youtube.com/watch?v=jPQSlpOj4ls
youtube.com/watch?v=IHzLzhcvMxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not going to stop me OP

Much better.

>Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1001: Fun Times Ahead Edition
Solid recovery.

>thread 1001
I missed the thousandth thread. Blerghle.

Ah well.

To those interested in a Lost in Space Jump, anything in particular you want to see? I'll have a brainstorming paste in up probably around this time tomorrow but I want your input first.

By fucking up Angels, protecting rei and helping Gendo get over Yui's death while making sure he and Shinji have proper relationship, with Rei becoming either Shinji's GF or adopted sister, I have her a happy ending

Lilith got Rei's memories, just so she has some human perspective and I had her become hybrid on another planet to not fuck up humanity.

Oh, also I let Kaworu live a human life without any Angel draws towards merging with body of Adam or Lilith. He can pursue relationship with Shinji, his choice. And Shinjis.

Rei has her own soul, Kaworu too, they just also have Lilith and Adam's souls respectively. Through separation of the latters souls from theirs I helped. And gave the Progenitors a body and my companionship, thus making it so they are not alone. they became one being

If we're talking the movie, then their armor was pretty neat. The scene where the helmet just forms into place looked good, and so tech to build something like that would be appreciated.

>Lost in Space
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this setting. Could you please give some info on it? It's always great to have new jumps, and I'm happy to help in anyway I can once I get thet info.

>Lockbox and key
...This might sound like an odd question, but can this be applied to an imported key? I'd kind of like my Warehouse key to do the job.

>Messenger Crow
Does this respawn? Lack of concern for its own safety might be a bit of a problem otherwise... Same question, to a lesser extent, for Caragor/Ungol hatchling.

>Gravewalker
Oh dear, not quite sure how we'd go about the last part, especially if as canon LoTR suggests he doesn't actually need the Ring back to get a new body...

>Black Gate Closed
>And anything you bring with you
>anything you bring with you
>LoT
>Song Tower
Oh. Um, how far up does the invisible box go? I miiiight be able to fit most of it in if it's tall enough...

>Nemesis
>with a complete immunity to whatever you used to kill or imprison them previously.
So, if we were to, say, throw a spear at them... does that make them immune to that spear? Spears thrown by *you* in particular? Thrown weapons? Thrown stuff in general? Projectile weapons? Being stabbed?
And how long does it take them to come back?

Am I the only one who wants to help Ekko, Vi and Jinx due to lore?

In his trailer Ekko had pictures of young Vi and Jinx. He had a crush on Jinx before she went crazy which means he knows her from when she was sane, and it is implied Vi either betrayed her gang or just had some memory loss and doesn't remember her past with Ekko and Jinx.

I want to companion all of them. But lovecraft's champion supplement and how they were separated fucks that up somethin fierce because they are in 3 different backgrounds.

Stasis pods help

Did something happen?

Fuck off Parano-

Wait, I am Paranoid user.

Continue

Old tv show about a family on a spaceship that gets...well, the title is fairly indicative. There was also a movie that will be the primary source for this Jump.

lostinspace.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

We are talking the movie and the foldaway armor is on the list.

Also just to prove a point

I wasn't even aware that they had shared histories, thanks for the info user.

>11%

user charge your phone.

Vi is confirmed to have memory loss due to some sort of accident, and played a role model to Ekko, who is a fair bit younger than both of them and wasn't in their gang. Said accident is also likely the cause of Jinx going fucking bonkers... which leads me to believe it was a mental spell/piece of technology that went bad in Zaun
yeah, it's kinda sad
lots of stuff in that world is sad.
personally though I'd like to find Ekko's friend from the comic and save them from that asshole that Ekko righteously beat up... probably a lot, given Z-Drive.

I'm going to blow up the planet of the next setting I go to and nothing can stop me. What's my next jump?

I presume there will be a Global Sedition background, given that they seem to be the antagonists?

>personally though I'd like to find Ekko's friend from the comic and save them from that asshole that Ekko righteously beat up... probably a lot, given Z-Drive.
Godmode Sylph of Time is your friend. Don't matter when he ded, he not ded now.

Dragonball Z Endjump. Because at least there it will be appropriate.

Fate

Blame!

it depends on when we arrive in the world, if we show up before the incident then it's not even an issue.

Builds? Builds.

(Generic Video Game Developer)
-Career Type: Indie (Free) -I'm gonna make my mark!
-Specialization: R&D (Free) -I'm gonna make the BEST TOYS.
-It's My Game! (Free) -I have control over this.
-One Hit Wonder (800CP) (Discount) -ALWAYS GO FOR QUALITY.
-Triple A Title (400CP) -A step in my master plan.
-Lost Art (-200CP) -CODING THAT IS AMAZING.
-Hardware Necessities (Free) -A small reminder can help.
-Making Virtual A Reality (-500CP) (Discount) -Oh. Yes. This will be good.
-It Started With A Pixel (-500CP)
-Digital Half-Life (-400CP)
-Rule of Threes (-300CP)
-Doing It For The Art (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 2000s, 18 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

ON one hand, this is going to suck because I can't make trilogies, I can't use any of the profits, and if I delay anything at all I'm SCREWED.

On the other hand? Holy hell my coding and my consoles/items are going to be awesome.

It's just, user... I want to companion Jinx.

But taking her before any sort of resolution with her past friends feels bad. And taking her away after she is sane and I made them friends again feel dirty.

I need all three of em

No but I can add it in now. There's now also a reference to pet imports in the notes.

Yes, respawning pets is usually a thing. Rules have never been laid down though and they're sort of up to you. I imagine they'd respawn at least as regularly as companions.

They sort of do it in the games by taking down the Black Hand. Follow the plot well enough and you'll be fine.

High enough.

Jumpers! Post your favorite villain themes!

>youtube.com/watch?v=2lX6p3gDTNg
>youtube.com/watch?v=jPQSlpOj4ls

And missed the last question for some reason. Yeah they'd be immune to being impaled by shit you throw at them. Main problem lies in that if they're immune to that they're probably either much tougher or much quicker as well.

Then it wouldn't be immunity, just a resistance of sorts

Possibly. A lot of it is still in flux. For definite are a robot companion, a ship or two, and spider bite drawback.

(Equilibrium)
-Background: White Coat Cleric (600CP) -...eh. Why not.
-Awareness: Blind Fighting (8 ranks left) -Fighting in the dark is neat?
-Movement: Qigong (5 ranks left) -All the Tai Chi stuff.
-Grappling: Gun Strike (3 ranks left) -Handguns as melee is odd.
-Cosmetic: Empowered Gunflare (0 ranks left) -At least I'll look pretty.
-Better Living Through Chemistry (200CP) -Making drugs last longer? SCORE.
-Reinforced Armored Trench & Helmetx2 (100CP) -Eh, whatever.
-Authencity Scanner (0CP) -Whaaaaatever.
-Bullet Resistant Coat (Free) -I'm not even.
-Grammaton Pistols (Free) -I guess?
-Holdout Ejectors with Reloaders (Free) -What the fuck is even this.
Dice Rolls: -

I'm pretty sure this is not the right way to build for this jump. I'm also pretty sure this was not the intended way for a White Cleric to be, much less to do something as stupid as this. But you know what? I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING so I'm just going to goof the fuck off and see what I can do.

Turning off bluetooth would also help with that.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

27 years old
Toon 300
He's A Toon
Make Em' Laugh!
I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way 600
P-p-p-please? 750
Toon Physicist 1050
Jumpchain: The Animated Series
Cartoon Camera 1100
Alcoholic 1000

Could not find a picture of an appropriately sexy male cartoon so this'll have to do.

Went with Toon as I just really like that stuff, rolled Soft Physics in Worm and even though that makes this pretty redundant I still just enjoy it too much not to want some redundancy.

Make Em' Laugh! is a nice freebie.

I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way is neat as it's a "your attractive" perk that clearly transcends normal varieties of being attractive.

P-p-p-please? makes it difficult for people to stay angry with me.

Toon Physicist transfers some toon qualities to the world around you which is cool.

Jumpchain: The Animated Series is pretty funny in that you can get it for free if you're prepared to do some sorting.

Cartoon Camera is really fucking neat. Only 50 CP but it was one of the things I wanted the most.

Alcoholic would be worse if I wasn't a cartoon. Cartoon alcoholism is funny rather than sad.

There is only one greatest villain song.

>youtube.com/watch?v=IHzLzhcvMxA

It's an immunity if as long as you try the same thing it definitely isn't going to work and suddenly spears just bonk right off them.

(Elfen Lied)
-Background: Diclonus (500CP) -IT BEGINS.
-Like A Scalpel (400CP) -Hand-eye coordination is fun.
-Destroyer of Worlds (-200CP) -So is this bullshit thing. Bioengineering, and Vector study.
-Mark of a Devil (Free) -HORNS.
-Vectors (Free) -OTHER WEIRD SHIT WHAT.
-Seed of Chaos (Free) -What. What. NO, GO AWAY POST-JUMP.
-Inhuman (Free) -Oh, nice!
-Operating Table (-600CP) -Aaaaand we're done.
-DNA Voice (-600CP)
-Selfish Bastards (-500CP)
-Calling You Home (-300CP)
-Arm and a Leg (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 20 years old

...this one on the other hand I know exactly what's going on. Pain, suffering, misery, anguish, and missing limbs. All because I wanted to have brain limbs and I thought it'd be cool to run around with horns. And being greedy.

>"Oh you can suffer nightmares, Red!"
>"Oh you can lose some limbs, Red!"
>"WHAT COULD GO WRONG, RED."
Everything goes wrong. Everything.

What are some 'at will/freeform' magic systems?

Heylin is amazing if you have enough time, growth perks, and magic enhancers. Full reality warping at the peak level.

Speaking of the Roger Rabbit jump, is being on friendly terms with someone and not meaning them any real harm close enough to being "willing" for the Toon Physicist perk? Basically, I want to know if I can just drop anvils on people's heads when they annoy me without, you know, killing people.

I'm also having trouble deciding whether I want to do a toon build, or take normal drop-in and get Acme's Art. I guess it comes down to whether I can think of enough fun stuff to do with the latter.

Will this nemesis grow immune to things that don't kill him OR imprison him?

You can reality warp entire multiverses at peak level? That seems...a bit much to offer.

Where the hell are you getting that from. It's planetary+ AT BEST.

So don't say 'full reality warping' if you don't mean it. Say planetary. Much clearer no?

I don't jump mib jumps.

The base system from King Arthur is pretty much just that. Hellblazer magic, as well, from the little lore I could be bothered to glean before giving up on the jump. Though Mystic DC is a thing now.

>entire multiverses
No, but it can let you conquer a planet with the wave of your hand.

Pick a jump from spacebattles and blow it up.

Oh right, and since Super Robot Wars OG updated... well. Not much changed.

(Super Robot Wars OG)
-Background: Scientist (800CP) -I am going to learn EVERYTHING I CAN here.
-Super Soundtrack Wars (Free) -Um... rock on, I guess.
-Exaggerated Reality (Free) -Huh. Might be neat at times, but I likely won't use it outside of this jump.
-Prana Boost (700CP) -Bigger mana reserves, and magic stuff works better? Score.
-PT Theory 101 (Free) -We always, always start off with the basics.
-Magic Channeling (500CP) -Channel magic into the machine, and give various status boosts? Awwww yiss.
-Programming Genius (400CP) (Discount) -CODING AWAY. We like having code, yes we do!
-Alchemist (0CP) -Zol Orichalcon and suits to channel spirits, eh? OH OMOIKANE!
-Alpha Documents (-300CP) (Discount) -Oh. Oh what I'm going to do with you.
-More RCP (-900CP) -Some extra stuff is nice.
-The Great Battle Never Ends (-800CP)
-Just... Stop (-600CP)
-KOROSU KOROSU KOROSU! (-300CP)
-Ghost of Olympus (0CP)

-An Old Friend (70RCP) -We're bringing the Sinanju in.
-Theming (Free) -I'm going to make it look AMAZING.
-T-LINK SYSTEM (60RCP) -Psionic might!
-Tesla Drive (50RCP) -Time to fly away!
-Boost Drive (45RCP) -But we can boost it up further.
-Twin Tesla Drive (40RCP) -AND WE ARE SPEEDING ALONG.
-Energy Emission System (20RCP) -Wait, it utilizes the energy of the robot. ...the obscene magical energy I'm pouring in.

-Midseason Upgrade! (Free) -Converting the last 20RCP to MSP, for a total of 35.
-Midseason: Full Contact! (Free) -My T-Link System is even more badass now!
-Sliders (25MSP) -MORE BITS. MORE FUNNEL SHIT.
-Ancient Chinese Space Magic (0MSP) -Path of the Vermillion Bird! FIRE AND SPEED.
Dice Rolls: The Moon, 16 years old

...except for the mid-season upgrade, which the psychic control was buffed, more FUNNEHLS, and now the Sinanju MS is a giant fiery birb. As it should be.

Also, if is to be believed, then it isn't truly freeform and is actually a bad choice.

I'm not the guy who said that, but full reality warping generally means the breadth of power, not that you can literally laugh in Jumpchan's face and walk away from the chain at-will.

Narnia.

I assume Jesus-Lion will have some stern words for you.

>Mystic DC
Didn't the author just ditch that?

>Anything that doesn't give you omnipotence is a bad choice

Pretty sure he just said it was a WIP?

Inheritance magic can do basically anything, but the energy costs are both mundane and intensive.
However if you have enough power, you can do almost anything you can think of.
And it's dangerous, if you lose your focus while casting you could wipe out entire races.

>You can never do anything above planetary + with this magic system no matter how magically power you have
>actual freeform magic
Pick one.

Using the at will form of Inheritance magic is suicide, even the protagonist was called out a a blithering idiot for doing it just once even when it was a life or death situation.

There is no hard limit to heylin magic, it is just that the most powerful user's best feat was planet wide conquest and terraforming with the wave of her hand.

None of the natives of that setting were Jumpers with stacked willpower and multitasking perks.
It's entirely possible for a properly geared Jumper to use the at will form with little to no danger.

>overhyping how dangerous it is this much
You also aren't allowed to use that magic system as anything but a talky-wordy type magic by jumpchain fiat, because...I don't know why.

that's why you wait until the MC learns the name of the language and learn it from him/his half brother, because the name of the language controls... ALL THE THINGS and is basically At-Will instead of Language-based

Some jumpers have literal complete and total control over their own thoughts. There's basically no danger to using it that way, but see That method is locked by a jump maker ruling.

No you are blocked from getting the true name of the magic language, which would let you use the uber dangerous at will form of magic without the risks.

fair enough.
what other Free-form magic systems are there though?

>Planetary+ AT BEST
>not a hard limit
So are you saying that guy was lying then?

user, if your definition of "free form" magic is casual multiversal reality warping, then no. That isn't available in the chain.

The strongest displayed feats were preformed by Wuya the most powerful heylin witch of all time, even Chase Young the evil mary sue with hundreds of years of practice was never able to match her.

It isn't a hard limit but that user wasn't wrong, it is wildly unrealistic to go very far beyond Wuya's level or even reach it for that matter and her strongest feat only covered the earth and the moon.

Elder Scrolls?
I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim, because I'm a pleb, but in Oblivion there was a way to write your own spells.

Darksiders has a Drop-In super-Capstone that says that you could learn to 'forge magic spells from ideas of the mind' after many years of practice.

Freeform mean it can do whatever given enough power you stupid fucking idiot.

If you peak out in scale at any point, be it at city level, or planet level, given infinite mana, it isn't freeform magic.

It also can't have any limitations of structure, and must be entirely will based, with no limitations on capability given infinite mana.

There are tons of perks that increase your magical power though

So i figured out why my computer was running slow. I had 55.3 gb of junk in my recycle bin.

Jump coming soon.

Those don't clearly don't count though in any discussion about what the limits of a magic system are. Nope.

>Making a jump out of junk
You absolute madman.

I think what he's doing is basically bait, like the reality warper argument from a while ago. He presents a situation, waits for anons to try and answer, then goes out of his way o insultingly argue why those anons are wrong and what they offered is useless.

(Circle of Magic)
-Background: Namornese Noble (900CP) -Always be awesome.
-Ambient Magic: Green (Free) -SUPERB PLANT MEDICINES.
-Great Mage (300CP) -And plenty of oomph!
-Overlooked by the White God (Free) -I guess I'm that good?
-Magic Steps (100CP) (Discount) -OBLIGATORY APPEARANCE PERK.
-The Magic in Weaving (-200CP) (Discount) -Oh. Oh this kind of skill is nice.
-Fine Clothes, Good Boots (Free) -Good outfits!
-Moneybag (Free) -And some nice cash.
-Iron Rose (-400CP) -Plants that can grow metal is awesome.
-Shakkan Tree (-600CP) -Some magic trees are fun!
-Namornese Politics (-600CP)
-Exiled (-500CP)
-Trangshi (-300CP)
-Pirates (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Sotet, 13 years old

Once again, NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. Fuck thread magic, though.

I guess I'm just a wandering botanist? At least I'll be able to strengthen up my plants and be gorgeous as hell while doing it.

Impressive.

Well if that is what you want get Scarlet Destiny, via the manipulation of probability you can achieve anything you want if you feed the power enough mana. It is technically possible for ANYTHING to happen at any time so with enough power you can do ANYTHING with it.

Yes and you'll probably need them to get close to Wuya's level in the first place.

In that case, just take any endjump. Or don't, and just autospark.

Oh wow I didn't realize that there was an official definition of that term anywhere, could you post a link to its dictionary entry?

CleanUp user, some Incredibles questions for when you get back.

Since Drop-In, Designer, and Villain get 300CP for items, are Super and Super Kid meant to get 300CP for powers?

Is the distance Elasti-Jumper lets you stretch your total, or how far each limb can stretch?

Can Companions buy things like Nomanisan, Edna Complex, or the security upgrades that can be applied to the warehouse?

Why do you have to pay for the Team Costumes when imports get a suit of their own?

Would the Designer capstone let you 'upgrade' costumes or do you need to make them from scratch?

Sweet, Cats, thanks.

>Since Drop-In, Designer, and Villain get 300CP for items, are Super and Super Kid meant to get 300CP for powers?
Not the maker, but I'm pretty sure that the 300 CP was supposed to be compensation for not getting any power discounts, so Supers and their kids don't get free powers.

Well Heylin Magic doesn't run off of normal mana, dumbass. Most people use a less autistic definition of freeform than you.

If that's what you want, get Discworld or Dresden magic, those can theoretically do anything with enough power. They're just a lot less versatile unless you are actually stuffing completely improbabe amounts of magical energy in them.

The jump document says that you can reach that level just through training though.

Are 'Throwing Daggers' or 'Vault Stun' part of the Wraith ability tree?

Hey Bancho, I don't know why you deleted your case, but sure. I mean, you're just getting a fiat copy, anyway though, not the actual canon house, which will still exist.

post*

If you're a Toon, and not just a regular person who took Toon Physicist, then you could probably get away with that.

That would be fair, but Drop-In, Designer, and Villain still get item discounts, so they get CP and discounts, while Super/Kids get just discounts.

>Autospark
You know that's not really a thing right?

(Phantasy Star Online: Episodes 1 & 2)
-Background: Ship Staff (950CP) -Let's get down to business.
-Race: Newman (Free) -EEEEEELF.
-??? (Free) -Oh boy oh boy, time to understand things.
-For Those In Need (750CP) (Discount) -MEDIC'S HERE.
-Walk Towards The Light (450CP) (Discount) -And understanding this world's tech.
-Evolution of Form (250CP) -Awwwww YISS.
-Infection Immunity (Free) -Well this is nice.
-Meseta (200CP) -And a bit of starting budget.
-D-Cells (-400CP) -DON'T JUDGE ME.
-Wary (-300CP)
-Maimed (-200CP)
-Aggro (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Pioneer II

>D-Cells
>apparently part of some weird twisted thing
>huh, this seems kind of dangerous, but maybe we can stabilize it
>I mean we've got some Bydo tissue, Gourmet Cells, oh hey we still have JENOVA cells lying around here... maybe start messing that in with the Evangelion creation process, find a stable base. Though the new Infested Strain and the Resident Evil virus could help...
>...wait this is going to explode in my face isn't it
>I better wait on this
And that's when I learned that sometimes, just because you WANT something doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it.

It's an extrapolation of the term you stupid fuck. What else could it mean?

Would you classify a magic system with inherent structural limitations that you need preparation to use that simply can't do certain things and no matter what can never do any thing bigger than house sized explosions, as being a 'freeform' magic system? You wouldn't.

What constitutes a 'freeform' magic system then? Something that doesn't heed restrictions of scale or range ability given the appropriate amounts of magical power. If you restrict it's range in absolute terms to a small scale, it wouldn't be freeform, now would it? And if you restrict its range of ability by limitations of structure or potential, its not exactly freeform, is it?

What other definition or standard of freeform can even fucking exist? You call Harry Potter magic freeform by those retarded standards, or D&D for that matter, and they sure as fuck aren't.

Neat, thanks.

Reposting for anyone who missed it!

Does it? I can't seem to find the jump at the moment so I'll take your word for it but that seems rather strange.

Fuck off powerwankers. We don't need to facilitate your shitposting.

You must be busy with school starting.

Freeform would mean that you freely maniplate mana to create desired effects on the spot instead of relying on pre-created spells, imo

>imo
Why isn't this trash filtered.