Exalted General - /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Good ol' Black edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/19K9vZUwvE6sWyxTivwXN7VEs4WMnyG5ZjMv5Gbj7U34/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1k1sZSSx99AnOGMxHGW3Bd3nqU6aBomSZTQphX8QHqyM/edit#heading=h.yefkw2ok1p9k
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/944142-up-to-date-ex3-charm-trees
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/881714-a-clutch-of-dragons-hub-thread.
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/944569-does-element-resisting-prana-let-you-breathe-underwater,
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HEY GUYS WANT TO TALK ABOUT MY HOMEBREW SYSTEM?
docs.google.com/document/d/19K9vZUwvE6sWyxTivwXN7VEs4WMnyG5ZjMv5Gbj7U34/edit?usp=sharing

No.

I've clearly become bored, or at least playing Fantasy Maiden Wars has had too great an effect on me.

docs.google.com/document/d/1k1sZSSx99AnOGMxHGW3Bd3nqU6aBomSZTQphX8QHqyM/edit#heading=h.yefkw2ok1p9k

The Distortion Dial, an Ever Useful 'Shuriken' Belt with the powers/themes of time manipulation.

More like homebrewing edition, it seems

If I'm looking to build a hulking, tanky as all hell defender of my party, what's the best route to take: martial arts (crane? snake?) or melee? I'm already looking at the Resistance tree, and the merits Giant and Pain Tolerance.

Insufficient information, wait for more splatbooks and munchkins to break the system.

I'd say something like Heavy Armour + Maxed White Reaper Halos + Skin of Bronze Control effect.

How would you build an artifact familiar?

Wasn't this discussed in the last thread? I think the consensus was D20 is bad and you should feel bad.

Crane or Snake styles aren't exactly "hulking". More graceful evasion or well-timed parries. I think you should look at Resistance, Melee (Defend Other tree), Invulnerable Skin of Bronze, Incomparable Body Arsenal and White Reaper Style.

Any release dates so far?

If there were, would you believe them?

"Sometime before the heat death of the universe."

for what? The corebook has been released.

It'll still be delayed

Someone one the OPP forum created charm trees that include the backer files.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/944142-up-to-date-ex3-charm-trees

Do we know who created the charmtree images in our OP? 'Cause there's a few mistakes and it could do with updating too.
Plus they're a lot neater-looking than those bulky pdfs.

These look pretty bad, and such an awkward format.

new guy to Exalted. Looking through different editions. Were Yozis removed from 3rd Ed? If the answer is YES can someone explain why?

wait for the pamphlet

No, they were not removed from 3e, though they have been significantly backgrounded.

No, they weren't removed, they're just getting less emphasis so the actual Demons in Hell can get more.

"Yozi" is literally mentioned repeatedly throughout 3e core, dude.

>"Yozi" is literally mentioned repeatedly throughout 3e core

Yes but not Infernals. Also it was weird for me because in the core all the standard exalted were presented except Yozis. And they put those new "dead/undead." exalted type. So it felt like they were replaced or removed.

Also what is the point of those new dead exalted?

>Yes but not Infernals. Also it was weird for me because in the core all the standard exalted were presented except Yozis. And they put those new "dead/undead." exalted type. So it felt like they were replaced or removed.
Infernals have never been in the core before.

>Also what is the point of those new dead exalted?
What is the point of anything in this game?

They serve as fodder for plots, and give a specific, defined result to "your attempt to resurrect the dead fails" other than boringly fizzling out. Al and Ed try to bring back their mom but create a Liminal instead.

As much as I like Infernal and Alchemicals (who are also not present), those probably aren't _standard_ - they've always been (almost) entirely unknown to Creation. I am, though, of the opinion, that they should have been listed - most likely, writers still don't have an idea as to their final concept for 3e.
There is definitely an Alchemical and, almost certainly, an Infernal on the art after the listing of Exalted types. Probably also a Getimian, which also don't have a full description.

As to the Liminals... Honestly, I like them more than Abyssals, conceptually. Maybe I'll just throw the latter out or make them a kind of subtype - those Liminals, who surrendered/were suborned by the Deathlords and Neverborn.

>As to the Liminals... Honestly, I like them more than Abyssals, conceptually. Maybe I'll just throw the latter out or make them a kind of subtype - those Liminals, who surrendered/were suborned by the Deathlords and Neverborn.
I think you'd lose a lot by doing that. Someone who is offered a second chance at life, power and revenge or other uninished business at death's door can be cool, and is pretty different from what Liminals are thematically and in terms of plothooks. On the other hand, maybe you could just broaden the scope of people eligible or Infernal Exaltation. That's probably work out okay without the loss of (m)any potential stories or characters.

Totally not just trying to find something to say in order to keep the thread alive, but what do you guys think of the unfinished DB homebrew on the OPP froum? think it's been mentioned in these threads before, but I don't recall seeing any in-depth discussion on it. I'd be interested in hearing Veeky Forums's opinions. Here's the link for those who aren't familair with it beforehand: forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/881714-a-clutch-of-dragons-hub-thread.

My night caste has a daiklave. It has no name and no evocations at present. I'm thinking of awakening it and getting some personalized ones, possibly by dipping it into a well of unobtainium or some other rituals. Please shout ideas at me, and shout at my ideas, they're currently an unbalanced grab bag of jank:

-Panoply of Discretion: Upgrades the Solar's knowledge of Summoning the Loyal Steel. The daiklave can now be summoned and banished Elsewhere at no mote cost and without lifting the commitment to Summoning the Loyal Steel while that charm is active, and up to four other handheld objects may be stored Elsewhere alongside it.

-I Have No Blade: While the daiklave is Elsewhere, the Solar has a +2 bonus to Guile for purposes of denying that he holds or possesses any particular item or has recently done so. ("No idea what you're talking about, officer. I certainly do not have a greatsword, illegal narcotics, or a forged writ. Never seen such a thing.")

-Hidden Heart-Cut: Attacks supplemented by this evocation leave no externally visible wound and will never cause the victim to bleed out, but have an increased difficulty to treat for accelerated recovery. The Solar can sense the approximate location of each character injured with this evocation until they have been fully healed.

-Caught in the Reflection: The Solar rerolls 3s on Awareness rolls. (Supplemental to roll? Duration? Permanent?)

-Meeting Many Enemies Practice: The daiklave gets +2 Accuracy when fighting an enemy of a different class from the last enemy the Solar fought. This only applies to proper enemies - if the Solar most recently fought a hostile god, the weapon will give no bonus for striking down a wild deer, nor will striking down a wild deer give a bonus if the Solar then fights another god.

Is having no name just because you haven't thought of one, or is it part of the daiklave's themes? Because I think a blade that defies the chains of name, definition and legend might be pretty cool, appropriate for a Night Caste, and lead to interesting Evocations. Some of your ideas are already appropriate for this, particularly I Have No Blade. In general, Evocations that work by obscuring the nature of the bade somehow might be appropriate. Making attacks unexpected under certain conditions, being able to just plain walk on the street with a daiklave without raising any eyebrows, stuff like that.

Those effects feel pretty thematic for Nights, good job.

I haven't thought of one yet, but I could throw that into the themes.

I like it, can't wait to see it finished. Already using it on some NPCs

Has it been working okay in practice? Are the Charms about okay in terms of power and usefulness?

So, social combat this edition. I read through it, and it seems... A little overcomplicated? Social combat in 2e felt really, really overpowered, but it seems like they had a knee jerk reaction and went the other direction with it. It seems like it's too much trouble to convince anyone of anything.

It doesn't seem HARD, though, is the biggest issue. Unless the target is also social specced, it seems to me like the whole process is just delaying the inevitable for a Zenith or Eclipse caste Solar. Long and arduous, but with a foregone conclusion. Any thoughts on this? I haven't read any of the charms yet, so I don't know if I'm missing pieces of the puzzle that would make this better.

So far, yeah. It also makes me want to play DBs...

It may be a foregone conclusion, if the social Solar and his target are in a white room, with nothing working against whatever the Solar is trying to do. In my exoerience the social system works pretty well. It isn't really all *that* complicated, and however things might work out for a Solar with unlimited time and no distractions, in practice there is enough challenge in social interactions. This is based on a single campaign with around ten sessions and more focus on social stuff than combat.

Good. I'm also itching to play a DB, and even as a potential ST I have a higher chance of getting players for a DB game than a Solar game. I'm getting a bit impatient waiting for the DB book, so depending on its progress I might try running a game with the homebrew.

The idea that there's just no way to simply plant an idea in someone's head and have it at least make them question things outside of a charm is more what I'm complaining about here. This is all based on what I read in preliminary, so correct me on any misconceptions, but I can't just say, "The neighboring ruler was looking at your wife for a moment longer than he needed, wasn't he?", I have to make it go with one of their Intimacies that already exist. Or I can't say to a peasant, "the realm's been pushing hard lately, hasn't it", and have any results if that peasant has no connection to the realm whatsoever. What if they have no intimacies that could be even slightly related to what you're trying to do? Can you simply not convince them of anything, since you can't just spin a new intimacy out of nothing? Surely this peasant can be convinced to care about being taxed a little more than before. Perhaps the game expects me to start with another one that cares a little more, but give players time and they'll find a way this simply doesn't work.

Again, if I'm wrong about not being able to create new intimacies without exploiting one that already exists, please tell me.

You are wrong. Instill action, page 215, creates intimacies.

You can always instill minor intimacies without using existing intimacies.

Anbd then you pump up that intimacy into a bigger one that you can exploit more easily. Got it. Thanks.

But are they within shouting distance of balance? I'm still learning what level 3e plays at.

They seem thematically disconnected, like you grabbed them from a collection of different artifacts. Panoply of Discretion/I Have No Blade fit together well enough, but Hidden Heart-Cut, Caught in the Reflection, and Meeting Many Enemies Practice seem like they come from different artifacts from both those two, and each other.

Meeting Many Enemies Practice seems like it might be a little overpowered. Well... hmm. It's like ES, I guess, for withering-only and with some conditionals but free, so it's probably fine.

Huh, I would have thought Hidden Heart-Cut at least had a clear connection: it's the "I never shanked anyone" followup to "I never brought a giant shanker". People are just experiencing unfortunate internal pains and dying of mysterious causes, certainly not leaving a blood trail and a nasty wound from a recent spate of shankings.

But yeah, the other two are a grab bag, that's what I get for building as much to the Solar as to the weapon. The idea behind Caught in the Reflection is to see people coming before they see you, so it has at least a tangential connection to the stealth involved in the rest, but Meeting Many Enemies Practice is only an evocation at all because I figured it would be even _more_ disconnected from any Solar charm tree.

Can someone link the home brewed Symphogear artifact armor?
My Night could absolutely use it and it sounds amazing as a goal for her to earn.

Would you guys like me to start adding it to the character sheet in the OP? I've mostly completed importing Sidereals. Wondering what else will take up my time next.

sure. It's definitely better than the sid homebrew

Well that's good to hear, I'll start working on it in the next day or so.

I was bored and made an artifact blade for an antagonist. With some evocations that will probably give my players some trouble if they try using it. Thoughts so far?

I was reading through the Sidereals homebrew and in the Abilities chapter it mentions this:

>Finally, after dividing up these Ability dots, select four Specialities for your character- fields of study or focus within an Ability that help to define them.

I'm not sure I understand what it means or how it works, and it's only mentioned in this parapgraph.

Am I retarded or what?

Those people were retards, as it doesn't use the d20 system.

A specialty is something like Melee (Swords) or Presence (Being friendly).

How would you guys play a character with Awareness Supernal?
Which charms should they shoot for early on?
What are useful Join Battle enhancers to pick up on the side if your focus is more on being perceptive than getting the huge Initiative boost?
If someone has Unsurpassed (Sense) Disciplines turned on all the time, how does that work in play, and how do the player and ST handle it?

Oh fuck shit, I'm an idiot, I should go to sleep, long day.

>Which charms should they shoot for early on?
Unsurpassed Hearing and Touch has mostly narrative effects, but those narrative effects are fucking crazy.
>What are useful Join Battle enhancers to pick up on the side if your focus is more on being perceptive than getting the huge Initiative boost?
Pretty much everything that makes you more perceptive will improve your Join Battle rolls, so whatever looks good.
>If someone has Unsurpassed (Sense) Disciplines turned on all the time, how does that work in play, and how do the player and ST handle it?
By... giving them relevant information? Not sure what you mean.

Was gonna shoot for Unsurpassed Hearing and Touch Discipline as well as Unsurpassed Sight Discipline, with Dedicated Unerring Ear and BWONG Lightouse Eyes too.
I intend to play a scout and spymaster, doing a lot of infiltration jobs myself through Stealth, while having a group of spies reporting to me in other locations. So I want these for the Intel I can gather.

Okay I'll just grab those and leave the other paths alone, not that worried about JB unless there was a stupidly good option to pick up.

>Not sure what you mean.
I mean how does your ST handle a player that constantly detects incredibly detailed information from far away, in a manner human beings find it difficult to assume?
With those charms up indefinitely and 10 dice, how do you and your ST understand your passive sensory range to be?
Is there a way to not piss your ST off about the restriction on traditional surprises and hidden people in their stories?

Also I'm not taking Smell or Taste because that sense library bullshit looks dumb as hell to deal with and use.

>nd BWONG Lightouse Eyes too.
Don't worry too much about EotUCS right now; it's a very specialty tool that you can afford to let wait until later.

>I mean how does your ST handle a player that constantly detects incredibly detailed information from far away, in a manner human beings find it difficult to assume?
Generally by not giving the full flood. Just pass on information that's useful or interesting, maybe with little details to help illustrate the character's super senses.

I played a character with basically the same degree of super-senses in M&M, and it really only came up when it was important or when I was stunting about whatever my character was up to.

It was just assumed that, yeah, she was listening to the entire city's worth of conversations, but none of it was important unless he or I decided to single out a particular conversation.

>With those charms up indefinitely and 10 dice, how do you and your ST understand your passive sensory range to be?
Don't think of it in terms of solid ranges, really.

>Is there a way to not piss your ST off about the restriction on traditional surprises and hidden people in their stories?
Not really? He just kind of has to accept that an ambush needs supernatural backing to even kind-of surprise you, just like he has to accept that an attacker needs supernatural backing to make the Dawn even bother rolling Join Battle.

Thanks, hopefully I can use this to help pull off a very useful stealthed scout always with my party and keeping an eye out for danger or useful intel.

Now what's the deal with Awakening Eye? What is my actual total roll?
5 Wits + 5 Awareness +10 dice Wits+Awareness Excellency, +10 dice Perception+Awareness Excellency = 30d10? Costing the normal 10m excellency, plus 5m1wp for the charm?

You just get the 10 dice, the dice caps are still a thing. You gain the amount of dice you would from invoking a full Perception+Awareness Excellency which can be at most 10d10 like you said.

But that uses up all your dice cap but at a far cheaper rate, with the dice trick on the 10s.

>Now what's the deal with Awakening Eye? What is my actual total roll?

Your total roll is Wits + Awareness + Perception + Awareness, which comes out of your Wits + Awareness dicecap, for 5m+1wp. So if your Wits is bigger than your Perception, you can add more dice, but if it's smaller, you won't get the full Per+Awe total.

Ah, thanks. 1wp for 5dice seems a bit steep for such a valuable resource, is the reroll effect worth it?

1wp for 5m is a pretty good conversion rate in your favor, and yeah the 10s generating rerolls is pretty nice, especially if you have Unsurpassed and Sensory Acuity Prana up, that gives you reroll 6s and double 9s which gives each dice more individual power.

Actually, what is the mechanical effect of Unsurpassed Sight Discipline?

If you mean in terms of "hard mechanical benefits" as opposed to "new uses for Awareness," the only effect is this:
>In zero visibility environments—such as a silt cloud in the belly of a sunken ship—she sees as if she were in a dense fog, using the rules of Keen Sight Technique.

Meaning you never have worse visibility conditions than "dense fog," even if you're in a mineshaft filled with coal dust during Calibration.

I mean what will Unsurpassed allow me to do that Keen and my high dice pool didn't allow me before it?
I wish Awareness had a feat list like Athletics, it's so hard to parse the tiers of these feats.

Well, for one, Keen Sight only extended your "sees tiny details" out to 100 yards or so; Unsurpassed Sight makes it a mile.

You're right, yeah that's a much clearer benefit, thank you.

Does calibration count as a Season for charms that refresh every season?

Calibration isn't considered part of the year, magically speaking, so probably not.

But in the interests of making Calibration a time where things go ultra-hinky, you've inspired me to rule the other way at my own table.

This is bait you morons

So I posted awhile back but I didn't get to follow up on it. I'm playing in a 2e game as a Solar focusing on building a priest/monk kind of build. I'm looking for advice on custom athletics and resistance charms in the theme of Glorious Temple Body, Invincible Essence Reinforcement, and Unparalleled Acumen Meditation. Permanent and Indefinite Charms to improve my PC in long term ways. Any ideas?

If an NPC is suspicious of something true that a PC said, do they need to roll Read Intentions against the PC's Guile to see that they're being honest?
Can a character choose to let down their Guile to show honesty, just like how you don't have to beat their Resolve if they're not resisting the influence?
Added to that, can you drop any of your defences in that way, can you let an attack hit you, let someone win a contested action etc?

I don't think it should be possible to let down your Guile to show honesty by letting Read Intentions automatically succeed, otherwise you quickly get into the situation where _not_ letting down your Guile implies you're lying and then the point of Guile is kinda gone.

But people in setting don't actually know whether you're "using" your Guile or not. They just know whether they think they can figure out your thoughts, motivations and sincerity or not.

That only helps if PCs are the only ones able to refrain from using Guile, otherwise the problem still exists in setting.

To be honest I don't let characters choose to lower their Resolve, either, if they have even one Intimacy that would go against the influence. I like that "stubborn god-king" way of things.

For the same reason, I wouldn't let a character lower their Guile if their truthfulness was in any significant doubt; gives a little extra teeth to those Integrity Charms that let someone automatically know that, yes, you really do feel that way.

Defense or intentionally failing an opposed roll, yeah I guess I could see that.

Exalted olympics (Meruics?)

Doable?

Sure, why not. There probably are athletic competitions meant for the Dragon-Blooded already.

Doesn't this create a problem where a character that's good at Socialising is bad at being believed if telling the truth, but good if lying?
Should a Read Intentions give a "seems true" result if you fail to beat their Guile on a lie, or if it's a factual statement, regardless of their Guile?
That's just for people that are suspicious of it. If the character wants to be believed they should roll Manipulation for a lie, twisting of words or deceit, and roll Charisma if it's a sincere belief, regardless of whether it's about being nice (such as Intimidation when you have an army)?

If they have conflicting Intimacies, you could just have them roll limit as normal, provided it makes sense in character that they let their guard down by choice, yet can still be stubborn for others.

OK, lemme try to give a fuller explanation of my position.

Here's how I would run it:
>telling the truth, Read Intentions works (low Guile): "he means it"
>telling lies, Read Intentions works: "he's lying to get you to XX"
>telling the truth, Read Intentions fails (high Guile): "you can't tell"
>telling lies, Read Intentions fails: "you can't tell"
In this situation, "you can't tell" is ambiguous and there's actual hidden information.

In the situation where you could drop your Guile when telling the truth, the above four situations would collapse into three:
>telling the truth, Read Intentions works: "he means it"
>telling lies, Read Intentions works: "he's lying to get you to XX"
>this case disappears when you can lower your Guile at will
>telling lies, Read Intentions fails: "you can't tell"

and now "you can't tell" means "he's lying and he's good at lying", because that's the only case where you can't tell. So you CAN tell.

If I understand your latest suggestion right, it goes something like this:
>telling the truth, Read Intentions works: "seems true"
>telling lies, Read Intentions works: "he's lying"
>telling the truth, Read Intentions fails: "seems true"
>telling lies, Read Intentions fails: "seems true"

which I suppose could work, but now the intentions have kinda fallen out of Read Intentions, and you've also lost what I thought was a nice side effect of being an honest simpleton with shitty Guile: people can no longer tell when you're telling the truth, as in case 1 of the first example.

If I've misunderstood, please describe how you'd resolve each of the four cases I sketched out, and look at the possible outcome classes. Those are what have been driving my thoughts on this.

Instead of always going "you can't tell" on a failed Read Intentions, you can also provide misleading information. Whether you can willingly drop Guile or not only matters from a player perspective - I mean, for people in the setting "you can't tell" still means that they actually can't tell - and it is something that's best addressed by the ST rethinking the way he describes things.

Read Intentions isn't for discerning whether a statement is true, or if the target believes it, that's what the Charisma or Manipulation influence vs Resolve roll is for. Read Intentions is to find out what their motive and agenda is in this situation, why they're telling you this.
If you want to scare peasants out of a building because an Anathema is gonna tear through and destroy the place, your intention is to get them to leave for their own safety. You can roll to tell them the truth and they'll flee the Anathema, or you can say there's a fire and roll to lie. In either case, someone Reading Intentions would show that you're not doing this to rob their stuff or lure them into a trap. So if you have good intentions toward your target, having a high Guile shouldn't fuck you over.

"You can't tell" is a valid response, including misleading information if you failed. But Exalted assumes transparency and the player will know if this bumfuck farmer has 7 guile and rolled 20dice on them, they still gotta act in character for what they were told.

Hold on a moment, guys, is there even a mechanic in 3e for determining whether a person is lying at all?

I know there was in 2e, but the 2e mechanic for it wasn't ported, and I don't see a new one. Ctrl-f "lying" turns up only
> a -5 penalty might represent trying to convince someone to do something when he knows you're lying
and ctrl-f "truth" turns up only
> he will be powerless to defy the truth he hears in Naya's words
There's nothing for "true" or "lies" at all.

Nope, you just roll to lie with a different Attribute than if you were telling the truth. The difference is using Read Intentions vs Guile to discern whether their motives are honest or deceptive.

Judge's Ear Technique does detect lies though.

I seem to recall some discussion on the Element Resisting Prana and how it actually works in these threads. OPP forum is having some discussion on it right now here forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/944569-does-element-resisting-prana-let-you-breathe-underwater, and Vance expressed his own view on the matter, so there is at least semi-official clarification on the Charm for those who are interested.

Thanks, I agree that it covers all ancillary problems for those environments, especially breathing underwater.

What do people think of the naval combat system?

Super meh.

It doesn't vomit razor blades at you or anything, but it 1) tries to be as fully-fleshed as real combat system but also 2) doesn't give the rest of the party something to do.

If it was more like the strategic system, where you roll once and then you're done doing "War-dude only things," great.

If it was more like Rogue Traders' "everyone can do jobs on the ship even if they don't actually have Sail," great.

Right now it fits into a dumb middle ground.

>If it was more like Rogue Traders' "everyone can do jobs on the ship even if they don't actually have Sail," great.
Now I am curious, where can I learn more about this?

In... Rogue Trader? Head over to the Warhammer General, I'm sure they've got the RPGs linked somewhere.

It wasn't perfect, I don't think, but it had the right idea. The tech dude had Tech-Use stuff to roll, the commander dude had Command stuff to roll, the pilot had Pilot stuff to roll.

I'm working on my own Naval thing for Exalted in the same vein, though.

NICE.
STOLEN.
SENT TO GM.
GONNA SEE IF I CAN USE THIS IN GAME.

ACTUALLY SERIOUS QUESTION: WHAT ABILITY WOULD A EXALT USE TO PERFORM MAID TASKS?
ATHLETICS?
PERFORMANCE?
SOCIALIZE?
PRESENCE?
OR SHOULD IT JUST BE A CUSTOM ABILITY (MAID) BECAUSE I WILL HAPPILY BLOW EXTRA XP INTO BECOMING THE GREATEST MAID IN CREATION.

Craft (Cooking) is a must.

Otherwise Socialize to keep composure. Resistance if you want to be able work for far longer.

Cleaning wouldn't even be a roll in my opinion. You just spend the time and do it.

Oh, and if you want to fluff the speed advantage time manipulation gives you, Dodge and Athletics are musts. SSE can be fluffed where you stop time for an instant and just step out of the way casually before it restarts again. Stuff like that.

Here's a quick summary:

The crew of a ship in RT can perform as many actions a round as there are PCs, plus a few based on how well trained the crew are (normally three). Everyone can roll.

Every character class you can play in RT has something they can be good at that is relevant to naval combat. Skilled shooters can use that same skill to operate the guns. The techpriests can use the sensors to get more information (which is very handy, because if you can identify an enemy ship component then you can target it). A social character can boost morale, lead a defensive or offensive boarding action, or just act as a generic boost to something that's already happening. Everyone has something to roll.

You couldn't easily transplant it into Exalted. Some character concepts don't work so well with RT because RT tries to enable this. But it works very well for RT.

(As an example of restricting/engineering character options, every class that has proficiency in melee also has Command. Even in 40k, swords are useless at broadside range, so if you want to play a taciturn stabby character who doesn't have something to do when they can't hit things then you play that character somewhere else. No ninjas allowed unless they're also pilots. Hello, Dark Eldar mercenaries.)

Blech. I was hoping for at least an estimate of what quarter we can expect any new material. Even if the estimate would be a woefully inaccurate.

Sounds easy enough to port. The Tech Priest is the Twilight, the Pilot is the Eclipse, the Captain is the Dawn/Zenith.