Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #44

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/ct9RbPSt

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You met with Buula again, had a talk with the Time Traveling pair of Gohan and Pantea, and had Trunks and Bra join your victory paty. But Vegeta soon arrived and demanded you give him a time and place for his rematch. And so you did: the World Martial Arts Tournament.

youtube.com/watch?v=aO_Lpb2f6d4

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Roshi's_Training
youtu.be/jfHBrhMM5bk
youtu.be/7vN_PEmeKb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After the victory party, you returned home and got a nice, long rest in. The day has been a roller coaster, and this new day is going to have a lot of things you need to get started on...

Though seems one demands more attention than the others.

"Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mommy." are the sounds you're woken up by, Peppa standing on your side of the bed, Gohan next to her. "Mama. Mommy."

You groggily turn to your kids. "Mnngh... What is it, sweeties?"

"Can we get strongah now?" she asks, her determined face coming into focus after you rub your yes.

>A. Starting today? Fine, when your dad and I are both awake
>B. On your birthday, like I promised
>C. Why do you want it now?
>D. Well, maybe dad can start teaching you the basics...
>E. Something else?

>e. Go arm wrestle each other. The one who wins the most gets a pancake.

>after you rub your yes.
eyes, bah. Damn it all.

>E. "Five more minutes, sweetie pies." Rub our yes some more, almost there...

>C.
Then
>A.

C
A

>E. Something else?
We can take you to Grandpa Roshi and get you started on the basics.

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Roshi's_Training

"Mmmnn... five more minutes..." you mumble, smiling a little as you turn to Goku.

"Mamaaaaa..." she pleads, Gohan chuckling next to her as she climbs up and tries to wake you.

"Maybe you can try arm wrestling together. Winner gets the most pancakes." you tell her, eyes closed.

You see her seriously consider that, but she doesn't relent. "Pleeeeeease."

Sitting up, you pat her head. "Peppa, first, tell me; why do you want to get stronger right now?" Gohan climbs up with her. "Same goes with you, son."

Your daughter gives you a serious, determined look. "Wanna protect. Wanna stop da bad guys. Wanna be strong like you and papa."

"Wanna help friends too." Gohan adds.

You look at the both of them. You know there's more to this. For Gohan... yeah, he does want to protect his friends. Especially Pantea. But Peppa... there's a bit of worry in there. Worry over... Vegeta, huh? You ruffle her hair gently. "Then starting today, we will. When your dad and I are both awake." You hug the two of them tight. "Now, who wants breakfast?"

"Breakfast?" you hear Goku mumble, himself waking up too. Ah, some things never change...

Okay, first day of their real training. What should this be?

>A. Stay at home and focus on the basics of martial arts, some of Izumi's lessons
>B. Head to Kame House and have them start where you started on Earth, with dad's lessons
>C. Ki, get them to focus on learning it
>D. Head to Acer, see if he and Chi-chi want to join in on teaching the kids
>E. Give them each a martial arts Gi, something that'll be a nice fit for them both, for starters
>F. Something else?

Nah, we had five years of training before we took that on. Goku had more than that.

>E. Give them each a martial arts Gi, something that'll be a nice fit for them both, for starters

Attest their abilities with a combination of A and C.

After that we can...

>B. Head to Kame House and have them start where you started on Earth, with dad's lessons

Aren't the kiddies a lot stronger then us at that age?

>F. The two of you go get an egg from a Paozusaurus Den and bring it back without cracking it.

>A. Stay at home and focus on the basics of martial arts, some of Izumi's lessons

A strong foundation is important before moving on to more important stuff.

And way less experienced. You wanna give them a milk route and do construction and farm work? They're not even in grade school yet.

>>F. Something else?

We must send them out in the wilderness for months on end, without supervision, and then when they finally figure out how to survive we teach them to DOOOOOOODDDDGEEEEE

>A.
>E.

A
E

Okay, for the Gis, do y'all have any preferences on the following?

Peppa:
>Kame uniform (Like pic related)
>Pan's end of Z outfit
>One of Note's outfits
>Something else? (Share your preference)

Gohan:
>Kame uniform (Like that previous pic)
>Goku's old outfit (Like pic related)
>Crono's outfit
>Something else? (Share your preference)

Let's put 20 minutes down to decide.

I kinda wanna put them in mini versions of Goku's and Maple's current outfit.

How 'bout a Cobra Kai derivative?

Peppa
>Pan's outfit
Gohan
>Goku's old outfit

Who is note?

>misarchived already
FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Okay, for both, I'm thinking nigh invincible capes that they could use to glide or ensnare opponents with, or even use as blankets.

Nevermind looked her up.

>hey everybuddy go look at the misarchivist who totally isn't me doing this for attention

Their favorite colored versions of these.

I would normally say that the best way we can avoid the bad future is to launch a pre-emptive strike on Ghost dad before he gives the angry ghost generating computer a physical form.

Although since this is DBZ, the correct answer is to TRAIN EVEN HARDER AND REACH A LEVEL BEYOND SUPER SAYAN!

You're the one aren't you.
That autist who bitches over not getting his way.
Jesus the description even fits.

I like this.

>Kame uniforms

Even if I am the autist you complain about, why would I make fun of myself in the misarchive? You don't use any logic in your deflection, you misarchiving scum.

I'll try to throw LL another email after this. Or if one of y'all can, please do.

I think the best way to avoid a bad future is look for some counter-measures and outside help.

You got caught. The fuck even is your problem?

Peppa should get Ranma's and Gohan should get Ukyo's if he's doing the samurai thing.

Who got caught? Nobody. Ergo, whomsoever smelt it, dealt it.

>Our old outfit!

Are you 12? Seriously. This is the third fucking time, what even was the point of this? The fact that you immediately replied is more than a little suspicious.

Kame uniforms to start.

We can give them a custom deal when they get more proficient.

Because it's obvious that the first person to go look at the archive for the thread right after the thread has started is the one who misarchived it, and I'm calling bull when I see it.

I was rereading last thread you fuck

Took you a while to think up that easy excuse, huh?

Peppa gets left, Gohan gets right, basing these off of who they're gonna take after, and some of the greatest heroes wear tights.

You getting defensive is the more suspicious thing

I don't care what's going on, just stop shitting up the thread.

Okay, been 30 minutes. Let's decide.

>mini versions of Goku's and Maple's current outfits
>Pan's Z outfit and Goku's old outfit
>Capes
>Ranma and Ukyo
>Gon and Killua
>Kame Uniforms

Make your choice.

And guys, drop it. Please. I'll try to fix this later, unless one of y'all want to email LL first.

Kame uniforms

>Kame Uniforms

Didn't Izumi have a special symbol? I might be remembering wrong, but if I'm right we should use that instead of Kame.

Hey Pot, you wanna buy some kettle, heheheheh

No preference. You can have my vote Kato

>Ranma and Ukyo
ranma for peppa
ukyo for gohan

Kame uniforms, with

>Kame Uniforms

>Kame Uniforms

Does that mean they have to live in Kame house?

>"Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mommy." are the sounds you're woken up by, Peppa standing on your side of the bed, Gohan next to her. "Mama. Mommy."

But Kame School colored.

Nah, we just gotta live near a turtle.

Gamera can live with us!

Nah, I heard he's doing some time for trying to get some kids' shirikodamas.

youtu.be/jfHBrhMM5bk

>pre-emptive strike on Ghost dad before he gives the angry ghost generating computer a physical form.
Pretty sure that would happen if we attacked immediately. Which means we die, because Hatchiyak is stronger than Broly.

I wanna see Kuriza and Vegeta do this one day: youtu.be/7vN_PEmeKb0

What I want to happen is for Mable to teach Nappa and Radtiz the fusion technique. We will call the resulting fusion Naptiz.

I wonder if Naptiz will have hair.

New game has the answer: a Mohawk and a Raditz-length ponytail.

Going to sleep now, good luck!

All right, first thing's first, you give the two of them proper training uniforms. With a CLOTHES BEAM, Gohan and Peppa are given matching Kame outfits, though with the usual enhancements to them. Gohan does some stretches in his new clothes, smiling. Peppa's already running around in them, more excited than you've seen her in a long time.

"Heh, brings back memories, doesn't it?" Goku asks, doing some stretches himself.

"Lots of them." you tell him, hands on your hips. "Okay! Kids, starting today, you two are part of the Turtle School. Like your mama, like your papa, like Krillin, Yamcha, Launch, uncle Acer, Chi-chi, Lapis and Lazuli, and Chuu Lee." You walk to them, Gohan standing at attention while your daughter sways as she stands, tail happily brushing against the ground. "But that also means we need to start with the basics. So, first step: deep breath. Both of you."

While Gohan does as he's asked, Peppa tilts her head curiously. "Why's that?"

"It helps you relax your body, sweetie, and you're going to need to learn how to do that if you really want to focus. So, deep breath."

She finally does as you ask, taking a deep breath and letting it out. "Hmm..."

Okay, next...

>A. Keep up the basics, like proper stance, how to guard themselves and see where an opponent will attack from
>B. Basics of Ki, see if you can get them flying before the day's over
>C. Give them some melee lessons
>D. Turtle shells! Let's see how they handle some extra weight
>E. Something else?

>A. Keep up the basics, like proper stance, how to guard themselves and see where an opponent will attack from
>C. Give them some melee lessons

Teach them to focus energy, and have them keep it up as they go through the basics. Getting to Heights of power isn't as important, they just need to feel and start to use it.

This, cultivation requires a solid base

We can give them the Turtle shells later

Supporting

As Mr. Miyagi said, "before you can punch, you must learn balance."

Rolled 20, 17, 13, 11, 13 = 74 (5d20)

Okay, roll me 2d20, best of five.

DC is 12 for both.

Rolled 9, 14 = 23 (2d20)

Good luck kids!

Rolled 15, 8 = 23 (2d20)

Rolled 19, 6 = 25 (2d20)

Rolled 11, 8 = 19 (2d20)

Rolled 6, 10 = 16 (2d20)

Rolled 5, 5, 2, 6, 8 = 26 (5d20)

Very interesting. Writing after this roll...

You know, we could use telepathy to give them the feeling of harnessing ki.

...Well, it's not a 1.

For the next few hours, you and Goku work on training the kids, teaching the two of them the basics on fighting stances, properly spotting an opponent's attack and learning to block or dodge it, and being aware of their surroundings. To your surprise, your daughter almost seems like a natural with this, partly through her own skill, partly through sheer determination. She takes to your lessons fairly well, and takes to Goku's lessons even better. By the afternoon, she's already started to understand Ki, and seems to be able to float slightly on her own. A nostalgic smile comes across Goku's face as he sees his daughter start to get the basics of flight.

Gohan however... well, he understands it, but from how he seems to act, he isn't truly as interested in it as Peppa is. He does seem to pay attention to you better than he does Goku, and while he's trying... he just simply seems to lack the motivation, even with Peppa picking up on this so quickly.

>A. Try to work with Gohan closer, see if he really wants to go through with this
>B. Well, dad did teach you that one needs to learn how to properly rest their bodies, break time! Maybe try to find Trunks and Bra before they leave
>C. Maybe he'd be a bit more motivated if he had someone other than Peppa, see if one of the other kids are training
>D. Try to see if you can give some better instructions telepathically
>E. Something else?

>A. Try to work with Gohan closer, see if he really wants to go through with this

It's okay if you don't want to be a fighter, Gohan. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Supporting

#

>A.
Huh. Dice are against the kid. On one hand, I don't want out Gohan to go the jobber route, but I know he's going to want to learn eventually.

Rolled 2, 1, 16, 3, 9 = 31 (5d20)

Okay, wanna roll 1d20, best of five? DC is 13.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

rolling!

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Rolled 16 (1d20)

We should shove Trunks and Bra into the hyperbolic time chamber so they can get some training in before they are sent back home.

Rolled 12, 12, 20, 9, 9 = 62 (5d20)

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Whoops, wrong dice.