Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Icewind Assault edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Frostlord on Stonehorn 460
Thundertusk Beastrider 320
Icebrow Hunter 160
Frost Sabres 120
Icefall Yhetees 120
Mournfang Pack 400

1580pts bundle, another Thundertusk for 2000pts tournament, what a great bundle.

Friendly reminder, no AoS release in August.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v355VB_WrZs&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7sgk7Tii5OZLsoFttP4dGdX&index=4
secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Order

The future's bright. The future is Sigmar.

That Stonehorn looks so fluffy

Sigmar bless us all. Order will not be denied the realm of life.

Is this week the final week of the global campaign or is next week?

It ends the 14th

I see that they have added Finns into the game.

käk

Thank you for giving me the theme for my beastclaws
kuusi palaa

hähähä

Repostan new WHW exclusive Errant-Questor for those interested.

Stated in the last thread, that is not the facial sculpt of a black man. That's a white man's head that was painted black

The first thing that came into my mind is that he looks Indian or middle eastern.

WE.

Indian Stormcasts. That's cool.

Age of Shitmar, people actually play shit nowadays?
What a time to be alive.

Nurgle seems like it'd fit more with an indian theme
Judging by the hair I'd guess it's supposed to echo one Julius Caesar, which would mean a mediterranian complexion and that the model was SUPPOUSED to be white

It also goes well with how flamboyant and over the top the setting is. Now we just need rules for random dancing.

Dancing WHILE doing kung-fu and juggling dynamite.

Go on then, tell us your obviously complex and reasonable reasons for disliking AoS.

Right, started building my darkling coven army and keeping them on square bases cos they look better in rank and file, however i have an advantage as a lot of my units have 2" range and so cant hit through rank and file, does this make me that guy?

Also i ain't putting the arms on until i paint the models because those shields are going to get in the way so much otherwise.

On a side note
Why does his loincloth thing look ultramarines in design? i mean i get those white things are meant to be twin tailed comets... but dang do they look like the ultramarine U sign with that colour scheme.

>Why does his loincloth thing look ultramarines in design?

The head looks like Rowboat Girlyman's too, just black.

>black dude

Or you could say blood angels?

Have the tumblrinas finally come for Warhammer?

Could be, but someone mentioned Roman style/Julius Caesar, and that's Ultramarines.

Uh oh, were going to get our piss kicked, guys.

Not too fond of the lack of helmet, but since Warhammer World is way out of my reach that's not much of an issue, I suppose.
Will just kitbash a Errant-Questor from leftover liberator bits with some paladin and prosecutor stuff thrown in.

>First for Order
>The future's bright.

I think you mean the future is BLACKED

There is nothing wrong with this model being black.

Paint yours white if you want, but diversity in the fluff is good.

We're purely mocking the fact that the sculpt has European features mate.

Knight-Minstrol

Again, there is nothing wrong with there being black characters, but the sculptor clearly intended this one to be white. he has the facial structure of a white guy

>Diversity is our strength!

I wonder who could be behind this post?

That's true. It does look weird.

Oy vey the goyim know.

>but diversity in the fluff is good.
Fuck off, it's neither good nor bad. By saying it's good you're already exposing yourself as racist since you obviously seem to care. Also, most of the mocking comes from the fact that the head is clearly not sculpted to look african. Black skin worked with the bloodreaver heads; it does not here.

Compare to the cleric in silver tower. that's a black dude with a black dude face. And other than the slight case of derp eyes the painter gave it it looks good!
This guy? Blackface taken to the extreme

>Earring

I didn't think Sigmar would employ la la homo boys.

Come to think of this, if someone DOES get this guy and paint him in literal blackface? 1000 (You)s to that person

diversity is their strength

btw sigmar is trans now and we're cancelling all references of an evil god of diversity ;^)

>diversity in the fluff is good.
Explain how.

How often did we have people wanting to see Nippon or Araby in Fantasy?

You need people that aren't white for that.

Diversity if is fine when done well
This isn't doing it well

Yep, I already said it looks weird. I'm just saying there's nothing inherently wrong with that guy being black, swap out the head and it'd be fine.

Still saw people complaining about that guy.

>simplifying the discontented audience as "just racist though"

Hooray for 2016.

I guess I should go and buy more Sigmarines now because they're such a politically correct and inclusive army.

I still swear to god its a woman.

It's a strong independent black woman and you better not mess with her.

with gw's track record on women's faces, yeah, I could see it.

>That's a white man's head that was painted black

Literally the only other explanation is that "he" is a short-haired ethnic tumblrina.

Don't assume xer gender user.

>mfw I post a few sjw style comments and this place gets really weird

Yep, the Silver Tower cleric was CLEARLY and unmistakeably sculpted to the correct ethnicity. This character (Male, Female or otherwise) is not.

>first game with my new Stormcast last night
>Lord-Celestant on Dracoth and Lord-Celestant on foot basically kill off half the Ironjawz force by themselves

Bash Brooooooos

Is there any AoS art with the Stormcast losing? I swear everything with them in it shows them beating the shit out of their opponent.

Check Flesh Eater courts, it has three Stormcast stories, all of which end with them getting unceremoniously mobbed to death by unarmed naked cannibals, and only one of which actually gives them even a shred of dignity in the process.

Do they have Hispanic Stormcast? Because if not Khorne is still the king of diversity with the way they painted the Bloodreavers in almost every skin hue imaginable.

Bleeding Rainbow.

At least the fluff is accurate. The last three games I played were vs Stormcast and my Flesh Eaters decimated them every time.

That don't look like no white man i've ever met. Warhammer Minis are so exaggerated that they can be any race for that mattter. Asian might be stretching it.

I do dislike the hair.

Thinking of starting flesh eaters. Can I have list?

I'm pretty sure that head was from one of the Blood angels sets

Back in the days of square bases I built my stegadon with an engine of the gods on its back. Was wondering if that's still decent, or if I should try cutting it off and attaching the blowpipes or big bow? I'd be running the army without summoning points, so would be running the risk of getting a useless result if I roll 14-17 on the EOTG table. Close combat wise it seems much of a muchness between the two variants.

I noticed some of the Militarum Tempetus scions have earrings as well. I think one of THEM has infiltrated the GW miniature design team.

Any tips for painting snowy tundra bases?

Get some ice shavings from your freezer and glue it to the base.

I will actually enjoy reading that. Sick to death of GW sales propaganda crowbarring them into everything. They're even in the fucking sylvaneth battletome

Why wouldn't they be? Stormcasts are central to the Sylvaneth story.

Polycement didn't work, should I try sellotape?

I'm drunk and I made a thing!

Is it any good?

And why are they central to their story?

To be the flawless supercool deus ex machina plot device.

It's just grating. You can't even have a factions background story without Stormcast being on the pedestal.

We get it GW, you want us to buy them. Ok. As if their rules weren't ridiculous and perfect enough.

>that nose shape
>that hair texture
Looks Indian

Make your own, you lazy tossa

>sjws have been hounding niche geek communities like this for years
>be surprised when people become uncomfortable when they start seeing it pop up in their safe spaces

DIE-DIE STORM-THING

Looks pretty good user. Where did you find the template for this?
Personally, the way AoS is made, I think GW should have a custom template ready, just open and fill in the blanks to make your very own special snowflake.

Oddly enough I used the Chaos Marauders warscroll because it was the only Slaves to Darkness one I could find with specifically two weapon types.

The actual Chaos Ogors warscroll was boring as shit and wasn't worth the digital paper it was printed on.

Fuck, Stormcasts get their asses kicked all over the place. Archaon literally just fucks with them, the flesh eaters kick the shit out of them, Nagash is full on "just as planning" them, and the Sylvaneth out awesome them and the Slann are just better then them.

Yeah they are the poster boys and Sigmar's bitches, but they lose almost as often as they win in the lore.

Does anyone have the Skrye warscroll battalion? I have searched high and low for it, but can only find tiny ass pictures.

>that is not the facial sculpt of a black man

lolwut? Of course it is.

There's nothing more thin-skinned than your average Veeky Forums rightist.

Rules of thumb:
-Horrors are better than Flayers.
-Take Horrors in squads of 6 to make sure your Courtiers can get to them.
-Ghouls look good on paper, but are really sort of traps due to large numbers bottlenecking attacks and reliance on Ghast Courtiers. Skeleton Horsemen strangely work better as a core tax.
-Only exception to the above is Ghoul Patrol in 2k+. Outflanking arty/self healing objective takers never gets old.
-Always take Ruler of the Night. Seriously.

My 1k list is:
King on T-bat (swap for Z-Dragon for more killiness), Cursed Book
6 horrors
Haunter Courtier
2x5 skeleton horsemen
1k even

Consider downgrading the T-bat to 2 kings and taking another 6 Horror+Courtier blob when you don't care for objectives.

Still trying to optimize a 1.5/2k list. Any Anons got ideas?

Those High-arched heads are for sword liberators?

Praise to Lord Duncan!

youtube.com/watch?v=v355VB_WrZs&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7sgk7Tii5OZLsoFttP4dGdX&index=4

Ok, thats good to hear. I will admit that I'm behind on the books.

I mean, I do understand the agenda to peddle the Stormcast when so many AoS players have pre-existing armies. I'm just fed up of these damn things being rubbed in my face.

-Lazy design
-Gay fluff
-Overcompensatory crunch

Thinking of starting another army after I finish my pestilens army. Here are my options:
-Nurgle
-Ironjawz
-Flesh eater courts
-Moonclan Grots

First this, then a glaze of 50% Guilliman Blue, 50% Lahmian Medium, then dry-brush white.

Oo, look, someone who wasn't here for the shitstorm the dark-skinned Bloodreavers unleashed.

Moonclan grots.

Nurgle is too much like pestilence unless you want to combine them sometimes.

Iron Jawz are amazging, nice models.

Flesh Eater Courts are pretty good.

But come on man, Moonclan grots nigga.

>the dark-skinned Bloodreavers
They were thematically appropriate, sculpted accordingly and from an army which could legitimately recruit any variety of people.

Not half as significant as the implications given by the first revealed Stormcast face.

It's not even the first face. The Stardrake rider has an helmet, but it doesn't cover his white maybe slightly tanned? It's difficult to say with all that gold face

what's the implication?

The implication that the Stormcast are all black.

I'd always imagined something, y'know, less mundane like gold or blue skin with magic glowing eyes or something celestial..

If you want nice looking snow, the best way I've found is to use Woodland Scenic's Soft Flake Snow mixed with an equal amount of PVA.

I bought a large contained on amazon for 15 quid and it's going to last me a long time. The following link will show you the results you can get.

secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=6

Hey! The Errant Questor is a -DING

Why is that the implication?

As explained here there can't even be that implication, since it's not even the first Stormcast with his face shown

I see what you did there

Derpdrake rider wears deathmask mate.

>TFW still no new Tomb Kings