Is anybody even a bit hyped for the upcoming witcher RPG?

Is anybody even a bit hyped for the upcoming witcher RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/2016/07/08/witcher-dev-note-6-life-path/
mediafire.com/folder/4yp0nryi0o7na/Witcher_-_A_Game_of_Imagination
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't even know there was one coming.

No. The Witcher is just a typical fantasy rpg universe.

Talsorian Games is developing it, and I have very high hopes for them.
Have their blog:
rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/2016/07/08/witcher-dev-note-6-life-path/

Seconded.

Also seconded.

No

Could be interesting, at least settingwise i'm sold. I hope they wont make it just another wow clone with a different skin.

According to what they wrote it's gonna be more like cyberpunk 2020

No, I'm more interested in new IPs than adapted settings.

I've been wishing for a new edition (and traslated one) of the "The Witcher A Game Of Imagination" but I've been pretty hayped about the news since it came out around a couple of years ago.

I do have some problems with how CDPR handles the lore, especially in the details that regard the geography of the world, monsters and few main characters designs (some times Geralt included) but I'm still confident it will the shit.

I hoping to get a cool combat system like 5e, decently straight foward and that they don't overdue magic, since the Witcher saga is actually a low fantasy saga with some few istances of high fantasy where magic does get pretty impactful, but it is not as much in the everyday life like it is for example in the DnD.
We will see I guess, hopefully they don't screw up the races.

>The Witcher A Game Of Imagination
Here you go:
mediafire.com/folder/4yp0nryi0o7na/Witcher_-_A_Game_of_Imagination

Yeah. Even if the system turns out to be shit, there will most likely be good lore information that can be salvaged to another system.

That doesn't make any sense as a sentence.
Also the lore lends itself really well to more "realistic" modules like the Warhammer Fantasy tabletop RPG.
Since GoT and The Witcher do share SOME similarities, especially when it comes to how much more realistic politics work in thos worlds instead of the other various fantasy lore and since there's a succeful homebrew for GoT i don't see how it couldn't work for The Witcher.

It IS going to be like CP2020, which is the main reason why I'm not hyped.
I mean I fucking LOVE CP2020, since it was my first RPG and what not, but I'm also in love with the Game of Imagination crunch and all I need is a good English translation combined with minor fixes here and there.

Instead I will receive a class-based game with really shitty magic system and so-so combat going by the materials released so far.

Also Dragons, they really fucked up the estethics of Dragons and wyvern in the the witcher game series, where instead they supposed to be much more similar to the metallic dragons from DnD, excepts maybe for the golden drgaons.
I reallyw ish the will revamp the looks of them and their size, but I'm not that hopeful for that, even in the gwent game they's still look like Saskia's dragon form.

Why not pick the one from Game of Imagination? It's the one everyone have been using ever since, including vidya, since it was the first and last collection of all bits of lore from books and coherent expansion over them.

Just ask some Polish user to translate it, it's roughtly 60 pages plus another 60 pages of suplements

>mediafire.com/folder/4yp0nryi0o7na/Witcher_-_A_Game_of_Imagination
I do have that but it not finished.

>they supposed to be much more similar to the metallic dragons from DnD
From which part of your ass are you pulling this? Because the book dragons are absolutely "normal" European take on dragons, as Sapkowski is obsessed with medieval representation of dragon.

Well, there was an attempt to translate it by anons I think. But that stopped at some point. So that's why. If someone gets around translating it, I'll gladly take it. But I think the CDPRPG will come out before that happens. So I'll use that.

Crunch is. And I've used translator to get stats for monsters. Everything else I already know from books and vidya.

First of all, calm the fuck down with the passive aggressiviness, second of all, Geralt specifically explains that there are tiers of species f dragons, which are, green, brown, reddish and then golden.
And that you never kill a Dragon because they're an endagered species.

What's good about that old game?

I guess it uses the Books instead of mixing the videogames with the books as lore, so it's sligtly more canon.
Also it seems a solid system.

You already cited how it is basically more of the same of other games in your own post.

>I play fantasy games for the politics

I would hate to play with you.

Wtf are you even talking about?
And where did I say that I play RPGs for the politics?
I mean if you really want to shitpost at leats try harder.

It's not the same as other rpgs, it has similarities like any fantasy lore does with any other fantasy lore.

I DM my own homebrew world I barely cite how politics work in my world.
The again, you sound like you would love to whine about anything and look bored all the time I guess I too would despise having you as a player lmao.

>I won it in a card game: the tabletop game.
Why would I want gwent+ ?

I am Johnny its ok

I literally though it was just some DnD universe.

>Tiers
You mean species, you mongoloid?
What fucked-up translation were you reading?

no no, isn't the author a slav or something?
This is Dungeons & Slavs, or Dark Hereslavesty, maybe Slav World, or Squat Trader, or perhaps it was 3.5 Slavfinder, or was it Slavrunner? Eclipse Squat? Shadowslav, Delta Slav

Call of Slav

Slav punk 1272

>not Savage Slavs
squat/10

Class-less, level-less game
Uses d6 and nothing else
No dice buckets (when GM rolls more than 4 dice at once you are probably toast without even roll for that)
Lethal and simple combat
Crunch so simple you can teach anyone with no effort nor time
Monsters are really scary motherfuckers you don't want to meet
Sticking as close to the books as possible
Pretty good expansions and supplements
Nice balance between crunch and fluff in gameplay

The only drawback is lack of mass combat rules, so engagements with more than 5 enemies at once can get really, really wonky, unless you are going to solve it via role-play (the book encourages that)

Poles don't squat. That's what Russians do.
Confusing those two is like saying taco is your favourite Italian food.

Ah that's right. I forgot polacks are the chain-smoking housekeepers

Yes I mean species fucking edge lord who can't have a decent discussion, now calm the fuck down.

Though witcher politics are the best politics. They happen between monster killing, because of monster killing and end with monster killing.

What's wrong about classes in the setting's context? Normally I don't like classes as a concept, but characters we see in both the books and the games are mostly archetypal.

Not the same and I actually don't mind classes but aside from witchers and sorceres there maybe one ranger in th whole role that is trhought and true archetypal to rangers and it's Maria Barring.
I mean Scoia'taels are indeed great archers but they aren't just that, they use militia tactics and never back down a melee fight, where Ranger are much more supposed to be scouts or hunters, just like Maria.
You could argue that there are Paladin-like characters but they're Knights more than anything. Religion is almost non-exitent in the lore aside from the fanatic religious, folk's subgods and the Skellige's Norse pantheon.
Only Melitele is the big religion that is followed by the common folk, if we stick to the books' lore.

i meant not the same guy.

I'm going to loot it for the setting, and convert it into whatever system strikes my fancy at the time. I'm really not a fan of the original RPG and I'm not a fan of Fuzion, so my only hope is homebrewing.

Because first of all, classes are retarded remnant from early days of D&D.
Second, the original Witcher TTRPG managed just about fine without them, allowing GREAT range of possibilities for all characters and fields to expand
Third, classes almost in all cases mean the assistance of another pointless and restricting mechanics - levels.

>Backstory
Svarte spent his childhood in a temple school, being taught how to write and read and few other things. Then he run away and joined a travelling merchant as a helphand. Few years later, he decided banditry pays better than securing merchants. Few years from that, a war started and he decided being paid for killing people is better than looting from their corpses, especially when you can still loot.
In the end, Svarte decided that being a mercenary suits him best, especially since he was pretty experienced in variety of trades.

>Skill based
Player picked Writinng & Reading, Astronomy and Geography to represent the school part. He picked Driving, Haggle and Evaluation due to merchant part. He then picked Weapons fighting, Survival, Search, Sneak and Ranged to represent bandit part. He then picked Cold Blood, Tactics and Knowledge: Military to represent the merc part. As time progress, player may decide to make Svarte an envoy, thus adding Diplomacy and Knowledge: Heraldics

>Class based
Player picks Fighter class. PC's backstory doesn't matter at all and can't be even reflected in the game. Player is stuck with a fighter, all possible feats and skills are related with being a fighter. In case of any development, they must be stuck in the mold of a fighter.

I never undestand why people are defending class-based character progression. It's pretty much shooting yourself in the feet.

goodpoints, still I would much rather have a mixture of class based system with various modifications that you will make with the backstory

What system is it based on?

Yes, I'm super pumped. I wish it had a release date or more info besides some dev notes though.

Fuzion, I think it's called. It's a pretty boring system, but I love the setting so I'll support it anyway.

Thanks. Fuzion is a pretty robust and flexible system, so I'm not worried. Interested to see how they modify the system.

I like that Witchers are both a class and race in this (from what it sounds like). I'm also pumped for the lifepath coming back.

Can't wait to walk into town razoring bad guys and monsters