It's a fantasy world the size of our sun

>It's a fantasy world the size of our sun
>It's completely crisscrossed with ancient self-repairing roads

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/F-Zero_RPG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I mark its position but still plot a course for Orion III.

That is going to be one very long moto-race.

Only the size of our sun?
What about a 6.2AU long Ringworld?

>6.2AU long Ringworld
>it's one gigantic Nascar track

....and?

My character instantly collapses into a puddle of bone and tissue, as a terrestrial body that large would be so massive the gravity would be fucking insane, if it doesnt start collapsing into a black hole anyway.

All roads lead to treasure city.
Your task is to find it.

>It's hollow
>There's another world on the inside

if my calculations are correct, and if the cars stay at 300km/h the entire time, without ever stopping, it would take 357 years to complete a round

They're space cars. They can go right to ludicrous speed.

How much of the planet is populated by humanoids?

Yeah okay. I can buy that.

No really, at that point it's so obviously all magic, all the time it's easier to swallow than simply a huge planet.

I guess there are massive expeditions to go from the Inner lands to the Outer lands, as well as subterranean kingdoms in the massive borderlands between the two.

I'd okay it.

>relativistic-speed NASCAR races on a ringworld the size of a solar system

>NASCAR
A shit.

At least have Wipeout style a-grav combat racing.

>the world on the inside is hollow too
>there's another world inside the inside world
>it's worlds all the way down
>every world is a new layer, like an onion

>you will never run an F-Zero campaign.

Do these inner layers also have primordial roads?

Slow down there, Edmund Halley

Skeletons

I was actually thinking of Septerra Core.

>the cars drive so quickly that the race ends before it begins
>the track can't be a loop because the cars would crash into themselves waiting to start the race
>observing the outcome of the race may change the results
Quantum Racing League when

>the race is still sponsored by Power-Aid

>
>>the world on the inside is hollow too
>>there's another world inside the inside world
>>it's worlds all the way down
>>every world is a new layer, like an onion
Wasn't this the plot of an Iain M Banks novel? Forget which one. Layers of different civilizations within a matrioshka doll.

Matter

>you will never run an F-Zero campaign
How does it feel to be the mayor of Wrongtown, population you?

Just like real nascar races.

I actually had a similar concept a while back.

Setting runs on magitech so forget realism for a moment:

>All the planets of the solar system have been stripped and rebuilt (along with various other megastructures) to become a loosely connected network of floating continents above the son, which all together form a sort of dyson sphere.
>Above is eternal night, light comes from within. The borders of the floating continents always shine with a brilliant golden glow, and carefully constructed tunnels of mirrors also reflect light upwards onto the surface. Lastly, artificial clockpunk moons patrol the surfaces of this world, sending some small amounts of light in the perpetual twilight.
>Weather devices beneath the continents form a layer of floating lakes,and steam "clouds" which drift up to the surface. Thus below and between the continents are a sea of "clouds" and powerful updraft winds that allow one to simply float along in this inverse "ocean".

Hazy but maybe with some further development it could be cool.

>It's completely crisscrossed with ancient self-repairing roads
At last, libertarians have a chance to prove themselves!

I require the .pdf if this is real. Holy fuck please let this be real.

Can you snake, MTS and shift-boost your way up to limitless speed and/or flight, though?

> Not powerthirst

I might not be very dense.

>Giant planet the size of the sun
>The inside is hollow and has another world facing towards the center
>Where the core should be there is a very small sun that provides the inworld with warmth and light
>To prevent the planet from collapsing on itself there are various giant pillars embedded in the planet "crust" that extend to the star in the center trapping it in a cage. The amount of light that is stopped by the cage makes the inworld habitable
>Outworlders live in the perpetual tundra, glaciers, and snowy mountains that cover the outworld, the only light they get is from faraway traveling stars that heat the outworld merely to the point that it doesn't freeze over
>Inworlders stay in never-ending daylight, their geography is composed by vast liquid oceans, tropical forests, jungles, and deserts. Only those nearer to the pillars experience a twilight of sorts and night is unheard of
>The inworld and outworld are connected by a series of tunnels and ancient structures that go thought the crust. Most people don't know about those, or even the existence of the other world to the point they consider their opposite a legend
>Inworlders are taller and lankier while outworlders are short and bulkier. It probably has to do more with magic because, aside of their resistance to the climate, they can live in the other side just fine
>Among the ancient structures there are Gates that connect to other places within the same world permitting relatively quick travel among the vast surface of their world.
>Nations are very protective of their gates and the transit between them is heavily regulated, limiting smuggling and piracy to local transport and caravans
>All Inworld Gates are near or underwater, with a few placed "sky" high near the pillars, making submarines, ships, and airships a necessity for long distance travel/trade
>All Outworld Gates are terrestrial and a few under the frozen seas. They are connected by railways and submarines instead.

>I require the .pdf if this is real. Holy fuck please let this be real.

It's real. I had a lot of fun running a campaign with it.

1d4chan.org/wiki/F-Zero_RPG

>>It's a fantasy world the size of our sun

Its Ihavenoideaofbasicphysicsorasenseofscaleworld!

its a fantasy world that, even if it were the density of the sun, has a surface gravity of 28G. and which has a diameter of 1.392 million km.

Yeah. that's not going to work.