jobs posted here and on the forums demotivates me so much. It's awful knowing you'll never be able to paint to that level.

For present-day style stuff, the batman miniatures game has a few SWAT officers.
One of them has a riot shield, too. Unknown Ranger conversion, anyone?

PH9 is literally sub-civilian, and I'd bump up their CC to 12 or so since cops are trained in that shit.

And holy shit those guys are bad for a SWAT team. I guess it makes sense since YJ doesn't give a shit about the Japs so they're probably underfunded and undertrained.

The pricing's off too, but I won't bore you with that unless you want me to.

Can someone please convince me that the Domaru with Shotgun is worth painting?

I see your point, I was just thinking if I made the stats higher they would be indistinguishable from baseline LI.

Thanks for the advice though, it is appreciated and I will have a rethink.

Their garbage weapons make them distinct enough.

I decided on the units and theme I liked the most, which resulted in a choice between Nomads and PanO (it took a good couple of weeks until I made the final decision).
In the end I went with PanO because I like knights even though I've been playing NCA since I started.
And now I'm expanding to the Military Orders, just waiting on resculpts though.

New player here, just about worked up to 300pts

Can you advise if I'm missing anything on the pictured list, how'd you play it etc

Noting that I'm new and aside from the other contents of the starter-box... I haven't got ought else... well except bolt-action miniatures which I could proxy in

if you use maghariba you dont need janissary
you have already good 2 offence
ghulam make doctor and get remote shihab remote it had 360 visor and total reaction it's good to reactive turn

I don't have a drone model... but that'd be easy to proxy.

What are the drones like Burst 3 as an ARO? Stick 'em over-watching a choice gap on the board or something?

That's a pretty decent list. Hackers might give you some trouble though. Maggie has good BTS and should be able to hide away from them, but you can't protect your Jann with fairy dust since you don't have a non-assault hacker yourself. And as an aside, Naffatun are generally better than basic Ghulam in my experience.

As for how I'd play it, the Sekban and Lasiq are pretty obvious. Put them in good ARO positions to inconvenience the enemy.
The Fiday can go on a killing spree, but you've got a few order-hungry units so I'd just sit it next to an enemy long range shooter and wait to engage.
Maggie kills things and the Kaplan unfucks her when she's fucked. Pretty simple. Make sure to hide her somewhere reasonably safe at the end of each turn.
Your Jann is best in the midfield where he can shoot people in the face and press buttons, but hackers can really fuck him over if you're not careful.
Your infiltrators go pretty well together. The Hunza is a bit more expendable, but both are good for capping objectives, laying mines and doing hackery things. They're nice and versatile.

Burst 4 ARO with HMG ranges. Very nasty, but not hard to counter. Just dump it somewhere with a nice view, worst case scenario it forces your opponent to spend a couple of orders knocking it out.

What's your favorite drone?

I like the Jann, people seem to forget him, possibly because he's HI with an S2 profile... but I am intrigued by 's suggestion of dumping him for a drone. Not used a drone before.

Of course that then blows me over 6 SWC... more juggling required.

The Fiday is the model that I've enjoyed the most. After it murdered about 4 minatures (including the Lt) in its first outing, my gaming group have been terrified of it. Last game my opponent spend order after order establishing suppressing fire over it

Finished my first infinity mini fairly happy with the outcome but I'm struggling with NMM now. It's been 15 years that I have painted my last grimderp mini everyone was using boltgun metal back then.

CA Q-Drone + E-Drone. Exclusive Mimetism on TR and Combi Rifle on Evo is pretty awesome.
Speaking of CA exclusives, am I the only one who thinks it's weird that CA has no Killer Hackers? And that the only profile with a CA Killer Hacking Programm is from Aleph?

Shas will probably get it when they're overhauled. The Zerat was a real missed opportunity, though. A KHD would have fitted them well.

Do some highlighting on those red sections user and she'll look even better

This, I am damn sure they will get a khd profile for the malignos and shrouded and it pretty likely the Cadmus will get a khd too

I had a dream last night that I was at the game store and that CB had released vehicles for Infinity

USAriadna had a MBT

FRRM had a 3 man technical with a rocket launcher manned by Briscards

Good thing it was just a dream; that would be awful.

According to Mayacast, August releases will be

USAriadna Mavericks
Nomad Bandit Hacker, Female
Another Imperial Agent Pheasant, Female
Black Friar Multi-Rifle
Djanbazan Unit Box

I actually agree about the MBT but the technical was basically just a multiwound biker on a big silhouette

>Favorite model gets a waifu hacker model too
Today is not a good day to die

I honestly wouldn't mind an actual tank for Ariadna, though not an MBT, more like a WW2 Tetrarch, something small that can be airdropped and is equipped for fighting infantry and light vehicles

>Carlos "Bostria" Llauger will share privileged information about the new Human Sphere book, never seen before miniatures, designs and WIP projects.

I'm so hyped, I hope they'll show some Blackjacks.

>something small that can be airdropped and is equipped for fighting infantry and light vehicles
BMD would be cool as fuck.

>Djanbazan Unit Box

>Another Imperial Agent Pheasant, Female
They really want to push the Pheasant, don't they? Ah well, if it's the red fury version, maybe, just maybe I'll consider it.

If they had a "tag" that was basically like Bonaparte from Dominion Tank Police, I would be happy about it.

I mean, the Haqq scorpian tank is pretty much already just a tank with legs, why not?

I hope it would have a short haired qt inside.
There's definitely a massive lack of short haired qts.

Neat, I can stop using Urban War Viridians as proxies whenever I want to run a Djanbazan link.
Hope there's a SMR model and that the Sniper remains untouched as a separate blister.

Or a wiesel/scorpion style light tank.

Speaking of vehicles, I wish there was a better catalogue for all the various companies that make models in, say, 28mm. I remember there was some company that made fairly garish and outlandish sort of diorama vehicles for 40k (so fairly in-line there) though I can't for the life of me think of what they were called.

I really just want a new HMG model.

True dat. Isn't it the last old-school Haqq HMG which needs replacing?

God why were all of the old HMGs so fucking terrible?!

>Djanbazan Unit Box

Whats the chance that they'll get a new sculpt and it's not just a box of the current blisters? I hope its new sculpts because everyone says they're great, but I'm not buying the current models.

Very good. The HMG and rifle sculpts are old as fuck and look like it.

Trying to make a military orders list that can function well and still has some knights.

I'm pretty stubborn and I don't want to fall into the order sergeant fireteam meta...

So don't go easy on me here. How's it look?

I love the pose on the sniper Djanbazan, and I don't even play Haqq.

>Nomad Bandit Hacker, Female
>Black Friar Multi-Rifle
All I ever wanted.
Kinda regret jumping the gun on the BS Bandit now.

>Djanbazan Unit Box
Yes! It's about time

>Black Friar Multi-Rifle
>not a two model box
uhhhh, I need the snipers yo

Mayacast said they're new sculpts.

I'm really hoping for at least HMG and Shock Marksman.

They don't do new double blisters anymore.
I can see why people would want the sniper model, but IMO the Biometric visor one is more interesting. If they released the MSR one first, I'd get the Indigo blister and swap weapons if possible.

Not sure, why you would want the sniper, but I'm guessing it'll be in a new starter.

>They don't do new double blisters anymore.
The Kaauri Sentinels were a double blister.

I think we're getting the Multi Rifle in a blister because maybe Drop bears?

So are there any independent nations left on earth, or has everyone been gobbled up by Yu Jing and Pan-O?

>The Kaauri Sentinels were a double blister.
Well, those are S1.

Cool, I wonder if they'll go with the newer hacker design or a totally new one.

On a mostly unrelated note, I wish they'd use that multiple descending mount/chin plate design less, or at least regulate it to one faction.

They are doing a new double box for tag's with the panO ones.

It'll most likely be resculpted to look more in line with the current stuff.

The mouth piece looked dumb on the old sculpts. But they look good on the new Janissaries.

Those are TAGs though. Although it makes no sense for the Stingrays to be packed together. They're not even in the same sectoral.
They don't do double S2 trooper packs anymore.

You're an idiot. If they release the sniper all you have to do is snip the extended barrel and it is a combi...

MULTI Rifle looks slightly different from a Combi tho.
And stay salty, friend. To me Black Friar is all about that Biometric visor. But that may be because I often play against Haqq.

Yeah am salty. That's because the only way to get it will be in a new MO starter and I have so little interest in MO, I found it hard to even write this sentence.

Also, drop bears are cool but I find it easier to just cover my flank since PanO has a best BS in the game. The labido profile is stints too much of situational to be good. But saving 4 point by taking the friar over the nisses leave more room for different models that can be added to lists.