Map thread

Show us your prettiest maps, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=4787
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Yet another Tolkien map

>Yet another Tolkein map flipped on its side

>Autismal detail on that island in the North
>That gigantic blob in the south just described in extremely vague terms without clear borders

It's clear where the "artist" gave up.

Where's that one campaign map we helped make where it was a massive dick at the bottom?
I wanna find that guy again, see if his dick-person game was fun

a really good map I found recently

be careful looking up the artist who drew this though, as most of their stuff is weird fetish art

>bizarre landscape
>geology makes no sense
>2/10 would not live in

Now this makes much more sense. The chain clearly keeps the moon from flying off into space, and the mountains actually look like mountains, not thin little lines of mud on paper. Good work.

Not pretty, but this is a map I made for that evo game a while back. The game had gone on for a couple of threads without a map so I made one by judging what terrain would be where based on the evolutions that had already happened. Which was a lot of fun.

Shame the thread was such a clusterfuck.

That's grade-school tier, dude. Step up, man.

Oh I know it's shit. I was just pointing out how interesting it was to have a game first then go back and make a map for it.

Siiiiiigh. Mountains and rivers....

Listen, draw all your mountains. THEN, it should be really damn obvious where the rivers will form.

You won't have rivers going from mountains, over plains, INTO HILLS.

Ugh, sweet jesus. Learn some fucking geography.

>contributes nothing
>gift horse dentist
>i can't just not post

Sorry about your mental issues, user.
Maybe stick to the dickpost theads?

Not mine, but I absolutely love this map.

I think he's trying to be funny, not sure. It's part of the reason these threads almost always seem to fall apart before they get interesting though

Made this one a few years ago on commission, made a ton of these lotr style ones. I mostly like remaking real world locations to be more fanciful.

Here's a more recent one I had fun doing, based on Houston/GTA5.

Here are a series of the absolutely best maps I've ever used.

look at me, forgetting the link.
cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=4787

The image in my post shows how the maps interact. Well the image is too large, so here's a pigeon.

Does anyone have any really detailed maps of the Roman Empire?

Preferably with Roman-era names?

knowing a lot of the staff at rockstar, having worked on one of the previous versions, I'd just like to say that's a very nicely done map.

(still want a Carcer City/Chicago setting, in 1980, riffing off the Blues Brothers. Know it'll never happen sadly)

Thanks! Used to work at 2K myself, designed a few levels for them then moved on, would have loved to work for Rockstar though. Ditto to Carcer, thoug barring that really hoping the next iteration takes us somewhere new.

is the map for broquest (RIP)

Britain is almost a checkerboard.
Seems like a fun setting for a burning wheel game.

16th century map of Scandinavia.

Wheel of time rippoff.

Abhorsen.

I really enjoyed this series, I should read it again...

The land of the Gunns sounds like a magical place.

Awesome westeros map.

What are some good rules of thumb to abide by when designing the geography of your setting?

I'm trying to make a setting that is centered on a city. Key points:

I want the city to be a center of trade all around the world. I want the trade to be mostly coming up and down two major rivers that border either side of the city. On either side of the city is mostly desert, occupied by nomadic tribes.

So I guess if I had to analog it, I want a city that is positioned between basically the nile and the mississippi rivers, but in the ancient middle east.

So pic related is my idea. But the first thing that jumps out at me is that this sort of river formation is pretty unlikely. I would imagine those rivers would eventually join, as time passes. Is there a natural process or material that would be unlikely to erode on a geological scale?

I really like the Talislanta geography.

bump

That's pretty much how it goes, but I think you've put quite a bit more thought in your initial draft than in earlier games. The original of this was just a blob and some islands. Terrain was added long after.

neat

There is a part 4 now.

Clariel.

I'm reading it now. Not really liking it.

I'll never going to finish this fucking map, I really need to get some premade assets

>gammal

Did they change a lot of geography lately? Haven't played since 2nd ed.

Dunno as I haven't played 4th, but I know that the designers mentioned making some overhauls with the geography and geopolitics.

Stuff like Consaber being a feudal society of the Daak faith but being cut off from the rest of the church by magocratic and atheistic Thalamur were cited as things that they wished to correct.